• 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bdaley6509
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 11 years ago

This is awesome but will always live in the shadows of lotr. Hope it does not turn out like ij4.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from bigbrother32:

I am a woz LE owner (#980 i think) and i never got this message! Why is this?

Oops! Just another learning step in building a company. Nobody is perfect.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Maybe Jen took the day off?

I talked with her this morning. She took my deposit and sent me a statement. Had a nice chat.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I talked with her this morning. She took my deposit and sent me a statement. Had a nice chat.

well i hope i get my email soon

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

This is awesome but will always live in the shadows of lotr. Hope it does not turn out like ij4.

I can't wait to see how LOTR will look sitting next to a Hobbit LE. That should be an interesting comparison.

#56 11 years ago

correction #960

#57 11 years ago

Well, I guess I'll save my $$ and hope for a 3rd title to interest me. I'm sure it will sell well though.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I can't wait to see how LOTR will look sitting next to a Hobbit LE. That should be an interesting comparison.

Flame suit ready...

But seriously, gonna have to pass on this pre-order, too close to Christmas and $7500 is a whallop for me. Been waiting soo long for the WOZ, think I'll wait and see and maybe trade my HUO WOZLE for a hobbit standard when production is flowing if it seems right.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

1500 LE models??? Does LE still stand for limited addition?
Taking pre orders for number two months before shipping number one??
The coolest part is they will sell out easily and laugh all the way to the bank... again!

LE stands for Limited Edition at 75 hundy it will limit it to where it won't be an addition to my lineup.

#60 11 years ago

Wish WOZ was in the house before pre ordering second.

That said I am very excited about this title. But if there are few differences between 1500 LEs and however many reg editions. I might wait for pro on this model. $7500 when 1500 made does not sound that limited to me either.

Just my opinion folks

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

i am sure we will hear from jjp tomorrow. i hope he tinkers with the original plan.
i want to buy hobbit but i REALLY think its only fair to let your customers play the first game at home before commiting to #2

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i want to buy hobbit but i REALLY think its only fair to let your customers play the first game at home before commiting to #2

No sh^t

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

1500 LE models??? Does LE still stand for limited addition?

Taking pre orders for number two months before shipping number one??

The coolest part is they will sell out easily and laugh all the way to the bank... again!

When I read the post heading I initially thought that it was interesting and cool that he was announcing what his second plan pin was going to be.

After I read his post I thought that there were going to be a lot of pissed off people because he is taking pre-orders on the 2nd pin without going into production to fill existing orders of WOZ. To top it off the 2nd pin will have a price bump by Feb. 2013 if people do not get in early, yet the game will not be produced until a year and a half later.

So since I am not in the loop, does this mean the WOZ orders are going to be filled by Feb. 2013?

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Hobbit does not appeal to me at all.
Looks like I will have to wait and see what JJP #3 is.

me too, between JJP and Stern i'll be waiting another 2 years for NIB.

#65 11 years ago

It's becoming more and more clear I need a second and third job.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

So since I am not in the loop, does this mean the WOZ orders are going to be filled by Feb. 2013?

That would mean producing ~333 games a month for the next three months... this might happen in magical Christmas land I guess.

#67 11 years ago

I can only imagine what Stern will start charging for LE's now

#68 11 years ago

Some people crack me up saying the price is too high and they cannot afford it. Sure it's a lot but why not look to rotate (sell) some pins and fund the next one. C'mon, a lot of people here own 8 or more nice games and could fund this thing if they wanted to easily. They've gotta have at least $25000 in pin equity there judging by the games they say they own. Just sell something(s) and you don't have to come up with new cash.

Of course if you can't bear to let one or two machines go then I guess you have to find new money. I found once I sold my first couple of games it became easier to justify this hobby of multiple pins at a time (especially to your wife). Plus you have the thrill of getting / hunting for a new machine without aching over the hole in your bank account it would have created.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sounds like you'll be waiting until at least 2015 then.

and will definitly be at $10,000

#70 11 years ago

I am surprised noboby has complained about the 500 games being limited to the European market; if the supply for the rest of the world (North America for most intents and purposes...) gets bought up by existing customers if only to excercise the arbitrage opportunity I guess it sucks to not live in the Euro zone.

Also, if this keeps rolling, does that mean the LE's for ? title #3 would automatically have 1500 LE's?

Eventually you will hit a bump and only sell a portion of these with some gaps between the numbers.

Not the end of the world, but this is definitely interesting times.

Mind if I hit y'all up for an 11 million dollar ( 1500x$7500 ) interest free loan? C'mon, its Christmas

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

does this mean the WOZ orders are going to be filled by Feb. 2013?

Summer 2013

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am surprised noboby has complained about the 500 games being limited to the European market; if the supply for the rest of the world (North America for most intents and purposes...) gets bought up by existing customers if only to excercise the arbitrage opportunity I guess it sucks to not live in the Euro zone...

I am not sure the 500 games are actually limited to Europe. I think they may be open to others.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Word!

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

JJP just gave the perfect opportunity for stern to up their games another $1000.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

JJP just gave the perfect opportunity for stern to up their games another $1000.

Then they better show some quality/innovation improvements to justify it. The JJP's may be spendy, but seem built like tanks, thus making it seem more $-worthy.

#76 11 years ago

Exactly. JJP has shown some MAJOR improvements to the build quality in comparison. I think Stern games are a blast but, if they up the price they better up EVERYTHING else too.

#77 11 years ago

Everyone bitching over the 7500 dollar price tag didn't buy an AC/DC LE did they? It was 8k. 6300 for premium (dist cost) and another nearly 2k on top of that for bible/ltbr

#78 11 years ago

True Alex. ACDC LE was up there. I do think Stern Needs to have some better QC and better efforts put into being innovative. This coming from someone who has bought waaaaayyyy too many Stern NIBS and now Woz, Hobbit pre-orders.

#79 11 years ago

Seems like total BS to me... Taking deposits on a second game before the first one is even out? Just last month I played WoZ at the Chicago Expo and it wasn't even close to finished in regards to the coding and ruleset, not to mention the games were resetting and having technical issues about every fifth player... I guess if they can get the money then more power to 'em.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Mind if I hit y'all up for an 11 million dollar ( 1500x$7500 ) interest free loan? C'mon, its Christmas

No shit, must be nice to use customer's money to fund a pinball company for the next year and a half.......I initially wanted in on this one, but I think I'll sit back and see how this all plays out.

Will be interesting to hear from Jack on all this hubbub....

#81 11 years ago

I am all for the success of any company brave enough to undertake what JJP has, but...

I hope many pinheads tell JJP to piss off with this current business model. If the collective lot of you/us just held off for a while on sending in that $500 deposit then JJP may actually have some incentive to deliver some customer service instead of asking for another interest free loan on a game that is so far out and they have not even delivered you your original WOZ that you paid for 12-24 months ago...

Seriously, man up and tell JJP that you do not like being strong-armed into paying a deposit on machine #2 just to hold your position/number when they have missed deadline after deadline, recently opted to bump distributors (that paid after you did) in front of your WOZ production place, and you STILL are yet to play a single game on your machine. The more I have thought about it, the more this sucks!

JMHO of course.

#82 11 years ago

I understand people complaining about taking orders on #2, before #1 is shipped. I don't understand why they aren't saying the same thing about J POP. He did the same thing, but at least a WOZ exsists.

I might order a Hobbit, I'm running the numbers now. It would be a great first NIB for me. It's not for everyone. No problem. If everyone had the same tastes, life would be boring.

Pinball on dudes!

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I don't understand why they aren't saying the same thing about J POP. He did the same thing, but at least a WOZ exsists.

It may be in part because JPOP is ACTUALLY providing Limited Editions... Comparing JPop to JJP is apples and oranges.

#84 11 years ago

Source? or just guessing???

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It may be in part because JPOP is ACTUALLY providing Limited Editions... Comparing JPop to JJP is apples and oranges.

I agree, JJP made a pinball machine.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Everyone bitching over the 7500 dollar price tag didn't buy an AC/DC LE did they? It was 8k. 6300 for premium (dist cost) and another nearly 2k on top of that for bible/ltbr

Will people quit parroting this BS? Some people paid that who got to the game late. I didn't even pay $7K for my BiB. Of course BiBs are going for way more than that now, so how good a deal was it really?

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Speaking of JPop, where is Magic Girl? I heard about it a while back but haven't seen much recently. I know it was supposed to be a very limited run.

#88 11 years ago

I agree, JJP made a pinball machine.

If by pinball machine you mean one that needs manual resetting frequently, not actually manufactured, and not available to the people who spent thousands of dollars, then yes, you'd be correct.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

me too, between JJP and Stern i'll be waiting another 2 years for NIB.

I'll be limiting my pre orders to whatever Steve Ritchie's next game is. I had hoped for a Dennis Nordman machine from JJP and that is not going to happen. When it comes right down to it, I don't care what brand is on the pin. I just want the most fun playing pin I can get. I'll have plenty of time after the next SR game is released and in my living room to scope out the progress on TH and decide.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

not available to the people who spent thousands of dollars

How is this different than JPop?

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If by pinball machine you mean one that needs manual resetting frequently, not actually manufactured, and not available to the people who spent thousands of dollars, then yes, you'd be correct.

Did you order one?

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Sorry, the eight WoZ machines at IAAPA seemed to play fine with no resets that I saw. There were very few ball jams if any and I hung out near the games for a long time, not to mention playing at least one game on all 8 of them. There are also plenty of pictures to prove that they are being manufactured in large numbers now and just waiting on software and a few other touches. They will be "available" quite soon.

#93 11 years ago

You ever get the feeling there are Stern Plants growing in here

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

You ever get the feeling there are Stern Plants growing in here

You made me almost pee my pants on this one.

If you don't like the theme, or price, don't order/buy one.

#95 11 years ago

You made me almost pee my pants on this one

If you don't like the price of THLE then here is a AFM you can get instead...oh wait its 5.5k more

ebay.com link: Attack From Mars Pinball Machine New CC PF Shaker Color DMD MORE

#96 11 years ago

Stern, JPop, JJP all is AWESOME for us and we should all be happy how pinball has turned around in two short years. If you don't like the next one coming wait until you do. It's very simple.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Sorry, the eight WoZ machines at IAAPA seemed to play fine with no resets that I saw. There were very few ball jams if any and I hung out near the games for a long time, not to mention playing at least one game on all 8 of them. There are also plenty of pictures to prove that they are being manufactured in large numbers now and just waiting on software and a few other touches. They will be "available" quite soon.

Cool, glad to hear they ran well at IAAPA. I love what JJP stands for, super impressed he's risked so much to bring pinball back, and WOZ looks like it will be one of the best games ever made. Back on topic, I love the Hobbit and love it as a theme (even with LOTR already being a pin that not only exists, but kicks ass) just shocked they're asking for deposits on a new pin before they've actually shipped one that they've already made major promises on already...

#98 11 years ago

Now, I will want LOTR to be near Hobbit. Thanks for reminding me.....

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Now, I will want LOTR to be near Hobbit. Thanks for reminding me.....

Just make sure TH is on the left of LOTR.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Everyone bitching over the 7500 dollar price tag didn't buy an AC/DC LE did they? It was 8k

Mine was 6860.00 to my door For BiB. I paid in late January and received it May 11. I would never wait 18 months for a game with my money on it !

Good luck to all you guys laying money down ! You have more patients than me .

Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-le-announced/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.