• 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bdaley6509
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Everyone bitching over the 7500 dollar price tag didn't buy an AC/DC LE did they? It was 8k. 6300 for premium (dist cost) and another nearly 2k on top of that for bible/ltbr

Will people quit parroting this BS? Some people paid that who got to the game late. I didn't even pay $7K for my BiB. Of course BiBs are going for way more than that now, so how good a deal was it really?

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

me too, between JJP and Stern i'll be waiting another 2 years for NIB.

I'll be limiting my pre orders to whatever Steve Ritchie's next game is. I had hoped for a Dennis Nordman machine from JJP and that is not going to happen. When it comes right down to it, I don't care what brand is on the pin. I just want the most fun playing pin I can get. I'll have plenty of time after the next SR game is released and in my living room to scope out the progress on TH and decide.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If by pinball machine you mean one that needs manual resetting frequently, not actually manufactured, and not available to the people who spent thousands of dollars, then yes, you'd be correct.

Sorry, the eight WoZ machines at IAAPA seemed to play fine with no resets that I saw. There were very few ball jams if any and I hung out near the games for a long time, not to mention playing at least one game on all 8 of them. There are also plenty of pictures to prove that they are being manufactured in large numbers now and just waiting on software and a few other touches. They will be "available" quite soon.

#254 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Here is something else people haven't said anything about: Why will it take a year and a half to design and build the second game?

Licensing...no release of much till 3rd movie is out unless you want to just cover "An unexpected Journey"

Much more likely its because JJP only has one design team. Joe Balcer and Keith Johnson are still working hard on WoZ and both will also be doing TH once WoZ is done. They will have way less than a year and a half on TH once they can turn their attention there. Don't forget that Stern has three design crews so they can have three games in the pipeline at once. Each game takes a long time to produce.

I had kind of hoped that Nordman had a playfield for JJP #2 designed and ready to go, but that is not the impression that I got listening to Jack at SPF.

The delays in WoZ may have caused cash flow problems and not to mention JJP needs to hire a bunch of factory workers soon. Otherwise, I really doubt they would have dropped this pre-payment bomb right at the worst time of the year for most people to have to cough up any money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-le-announced?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.