Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game could own By itself (One game household)?”

• The Hobbit 24 votes
    21%
  • Dialed In! 90 votes
    79%

(114 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

I just got a Dialed In so can't comment too much about it yet. I also own a Hobbit and really enjoy the game. The Hobbit offers more mode variety then any other pin out there in my opinion. Keith Johnson created a ruleset for The Hobbit that is designed to make every one of the 31 book modes feel unique. Also, Two Steps from Hell did custom music for every book mode which along with David Thiels audio work make it one of the best sounding pins.

The 4 main multiballs (Smaug multiball and the 3 Arkenstone wizard modes) all have multiple stages to them and like the book modes have unique rules. I've owned a Hobbit for about two years and on default settings I haven't beaten Smaug once and have only seen Into the Fire a few times (now using critics cut preset). Code support has been overall very good for the game according to JJP a big update is being worked on for the game.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Definitely looks like Dialed In is the favorite... Theme is terrible IMO, lol - but I see a lot of videos showing some outstanding game play. Looks like it would grow on me, as I'm not 100% opposed to the theme.
I'm a huge Hobbit fan and think I might just have to get both.
Looks like I'm going to have to go play them at my new friend's house (Insanity199) first, though!

Here's why the Dialed In theme is perfect in my opinion and this is coming from someone who originally thought it was stupid and now just bought one.

1. No license restrictions so there's no complaints about the game lacking certain assets
2. The theme is intergerated perfectly everywhere on the game, from the playfield artwork, toys, cabinet artwork and into the rules
3. The backglass animations are a representation of what is occurring on the playfield, very cool.

Overall I've never seen another pin with as well of an integrated theme as Dialed In.

#30 6 years ago

Now having WOZ, Hobbit and Dialed In I'll say this about The Hobbit from an LE feature point of view. I think The Hobbit has the most beautiful and highest quality powder coated armor ever put on a pin from the factory, it's simply stunning. WOZ ECLE is a close second. The powder coated armor on Dialed In LE is nice but is rather generic, with no metallic look to it and does not have as durable of a finish as the power coat on Hobbit (hammered finish) and WOZ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-or-dialed-in?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.