image_7.jpg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_10.jpg
image_9.jpg
image_8.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think it took them longer to make the game than it took, Peter J to shoot the films.

Only because apparently Peter Jackson had to skip things like "scripts" and "planning".

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Your phone only has 16% battery. Charge!!!

I get twitchy just seeing that.

Congrats to JJP on reaching another milestone. Hobbit looks great, can't wait to hear first real home use feedback.

And when NimblePin gets his I'll be over there to check it out!

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

So this engineering sample is like the other engineering sample that has been floating the shows over the past 12 months, but just a different one A.K.A. anther prototype??

Well I guess the question is, can anyone show where the show prototype is right now, and is it in a different location?

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Nothing to see here guy's, someone got an engineering sample.

That may be true, but the fact that JJP is willing to lend/send out an engineering sample for the dirty public to grub all over without a handler is something. Says that they're confident in their design and mechanicals.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Not a secret nor trying to blow smoke. Sub assemblies and game parts are being built in quantities and ready for playfield completion. It's publicly known this is a final sample game that is going to Ted Estes. There will be games shipping in quantity by months end.
This on the JJP forum--
Dec 1 Jersey Jack:
We are building cabinets and sub-assemblies. There is a game we built that is going to our Midwest Campus for programming. It is making a stop first at Jason's house this Sunday - I'll be there too. Once the first games go - it will be known. Thanks, Jack

image.jpg

Just saying, next time post that first, and cut off the drama.

For anyone who has been betting, it's sure looking like Hobbit is going to beat TBL.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're out of your f-ing mind. If you lived in this state, you wouldn't have even made that comment.

We found Donald Trump's secret Pinside account!

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Well TBL had 5 engineering samples at DPO a month ago. The stress test uncovered some minor issues to address. I would think JJP needs to do the same before they start shipping.

As far as I'm aware that was the first time engineering samples of TBL were played in public. At Expo they still had the old machines from the previous year, but the Hobbit was the new one. So it's quite possible they've already done that, on some level at least.

#291 8 years ago

So I admit when I heard Hobbit was going to have 30 modes I was a bit but if you can start them during multiball it makes a lot more sense. Keith's never been shy about super stacking things! It's pretty funny watching the LCD screen just go nuts though, so much going on at once that the screen can't even finish a single animation. Sure that will be polished up in the final code though.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

One thing that wasn't mentioned was the finer points of details that the book LCD were doing.
1024x768 @ 1920 resolution using a serial computer monitor cable for data. A much improved HD upgrade over the WoZ crystal ball.
The book was showing the modes info and giving player information while playing giving a player count down durring hurry ups and vital information and fantastic animations at quick glances for player perspective. As well as using the display to animate realistic breathing fire when Smaug turns his head. When the ball is in the pops area the book display shows splashes of water.

Nice, I should have paid more attention to the book LCD at Expo, I was distracted by JP's ooh shiny up on the main monitor.

The animations on Hobbit really look top notch, a real evolution from WOZ. It's incredibly busy and packed with info, and I don't know how I feel about that yet, would have to really play it at someone's house and learn what it all means. But it looks beautiful.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'll also say, the graphics on the screen in the head are incredible. One of the best things jack ever did was hire Jean Paul de Win. Jean Paul is the motion graphics artist. One hell of a nice guy and incredibly talented.

Yes! If it wasn't clear previously when I said JP I was referring to Jean Paul, and he did a hell of a job with the graphics.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

That's easy for me to say

That's because you already did a ton of work!

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

One hundred and twenty seven for Smaug alone! I know the music, fx, and dialog are going to set a new bar - but damn!

David tell them how many callouts you gave them!

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I didn't mean to infer the movies didn't make money. That has no relevance to the pin at this point (I guess fizzled was a poor choice of words). What I meant was that it was a disappointment in the eyes Lord of the Rings fans and that hurt its staying power as a theme.
Will it sell well to non pre-orders based on the theme and its quality as a game? I hope so, but wouldn't bet on it.

The movies were a letdown. But they were full of good parts, it was just horribly bloated. It's not like the effects and acting sucked.

I imagine the pin won't have a 30 minute barrel fight scene.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-has-landed?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.