The Hobbit rules 2.0

By XpertDBA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I just bought a new LE Hobbit and really love playing it. Question - Yesterday, I got to The Battle of the Five Armies and played that. What comes after that? Is there something else? Is there a Smaug Killing mode of some sort? How do you activate it and how do you beat it?

Also - Is there a good document that explains each of the 31 modes and exactly how to beat each one? I've seen one document that explains some of them, but has a lot of question marks as to how to beat each one. Does Jersey Jack or someone else have a document explaining each one in detail?

Thanks - RW

#2 6 years ago

A final wizard mode is in the works, and hopefully comes soon. As far as smaug, you can kill him during smaug multiball. There is a great tutorial on how to on YouTube. It requires hitting several red shots, then loading the windlance and hitting the drop target(missing scale) in a short time. It's tough but awesome. I've only done it once so far. Watch the tutorial. It's a great game. Congrats

#4 6 years ago

You just bought the game and made it to TBOTFA?? Wow that's impressive... I've owned it for year and barely made it there more than a handful of times.

As well as a wizard mode owners are hoping more is done to reward playing through/completing the many game modes. As they stand today they are more of a distraction than being fully integrated, giving them more presence would make a good incentive for owner to replay and perfect them.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

You just bought the game and made it to TBOTFA?? Wow that's impressive... I've owned it for year and barely made it there more than a handful of times.
As well as a wizard mode owners are hoping more is done to reward playing through/completing the many game modes. As they stand today they are more of a distraction than being fully integrated, giving them more presence would make a good incentive for owner to replay and perfect them.

Thanks for the kudos. Yes, it was an epic game.....3-ball game, I think I earned 3 extra balls. Got 3.05 million as a final score. Will be tough to beat it.

So for my final question, there is no manual or document that explicitly describes how to beat each of the 31 modes? I find it confusing to know how many times to hit a target or exactly what they want me to do in full to complete one sometimes.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 6 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

Thanks for the kudos. Yes, it was an epic game.....3-ball game, I think I earned 3 extra balls. Got 3.05 million as a final score. Will be tough to beat it.
So for my final question, there is no manual or document that explicitly describes how to beat each of the 31 modes? I find it confusing to know how many times to hit a target or exactly what they want me to do in full to complete one sometimes.

Just watch the small screen and it will tell you what to do. Or take off the glass and manually trigger each mode to see what they do.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Just watch the small screen and it will tell you what to do. Or take off the glass and manually trigger each mode to see what they do.

The small screen has a brief blurb about what to do...but obviously doesn't tell you EXACTLY what to do. For example, The resurgence of Sauron tells you to hit the ramp, but doesn't tell you how many times to do it. I want a document that tells me exactly what to do with each mode. The game has been out this long and there is nothing that documents this?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

The small screen has a brief blurb about what to do...but obviously doesn't tell you EXACTLY what to do. For example, The resurgence of Sauron tells you to hit the ramp, but doesn't tell you how many times to do it. I want a document that tells me exactly what to do with each mode. The game has been out this long and there is nothing that documents this?

There isn’t an official rulesheet for 2.0; the nice printed PDF one is out of date

The screen does tell you what to do but it definitely is confusing if it’s your first couple games. If it says to hit the ramp or hit a target or whatever and it hasnt changed onscreen, you need to do it again! I’m not sure if anybody has a count of how many times, and I believe it changes during gameplay in some cases

#10 6 years ago

Half the fun is working your way through each mode and learning them. Knowing which ones are easy and quick and which ones are hard. Learn which ones you only want to have a single ball (one ring) and others that you want to stack with a multiball (dol guldur). And then find which ones are just fun (moon Runes and Interrogation..killer last line).

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

( Interrogation..killer last line).

I see what you did there!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-rules-20?hl=xpertdba and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.