The Hobbit SE vs LE

By ChiroCop

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

$500.00 difference between the two. Other than a gold Smaug, what additional items does the SE have that the LE does not?

#4 8 years ago

A really cool dragon on the cab vs a ball chin creature

#5 8 years ago

a different attract mode. perceived rareness thus possible perceived value

#6 8 years ago

They are both extremely rare right now.

You can't order an SE anymore so in theory they will be more rare.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

They are both extremely rare right now.
You can't order an SE anymore so in theory they will be more rare.

Technically you cant order a smaug anymore, but i bet you 100.00 that you can call several different JJP distributors and ask for one and the will remarkably have one available that someone backed out of.

Ive seen several distributors offering them up for sale claiming that they bought extra smaugs themselves before the deadline. But as JJP has proven, they will do whatever it takes to sell more machines. (ie, what 4 or 5 different woz's now)

But since the commoners are not privy to what each distibutor ordered, we will never know how many smaugs are/were really available

Disclaimer, I do have a WOZ and a day one hobbit pro order from several years ago. Still patiently waiting on my hobbit pro. So not really a JJP pin hater, Just a JJP business model hater

#8 8 years ago

I'm relatively new to all this. In your honest opinion, when do you think the LE and SE's will ship?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I'm relatively new to all this. In your honest opinion, when do you think the LE and SE's will ship?

April-May 2016

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

It seems like they should start in a month or two. I'm basing that on the fact that all I have seen are engineering samples and test games. They still need to make sure the process is correct and that there are no engineering issues (ball traps, weak spots that break quickly, bad shots that clunk too much). Once those are out of the way they will start slowly and increase to full speed.

"Full speed" is unknown. I've heard guesses, but really, none of us know.

Finally, I'd go SE. I like the cab and the powdercoat better.

#11 8 years ago

Dave you need to hunt down and destroy the guy that copied your avatar.

#12 8 years ago

At first I liked the Smaug cabinet artwork over the Hobbit LE artwork but I've since changed my mind. The Hobbit is about Bilbo's adventure with multiple characters and there are a lot of them. Smaug is already well represented on the games playfield artwork and of course as the games main toy. I think having Smaug on the cabinet artwork is Smaug overload. I much rather have all of the characters from the trilogy represented on the cabinet versus primarily one.

#13 8 years ago

Both the LE and SE look good, but I think the SE has an additional WOW factor to it. Just my 2 cents...

#14 8 years ago

The SE cabinet is splashed with vulgar lurid imagery - and isn't that what pinball is all about? My Day 1 order is for the SE.

#15 8 years ago

I'm in on SE#4. Never seen or played either version.

1 week later
#16 8 years ago

My preferred version of the movie is that Smaug eats all the tasty Dwarves and one appetizer Hobbit. So I obviously ordered the Smaug version because, well..... SMAUG!!!!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

April-May 2016

I'm sure they will try and ship some before TPF. They really need to try and do that...would help get some orders at TPF.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Hobbit is about Bilbo's adventure with multiple characters and there are a lot of them. Smaug is already well represented on the games playfield artwork and of course as the games main toy. I think having Smaug on the cabinet artwork is Smaug overload.

Agreed. Not knowing a ton of the story and then watching the movies, totally overhyped with the Dragoon.

#19 8 years ago

SE for me.

#20 8 years ago

I can't decide about TH played it last year at Allentown, but only for 2-3 minutes so I can't say if how great it is. Obviously it looks nice, but how is the layout?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm sure they will try and ship some before TPF. They really need to try and do that...would help get some orders at TPF.

I agree! I ordered on Day 1 first thing in the morning and, per Jen, I am the 39th game on the production line. It will be SE #825 with the upgraded decals and will go next to my direct print WOZ ECLE #825.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Obviously it looks nice, but how is the layout?

Seemed pretty piss poor when I played it.

#23 8 years ago

SE #233 for me. Can't wait.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I agree! I ordered on Day 1 first thing in the morning and, per Jen, I am the 39th game on the production line. It will be SE #825 with the upgraded decals and will go next to my direct print WOZ ECLE #825.

I'm a day 15 order, so I expect a looooong wait. I am however looking forward to your thoughts txstargazer when you get it. Un boxing photos won't be long now...

#25 8 years ago

I'll be sure to post pics as soon as the happy day comes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-se-vs-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.