You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
yeah_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

Looks like no wizard mode has been implemented yet, and no additional call-outs. Disappointed a bit there - would rather have a wizard mode, even partially done, rather than add more modes. Still nothing to work towards it seems.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

You can have a wizard mode for completing modes that don't exist yet?

Am I reading the rules flowchart wrong? It simply says to "complete a mode" as one of the qualifications for Arkenstone. I thought the latest update would have at least one of the Arkenstone multiball scenes ready as least towards something to work for. There's certainly enough modes as it is - not saying that I don't want more - I certainly do! But I think it's more important to implement some sort of goal you are working towards from a "fun" perspective.

#18 8 years ago

I can't play mine for a couple more hours - can anyone chime in with what improvements there are with Smaug multiball?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So can someone please post/explain how to do the update? Been quite some time since I did one on WOZ and want to make sure I do it right.

It's incredibly easy - just download the Delta update, extract the ZIP to a USB (doesn't even have to be an empty one), put the USB into your Hobbit (USB port is ziptied to the wooden brace near the back of the coin box), then start up your machine and go into the service menu and select to update. The Delta only took about a minute to update I think.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Awesome! So there is a difference between extracting the zip file(s) to the USB vs just copying them all over correct?

It's one zip file - you'll need to extract it either way. So you can either just extract it right to the USB, or copy the zip to the USB and extract it there.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Does this fix the weak shooter rod?

Yes it does - I was a bit surprised myself. But after installing the update, I heard a strange whirring somewhere in the machine. And then after a minute, a spring popped out from the coin door. JJP may have taken off some of the first-announced features, but I was surprised to learn they actually added in a 3D printer under the playfield! It's an amazing innovation - now if anything breaks, the machine can print a new part itself.

#34 8 years ago

Anyone know exactly what is "vastly improved" in Smaug multiball? Played quite a few games, and can't tell any difference - surprising since it was mentioned as vastly improved - I thought it would be quite different and perhaps more objective based with a finish but it doesn't seem that way? Still looks like you just try to keep hitting all the shots as much as you can.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I just did the Delta code update. It's showing that it's running code V1.01 but whenever I push the start button the pin freezes and the screen goes dark. Then it resets itself after about five seconds. Happens each time I push start.

Just an FYI I did the Delta update as well and it went fine.

#55 8 years ago

Anyone chime in yet on what is vastly different about Smaug multiball in 1.01?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-version-101-now-available?tu=Eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.