IMG_5130_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160331_121811691_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
images_(resized).jpeg
22817396-men-at-the-cinema-excited-young-men-watching-movie-at-the-cinema-and-eating-popcorn.jpg
giphy.gif
There are 559 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 9 years ago

If hobbit gets made, good chance it will be way more fun than any remake. And, it will be an original. Congrats, and good luck.

#102 9 years ago

#865 - Chantilly, VA - USA

#103 9 years ago

List updated...

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Add me to the list. I just purchased JoeGeno's spot. Will most likely bail on my MMRLE order now that I'm a Hobbit buyer. Feels like a bit of a gamble going with an unmade, unseen game over MM but I think it will pay off.

You clearly convinced yourself enough it's worth the gamble... Me too did sold off a perfectly restored MM to make room for a THLE. IMO JJP sets a whole new standard in pinball with their current line of pinball machines, which I prefer over a remake any day.

#104 9 years ago

Does anyone know if THLE will come with a clear coated cabinet, shaker motor, or invisiglass?

#105 9 years ago

yes all three of those were included way back when when I signed up!

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Does anyone know if THLE will come with a clear coated cabinet, shaker motor, or invisiglass?

Jack told me it comes with Invisiglass, but I didn't ask about the others.

#107 9 years ago

I think the days of the clearcoated cabinet are over, could be a major reason that all the ECLE's haven't shipped yet. They are beautiful to be sure, and I'm very glad that I have mine, but realistically, they are overkill, a high quality decal will look just as good, cost less, and not cause production slowdowns.

They tried a lot of new things on WOZ, some have worked out brilliantly, others have proven problematic. It's essential that they improve and smooth out their production, if going to decals helps accomplish that, I don't have a problem with it.

#108 9 years ago

A while ago I asked Jen about the LE extras -> If it would get Special armor color, Invisiglass & Shaker motor.
- The reply I got was "Most likely yes".

#109 9 years ago

Should I be in this thread?

#110 9 years ago

Add me to the list of freemen. I don't care about the number. I work for a distrib. and will just take the first one we get shipped to us. Paid in full. Come on December.....LOL

#111 9 years ago

For some reason I decided to go in for Hobbit LE instead of WOZ LE... So far no regrets whatsoever.. Will it be sold out by its release? I just know this will be an awesome game, flow, speed, toys lights and quality, so it should! Although 1500 seems a bit of a high number... I'm convinced that once this game is out many will regret they were not among the ones
But yes, right now I also vote for not being sold-out by release.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

But yes, right now I also vote for not being sold-out by release.

Still 20% of the voters think JJP will never sell all it's 1500 LE's... But I think that if we get to see more of the Hobbit as we are getting closer to the release, more people jump in.

The moment I got in, a fellow pinsider mentioned there were just 20 THLE spots... Someone with more/new info?

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Still 20% of the voters think JJP will never sell all it's 1500 LE's... But I think that if we get to see more of the Hobbit as we are getting closer to the release, more people jump in.
The moment I got in, a fellow pinsider mentioned there were just 20 THLE spots... Someone with more/new info?

I think as soon as a game play video hits the street with a fully-populated playfield, people will go bonkers and the game will be instantly sold out. I also foresee WOZ + cash trade offers galore. The Hobbit theme is infinitely cooler and will surely make for a better pin. Mine will go right next to my LOTR.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I sent Jack an email a little over a week ago advising him I was contemplating canceling my MMr with him and getting TH. He advised "I can do whatever you like - let me know - Hobbit LE is almost sold out".

#116 9 years ago

^^^What else would the salesman say," Do what ever you want - we've got plenty of them left."

Jacks profit from The Hobbit is 100% vrs a small percentage from a MMr order. Of course he'll say what needs to be said. That goes for all the distributers. It's not like these guys are doing us favors, they're out to sell pinballs and make as much money as possible before the well runs dry!

#117 9 years ago

I'll probably just buy a regular edition Hobbit and get it months if not years before the 1500 LE are produced.

#118 9 years ago

1009 going to Denmark

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Jacks profit from The Hobbit is 100%

I really doubt that...

Quoted from TZBen:

I'll probably just buy a regular edition Hobbit and get it months if not years before the 1500 LE are produced.

Expect a radical different production rate than on WOZ.

- Is there any info on the Standard version so far? At WOZ launch JJP announced both LE and standard version. Since the Hobbit is announced, no info on a standard version. Right?

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Expect a radical different production rate

based on what? what he "should" do? maybe that production rate won't speed up until JJ can produce three different games to keep his line busy.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

based on what? what he "should" do? maybe that production rate won't speed up until JJ can produce three different games to keep his line busy.

MAYBE on the fact there is no need to build that production line in the first place. And MAYBE because there is a learning curve on each title how to improve (production) on the next?! There are more such reasons why there is an upscale in production to be expected, but I won't bother you with that oke.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

MAYBE on the fact there is no need to build that production line in the first place. And MAYBE because there is a learning curve on each title how to improve (production) on the next?! There are more such reasons why there is an upscale in production to be expected, but I won't bother you with that oke.

Lol, so based on that he can't crank out the last 25% of the WOZ LEs but he will suddenly ramp out a new game with new assembly and parts and everything will change?

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol, so based on that he can't crank out the last 25% of the WOZ LEs but he will suddenly ramp out a new game with new assembly and parts and everything will change?

So are you arguing that he can't improve?
Surely you don't believe that.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Surely you don't believe that.

I think they will improve a lot. But thinking its going to be at full speed is just going to disappoint everyone. Even a little bit more of a realistic impressions will leave everyone happy. Its all about expectations.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think they will improve a lot. But thinking its going to be at full speed is just going to disappoint everyone. Even a little bit more of a realistic impressions will leave everyone happy. Its all about expectations.

True, but what is full speed?

#126 9 years ago

Ralph, #89 MoP going to Rotterdam The Netherlands!

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Now we are on the same page : )

#128 9 years ago

New $ seems to be a top JJ priority. If the hobbit is good I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a regular.

#129 9 years ago

I'm hoping there will still be le's left in September cause that's the soonest I'll be able to make a deposit. If not I'm hoping jjp decides to make a standard because I haven't seen it mentioned by him.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

full speed would be banging out units in a sternish fashion. i hope they get there some day.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

full speed would be banging out units in a sternish fashion. i hope they get there some day.

I don't agree. JJP isn't trying to be Stern at this time. Going for releasing one game a year is reasonable to shoot for.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I don't agree. JJP isn't trying to be Stern at this time. Going for releasing one game a year is reasonable to shoot for.

i agree with you here, i am just hoping their production line would be as efficient as sterns in the future. who wouldn't want timely made machines?

there's a reason mmr is using sterns factory and not jjp's. maybe this is why? i can only assume.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

1009 going to Denmark

Wow pinball must be popular in Denmark. Only 491 remain for rest of the world.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I really doubt that...

You do know what profit is?

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

TaTa said:
Jacks profit from The Hobbit is 100%

I really doubt that...

Quoted from TaTa:

HENSBROOKER said:
I really doubt that...

You do know what profit is?

Lol! I don't think he does : )
1prof·it noun, often attributive \ˈprä-fət\
: money that is made in a business, through investing, etc., after all the costs and expenses are paid : a financial gain

: the advantage or benefit that is gained from doing something

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Same here. A game like WOZ though has more parts in terms of hardware, features, toys, etc in it than any game Stern is making, including MMR, so they are going to take longer to build. A game like WOZ will take more time to develop parts for, build the parts, assemble the game and ultimately test it before its shipped. With making games like WOZ and TH I wouldn't expect JJP, or see them having to, crank out as many games as Stern at the moment to be successful. I do wonder if they will eventually make a Stern pro level type game for around $5k in addition to their higher end games.

I recall seeing a video where Jack mentioned he would like to see JJP creating about 2500 games a year, be profitable and offer people good jobs. Hopefully they get there.

#137 9 years ago

List updated... 162 Pinsider are in on the The Hobbit so far.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

All that is true...

AND, they presumable will not have to deal with some of the WoZ design flaws/mis-steps (notable, light boards).
AND, they likely will not get caught with their pants down on cabinets again.

BUT,

A few things potentially working against them:
1. Trust. They have certainly strained/lost much of the the patience/trust/goodwill they had with WoZ. Do you really think ANYONE will believe ANYTHING Jack has to say about production scheduling or shipping estimates?
2. Funding. Something went haywire with the supposed private funding deal...probably no one knows for sure but Jack....
3. Pre-funding. They had plenty of TH money to burn during their WoZ troubles- not to mention all the pre-paid WoZ money. They likely will not have that slush fund for TH production (unless they start pre-selling JJP#3). So, the company will have more pressure to actually run under its own steam soon...

So, I think many of the design woes ARE resolved or much improved for TH. However, I think there are still MANY challenges they will need to overcome AND plenty of risk.

Example:
I still think they are vert suspectible to a "run on the bank." When/IF the first promised delivery dates start to slip on TH - if a big chunk of pre-payers decide to bail, I think the company would fold quickly without that capital they've been living off of.

So... Im hoping to see TH in the wild (and for sale), but pre-ordering is AS if not MORE risky than its ever been, IMO.

#139 9 years ago

im hoping pin 3 is a must have lowepg!

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

im hoping pin 3 is a must have lowepg!

Well, me too.

PL is my all-time favorite designer and I own or at one time owned every one of his B/W designs except WW.

Having said that, I'm NOT a fan of anything he did at Stern. I'm hoping that was much more an issue of Stern than of him running out of creative juices...

The new platform and willingness to innovate from JJP seems like a match made in heaven for PL to deliver a new masterpiece.... Ive got my fingers crossed for what comes next....

#141 9 years ago

im just hoping its a must have so I get pin number 2!

#142 9 years ago

let's just hope that they don't have to use all their remaining parts in stock to put out their very last THLE machine. (#93 ideally)

#143 9 years ago

I'm officially in, The Hobbit #241

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I'm officially in, The Hobbit #241

Check...

1 week later
#146 9 years ago

New future Hobbit owners after artwork release?

#147 9 years ago

If any wants/needs to give up there spot I would like to take it over. Just checking before I buy in @ 8k...I would love to save $500.- and maybe help someone out at the same time.

#148 9 years ago

When is 1st hobbit going to get shipped???

#149 9 years ago

apparently dec 17th ish

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

If any wants/needs to give up there spot I would like to take it over. Just checking before I buy in @ 8k...I would love to save $500.- and maybe help someone out at the same time.

Likely doable. Try starting a WTB thread plus a WTB ad in the Market sectio .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 559 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-list-by-numbers/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.