image_7.jpg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_10.jpg
image_9.jpg
image_8.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 8 years ago

Is it still in the box 4 hours later? More pics please!

#42 8 years ago

1 person playing. The other person taking pics and video

#54 8 years ago

Thanks for the pics. Looks beautiful.
Keep em coming!

#214 8 years ago

How does one activate modes like the beast and feast frenzy LCD videos shown? (and the 30 others) Haven't seen them in any videos at expos. Just the main multiball

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from dar8dar:

shooting the ramps when there lit
trying to download video to YouTube but I'm computer dumb
so we'll see if I can figure it out

If you have it on your computer already just login to your YouTube account. Click the upload button top right hand corner and drag the file in.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from dar8dar:

not on my computer yet
don't have YouTube account
don't know how to drag
computer dumb
working on it

If you have it on your phone you can do it directly from there through the YouTube app

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from dar8dar:

That's what I'm waiting on my nephew is out of state for a funeral

#252 8 years ago

Cheers. Reading that was better than any video I have seen so far. Thanks for the detail. The game makes more sense now.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from DanT:

During the main multiball, major shots are lit with a fiery red/yellow shimmer effect. One gripe with the current code is that it didn't seem to have rules for progression and ultimately completion. I could hit lots of shots and keep the MB going, but I was never able to clearly advance further in the game. The shots would extinguish when hit and eventually other shots would instead be lit. The exact behavior was unclear to me while juggling 3-4 balls in play.

Both main MBs in WoZ where progression based. Considering how crazy hard RESCUE MB is I am sure Smaug MB will be progression based.

Quoted from WakiMiko:

» YouTube video
According to this trailer, in order to light one of 3 "Arkenstone" modes you have to complete all 5 "jewels" (screen parts), which doesn't sound too easy. So I guess it's quite possible that the code is already in there but nobody managed to qualify for an Arkenstone mode?
I also have one question: Are the Dwarf/Man/Elf modes part of the mode grid, or are they separate modes?
Edit: Nevermind, DanT clarified that part. What a first post. Thank you very much!

I wonder if these are 3 mini wizard modes?
Battle of 5 armies - was the ultimate scene in the 3rd movie
Barrel Escape - was that awesome scene down the river in the 2nd
Into the Fire - I'm guessing from the first movie? I don't remember it well. Maybe its the scene where those giants are trying to eat them?

So...if those are mini Wizard modes I am guessing that Killing Smaug is final Wizard mode?

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Why would killing smaug be the final wizard mode? It's not the overall ending of the movie. Keith is usually good at keeping the story lines in synch with the movie.

Well it was the most epic part of the movie. And probably the most recognisable asset from the movie. There is a reason he is in the centre of the playfield and on the SE side can which cost more than the regular LE.

There mini wizard mode in woz is killing the witch. I hope killing smaug is obtainable but it's not really listed in those 3 modes unless it's 'into the fire' and they have 2 modes from 1 movie. Or maybe those 3 modes are just extra special modes and mini wizard s after that? And full wizard is like woz and based off completion of a certain amount of modes? I'm just guessing..... KEITH?

Quoted from dung:

last I checked the theme is based of three TERRIBLE movies

I agree with what you say that it shouldn't be judged yet. But what the hell do the movies not being to your liking have anything to do with the how good the machine could be? If someone made a really shitty medieval madness movie would it ruin the pinball? It's a rubbish statement.

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

so everytime a ball rolls in the inlane, a "troll" pops up? :-/

Nope. Only when lit. Which seems to be about 50 percent from videos?

#417 8 years ago

One thing I've noticed is that the ball down the inlane isn't smooth. KInd of slows down and rattles around little when going around the corner to the flippers?

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

How much in oz?

Its 12k AUD including GST
Which means 10.9 ex GST (ex Tax is how US supplier advertise their price anyway.

10.9k AUD = $7869 US Dollars
so over $600 lower than RRP

Pretty sure that will just be for the first batch as they where prepayed when the dollar was better and now it has crashed.

I will help you unload them when they come Wayne if I get the first one

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

. Seems like he is expecting them fairly soon too

Haha. Soon is relative

#459 8 years ago

Doubt that very much

#461 8 years ago

1. There is no proof they have all the parts needed. If they did I am sure we would see them fully assembled.
2. They have been taking orders for 3 years. How long did it take them to catch up with woz?

Unless you can find a distributor that gets one of the first batches that has a spot you won't get one in the next 3 months.

#468 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

JJP didn't have the financial backing back then. Things have changed, for the better.

I have 1 preordered. im optimistic but realistic. Finicial backing has been there for 5 to 6 months. It comes when it comes.

I'll still check for updates every single day but I don't buy into the promises anymore

#479 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

And no interest in that bet?

The bet is flawed. Tron LE is worth more then a lot of pins but only because its rare not because it's a better game. If they made 3000 RZs then we can make a bet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 25.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-has-landed?tu=falconpunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.