hobbit (resized).png
IMG_5144 (resized).JPG
Hobbit Rulesheet v0.8.pdf (PDF preview)
hobbit_sankey2 (resized).png
FeederMap-Alt (resized).png
FeederMap (resized).png
hobbit_sankey_fixed (resized).png
EOB (resized).png
Hobbit_Rulesheet_v0.6small.pdf (PDF preview)
13839694_1236657023033748_1917523963_o_(resized).jpg
Hobbit_Rulesheet_v0.5(300dpi).pdf (PDF preview)
Hobbit_Rulesheet_v0.2.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #86 Modes map, and images link (spoilers) Posted by koops (7 years ago)

Post #108 Mode order graphics and dependencies Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 7 years ago

arkenstone are major. Minor are super Spinner, Beast and feast frenzy.

1 month later
#49 7 years ago

If you open the update zip. Got into smaug folder there are only 6 or so files. Lots to go.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

Here are some more things to add after playing 1.30 a little longer today.
1. I was able to lock 3 balls before starting a mode by shooting the lit green orbits. For the first time, a Smaug lock must be lit. I think it's the same for the second time, meaning 2 Smaug locks must be lit. For the third one, the LOCK inserts will be either green or red. Red means you have rolled over it and green means you have not. If you can roll over all 4 of the LOCK targets again and make them all red, then you will be able to lock another ball before starting a mode. So once the mode was started, it became a 4 ball multiball, which does make it much easier to beat the modes as well as stack beast or Smaug mb. The spinner shots have become much more valuable with the new code.
2. I finally beat Riddles in the Dark mode, I believe you have to hit the correct drop target 3 or 4 times. Hitting more lit shots, decreases the number of available incorrect drop targets.
3. After playing Barrel Escape, if you get around to a third movie multiball it will revert back to Into the Fire. I had Barrel Escape lit for a second time but drained on ball 3.
4. Barrel Escape stage one is hitting 15 barrels (pops). Hitting all 5 DWARF targets will count as 3 barrels. The super jackpot starts at the "E" in ELF. Since that is a difficult shot you can hit the lit yellow insert (I believe it is the captive ball) and it will rotate the super jackpot to the "L" target. I ended up collecting it at the "F" target so don't know if hitting the captive ball 3 times would revert it back to the "E" target or not. A ball is added upon collecting the super jackpot. The second stage is hitting 10 ORCS and you must shoot the ramps to have the orc pop up. However, the ball will not go around the ramp, the diverter pushes forward and it does the U-turn (backstab) and shoots right back to the flippers. Very challenging, that's as far as I can get on the mode so far.
5. I don't think modes can be replayed. Here is a picture I was able to capture showing how the modes now tell the player if they have been completed/played or not. The border is much better than previous code.
6. The reason to postpone the lock is now clear with the addition of the Mode Book multiball option. In previous code, I never understood why that was even in the game because it is almost just as easy to start a mode during multiball than risk postponing the lock to start the mode and possibly drain. Now if you postpone the lock and start the mode, it will become a multiball which is much easier to turn into a stack of modes and Smaug mb.
7. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what Treasure Hunt is. During multiball there are so many things going on and it's hard to look up at the screen to see, but I know it has to deal with shooting all of the red circle shots. I want to say that completing them earns points and possibly works the player to earning an extra ball.
8. The features I have seen from hitting the correct Windlance shot are as follows: 2x scoring, 2x modes, light extra ball, 1,000 points (yuck), and add a ball. Very valuable now, but still just as hard to hit the shot.
Think that's all for now! This game is awesome.

5. I think on previous firmware if you qualified for a mode it was still available the next ball. I believe... Might be wrong, but with 1.30 you need to requalify if the ball drains. Also the yellow border is for attempted and completed modes, I don't know what the visual difference is between the 2 as I had about 12 yellows one game and I'm sure I didn't complete 12 modes.

8. There is also "add 5 seconds" to the mode.

2 months later
#69 7 years ago

Bit confused by INTO THE FIRE
the first stage of the mode you have to hit 15 shots
however sometimes when the 1st ball is auto plunged and hits the yellow dwarf targets the number 15 goes down to either 13, 12 or sometimes 9.
its like the ball is registering 6 shots

Not sure if its a feature of the rules or a bug?

1 month later
#124 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I just had an awesome game and a new G.C. Of 5,125,899. What a rush! Killed Smaug twice, and got through all mini wizards and then back "Into The Fire" a second time.
Anyway here are a couple of updates I caught from "Battle of 5 Armies"
Stage 1 : Bash 8 beasts then shoot the Ork for the super jackpot.
Stage 2: Bash 20 beasts and then shoot the Ork for the super jackpot
Stage 3:
- Shoot the "D" target in "Dwarf", then hit Thorin 5 times.
- Shoot the "W" target and then hit Thorin 4 times.
- Shoot the "A" target and then hit Thorin 3 times.
- Shoot the "R" target and then hit Thorin 2 times.
- Shoot the "F" target and then . . .
- Drain to one ball . . .end of mode. Maybe next time I'll get further and fill you in.

I believe you only have to hit thorin once between dwarf hits.
Anyways after that sequence you have to hit 3p beasts. So many.....

1 month later
#139 7 years ago

So, this is something I don't understand. Don't think the ruleset explains it.

When the ring award is 'Light Thorin'
what does it actually do?

Thorin is the captive ball? And the captive ball is always available to be hit? So what does it mean when its lit? does that mean it skips the hits so that next hit is a multiple of 5 for an award?

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Good question and I don't know the answer...
Another option is it could light thorin to collect a (non-collected) dwarf...

I just took the glass off to check. You are correct.. It spots a non collected dwarf When it's lite.

1 month later
#143 7 years ago

Show off

5 months later
#177 6 years ago

Don't think they will do a status screen. They where pretty proud to have it all on one screen without having to click through. I don't think any pin gives you mode scores on finished modes in the status screen...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-rulesheet?tu=falconpunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.