• 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bdaley6509
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 11 years ago

I hope the toys & features are more interesting, interactive, and "magical". For all the talk about "mechanical action" toys ...the WOZ toys honestly don't really do anything. I want to see toys with multi-functions. Example - The Ringmaster on CV. In the down position it allows you to hit targets. It has a magnet which captures the ball for a cool effect. In his up position, he's a bash toy. In his high-up position, he reveals a "scoop" shot....then the ball is kicked out of a VUK. Or, a toy with multi-tiered animation, like the ship on POTC or MM's castle. I'd love to see neat tricks like the elevator or wand on Pinball Magic...or even the flying catapult trick from Big Guns! WOZ showed they can do quality and tech...but I wanna see the WOW factor that the living world under glass can accomplish!

It's another widebody so I want to see LOTS of ramps ...and divertors on those ramps to bring the ball to multiple places for lots of variety! More drop targets!!!! Drop targets that reveal new areas/ramps/saucers!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

You wont see em on location, Unless its an inexperienced op that doesnt realize he will never make his money back at $7500 a pop

Jack is doing a location lease program, right? So....an op won't have to spend that kind of money to have the game on location.

#42 11 years ago

Also I wonder if Jack will share tidbits about design, art, toys as the game is created....or was that only for the first game to earn trust for a new venture?

#158 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Has JJP said all games moving forward will be wide body? If so that kinda sucks i honestly dont really like wide bodies all that much. Sometimes i like to play a short game as well like Tron or IM or BSD. IF they limit themselves to one programmer that kinda sucks. We all know Kieth is amazing at coding and rule design. But if they stick with that uber deep it could segregate there sales.

It's kind of funny - when Stern moved away from the "Keith Deepies" into IM/BBH/Av/Tron territory, the consensus seemed to be "We like deep rules! Stern's dumbing down the games!" ...then, people realized those types of rules and layouts can be super fun - and now it seems like many are vocal AGAINST the deep games!

At the end of the day there are players that like this style...players that like that style...players that like both. Jack knows that Keith's games sold TONS....that means enough people like that type of game that it's worth doing. TZ is still hugely popular, so that means enough people like Widebodies to make it worth doing. Jack's whole concept was "I want to provide a product that Stern isn't" ...so, if Stern is doing standard bodies with simpler rulesets...it makes sense to cater to another market by doing widebodies with deeper rulesets. Seems like all bases are covered if you're a pinball player in the market for a new game!

#164 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Jack said he gets more requests for a payment plan than anything else. If people are going to pay, he might as well sell the spots.
I like playing LOTR and will have one some day but I really do not understand the story. Never got into it.

Put aside a few days and watch the movies

#167 11 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Also, just keep in mind some characters are called multiple different names. I re-watch the trilogy about every two years. Don't watch the extended collector's edition unless you know you already love it lol.

I watched the first movie in the theater and was just bored out of my F'ing mind.....then I fell in love with the pinball, and figured I should watch these things so I know what's going on in the game. I decided to go w/ the extended editions and I'm glad I did - it's MUCH easier to watch in a home setting vs. the theater. I watched half a movie a day...hehe. I really like all the added stuff in the extended versions...really fleshes things out in a good way - didn't feel like padding. Anyway...the pin actually got me to give the movies another chance and now I really enjoy them. The same thing might happen with Tron...lol. The Tron 3D Blu-Ray was on sale last weekend so I snagged it...figured since I'm all in love w/ the pin now, why not give the movie another shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-le-announced?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.