Topic Stats

• 297 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bdaley6509
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 6 years ago

INSIDE ANNOUNCEMENT ON OUR NEXT GAME:

Now that we have produced a game, the natural question we keep being asked is what game is next. I wanted to hold off on talking about the next game until we had real first game - WOZ, which we certainly have. At IAAPA we told some customers that our next game will be The Hobbit Pinball Machine and the excitement was off the charts. International distributors expressed a strong interest and some made place-holder orders on the spot.

With that, we are now accepting pre-orders for the Limited Edition version. The Hobbit Pinball Machine will be released in a timeframe consistent with the third Hobbit movie in mid 2014 as the game will embody all three movies. The first Hobbit movie release date is December 14, 2012, the date of our Open House. All of what we do on this game, as was the case with Wizard of Oz Pinball, will be based on approval of our licensor.

The game will be a full-featured wide body with the "bells and whistles" you have come to expect from a JJP game. Keith will be programming the game as he did with LOTR Pinball as well. More details will follow with the public announcement in a few weeks but it will not disappoint!

As a buyer of ECLEWOZ you now have the opportunity to reserve your same game number(s) as you have now for The Hobbit LE Pinball which will have 1,000 Limited Edition games as before but we added 500 games for the European market. (game numbers 1001-1500). The price for The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball is $7,500 on a Pre-Order basis and we have a payment plan that spans until mid 2014 as the game ships. We need to start this now to ride the wave of publicity for the first Hobbit movie which opens in a few weeks on December 14th and in order to give everyone enough time with the payment plan.

The Payment Schedule is as follows:

$500 - NOW

$1000 February 15, 2013 - (Price changes to $8000.00)

$1500 May 15, 2013
$1500 September 15, 2013
$1000 January 15, 2014
$1000 April 15, 2014
$1000 July 15, 2014 – Delivery

The price will change on Feb 15th 2013 if LE’s are still available to $8,000.00. We expect The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machine to sell out completely in less time than ECLEWOZ sold out! After all, everyone can now see the type of quality games we are building and our second game will move along much faster than our first game did and we must ship this game as the third movie hits the theaters!

A refundable deposit of $500 placed by December 15, 2012 will secure your Hobbit LE Pinball with the same game number you have now for your ECLEWOZ. Any order paid in full will have their freight charges (up to $400) paid by JJP.

Only paid in full buyers of ECLEWOZ will be able to reserve The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machines at this time.

We have a huge interest from selected distributors we discussed this with at IAAPA to get The Hobbit LE Pinball and certain game numbers. Some of them missed out on ECLEWOZ and don't want to miss this one too. That's why we have this time frame to help you decide before releasing unreserved game numbers to other buyers after December 15, 2012.

This is not a public announcement or press release but rather a courtesy offer to you as a valued and loyal JJP buyer. We will not take orders from the public until all current JJP buyers have had an opportunity to decide on The Hobbit LE Pinball as those people would be asking for game numbers from current JJP buyers and that would not be fair to you. JJP and WOZ Pinball would not be possible without you and we appreciate your loyalty and patience as we created a real pinball manufacturing company!

Remember also that some people did not order ECLEWOZ and are waiting for the long rumored public announcement of The Hobbit Pinball Machine from us to place their orders.

If you would like to place your Pre Order for The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball Machine, just emailJen@JerseyJackPinball.com or Katie@JerseyJackPinball.com and they will take your order. You can also call them at (732) 364-9900 ext 203 (Jen) ext 202 (Katie) or call me directly toll free at (800) 473-5225 if you need additional information.

It's a very, very exciting time for all of us at JJP and for Pinball. We are thankful that you had the confidence and belief in our Team to create a wonderful game for you with The Wizard of Oz Pinball. There is so much more to come and soon!

Jack Guarnieri
President & CEO
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.

#2 6 years ago

Party On

#3 6 years ago

Man, do I want to give you my money. I guess I'll hold out for number three.

#4 6 years ago

I guess they need more money!

#5 6 years ago

Another wide body pin?

I'd prefer they change it up a bit (and speed it up a bit) and go with standard.

Still, this theme will surely appeal to more people than WoZ did.

#6 6 years ago

So when will this be released? No no I see when they say but when does it actually come out?

Hope it's a great one. Wish it was a better theme but it's not the worst i guess.

#7 6 years ago

Now that the core os is done, I think they will be able to hit release dates better. It won't be the same as WoZ. They have a lot to build upon. Also sticking with wide body is probably easier for them. As for this game, it's another Joe Balcier. I may place a preorder but need to see the tentative layout before committing.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Another wide body pin?

I'd prefer they change it up a bit (and speed it up a bit) and go with standard.

Jack said last week that this is the only size they are making from now on.

If they every make a " JJP widebody", it will be the size of Hercules.

Quoted from RobT:

Especially to guys who like hairy feet.

#9 6 years ago

Will this one be available for operators to put on route? I'll just wait to play it on location if it is.

#10 6 years ago

I wouldn't want to plunk down for a second game before I even got the first one. Lol

#11 6 years ago

I'm curious as to how many WOZ buyers will deposit on hobbit for the same number.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I wouldn't want to plunk down for a second game before I even got the first one. Lol

I would hope that they are planning their next game given that their first is almost finished Besides this was a rumour like 8 months ago...

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Another wide body pin?

Yep, WOZ cabinet size for all their Pins moving forward based on the Q/A at SPF.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

As for this game, it's another Joe Balcier.

Hmmm.

#15 6 years ago

Hobbit does not appeal to me at all.
Looks like I will have to wait and see what JJP #3 is.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

I would hope that they are planning their next game given that their first is almost finished Besides this was a rumour like 8 months ago...

I'm aware. All I'm saying is I couldn't make up my mind on buying a 2nd before I received my first.

#17 6 years ago

I love competition, and I was really glad to see some competition back in the Business of Pinball, it's usually a great benefit for the Consumer in any industry...

That being said I'm bummed with these high prices driving the price of all pins through the damn roof!

FWIW

Buck

#18 6 years ago

I am all over a Hobbit pinball machine, but it's crazy to think where I will be in 12/2014. More than likely will have at least one kid and maybe another on the way by then. Who knows where I'll be living, too. Or more importantly, what my collection will be at and how many machines I may or may not have. Crazy to think that far ahead in life, yikes.

#19 6 years ago

I hope the toys & features are more interesting, interactive, and "magical". For all the talk about "mechanical action" toys ...the WOZ toys honestly don't really do anything. I want to see toys with multi-functions. Example - The Ringmaster on CV. In the down position it allows you to hit targets. It has a magnet which captures the ball for a cool effect. In his up position, he's a bash toy. In his high-up position, he reveals a "scoop" shot....then the ball is kicked out of a VUK. Or, a toy with multi-tiered animation, like the ship on POTC or MM's castle. I'd love to see neat tricks like the elevator or wand on Pinball Magic...or even the flying catapult trick from Big Guns! WOZ showed they can do quality and tech...but I wanna see the WOW factor that the living world under glass can accomplish!

It's another widebody so I want to see LOTS of ramps ...and divertors on those ramps to bring the ball to multiple places for lots of variety! More drop targets!!!! Drop targets that reveal new areas/ramps/saucers!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Hobbit does not appeal to me at all.

I'm glad I am not the only one.

#21 6 years ago

If locking the first ball doesn't illicit a "what have I got in my pocket" callout, opportunity missed.

#22 6 years ago

I'm sure it will be a great game, but wow, $7,500 for the pre-order price. I was considering a buy, but that might just push it out of the box for me. That's a chunk of change for sure.

#23 6 years ago

Awesome news, I think it is a great theme, go JJP!!!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

I am all over a Hobbit pinball machine, but it's crazy to think where I will be in 12/2014. More than likely will have at least one kid and maybe another on the way by then. Who knows where I'll be living, too. Or more importantly, what my collection will be at and how many machines I may or may not have. Crazy to think that far ahead in life, yikes.

Lol I'm in the same boat as you man. My wife reminded me that we will have at least one kid by the time I get this. Crazy.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I'm sure it will be a great game, but wow, $7,500 for the pre-order price. I was considering a buy, but that might just push it out of the box for me. That's a chunk of change for sure.

Heck thats what many other 25 year old pins sell for and more. It is a lot tho, agreed.

#26 6 years ago

1500 LE models??? Does LE still stand for limited addition?

Taking pre orders for number two months before shipping number one??

The coolest part is they will sell out easily and laugh all the way to the bank... again!

#27 6 years ago

Taking pre-orders for #2 before #1 is out, doesn't seem any nuttier really than taking pre-orders for #1 when nothing prior was out... right? Except now there is much more info to go on about the sort of pins JJP is making. Not as much info as a finished pin in peoples' basements, but still.

#28 6 years ago

I wonder what the standard edition will sell for? Hopefully that one gets a preorder price break also. I am in for a standard version as long as its the same playfield/rules as the LE. I like how the woz le and standard versions are the same minus some trim 'bling'.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I agree. That's pretty steep.

Quoted from teekee:

1500 LE models??? Does LE still stand for limited addition?

I agree with this as well. 1500 is hardly what I'd call limited. Stern didn't even make that many IMs.

#30 6 years ago

Ack, $7,500 starting out!? I thought WOZLE started at like $6,500?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

I thought WOZLE started at like $6,500.

It did. All I can say is that If JJP can actually sell 1500 units at $7,500, it doesn't bode well for future prices in general.

#32 6 years ago

I'd think this one would be the same price or cheaper, now that all his startup costs are taken care of by the first game. :/ only way these inflated prices will stop, is if we stop buying.

#33 6 years ago

I really wanted to put one out on route here in town.

#34 6 years ago

Just an observation. I find it interesting that a delivery date is posted for the second pin (July 15, 2014 – Delivery ) while the delivery date for the first pin is still in limbo. You'd think it would be the other way around.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Just an observation. I find it interesting that a delivery date is posted for the second pin (July 15, 2014 – Delivery ) while the delivery date for the first pin is still in limbo. You'd think it would be the other way around.

I think the license must require him to release it with the third film's release.

#36 6 years ago

I really want a JJP game but I will be waiting to see what game 3 is first 2 themes do nothing for me.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I really want a JJP game but I will be waiting to see what game 3 is first 2 themes do nothing for me.

Sounds like you'll be waiting until at least 2015 then.

#38 6 years ago

You wont see em on location, Unless its an inexperienced op that doesnt realize he will never make his money back at $7500 a pop

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

You wont see em on location, Unless its an inexperienced op that doesnt realize he will never make his money back at $7500 a pop

Jack is doing a location lease program, right? So....an op won't have to spend that kind of money to have the game on location.

#40 6 years ago

$7500 pre order will probably be a deal breaker for me. And yeah 1500 units is NOT Limited Edition. I thought 1000 was a lot.

#41 6 years ago

We will se how location lease works out.

#42 6 years ago

Also I wonder if Jack will share tidbits about design, art, toys as the game is created....or was that only for the first game to earn trust for a new venture?

#43 6 years ago

I am a woz LE owner (#980 i think) and i never got this message! Why is this?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from bigbrother32:

I didn't get the email either. Did you buy direct from Jack or through a distributor? I ordered from Jen.

#45 6 years ago

I never got the message either except here on good old pinside.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from bigbrother32:

Neither have I.

WOZ ECLE #825

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I didn't get the email either. Did you buy direct from Jack or through a distributor? I ordered from Jen.

I ordered straight from jen too!!
SO I AM KIND OF CONFUSED

#48 6 years ago

I bought direct from pinballsales/Jen and also did not receive an e-mail about Hobbit.

#49 6 years ago

Maybe Jen took the day off?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I bought direct from pinballsales/Jen and also did not receive an e-mail about Hobbit.

I Know so why did these people receive emails

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside