• 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bdaley6509
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 11 years ago

Jack said he gets more requests for a payment plan than anything else. If people are going to pay, he might as well sell the spots.

I like playing LOTR and will have one some day but I really do not understand the story. Never got into it.

#178 11 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

Very few people are going to pre-order another machine before they get to try out their first one.

Predator, on the other hand, isn't paid for until it's done, except a small deposit, 500 or so.

There are a lot of people that said they already put a deposit, seems like many are first time JJP buyers. I do not think both themes will fit everybody. We will see.

Predator was telling everybody no money due. They did just change that and ask for $500 now. You do know that was a change correct? I would not use that as an example of how to do things since they did that.

#204 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

SkitB comparisions to Stern and JJP are not very valid IMHO
However, since it was brought up lets get a few things correct>>>
The SkitB guys put it up for discussion among those on preorder well before even thinking about actually enacting the SMALL deposit of $250 (approximately 5%). At the same time, edition of 250 is much more of a LE than 1500 so it is a totally different market and business model. Lastly, the overall price is only about 60% of what others are charging... I am sure there may be some changes, but as of right now I at least feel good about the model they have going.

You are correct, it is $250, and I mixed that up with the TH deposit so that is not in question. I disagree that the comparisons between Stern/JJP/SkitB as not being valid. They are all making the same end product for the same market, pinball machines. I agree they have different business models, but same market.

On the $250 (5%) deposit, they were telling buyers there would be nothing due until complete. They realized they needed to get some money so they tossed the idea out there and most were supportive. That is no different than somebody wanting to support JJP and give them a $500 (6.6%) deposit. Very small difference in percent because JJP will cost more in the end, which you make a good point of but your percent is far off. Using $5,000 for SkitB and $7500 for TH, Pred only 66.6% or about 65 or 70% of what TH will cost until Feb 15.

#238 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Now if 69 came up sure but otherwise, whatever.

I hauled Xmen Wolverine #69 up here to AK this past summer for a friend!

#239 11 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

What Happened to the real way of doing business, Using your own money to build and market a product and selling said product once its finished. Not before its finished.
Sounds more like he needs more money to finish the OZ project, pre selling a game thats is suppose to be released in 2014.
Does noone else think this is truly ridiculous.
How about you all just start prepaying for Sterns new Star Trek pin now, before its released next year. Without pics, or anything.

Did you copy this from the thread you started? Full disclosure, do you sell pins? If yes which brand(s)?

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

There is that, but there could be another factor: a growing waiting list. Once the 250 Predators were sold, a number of latecomers wanted to join. Asking for a small deposit is a way to find out if a potential buyer is for real. I do not mind that. It will clear some spots for the poor souls in limbo. Otherwise some would would know only ≈ 10 months later, when the last machine will be built and its future owner is asked for 1/2 of the total amount.

I agree they are saying it is to see who is serious but according to comments in this thread, if they are asking for money, they need money. With a small group like they are I would think that is likely. Same with Jack on a bigger scale, does he need money or is he just seeing who is committed? I like to think they are both just weeding out the guys that signed up for free to see how far they can go before they commit.

#259 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Yesterday i read movie 2 is already been made. So, i assume they will work on part 3 soon.
But part 3 will be in cinemas in, about 2 years. So, when jack wants to put toys in it, or songs etc, only seen in part 3. He will have to wait to show us pictures and videos about it.
Is this a false assumption? Cause when it is true, we will see hardly pictures of the machine i am afraid.
Well, just have to wait and see i guess.

Correct but the book was published in Sep 1937. Are there many secrets? I guess there may be a few spots hidden but he should be able to show some. If not it will be a different journey than WOZ. Would suck not seeing anything.

#265 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I still can't get over an 'interactive Topper'

I hear you there. I asked that when it first came out and there was no good answer. We may get a surprise but I suspect it is done. All it needs to do to be considered interactive is have lights change color with a few modes and it is interacting. Kind of wish they could think of something cooler but it looks good with the current one.

#267 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

It doesn't even change color right? Thought it was just the green color?

We do not know yet but I would be very surprised if it does not at least have the ability to change colors. Every other light on the machine can change colors. Just hoping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-le-announced?tu=absocountry2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.