image_7.jpg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_10.jpg
image_9.jpg
image_8.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Woah, I thought the day would never come.
This game has been in production for longer than I've been into pinball!

I think it took them longer to make the game than it took, Peter J to shoot the films.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only because apparently Peter Jackson had to skip things like "scripts" and "planning".

hobbit is still 10X's better than the prequels or anything in the twilight series. Are they as good as LOTR. No, but still not horrible.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Well, regarding the Hobbit I think there's a lot to be sa- ... wait, did you just say you watched the Twilight series?

actually, I only saw the first 2, they were so awful. The wife could not talk me into having to sit through more of them. She went with friends to the rest and I refuse to watch them.

#173 8 years ago

that's what i'm talking about. Feel free to PM me pics.

We are still on topic with this, correct?

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

WTF the last 2 pages about trolls, bitching and now some guys wife's tittys!
Thought this was a HOBBIT thread.....maybe not

tittys are relative to everything. Including the hobbit.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just checking in this thread as I'm busy working a day job and cleaning the building and setting up for the weekend. Pics and video ? There are tons of pics and video posted in threads of expo , etc .
There will be a guy here this weekend setting up a video capture I'm sure he will post.
It was nice getting some quiet time on it to get a better feel. Played a few games with my sons , 18 and 21. Everyone is overwhelmed and very impressed.
JJP fanboy ?!?! I'm a fanboy if all pinball and all makes. I love Stern, Gottlieb, WMS etc. they all make good games. I worked with Ford Motor Co for. 18 years with a few in the service dept as manager. It was frowned upon to speak negatively about competition, it's not professional. The customer base can do that and make their voice heard. I have opinions sure.
Based on the games I've played with Hobbit it's by far an away breathtaking. I'm a music nut and love all types of music, have all my life as well as hi-fi tech and regularly going to live shows.
The sounds and music in Hobbit are spectacular and I can confidently say NO game has come close to date of the quality of this sound package. My god it's orgasmic. The effects and stereo sound seperation are amazing. David Thiel is a genius.
Art, detail and overall presentation are so crisp and sharp.
They have addressed all the customer feedback and the lighting is bright. The light boards and way it's run is all new. No more daisy chain stuff.
Code that's in this as is now feel complete, amazing . 4 selectable skill shots !!!!!
2 ball beast mode, the mode where you get the 4 pop ups going is an adrenaline rush !
This game is a home run !!
It's going to sell lots of units.
I have to get back to cleaning for the party, I'll check in later.
I'll try to get a few pics or vid, but haven't we seen pics all over the net already and from expo 2 months ago ?

91 games in your colletion and not 1 zaccaria. For shame.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Where are these large and perfect boob pictures?

I concur....stay on topic people, geez.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It's pretty nuts right now, probably 70 people here. Game is playing beautifully and flawless.
Everyone is overwhelmed and giving good feedback and loves the game.

image_7.jpg image_8.jpg

is it because jack is there and afraid to give a full real opinion? I notice that people praise things even if they don't like it, if creators are around, and say something totally different in private. Kind of like the baby syndrome. Even if your baby is ugly as shit. People will tell you cute baby.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

I was there when Jack was not. As a former customer who has not always agreed with JJP... I can tell you clearly it was amazing. The sounds, lights, video clips. My favorite was selecting the skill shot. I tried so many time to get the lock skill shot. It is so fun.
I will write more when I have time. But to say its people being nice because Jacks around. BS. The game is sweet. Does not play at all how it played at last MGC.
Now I have to go finish eating all the words of my last opinion of Hobbit.

how about how it played at expo? Because the playfield layout did not change for me from pinburgh, to MGC to expo. Software was a lot different but the playfield was the same. I've played it extensively many times. I was just asking if true reviews were spoken. Not everything about the game is great. Software wise, it's pretty damn good. layout...meh.

I'm not saying it was a turd. There are positives and negatives to the game. Not everything about it is praise. Just curious if people only blow sunshine up jacks butt, or they really say the good with the bad? I don't sugarcoat anything. i'll tell you what I like about something, and i'll also go into massive detail on the aspects I don't like. But as a developer you really need both sides of the fence.

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Both main MBs in WoZ where progression based. Considering how crazy hard RESCUE MB is I am sure Smaug MB will be progression based.

I wonder if these are 3 mini wizard modes?
Battle of 5 armies - was the ultimate scene in the 3rd movie
Barrel Escape - was that awesome scene down the river in the 2nd
Into the Fire - I'm guessing from the first movie? I don't remember it well. Maybe its the scene where those giants are trying to eat them?
So...if those are mini Wizard modes I am guessing that Killing Smaug is final Wizard mode?

Why would killing smaug be the final wizard mode? It's not the overall ending of the movie. Keith is usually good at keeping the story lines in synch with the movie.

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from DanT:

The left VUK became increasingly unreliable and sometimes required 4-5 attempts to clear a ball.

That VUK has been flaky all the time. Even in the very early days. I don't understand why this isn't fixed yet. Should be simple and easy to figure out why the VUK has to try 3 or 4 times to launch the ball out.

Software may yet save this game. I don't know. I guess it saved LOTR. for me LOTR would be a boring ass typical fan pattern game. If it wasn't for the software, I wouldn't own one. This one, i'm not fond of the feel, or the playfield layout. Do not like the way it plays, but I do like everything about the software, from everything i've played and seen, to the new stuff that seems to be added. Time will tell if it holds up well over time. Hopefully it will hold strong even at the 5 year mark, when games really show if they are for the long haul or not.

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I'm glad for everyone involved that it looks like we're at the point of production. I sold my spot a little while ago but I know I'll end up owning The Hobbit eventually. Still don't get why people think for something to be good or great, something else has to suck.

because then the world will have found the perfect pinball machine and the quest will be over. So far TZ is about as close to perfection as we have seen in the history of pinball.

#300 8 years ago

that shadow isn't that bad of a movie. In fact, I quite enjoy it. is it the best movie in the world, no, but it's entertaining and captures the feel it should.

Same goes for waterworld. I know it's not great, but damn if I don't end up watching the whole thing every time it's on.

#302 8 years ago

the problem is, the shadow playfield is a well thought out design that really works well. Rules are in depth and go along well with the theme, music and layout. What it's based on doesn't really matter as only the backglass really shows anything of the movie. But the prices stayed low for decades because of it. With hobbit, the theme is the basis for purchase this early in the game. It hasn't had 20 years to sit around and wait for people to disregard it, or appreciate it. It's wayyyy to early in the game to say either way. I've put at least 50 games on hobbit over the past 2 years. The rules have been going to drastic changes over those years, but the playfield hasn't changed much. Personally, I don't care for the playfield layout or how it plays. the 3rd flipper is useless and always has been. The rules will be the saving grace of this game. Many in this thread seem to have new pussy syndrome going on, hardcore. Time will be the true test on how well it holds up.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Well it was the most epic part of the movie. And probably the most recognisable asset from the movie. There is a reason he is in the centre of the playfield and on the SE side can which cost more than the regular LE.
There mini wizard mode in woz is killing the witch. I hope killing smaug is obtainable but it's not really listed in those 3 modes unless it's 'into the fire' and they have 2 modes from 1 movie. Or maybe those 3 modes are just extra special modes and mini wizard s after that? And full wizard is like woz and based off completion of a certain amount of modes? I'm just guessing..... KEITH?

I agree with what you say that it shouldn't be judged yet. But what the hell do the movies not being to your liking have anything to do with the how good the machine could be? If someone made a really shitty Medieval Madness movie would it ruin the pinball? It's a rubbish statement.

that's true, but look at the ending of LOTR (which keith did). The ending is valinor. Was that the most distinguishing feature of the LOTR trilogy? Nope, but it was the ending of the movies and the ending of LOTR (so i've heard as I have never seen it). I think Keith will do a similar approach here.

#314 8 years ago

it's just talked about as the overall boat ride they take to sail off into the sunset.

#386 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I still don't see Stern pushing any major innovation. Look at WOZ/Hobbit, and how those games have changed our tastes and expectations of mainstream designers and manufacturers. I can name a few just for Hobbit that I would have never dreamed of. A user controlled kickback? Targets in the OUTLANES? I mean come on, that's awesome!!

They really are not innovative. A little different, but not innovative. Innovative means something that is revolutionary that completely changes the game. A new display does not do that. P2K was innovative. It was unlike anything that was done before. P3 is innovative. JJP just has a new display. Not much different than when DE introduced checkpoint with a DMD.

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

How about a standardized platform with the ability to roll forward with technology indefinitely insuring core parts availability for the foreseeable future?
Yeah. None of that is innovative. Have luck finding a working prism card in a few years.

that's a little premature to be boasting at this point. Lets see how well the parts are to come by 15 years after the fact. You have no idea where computers or motherboards are going to go. JJP's platform may get outdated as well. It's a little early to tell. They do have better chance of outliving, since they are not pigeon holed into one processor like the prism card did, but things could happen with no formats that could not have been predicted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-has-landed?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.