IMG_5130_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160331_121811691_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
images_(resized).jpeg
22817396-men-at-the-cinema-excited-young-men-watching-movie-at-the-cinema-and-eating-popcorn.jpg
giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 9 years ago

#835 USA

9 months later
#366 8 years ago

I am 50/50 on the LE vs SE - I see the pros of both. I think the LE may look a bit better, but my kids are stoked about the SE version. Every time we look at the pictures in the brochure they say the SE 'no comparison'. I am interested in the Smaug attract mode, and a gold hobbit is kind of cool. Perhaps it has a plus of being more rare. So I plan on keeping the SE as my choice.

2 months later
#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was mid pack in ordering my #661. I was told 100% I would get it by 12-31-15. There is no way. Mid 2016 is my guess. Sucks BIG TIME!!!

When did you order? I order mine July/2014. Just wondered if you were before or after that...

#395 8 years ago

Waiting for the hobbit is the gift that keeps on giving all year Clark...HOLIDAY ROAD!

1 month later
#402 8 years ago

Holding my course on the SE...looking forward to it!

3 weeks later
#439 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Can they really call it Limited edition if it's not limited?

I think you are referring to the SE - the LE has 1500, the SE isn't technically a Limited Edition but it was time boxed to 12/31/14 - so it will be far less than 1500. In an odd way the SE will be more limited than the ... uh ... limited edition. My wild guess is that there will be less than 500 Smaug versions. Heck maybe only 400 - then it may cost more used that a TRON LE! (wait - take that back, a used TRON LE costs more than a NIB hobbit)

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Seems possible that JJP could produce more SE's later; They are not limited on how many they can produce, so it's hard to say with certainty how many SE's will be produced.

I don't think so - but I could be wrong. You aren't able to buy SE's on the JJP web site at this time. My understanding is that the only SE models were from pre-order customers that elected to switch from the LE to the SE (at no additional cost), or - if you didn't have it on pre-order - to people/distributors that bought the SE's at 9K before the end of last year.

4 months later
#460 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I really hope all of you with Hobbit on order play it a bunch before paying in full. Have most of you played it?

Haven't played it, but bought it. If I don't like it I will sell it at likely a loss. I'll take my chances.

#478 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I really hope all of you with Hobbit on order play it a bunch before paying in full. Have most of you played it?

Thanks for giving your opinion - while you may be right in your review we will have to wait until the final product / code is in a 'complete' state to properly score the machine. I think you are expecting a fast flow game, and I don't think that is what The Hobbit is going for. I think it may be touch faster than WOZ, but to my understanding it is more of a mode/journey type game - and not TRON fast.

#483 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Good point. I'll let those who pre paid for a pin they hadn't played enjoy their imaginary pin before they realize its a floaty EM.

You were more tactful and humble in your podcasts - no need to go full ahole about it on pinside. Will it be the best pinball of all time? Probably not. But there are many other good qualities about it. New players to pinball my like the toned down speeds, cool popups, big sound and video, etc. The cool custom call outs and hit stingers. Sometimes you want to play IM/TRON, and sometimes WOZ (and soon Hobbit). Heck, MB is great, but very shallow. The Hobbit is a NEW option - and to bring it back around to your podcast words "That should be celebrated".

1 week later
#521 8 years ago

BTW, who got 727 - I wanted that ... LOL

3 months later
#532 7 years ago

I would email Jen - I did.

I ordered in June of 2014 and was told July recently - so you should be July/Aug time frame I would guess. But ask Jen - she is great at returning emails.

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I might do that, although I'm not really that worried about it. I'm hoping all the quirks will be worked out of the games before they ship mine!

Same. I figure another month or two should about do it. My understanding is that there are over 1000 hobbits before mine.

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

I Ordered 1st week of May, 2014 and Jen stated I would get it sometime in July. We shall see. She also told me there was close to 1,000 orderes ahead of me.

I think I recall Jack saying a few weeks ago that there are about 3000 on order. I am curious - how many pins did stern sale of AC DC, TWD, or Metallica? Don't want to start a feud - I am just curious if 3000 is alot or about normal for a popular pinball machine nowadays.

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not to be the bearer of bad news but I am a Feb 2014 order and was told back in Jan I would be getting mine late April early May.......haven't heard anything since!

I was told the same thing in late January. I'll bet you are in late June early July territory. Email Jen if you direct ordered from JJP.

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No offense to Jen or Jack but there is no reason to email them as all they're going to do is throw out a date that, more than likely, will be missed! The game will get here whenever it's done!

I like getting a date to at least get a feel for what they are thinking - if you want to take a 'whenever' approach that's fine with me. I was just telling you what I did and what they told me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-list-by-numbers?tu=goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.