Topic Stats

• 297 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bdaley6509
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Licensing...no release of much till 3rd movie is out unless you want to just cover "An unexpected Journey"

Unlike some other movies where the pinball design team had to sit in a locked room to read the script after being frisked for cameras, we already KNOW the ending of Hobbit, LOL

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Unlike some other movies where the pinball design team had to sit in a locked room to read the script after being frisked for cameras, we already KNOW the ending of Hobbit, LOL

This sort of thing keeps getting said by many people. Also the whole "but the book is only 250 pages!!". The fact is, they are including content from the LOTR appendices. So while we can and read all those appendices, we don't know exactly what the movie will end with. Of course we don't know if JJP will include content from the appendices too, but I think it's likely.

edit: Apparently Peter Jackson is also using some unreleased work from Tolkien as well.

#253 6 years ago

Since the actors are still alive, it would be great to have them do actual pinball quotes, and not just junk from the movie.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Here is something else people haven't said anything about: Why will it take a year and a half to design and build the second game?

Licensing...no release of much till 3rd movie is out unless you want to just cover "An unexpected Journey"

Much more likely its because JJP only has one design team. Joe Balcer and Keith Johnson are still working hard on WoZ and both will also be doing TH once WoZ is done. They will have way less than a year and a half on TH once they can turn their attention there. Don't forget that Stern has three design crews so they can have three games in the pipeline at once. Each game takes a long time to produce.

I had kind of hoped that Nordman had a playfield for JJP #2 designed and ready to go, but that is not the impression that I got listening to Jack at SPF.

The delays in WoZ may have caused cash flow problems and not to mention JJP needs to hire a bunch of factory workers soon. Otherwise, I really doubt they would have dropped this pre-payment bomb right at the worst time of the year for most people to have to cough up any money.

#255 6 years ago

Yesterday i read movie 2 is already been made. So, i assume they will work on part 3 soon.

But part 3 will be in cinemas in, about 2 years. So, when jack wants to put toys in it, or songs etc, only seen in part 3. He will have to wait to show us pictures and videos about it.

Is this a false assumption? Cause when it is true, we will see hardly pictures of the machine i am afraid.

Well, just have to wait and see i guess.

#256 6 years ago

My only concern with this would be if Jack is short on cash and that is driving the need for him to collect money now (only because I would be worried about sustainability, I hope this isn't the issue, I am sure the start-up is a capital intensive).

If Jack is deciding this is how he wants to do things I think it is his call, in the end, sales will let him know if he is on the right track. If customers are willing to pay cash for things upfront then more power to him... why should he take on loans from a bank if he doesn't need too. He could go get a loan, but then he has interest payments, and that is just another cost he would need to cover.

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Yesterday i read movie 2 is already been made. So, i assume they will work on part 3 soon.
But part 3 will be in cinemas in, about 2 years. So, when jack wants to put toys in it, or songs etc, only seen in part 3. He will have to wait to show us pictures and videos about it.
Is this a false assumption? Cause when it is true, we will see hardly pictures of the machine i am afraid.

Hobbit movie 1 is Dec. 2012, movie 2 is Dec. 2013, and movie 3 is July 2014 which is the date they want to release the Hobbit pinball machine.

#258 6 years ago

That is waht i said.

But to release pictures of pinballtoys and -modes before the movie is out? Not gonne happen i think.

Dont think we will see as much as we have seen of woz all they trough the productionproces, until movie 3.

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Correct but the book was published in Sep 1937. Are there many secrets? I guess there may be a few spots hidden but he should be able to show some. If not it will be a different journey than WOZ. Would suck not seeing anything.

#260 6 years ago

Hobbit 2: The Desolation of Smaug
So we will see SMAUG in movie 2.

The Hobbit3: There and Back Again
I think there will be the big battle against the orcs and the homecomming.

I don't know, but I think the big toys will cover 1 and 2 (hobbiton,dwarfs, trolls, spiders, barrel rafting, gollum/ring, egales, .........and the big one: SMAUG), the finale in 3 will not need a big toy attractions. There is enough material for good toys in the first 2 movies, 3 could be implented just with videos and modes.

When I think about the barrel rafting perhaps we will see a white water ramp?^^

#261 6 years ago

As a license holder intending to create something incorporate all 3 movies, I suspect Jack & co will have access to at minimum a summary of the full 3-movie script, so they can at least plan out what major features they want. Final artwork and model designs may have to wait until much closer to the third film.

Just picture it as something similar to WOZ and the witch - they knew roughly what they wanted, but what they first came up with doesn't look a whole lot like what's there now.

#262 6 years ago

here is what i hope for. JJP get a prescreening of all three movies in one sitting and anyone who has ordered a hobbit le by that time gets invited to screen it with them!!! i would love that!

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Another wide body pin?
I'd prefer they change it up a bit (and speed it up a bit) and go with standard.
Still, this theme will surely appeal to more people than WoZ did.

This "widebody" is their version of standard sizing...
See the 904 pinball zine youtube channel for their presentation at SPF 2012

#264 6 years ago

I still can't get over an 'interactive Topper' and then we don't get one. Plus, the regular version is almost an LE . . . too close . . . needed to be MARKED differences.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I still can't get over an 'interactive Topper'

I hear you there. I asked that when it first came out and there was no good answer. We may get a surprise but I suspect it is done. All it needs to do to be considered interactive is have lights change color with a few modes and it is interacting. Kind of wish they could think of something cooler but it looks good with the current one.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

All it needs to do to be considered interactive is have lights change color with a few modes and it is interacting. Kind of wish they could think of something cooler but it looks good with the current one.

It doesn't even change color right? Thought it was just the green color?

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

It doesn't even change color right? Thought it was just the green color?

We do not know yet but I would be very surprised if it does not at least have the ability to change colors. Every other light on the machine can change colors. Just hoping.

#268 6 years ago

I'm curious, what did people expect the "interactive topper" to do?
The only one that I can think of that is interactive is FT. Maybe DW but I think that is stretching it.
I remember reading "interactive topper" back when WOZ was announced, but never really knew what to expect.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

I'm curious, what did people expect the "interactive topper" to do?The only one that I can think of that is interactive is FT. Maybe DW but I think that is stretching it.I remember reading "interactive topper" back when WOZ was announced, but never really knew what to expect.

I think the most interactive is Twister and Whirlwind, for you really 'feel' something as a player.
Really interactive would be if the topper responded to whether there'd be someone walking past (or standing in front of) the game or not.

I wouldn't be upset about the topper not being interactive: would have been nice if it was, but not the biggest deal. How the software turns out to be would be my biggest concern (and though I haven't seen anything yet that makes me have faith in it, knowing Keith is programming it, does).

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I think the most interactive is Twister and Whirlwind, for you really 'feel' something as a player.
Really interactive would be if the topper responded to whether there'd be someone walking past (or standing in front of) the game or not.
I wouldn't be upset about the topper not being interactive: would have been nice if it was, but not the biggest deal. How the software turns out to be would be my biggest concern (and though I haven't seen anything yet that makes me have faith in it, knowing Keith is programming it, does).

True. For some reason I did not think of those.
No doubt about the software. Having KJ on the code was a big selling point for me.

#271 6 years ago

I think most people were expecting something that MOVED. Whether it be a barking Toto head... a curtain that revealed the Wizard... a fan a la Twister... those air-powered flame thingies... something that rose out of the backbox (I remember that guess being made when the early backbox photos showed clear varnished tops) and so forth.

At PPE, Jack said this:

Guy: Can the topper change color?
Jack: This one can't, no.
Guy: But it will change?
Jack: Ehhh... this one won't. It's green, cuz it's the Emerald City.
Guy: And behind the logo on the backglass, is that going to have any
kind of lighting effect, or is that just going to be a single...
Jack: No, it's going to be just that, right now.

It's hard to decipher what's meant by this. Is the clue "this one can't", ie. the one on this machine isn't the only one that they're making... or is the clue "it's the Emerald City", which means because the LE is the Emerald City edition, this is what you're going to get regardless of what they could've done.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I think most people were expecting something that MOVED. Whether it be a barking Toto head... a curtain that revealed the Wizard... a fan a la Twister... those air-powered flame thingies... something that rose out of the backbox (I remember that guess being made when the early backbox photos showed clear varnished tops) and so forth.
At PPE, Jack said this:
Guy: Can the topper change color?
Jack: This one can't, no.
Guy: But it will change?
Jack: Ehhh... this one won't. It's green, cuz it's the Emerald City.
Guy: And behind the logo on the backglass, is that going to have any
kind of lighting effect, or is that just going to be a single...
Jack: No, it's going to be just that, right now.
It's hard to decipher what's meant by this. Is the clue "this one can't", ie. the one on this machine isn't the only one that they're making... or is the clue "it's the Emerald City", which means because the LE is the Emerald City edition, this is what you're going to get regardless of what they could've done.

Interesting.

I remember reading (not sure where, maybe on the WOZ group) very early on that it would not have a whirlwind fan.

Barking Toto head would be sweet.

#273 6 years ago

Hobbit LE #1035 here, just saying...

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

I'm pretty sure poor Toto would take some heavy damage after he was foolish enough to bark at me for the hundredth time in a night of pinball and beverages.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Hobbit LE #1035 here, just saying...

Welcome to Middle Earth gorgar!

Jim W.
WOZ ECLE & TH LE #825

Post edited by txstargazer3 : typo

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

Interesting.
I remember reading (not sure where, maybe on the WOZ group) very early on that it would not have a Whirlwind fan.

I was really hoping a whirlwind fan would be the topper for the tornado effect, it's just so perfect...oh well.

#277 6 years ago

My budget as of now is i can spend $6000 on some real machines that exist . Or i can put deposit on a machine that is in the works and i may or maynot like .Its a No brainer to me

Tis model was good to start up JJP and i supported it to the hilt , but is quite lame in my eyes to continue with this model . Its all good for JJP he is a smart cookie thats for sure .

But hey i hope its a great game and the people that pre order are happy , its their cash .

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from criss:

My budget as of now is i can spend $6000 on some real machines that exist . Or i can put deposit on a machine that is in the works and i may or maynot like .Its a No brainer to me
Tis model was good to start up JJP and i supported it to the hilt , but is quite lame in my eyes to continue with this model . Its all good for JJP he is a smart cookie thats for sure .
But hey i hope its a great game and the people that pre order are happy , its their cash .

Guys come on at 1500 for the run of the game; that is not limited at all for real

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Guys come on at 1500 for the run of the game; that is not limited at all for real

Exactly, I have 3 games in my collection that have a production run less than that. Hell even CV has a full production run of 2200. That's only 700 more, and it's not hard to find those.

#280 6 years ago

OK, so we are in agreement, CV and others are more readily available than THLE. "nough said"

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

OK, so we are in agreement, CV and others are more readily available than THLE. "nough said"

and you really don't see the overall picture on this? Oribitor 1 has a production run of half of the LE's. How hard are those to find?

in the land of the blind, the one eye'd jack is King.

For those, who's eyes glaze over at the announcement of a new game coming out, and blindly reach for the wallet. Just sit and ponder for a moment, on what is really going on here. Sit and really think about this whole business model, and exactly whats' being asked of us as a customer. Look at the big picture. Who's being taken advantage of?

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Um, in what world do you live in? Lochness Monster pinball (with what, 1 game in existence?) is more readily available than THLE... of which zero copies currently exist.

Not even sure where you are trying to take this at the moment....

#283 6 years ago

I think Cv had many more than 2200 made....?

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from jpop:

I think Cv had many more than 2200 made....?

Bah what do you know?

#285 6 years ago

oops. Yup 2700. Still not much more than 1500. I was thinking of Atlantis which is 2200. And I have 2 of those sitting in my basement. Wasn't exactly hard to track one down.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

oops. Yup 2700. Still not much more than 1500. I was thinking of Atlantis which is 2200. And I have 2 of those sitting in my basement. Wasn't exactly hard to track one down.

My Gottlieb Atlantis is simultaneously twice as rare as THLE (when it is released) and currently infinitely more common than THLE as it is currently made of unexistium. Gottlieb Atlantis had a production of ~800 reportedly. Do I win a prize? (not directed to you Neo FWIW...)

What does this have to do with anything? Am is supposed to get the warm fuzzies due to the "rarity" of my posession?

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

My Gottlieb Atlantis is simultaneously twice as rare as THLE (when it is released) and currently infinitely more common than THLE as it is currently made of unexistium. Gottlieb Atlantis had a production of ~800 reportedly. Do I win a prize? (not directed to you Neo FWIW...)
What does this have to do with anything? Am is supposed to get the warm fuzzies due to the "rarity" of my posession?

does nothing to the game just saying that their is no way runs of 1000 and 1500 are limited editions

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

does nothing to the game just saying that their is no way runs of 1000 and 1500 are limited editions

Agreed; every game (hell, everything I own down to plastic forks and knives) is limited in number.

Whoopity doo.

#289 6 years ago

Gottlieb's Atlantis had a run of 2225 and Bally's Atlantis had a most LE-like run at 1501 machines.

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

which was the point I was trying to make. If it's not 200 or less, it's not really that limited. You might think the pinball community is huge, but we are quite small in the grand scheme of things. So a run of 1000, is quite large. Because out of our small group, there probably isn't even 1000 that want/afford a specific title. Won't make it hard to obtain...limited or not.

#291 6 years ago

500 are designated as European editions.....so we do only have 1000 for the U.S.A.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Gottlieb's Atlantis had a run of 2225 and Bally's Atlantis had a most LE-like run at 1501 machines.

Gah, either I memorized the production of Gottlieb atlantis wrong, or I read a wrong number along the way.

That at least explains the relatively large number I have seen of these over the years (a handful), and makes me at least a bit optimistic someone would make a repro playfield someday

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

500 are designated as European editions.....so we do only have 1000 for the U.S.A.

Still not limited like was said before a 1000 units is a lot

#294 6 years ago

yup 1500 for the entire world, is not limited by any means. That's more than enough to go around for the limited pinball collectors there are out there.

#295 6 years ago

Limited is relative to the amount of games produced. This argument will only be valid when it's released, until then it's just speculation. I got in on the LE not because of the limited run but because it's gonna be cheaper. If I waited to go with a SE I don't think I'd have the cash. I really wish they would just do away with LEs and make one version fully stocked.

2 years later
#296 3 years ago

INSIDE ANNOUNCEMENT ON OUR NEXT GAME:
Now that we have produced a game, the natural question we keep being asked is what game is next. I wanted to hold off on talking about the next game until we had real first game - WOZ, which we certainly have. At IAAPA we told some customers that our next game will be The Hobbit Pinball Machine and the excitement was off the charts. International distributors expressed a strong interest and some made place-holder orders on the spot.
With that, we are now accepting pre-orders for the Limited Edition version. The Hobbit Pinball Machine will be released in a timeframe consistent with the third Hobbit movie in mid 2014 as the game will embody all three movies. The first Hobbit movie release date is December 14, 2012, the date of our Open House. All of what we do on this game, as was the case with Wizard of Oz Pinball, will be based on approval of our licensor.
The game will be a full-featured wide body with the "bells and whistles" you have come to expect from a JJP game. Keith will be programming the game as he did with LOTR Pinball as well. More details will follow with the public announcement in a few weeks but it will not disappoint!
As a buyer of ECLEWOZ you now have the opportunity to reserve your same game number(s) as you have now for The Hobbit LE Pinball which will have 1,000 Limited Edition games as before but we added 500 games for the European market. (game numbers 1001-1500). The price for The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball is $7,500 on a Pre-Order basis and we have a payment plan that spans until mid 2014 as the game ships. We need to start this now to ride the wave of publicity for the first Hobbit movie which opens in a few weeks on December 14th and in order to give everyone enough time with the payment plan.
The Payment Schedule is as follows:
$500 - NOW
$1000 February 15, 2013 - (Price changes to $8000.00)
$1500 May 15, 2013
$1500 September 15, 2013
$1000 January 15, 2014
$1000 April 15, 2014
$1000 July 15, 2014 – Delivery
The price will change on Feb 15th 2013 if LE’s are still available to $8,000.00. We expect The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machine to sell out completely in less time than ECLEWOZ sold out! After all, everyone can now see the type of quality games we are building and our second game will move along much faster than our first game did and we must ship this game as the third movie hits the theaters!
A refundable deposit of $500 placed by December 15, 2012 will secure your Hobbit LE Pinball with the same game number you have now for your ECLEWOZ. Any order paid in full will have their freight charges (up to $400) paid by JJP.
Only paid in full buyers of ECLEWOZ will be able to reserve The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machines at this time.
We have a huge interest from selected distributors we discussed this with at IAAPA to get The Hobbit LE Pinball and certain game numbers. Some of them missed out on ECLEWOZ and don't want to miss this one too. That's why we have this time frame to help you decide before releasing unreserved game numbers to other buyers after December 15, 2012.
This is not a public announcement or press release but rather a courtesy offer to you as a valued and loyal JJP buyer. We will not take orders from the public until all current JJP buyers have had an opportunity to decide on The Hobbit LE Pinball as those people would be asking for game numbers from current JJP buyers and that would not be fair to you. JJP and WOZ Pinball would not be possible without you and we appreciate your loyalty and patience as we created a real pinball manufacturing company!
Remember also that some people did not order ECLEWOZ and are waiting for the long rumored public announcement of The Hobbit Pinball Machine from us to place their orders.
If you would like to place your Pre Order for The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machine, just emailJen@JerseyJackPinball.com or Katie@JerseyJackPinball.com and they will take your order. You can also call them at (732) 364-9900 ext 203 (Jen) ext 202 (Katie) or call me directly toll free at (800) 473-5225 if you need additional information.
It's a very, very exciting time for all of us at JJP and for Pinball. We are thankful that you had the confidence and belief in our Team to create a wonderful game for you with The Wizard of Oz Pinball. There is so much more to come and soon!
Jack Guarnieri
President & CEO
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.

Here's a blast from the past.

#297 3 years ago

That's some funny sh!t right there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside