IMG_5130_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160331_121811691_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
images_(resized).jpeg
22817396-men-at-the-cinema-excited-young-men-watching-movie-at-the-cinema-and-eating-popcorn.jpg
giphy.gif
There are 559 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 8 years ago

I too am out. Too much money to leave tied up when other expenses raised their ugly head. Sold Smaug #45 to someone else through my distributor.

#402 8 years ago

Holding my course on the SE...looking forward to it!

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Long story short, before I left the factory, Jack had my El Dorado cash toward my Hobbit LE. The price was over my "never going to pay that much" price as well but being flush with fresh pin money from my sale, I let it slide.

Jack is a darn good salesman. i bet he promised delivery well before summer of 2015.

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Mines a LE, probably getting it in 2016, and riding it to the end. I love the theme and will be happy to have it next to my LOTR.

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Me too!

#406 8 years ago

Same here.

#407 8 years ago

I'm on the fence if there isn't a major update this weekend with some solid dates and massive progress I might bow out for now, sick of waiting.

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm on the fence if there isn't a major update this weekend with some solid dates and massive progress I might bow out for now, sick of waiting.

from what i heard, you won't be disappointed.

#409 8 years ago

I'm THSE game #40 and I'm in for the long haul... just hope its not too much longer!

#410 8 years ago

I've been in since day one. I have THSE #825 and am in it for keeps. I think that the Smaug Eddition may actually prove to be somewhat limited in numbers from what I have seen posted on Pinside. I'm really looking forward to what looks to be a very special game. I'm trying to keep my mind off the wait by playing the daylights out of WOZ ECLE #825 in the meantime.

Does anyone have a good guess as to how many SE pins have been ordered?

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I've been in since day one. I have THSE #825 and am in it for keeps. I think that the Smaug Eddition may actually prove to be somewhat limited in numbers from what I have seen posted on Pinside. I'm really looking forward to what looks to be a very special game. I'm trying to keep my mind off the wait by playing the daylights out of WOZ ECLE #825 in the meantime.
Does anyone have a good guess as to how many SE pins have been ordered?

Here, here!

We only just now have left the Shire: can't give up at this point!

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

from what i heard, you won't be disappointed.

What have ya heard?

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

What have ya heard?

Free pizza!

#414 8 years ago

That's what I heard!

#415 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

What have ya heard?

I just heard we should expect big news. I assume it's either a line full of hobbits ready to start shipping or something about pats game.
Either way, if hobbits are shipping, then we're one step closer to pats game.

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I just heard we should expect big news.

Hope its more than just free t-shirts..

1 week later
#417 8 years ago

Hello, I'm on a SE, don't remember the number, ordered a thousand years ago so.....

#418 8 years ago

Remember now #158 SE

#419 8 years ago

Changed mine from LE 152 to SE (I don't remember the number). I did this last year, sorry for the delayed info.

#420 8 years ago

#233- SE

#421 8 years ago

Hi people. 'just and update and though it really doesn't belong here I don't want to start a new thread so please excuse me. The latest is my WOZ crystal ball up kicker broke - it's made out of plastic (the plunger). Warranty is only 30 days on stuff like that so I'm paying. This kind of sucks so I'm relaying the message for TH - warranty is 30 days on hard stuff breaking. 1 year on other stuff so beware of the fine print.
I stopped by Flippers in Grandy NC because I was thinking of buying a MMR or MB because my WOZ is not all that reliable and I need a back up. I played the new KISS, MM, MB, Star Trek, NNG,AC/DC, and though these are really good games I was struck at how somewhat outdated they were as compared to WOZ. As another thread said an LCD doesn't make a game but I really can't find myself plunking down $9,000 for a non - video game though AC/DC and Star Trek are really good Stern games.
The Hobbit should be a real masterpiece - I know the wait is awful, really inexcusable. But once you're exposed to the video screen it's hard to go back to dot matrix. I hope Stern will come up with their own LCD screen. Ac/Dc is pretty damn good but with a video screen it would be awesome.

#422 8 years ago

#1498- I'm out....sold to another Pinsider.

#423 8 years ago

Well, I'm officially in now (Thanks! Joe- Pinball Amusements). Looking over the many pins at Flippers Grandy, Va only one really stood out from the others and that was WOZ. My WOZ can be a pain in the rear at times but I just can't go back to dot matrix even though AC/DC and KISS (and Star Trek) are really fun games. I've never seen a Hobbit movie or care to but the pin looks really damn good.
Again thanks Joe at Amusements and Frank at JJP - I wouldn't have considered another JJP product except for Frank patiently telling me how to fix stuff.

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Well, I'm officially in now

Welcome to Middle Earth.

Edit: Read the book, I think you'll enjoy it.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Well, I'm officially in now (Thanks! Joe- Pinball Amusements). Looking over the many pins at Flippers Grandy, Va only one really stood out from the others and that was WOZ. My WOZ can be a pain in the rear at times but I just can't go back to dot matrix even though AC/DC and KISS (and Star Trek) are really fun games. I've never seen a Hobbit movie or care to but the pin looks really damn good.
Again thanks Joe at Amusements and Frank at JJP - I wouldn't have considered another JJP product except for Frank patiently telling me how to fix stuff.

Thanks brother ! Looking forward to taking great care of you... I appreciate the thumbs up. Oh, also it's Pinball'STAR' Amusements ! Lol. Very glad Frank at JJP did such a good job for you and we had a chance to meet up. Joe

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Thanks brother ! Looking forward to taking great care of you... I appreciate the thumbs up. Oh, also it's Pinball'STAR' Amusements ! Lol. Very glad Frank at JJP did such a good job for you and we had a chance to meet up. Joe

Thank you.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

You're welcome.

#427 8 years ago

I'm sorry PinSTAR! I realized my mistake 5 hours later and came down from my warm bed to correct but you beat me to it.

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm sorry PinSTAR! I realized my mistake 5 hours later and came down from my warm bed to correct but you beat me to it.

It's PinballSTAR!

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's PinballSTAR!

Give me a break - I was sleepy and in a hurry

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Welcome to Middle Earth.
Edit: Read the book, I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks! I read a lot so as soon as I finish my Dean Koontz it's Hobbit time.

#431 8 years ago

I'm finally in. LE # 1379.

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky.
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

I'm finally in. LE # 1379.
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky.
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die.

Eleven for the beer, the 7th I'm very near!
Congrats!

#433 8 years ago

switch LE to SE #775 - France

#434 8 years ago

I am sure this has been posted a million times but i cannot seem to find the info on JJPs website

How many of each are they making

1500 LE and 1500 SE?

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I am sure this has been posted a million times but i cannot seem to find the info on JJPs website
How many of each are they making
1500 LE and 1500 SE?

Not known. JJP never published any numbers and most likely they never will.

Safe to say that there are more LEs than SEs

#436 8 years ago

Can they really call it Limited edition if it's not limited?

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

A little story on my Hobbit journey. I restored an El Dorado and sold it to a guy in Australia through RGP I think it was. The guy said he had several pins and a WoZ shipping from Jack's warehouse in NJ so I drove the El Dorado up to NJ to add to the container Jack was loading for him in February 2013. I had still not committed to TH as I was impatiently still waiting on my own WoZ and told myself I am not putting any more into JJP until I get my freaking game first. The Hobbit preorders had started some weeks earlier but I was steadfast, NO, not until I get my WoZ!
Well middle earth froze over that cold February 2013 day. I met Jack at his factory (heck of a nice guy) unloaded my pin. Jack spent a lot of time with me, gave me a tour of his factory, assembly line, I met Jen and a lot of the crew AND I got a preview of WoZ. I was struck by the quality, build and the awesome package that was to be WoZECLE. Long story short, before I left the factory, Jack had my El Dorado cash toward my Hobbit LE. The price was over my "never going to pay that much" price as well but being flush with fresh pin money from my sale, I let it slide. I did finally get my WoZ about 3 months later. It took roughly 2 years and 4 months to get my WoZ, TH has topped that wait time now. Funny, it does not SEEM as long. Assuming (hoping) it will start rolling on the line in September I may get to see it in my home within 2015 about a year later than expected originally.
I don't regret the decision one bit. I'm very confident the game will truly be worth the wait.

Firstly let me add that you had nothing to do with my hobbit nightmare but we are linked together by number 150

My story is I was a huge believer in JJP but WoZ theme left me cold. I ordered a hobbit #150 really early on but we had distributor issues here in Australia. Long story short I see on the JJP forum my number allocated to someone else. Jack says he is sorry but it was he who decided to on sell it.

I really hope 150 is a great game for you John and you have years of enjoyment out of it.

The bitter taste for me towards JJP will last a very long time. Unfortunately this post just resurrected some demons for me. As I said in the preface I hold no ill feeling towards you as you probably weren't even aware.

To finish on a positive note the final pics of playfield art really do look awesome. Shame it's taken so long and bruised many on the way.

Kind regards Scott

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

As long as there is a cap on production, then Yes.(1500) They could sell it as le with 5000 production games, as long as there is a limit.

Granted, the Le title becomes more and more silly when you have huge runs of them.

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I think you are referring to the SE - the LE has 1500, the SE isn't technically a Limited Edition but it was time boxed to 12/31/14 - so it will be far less than 1500. In an odd way the SE will be more limited than the ... uh ... limited edition. My wild guess is that there will be less than 500 Smaug versions. Heck maybe only 400 - then it may cost more used that a TRON LE! (wait - take that back, a used TRON LE costs more than a NIB hobbit)

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think you are referring to the SE - the LE has 1500, the SE isn't technically a Limited Edition but it was time boxed to 12/31/14 - so it will be far less than 1500. In an odd way the SE will be more limited than the ... uh ... limited edition. My wild guess is that there will be less than 500 Smaug versions. Heck maybe only 400 - then it may cost more used that a TRON LE! (wait - take that back, a used TRON LE costs more than a NIB hobbit)

Wasn't the deadline specifically for Pre-Orders to switch from LE to SE by 12/31/14?

Seems possible that JJP could produce more SE's later; They are not limited on how many they can produce, so it's hard to say with certainty how many SE's will be produced.

It makes sense that they may be available for a higher price at a later date.

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Wasn't the deadline specifically for Pre-Orders to switch from LE to SE by 12/31/14?
Seems possible that JJP could produce more SE's later; They are not limited on how many they can produce, so it's hard to say with certainty how many SE's will be produced.
It makes sense that they may be available for a higher price at a later date.

Also, we have no idea how many were ordered by distributors before the 12/31/14 deadline. Several distributors are saying they have reserved production slots available for order.

#442 8 years ago

We have WOZ-ECLE #108, ordered TH-LE #108 & changed it to TH-SE #108 when the Smaug Edition was announced.

Going to Fort Worth TX whenever JJP gets around to finally shipping TH-SE out.

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I don't think so - but I could be wrong. You aren't able to buy SE's on the JJP web site at this time. My understanding is that the only SE models were from pre-order customers that elected to switch from the LE to the SE (at no additional cost), or - if you didn't have it on pre-order - to people/distributors that bought the SE's at 9K before the end of last year.

#444 8 years ago

Bob C LE #29

#445 8 years ago

Switched from LE 472 to an SE 472.

Can't wait!

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I can confirm as of last week that they are no longer offering SE's to new buyers. I'm curious however if they are still allowing pre-2015 buyers to change their LE's to SE's.

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

I can confirm as of last week that they are no longer offering SE's to new buyers. I'm curious however if they are still allowing pre-2015 buyers to change their LE's to SE's.

My understanding is that Distributors can/are still allowing the switch (if the Distributor has the Inventory of SEs to switch), but that JJP stopped allowing everyone (including Distributors) from switching (or purchasing) after 12/31/2014.

#448 8 years ago

When I switched to the SE, I was told by Jen that they were allowing any pre-orders to switch at no cost to show appreciation to their customers that had shown loyalty and confidence in the company as long as you had paid up at least $4,500 for the LE. But any NEW orders would be taken at the full price up until 12/31/14. So the number of SE's really depends on how many switched over from the LE and how many were able to afford the SE at full price. I also heard were some one said they had asked the number of SE's that were being made and they were told that number would never be given out. So just to give you an Idea on a time frame I switched about a week after they announced the SE addition and that was Oct. 29, 2014 I still have the email Conformation from Jen. So People had only about 2 Months to make the switch or Order at full Price. I don't think we will ever know the real number but im sure it is under 1,000 or closer to the 500 mark depending on how many distributors ordered the SE's.

4 months later
#449 8 years ago

I did the switch to SE back in the time frame, just late to updating went from #865 to #232 SE.

#450 8 years ago

Stuck with an LE, SE was tempting but was Smaug overload, if they had used different images to the pf then maybe...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 559 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-list-by-numbers/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.