You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
yeah_(resized).jpg
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i have done the delta on 3 different machines now. everything worked great. perhaps you had a bad download?

The zip files shouldn't in theory extract if they are corrupted. I'm wondering if perhaps a certain starting version using the delta is the issue. I've been from .080 to .083 being out there. I'll check with the guys. But you can never go wrong with the full. It takes longer yes but it's a guaranteed clean run.

#52 8 years ago

I downloaded the full...
Now it's an ISO file instead of an unzipped update folder on my MAC..
What am I trying to do now with Unaboot?... I got it to extract and now its just a bunch of weird subfolders..
no longer a master update folder to install... I'm totally lost again... I think I remember there being a bunch of weird issues with MAC
trying updates.. on WOZ in the past

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I downloaded the full...
Now it's an ISO file instead of an unzipped update folder on my MAC..
What am I trying to do now with Unaboot?... I got it to extract and now its just a bunch of weird subfolders..
no longer a master update folder to install... I'm totally lost again... I think I remember there being a bunch of weird issues with MAC
trying updates.. on WOZ in the past

Make sure your USB is formatted FAT32 not Exfat. That was my problem with the MAC. Easiest way to handle this is format your USB on a Windows PC and choose FAT32.

#54 8 years ago

Yes I can format that to fat 32
If it wasn't working I wouldn't see the delta update and it wouldn't load on THLE just doesn't work right on machine
Correct folders do image on usb for Iso full download but appears to be missing master (root) folder that machine needs to read to properly load on machine
There used to be detailed instructions for using uneboot with woz?

#55 8 years ago

Anyone chime in yet on what is vastly different about Smaug multiball in 1.01?

#56 8 years ago

So I just got my machine in yesterday and it is .81 code. I am gonna update but really only used to Sterns. I saw something in the thread about the delta update but see a full game install as well.... Do I just use the Delta? and does the USB need to be FAT32 or anything specific? Thanks.

EDIT: sorry missed the previous post here that said FAT32

#57 8 years ago

I upgraded last night (full install). Went smoothly. Afterward the ball kick out coil was too weak to kick ball into shooting lane & I had to turn up power - weird. I've only played 2 games since, so not enough to have impression of new code yet. Regardless, enjoying it so far!

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

I upgraded last night (full install). Went smoothly. Afterward the ball kick out coil was too weak to kick ball into shooting lane & I had to turn up power - weird. I've only played 2 games since, so not enough to have impression of new code yet. Regardless, enjoying it so far!

Glad you like it. I am picking mine up tomorrow. Leaving VA and driving to NJ. About a 5 hour drive. 1.01 already installed. Looking forward to giving my review sometime saturday. Friday night will be Hobbit and Beer night.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

The default setting is definitely too weak for that coil, mine was like that too. I set mine to 22 like with the .81 code.

#60 8 years ago

What was weird about having to change coil setting is that it worked fine at factory settings for 25 games. Upgraded code and then had to turn up strength on coil. No big deal in the end

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

What was weird about having to change coil setting is that it worked fine at factory settings for 25 games. Upgraded code and then had to turn up strength on coil. No big deal in the end

The original pre-loaded code from the factory had the coil strength on a lot of coils manually adjusted from the default. If you did a full install that wiped those modifications out.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

I noticed the exact same thing. After my full code upgrade, smaug's mouth wouldn't open, he would just "clench his teeth". Had to go in and adjust the parameters for the jaw operation to get it moving again.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

The original pre-loaded code from the factory had the coil strength on a lot of coils manually adjusted from the default. If you did a full install that wiped those modifications out.

I think before I do the full update I'm going to go through the settings and snap pictures of where all the adjustments are at just so I've got those and can compare.

Still waiting on my hobbit, distributor says should start heading my way in a week or two.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

I think before I do the full update I'm going to go through the settings and snap pictures of where all the adjustments are at just so I've got those and can compare.

Please go to Utilities - Settings Back Up - , plug in a USB stick and back them up. Then when you do a full install, Utilities - Settings Restore - all things are back in there in seconds. Follow the directions on the screen for both back up and restore.

LTG : )

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go to Utilities - Settings Back Up - , plug in a USB stick and back them up. Then when you do a full install, Utilities - Settings Restore - all things are back in there in seconds. Follow the directions on the screen for both back up and restore.

yeah_(resized).jpgyeah_(resized).jpg

#66 8 years ago

I have uploaded another hour of 1.01 gameplay here:

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

» YouTube video

Well crap. My software didn't output 1080P when recording, it scaled it down to 720p.

Oh well I guess I have to play it some more and upload another vid

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

» YouTube video

Been watching all your clips. Makes the wait easier. I feel like I am going to be an expert by the time my Hobbit comes in. Thanks!

Anyone know the significance of hitting the center ball? A little pop up on the right side of the screen seems to count how many hits there have been. The drarfs are mining gold? Perhaps its like advancing the YBR in WoZ where you need to get 50 to achieve something?

edit: The sounds from Queer Lodgings. So cool. I probably should stop watching and leave it to surprise.

#69 8 years ago

This game is bad ass. I just get really confused how some can say, this game sucks. I just don't get it. Are they playing a different game than I am? My neighbor is is my league and stayed til 1 am Saturday morning. He could not get enough. Here is a pic of me getting my game Friday.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#70 8 years ago

Go Hokies!

Yeah, I don't get it either - after I finally got a chance to play it I was even more excited to get it. I played WOZ several times (I have been playing it for years locally). My wife and daughter played WOZ and Hobbit (as well as my son) - then we went to lunch and we discussed should we keep the Hobbit order - or switch it to a WOZ 75. Everyone wanted to keep to the hobbit order. So the Hobbit it is!

EDIT: Actually truth be told my wife really liked WOZ (as much as she could like pinball I guess). But said she liked the Hobbit too. So she was 50/50...

Also, while WOZ looks fantastic, the Hobbit looks more 'crisp' (if I can use that word). The screen, play field, cabinet - they just seem more clear and have brighter colors.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is bad ass. I just get really confused how some can say, this game sucks. I just don't get it. Are they playing a different game than I am? My neighbor is is my league and stayed til 1 am Saturday morning. He could not get enough. Here is a pic of me getting my game Friday.

Is the warning text on the back of the head a sticker on your game?

#72 8 years ago

Man, I really want a TH. Woz is my hands down favorite pin ever, and hobbit would compliment it well. I'm waiting to see GB premium still, but I keep watching TH videos on YouTube and it looks great. I'll be curious what you all think after owning it a couple months as far as keeping your interest, and how deep you can get into it. I don't know why haters are so negative other than they have a personal issue with jjp I guess. I really think that if GB didn't hit recently, that more hype for TH would be heard. Anyway, keep posting reviews please. I'm really starting to lean towards TH, plus my wife wants one more than any other pin after we played it at replayfx last summer.

#73 8 years ago

You can't intelligently judge TH game play until the three main movie modes and wizard mode are added. That's not fault, that's fact. They are the meat of the game and will likely drive strategy, yet aren't even available.

Everything shown to date and coded into 1.01 is the potatoes. Tasty? Yes, and important to game play too. Adding vast libraries of movie clips, call outs, sound, lighting and smaug animations will introduce more side items. Code tweaking to appear for desert, and it will be served, compliments of the of house. Final wish list items and additional technology to be added like an after dinner cocktail and smoke.

Currently TH is a good / solid game. With the main movies and wiz modes added, it will play like a top game. Once sides, dessert, cocktails and a smoke are provided, it becomes a great pinball machine. When completed ... it might be off the chain. stay tuned ...

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You can't intelligently judge TH game play until the three main movie modes and wizard mode are added. That's not fault, that's fact. They are the meat of the game and will likely drive strategy, yet aren't even available.
Everything shown to date and coded into 1.01 is the potatoes. Tasty? Yes, and important to game play too. Adding vast libraries of movie clips, call outs, sound, lighting and smaug animations will introduce more side items. Code tweaking to appear for desert, and it will be served, compliments of the of house. Final wish list items and additional technology to be added like an after dinner cocktail and smoke.
Currently TH is a good / solid game. With the main movies and wiz modes added, it will play like a top game. Once sides, dessert, cocktails and a smoke are provided, it becomes a great pinball machine. When completed ... it might be off the chain. stay tuned ...

Just curious, how long do you think it'll be until a major code update that adds all this stuff? A year? Anyone care to guess? I'm still on the fence as well. I think all the code you are talking about might have pushed me in the direction of the Hobbit. Wife/2 kids and we can't decide on a WOZ RR or Hobbit LE.

#75 8 years ago

The WOZ 6 code is very well polished at this point. Really a great game that became even greater. All I can say is that as impressive as the Hobbit is, with my experience of owning the WOZ, the hobbit is not only going to be as great but possibly epic!

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Just curious, how long do you think it'll be until a major code update that adds all this stuff? A year? Anyone care to guess? I'm still on the fence as well. I think all the code you are talking about might have pushed me in the direction of the Hobbit. Wife/2 kids and we can't decide on a WOZ RR or Hobbit LE.

Keith said not years or months.

So I guess soon

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Keith said not years or months.
So I guess soon

Weeks? I like the sound of that. I really don't want to let music decide my pin, but wow the Hobbit has some wonderful sound! That's what keeps pulling me in. WOZ on the other hand bugs me a bit with the repeating theme music. WOZ gameplay is fantastic, I could see either pin in our living room!

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Both machines are beautiful and family friendly. I can say as a woz owner, it doesn't get annoying one bit, it has a ton of toys, a fantastic set of rules, and is by far my favorite pin to date. Also, at my events in my house, woz has a waiting line every time. My other pins are great, and get played a ton, but everybody leaves still talking about woz. I would get woz now while still available nib and later a hobbit. I'm really leaning towards hobbit over GB currently after reading great things from owners. Next question, as far as the flaws with ramps and rails, have those been fixed on the machines yet, or should I wait for jjp to address them before ordering one?

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

My other pins are great, and get played a ton, but everybody leaves still talking about woz. I would get woz now while still available nib and later a hobbit. I'm really leaning towards hobbit over GB currently after reading great things from owners. Next question, as far as the flaws with ramps and rails, have those been fixed on the machines yet, or should I wait for jjp to address them before ordering one?

I just got the Hobbit on Friday of last week. It is 100% fantastic. I love everything about it and w/ new code updates, man its going to be one of the best. I had a neighbor come over (who's in my league) and he could not get enough. Trust me, i have some of the top rated pins but he just kept say, damn this pin kicks ass. I told him its just the beginning. W/ new code updates, sky is the limit. If anyone likes WOZ, The Hobbit will just add that much more to your collection. Also, if Pats game is just like the first two from JJP, WOW. More money out of my pocket..

#80 8 years ago

Jack said major code done by September. That was a conversation last week.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Trust me, i have some of the top rated pins but he just kept say, damn this pin kicks ass.

Impressive collection man, many of those are best in class!

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Impressive collection man, many of those are best in class!

Thank u so much. AFM and MB were my favorites but they are now 2nd and 3rd.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you very much Lloyd. I had no idea it could be so easy.

#84 8 years ago

I've never bought a NIB from a distributor. Is Automated ok?

#85 8 years ago

I bought woz from automated. I was happy with how easy they were to work with.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Unfortunately, sounds like we'll be waiting until Fall for that update. Your wife and kids will enjoy playing TH as it stands. Game is fun to shoot and begin becoming familiar. Six months from now TH will be at 2.0 level code and you'll be glad you bought in. If you enjoy watching the rules evolve, it might be a fun journey to take. Comparatively, WOZ is complete and polished. It is off-the-shelf-ready now and is blast to play. Game play is quite different between these two titles, so best to try them both before deciding. You can't go wrong choosing either one.

#87 8 years ago
#88 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

This is such a tough decision. These pins are so expensive that we won't be able to buy both of them. These are the only 2 pins that we liked enough at MGC to consider purchasing. Funny thing, after playing the Hobbit and WOZ a couple times my wife and I both agreed that everything else in the room felt pretty stale. As it stands my 2 kids (10 and 5) both want Hobbit, the wife wants WOZ a lot. I kind of like WOZ a little more, but could go either way. Bad thing about MGC was it was so loud in there we couldn't hear the music well or the call outs, it was tough to get a lot of plays in also - a lot of standing in line. I do appreciate that the guy from Kingpin games was nice enough to bring 2 Hobbits and a WOZ to the event. Anyone near me with a WOZ and Hobbit side by side to try out again? I'd like to hear the sound and get the experience a little better.

Moose Jaw in Wisconsin Dells has both on location.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Anyone near me with a WOZ and Hobbit side by side to try out again? I'd like to hear the sound and get the experience a little better.

I have invited you to my house to play my personal machines too.

#90 8 years ago

Question- I'm watching 1.01 videos, trying to better understand game. So with all the "modes" on the book, once you complete that mode then it is gone for rest of game and you have to beat all modes to get to the end? Also, when it tells you to avoid certain shots in some modes, does it penalize you if you accidentally hit one? It would be cool if it counted as negative points, and maybe it does already. Anyway, I'm beginning to understand TH better, and it looks really good.

#91 7 years ago

Best score I can do so far.

#92 7 years ago

FYI: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-modes-discussion

Would love your assistance in better documenting the modes.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

I've never bought a NIB from a distributor. Is Automated ok?

Only if you want the best price.

At least that was the case most recently with WOZRR.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Best score I can do so far.

image_(resized).jpeg

Ummm. Not trying to dampen the enthusiasm but posting to 4 threads? Seriously?

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Ummm. Not trying to dampen the enthusiasm but posting to 4 threads? Seriously?

When you get close to a million points in Hobbit for the first time, you'll be in a posing mood also

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from B9:

When you get close to a million points in Hobbit for the first time, you'll be in a posing mood also
» YouTube video

Damn right.

#97 7 years ago

B9 check your spider it looks like its binding and not staying up on the vid.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from B9:

» YouTube video

Hey what software are u running? When u lock the ball for Smaug, the first right ramp shot he is suppose to turn around and look at you. The second time u hit the ramp he is suppose to say, how do u choose to die. The third time it looks like it'd doing what it's suppose to.

#99 7 years ago

Press both flipperbuttons to skip animation.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

B9 check your spider it looks like its binding and not staying up on the vid.

I've been having issues with the spider since I got the Hobbit, I'll get it figured out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-version-101-now-available/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.