New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 171146)

The Hobbit Topper

By BladeFury

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170110_185347 (resized).jpg
IMG_3581 (resized).JPG
IMG_7531 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Was hoping somebody would surprise use TH owners with an Expo release of a topper...Sorry but I really like nice toppers...anybody know of any in the works or anything?

#2 3 years ago

This was at expo. I'm guessing laseriffic. Nice job

IMG_7531 (resized).JPG

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This was at expo. I'm guessing laseriffic. Nice job

Nice thanks for posting!

#4 3 years ago

hello,
Could someone ask who made the hobbit pinball topper, I am to far away from expo to do it myself
Thanks

#5 3 years ago

Topper was designed by Laseriffic and Tilt Graphics Inc. For more information on price and release date go to Laseriffic.com I'm sure they will be posting info there soon.

#6 3 years ago

Ok Thanks but nothing on laseriffic yet

#7 3 years ago

We are waiting on approval from WB, I should hear something in about a week or so. It will only be sold through our website and I will make a announcement once were ready to go.
Thanks
Joe

#8 3 years ago

WOZ could use a redesign as well.

#9 3 years ago

I think that topper is too similar to the existing backglass artwork IMHO...
I really liked the original concept of the hobbit home one better that was never completed.

#10 3 years ago

Looks fabulous is it released yet

#11 3 years ago

Saw it in person at Expo and it really looks nice

#12 3 years ago

I thought that they were going to have a "interactive" topper of some sort. I guess that was just wishful thinking that turned into a rumor. It looks nice ... I saw it in person also.

#13 3 years ago

I want the topper and my Hobbit won't be here till April!

#14 3 years ago

Is this the official JJP topper they mentioned back on the google group a while back? I thought I read a rumour about JJP having a topper in the works.

#15 3 years ago

I really have no idea. I approached them with our idea months back .

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

We are waiting on approval from WB, I should hear something in about a week or so. It will only be sold through our website and I will make a announcement once were ready to go.
Thanks
Joe

Awesome work!!! Just ordered one !!!

#17 3 years ago

Me to all the way to Australia

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Good....GOD?

Are they backlogged that much or do you have it on layaway or something?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Are they backlogged that much or do you have it on layaway or something?

I was told expected delivery for Black Arrow.
What am I missing, getting screwed again?

#20 3 years ago

I was told expected delivery for Black Arrow.
What am I missing, getting screwed again?

Order a version that's actually in stock?

#21 3 years ago

Laseriffic topper installed !! Wow fast shipping thx!

IMG_3581 (resized).JPG

#22 3 years ago

Looks great, any problems with install? It's not hard but your the first person to post so I thought I would ask.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Looks great, any problems with install? It's not hard but your the first person to post so I thought I would ask.

Actually I couldn't get it to work plugged into where it said too because I tested that plug and it was giving me 12v dc but the ground wasn't showing ground...I hooked it to a separate power supply until I have a chance to look into that factory plug and see what is going on with the ground...

#24 3 years ago

Ok here is the deal on this. The line hasnt been turned on yet from JJP with a code update so the topper will not light. Keith is working on it now and I will post the update and send it out to customers that have ordered.

thanks and sorry for any confusion.

Joe

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Ok here is the deal on this. The line hasnt been turned on yet from JJP with a code update so the topper will not light. Keith is working on it now and I will post the update and send it out to customers that have ordered.
thanks and sorry for any confusion.
Joe

Awesome I kind of wondered and was looking thru the menu for something like that just in case...
Thx Joe

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I couldn't get it to work with the plug indicated, but its not really a problem for me. I had previously installed a Stern Whitstar/Sam style Accessory Power Supply buss, to power cabinet under lighting, lighted flipper buttons, etc. So i just modified the cable to plug it in to there.

Dale

1 month later
#27 3 years ago

Has the code been done as I would like to order one of your toppers . I previously did but something went wrong so I will try again , can I confirm you deliver to Australia

#28 3 years ago

I can help here. The new code 1.94 adds code that lights the topper. Also, to answer a question from way back, AFAIK this topper is the one that Jack had been talking about that was in the works.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

can I confirm you deliver to Australia

Yes we do, just send me an email to laseriffic@att.net and I will send you a quote. I only have 2 left and we will be sold out till next year

#30 3 years ago

One left, I should have more built ready to go 1st week in Jan.

#31 3 years ago

Just WOW!

#32 3 years ago

Sold out.. for now.

#33 3 years ago

I pulled in some help and we now have Hobbit toppers back in stock.

Joe

3 weeks later
#34 3 years ago

laseriffic, I've got the 1.94P code but it seems like the topper only responds to what I do with the included remote. Is there a way to tell the topper to do the functions the game asks it to? Should the game be able to tell the topper to do specific colors based on the gameplay?

#35 3 years ago

Which plug are you guys referring to? The blue 2-pin plug in the back left works on my game. Im running 1.94.

20170110_185347 (resized).jpg

#36 3 years ago

I think goldant was thinking that the topper would have some interactive lighting features, just like what was rumored early on. Several people would want that and pay extra for that. I wish JJP would make a "add-on" connector that mod people could use for "interactive" lights or automated mod features. Stern has connections that mod people can tap into for different interactive things - example is interactive toppers and interactive translite lighting/flashers. But I'm sure it's not Stern's intention for people to tap into those connections for after-market mods. JJP makes pinball and that's what they are about. They do that extremely well and I get it. Some of us mod-aholics like interactive add-ons. The people that make mods are limited with what they can do to make interactive mods for JJP pins. "It is what it is"

#37 3 years ago

Questions....
So it's only a light up topper, not interactive?
Does it tap into 12v?
Thanks

10 months later
#38 2 years ago

Anyone know if this topper still available? I can't seem to find anyone who's carrying it.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

Anyone know if this topper still available? I can't seem to find anyone who's carrying it.

Did you look on PPS website or Lasserific?

#40 2 years ago

Cointakers will have them by weeks end, we are shipping them a few

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Cointakers will have them by weeks end, we are shipping them a few

Thanks JOE!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 88.00
$ 27.50
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Sale Pending!
Smithtown, NY
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside