Topic Stats

• 494 posts
  • 165 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 45 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
1378489957_hobbit_feet_rect.jpg
image_7.jpg
image_8.jpg
image_7.jpg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_10.jpg
image_9.jpg
image_8.jpg

There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 3 years ago

I want to voice a slightly different opinion about the stress of pre-ordering. I pre-ordered WOZ ECLE and The Hobbit. I saw Jack's presentation about his proposed WOZ pin at TPF several years ago, talked with him afterward and determined that I was in. I was eager to receive it and disappointed that the wait was so long, but am thrilled with the result. I ordered The Hobbit on day one and am waiting longer than expected again - gladly because of the transformation since the Expo reveal. Yes, I think the pre-order model of the past is all but dead.

I am not feeling any pre-order stress. Maybe because that is how I am wired, but maybe it is because I'm not in hand to hand combat with the trolls every day. I am blessed with a great life and pinball is part of it. Only part. Before I go play WOZ, I'd like to suggest that it might be worthwhile during this holiday season to remember that we are on Pinside because pinball is great fun for us. Don't forget about the fun.

#452 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I want to voice a slightly different opinion about the stress of pre-ordering. I pre-ordered WOZ ECLE and The Hobbit. I saw Jack's presentation about his proposed WOZ pin at TPF several years ago, talked with him afterward and determined that I was in. I was eager to receive it and disappointed that the wait was so long, but am thrilled with the result. I ordered The Hobbit on day one and am waiting longer than expected again - gladly because of the transformation since the Expo reveal. Yes, I think the pre-order model of the past is all but dead.
I am not feeling any pre-order stress. Maybe because that is how I am wired, but maybe it is because I'm not in hand to hand combat with the trolls every day. I am blessed with a great life and pinball is part of it. Only part. Before I go play WOZ, I'd like to suggest that it might be worthwhile during this holiday season to remember that we are on Pinside because pinball is great fun for us. Don't forget about the fun.

The above post is so well stated!

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

The above post is so well stated!

Thank you.

#454 3 years ago

Even though you & I have not seen eye to eye in the past, that post was well stated.

#455 3 years ago

We are all here becasue we like pinball.
It really does not matter what the game is and you can have fun on a $900 game or one that costs 9 grand.
(Its all good)

Playing anything and having fun is better than playing nothing at all.
I hope the new year brings happiness and good things for all good people.

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

This was a great post, but I want to point out that you've GOT to be in the minority. When JJP had my money and there were rumors of them being in financial trouble, it made me sick to my stomach to think I might have lost 8k. I feel horrible for everybody in on JPop and Skit-B. I don't know how anybody can preorder at this point and not be stressed about it. I'm still fearful for the TBL people...

#457 3 years ago

So out of curiosity...if I were to place an order today for a TH...what's anyone's guess as to when I would actually see one?

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So out of curiosity...if I were to place an order today for a TH...what's anyone's guess as to when I would actually see one?

Q1 2016

#459 3 years ago

Doubt that very much

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Doubt that very much

The games are on the line. They have the resources. Not sure why there is any doubt.

#461 3 years ago

1. There is no proof they have all the parts needed. If they did I am sure we would see them fully assembled.
2. They have been taking orders for 3 years. How long did it take them to catch up with woz?

Unless you can find a distributor that gets one of the first batches that has a spot you won't get one in the next 3 months.

#462 3 years ago

Taking a guess here. Assuming 1500 Se and LEs were sold, and you ordered one today, and you were say, number 1400 on the list, they would have to produce over about 115-120 per week, every week to deliver all of them in the first quarter. I doubt that's going to happen. The assembly line is going to have a slow ramp up. I say end of 2nd quarter, if everything works like a Swiss watch.

#463 3 years ago

With Spooky making 300 RZ's, JJP's SE and LE numbers are comical.

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

1. There is no proof they have all the parts needed. If they did I am sure we would see them fully assembled.
2. They have been taking orders for 3 years. How long did it take them to catch up with woz?
Unless you can find a distributor that gets one of the first batches that has a spot you won't get one in the next 3 months.

JJP didn't have the financial backing back then. Things have changed, for the better.

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

With Spooky making 300 RZ's, JJP's SE and LE numbers are comical.

I'm not following. Comical how?

#466 3 years ago

I agree with you Kaneda. I don't agree with the LE hype, no matter who is manufacturing pins. I'm buying the Hobbit LE only because of the invisiglass and the shaker. I almost went with RZ but when I saw what you get for $6k with RZ compared with $7500 for the hobbit, and Keith Johnson doing the code, it was an easy decision for me. I really don't care about rarity or the LE hype. Give me good gameplay and value for the money. Guys seem to be tripping all over themselves to buy RZ because they are only making 300. I'm not interested in going down that road.

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I agree with you Kaneda. I don't agree with the LE hype, no matter who is manufacturing pins. I'm buying the Hobbit LE only because of the invisiglass and the shaker.

And the beautiful armor.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

JJP didn't have the financial backing back then. Things have changed, for the better.

I have 1 preordered. im optimistic but realistic. Finicial backing has been there for 5 to 6 months. It comes when it comes.

I'll still check for updates every single day but I don't buy into the promises anymore

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I agree with you Kaneda. I don't agree with the LE hype, no matter who is manufacturing pins. I'm buying the Hobbit LE only because of the invisiglass and the shaker. I almost went with RZ but when I saw what you get for $6k with RZ compared with $7500 for the hobbit, and Keith Johnson doing the code, it was an easy decision for me. I really don't care about rarity or the LE hype. Give me good gameplay and value for the money. Guys seem to be tripping all over themselves to buy RZ because they are only making 300. I'm not interested in going down that road.

How did you know what you were getting with RZ when hobbit was $7500?

#470 3 years ago

My dealer claims he should be receiving the first units delivered to europe by the beginning of next year, but don't have an exact date. Since "beginning" is a is a very relative term, I would expect them, in all my ingenuity, by Q1 2016, prolly february, or most likely, march (I hope). But I was lucky enough to get the order of another guy who bailed out. Assuming you order today, I would say 6 months at least, prolly some more.

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Bingo. RZ looks cool but I don't see $6k worth of parts, features, design, etc in the game. Personally I think most Stern pros look more impressive and you can get one of those shipped for under $5k. For $7500 you are getting a lot of game, features, code, etc with The Hobbit.

#472 3 years ago

[error]

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

... I'm still fearful for the TBL people...

Fear not young Beelzeboob for TBL will come. Like TH, it will be late as hell, but it will be great.

And, oh yeah, the software will take another couple years to be 100% completed as it did on BOP 2.0. It will be fantastic in the end though.

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Taking a guess here. Assuming 1500 Se and LEs were sold, and you ordered one today, and you were say, number 1400 on the list, they would have to produce over about 115-120 per week, every week to deliver all of them in the first quarter. I doubt that's going to happen. The assembly line is going to have a slow ramp up. I say end of 2nd quarter, if everything works like a Swiss watch.

I'm considering ordering a Hobbit LE and I'm figuring it will be about a year before it gets delivered to me.

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

How are you enjoying your Hobbit by the way?
RZ seems to have better original artwork, far more toys, an original layout, an actual very limited number, and absolutely every bit as solid of a build as TH if it is anything like AMH to name a few advantages.
I will bet you this. In 5 years RZ will be worth significantly more than its purchase price and TH will be worth less than its. Wanna bet?

Far more toys? Where? Maybe RZ has more stationary plastic toys then TH but certainly not actual toys that interact with the ball or player. Sorry but RZ doesn't really have any interesting toys / features in my opinion to justify it's $6k price tag. RZ also just looks cheap next to TH. That's not to say RZ looks bad (it certianly doesn't) but TH is on a different level.

Hobbit

1. 11 drop targets
2. Interactive Smaug dragon toy with ball lock, light up eyes / mouth , motorized mouth synced to audio
3. 3 way subway
4. LCD book toy
5. 4 troll pop ups
6. Kickback
7. Action button
8. 2 magnets
9. Center ramp divertor

RZ

1. Mini playfield with an odd shot
2. 1 drop target
3. ? That's it

#476 3 years ago

[error]

#477 3 years ago

So if a guy ordered a Hobbit today from a distributor, what are the chances that no game will show up... ever? Maybe I'm being to conspiracy oriented here, but what if they start manufacturing them, then the company goes belly up before they get all the orders out. This is a new company, with rumors of financial issues??? Is there a good chance I'd be out 8,000? I'm new to buying these things, any input would be helpful. I ordered a Star Trek Pro and got it in about 2 weeks. I have been a little worried to pull the trigger on a Hobbit.

#478 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Far more toys? Where? Maybe RZ has more stationary plastic toys then TH but certainly not actual toys that interact with the ball or player. Sorry but RZ doesn't really have any interesting toys / features in my opinion to justify it's $6k price tag. RZ also just looks cheap next to TH. That's not to say RZ looks bad (it certianly doesn't) but TH is on a different level.
Hobbit
1. 11 drop targets
2. Interactive Smaug dragon toy with ball lock, light up eyes / mouth , motorized mouth synced to audio
3. 3 way subway
4. LCD book toy
5. 4 troll pop ups
6. Kickback
7. Action button
8. 2 magnets
9. Center ramp divertor
RZ
2. 1 drop target
3. ? That's it

The hobbit and lots of other pins have alot more than rz but you did forget a few I believe on rz.
The upper playfield with bash toy that swings.
Drop target
A robot that moves and follows the ball but I guess really dont contact the ball.
Apparently theres a up post in the back somewhere that acts as a diverter.
A living dead girl model that does some lighting effects but really dont touch the ball.

Thats really about it other than 3 wild pops , 4 slings and vuk . It also has 3 stationary toys/decor just for looks tho. It has some cool things but your right as it is vary baren compared to most pins of the 90s and after. Im sure it will play fast and brutal but could get boring very quickly due to not much going on , or it cld be fun and fast like many older pins but with a cool deep ruleset. Only time will tell but its definitely not on jersey jacks pinball level imo.

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

And no interest in that bet?

The bet is flawed. Tron LE is worth more then a lot of pins but only because its rare not because it's a better game. If they made 3000 RZs then we can make a bet.

#480 3 years ago

I buy pins for fun, not for resale value but I'm very pleased how WOZ is holding up. Hobbit should do as well if not better.

I think as far as delivery it'll be later than expected (again) but if you're interested your best bet for earliest delivery is with a dealer that has unsold slots. A JJP order now is likely to be a year away.

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

If that is really what you see then great. You are doing the right thing for you by sticking with Hobbit. Enjoy it. Those scrambling to get in on RZ and hopefully getting their hands on one of only 300 will do the same.
And no interest in that bet?

I'll take that bet. What's the bet?

#482 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hobbit
1. 11 drop targets
3. 3 way subway
4. LCD book toy
5. 4 troll pop ups
6. Kickback
7. Action button
8. 2 magnets
9. Center ramp divertor
RZ
2. 1 drop target
3. ? That's it

Panzer, don't even feed the troll. Comparing what JJP has done to Spooky is pointless. I hope RZ owners enjoy the pin. I could go on and on about how home brew it looks and today people will realize it shoots like S$%t. People forget, this is still the same Zombie layout from before that hardly anyone liked. Charlie is making this game for himself because he's tired of "fan" layouts. Well fan layouts have proven to work.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Panzer, don't even feed the troll. Comparing what JJP has done to Spooky is pointless. I hope RZ owners enjoy the pin. I could go on and on about how home brew it looks and today people will realize it shoots like S$%t. People forget, this is still the same Zombie layout from before that hardly anyone liked. Charlie is making this game for himself because he's tired of "fan" layouts. Well fan layouts have proven to work.

I'm totally in agreement with you. All he did was repurpose a pinball design that was dead on arrival. He realized that the game could not stand on its own and had to come up with something radical as Rob Zombie to sell them

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

So if a guy ordered a Hobbit today from a distributor, what are the chances that no game will show up... ever? Maybe I'm being to conspiracy oriented here, but what if they start manufacturing them, then the company goes belly up before they get all the orders out. This is a new company, with rumors of financial issues??? Is there a good chance I'd be out 8,000? I'm new to buying these things, any input would be helpful. I ordered a Star Trek Pro and got it in about 2 weeks. I have been a little worried to pull the trigger on a Hobbit.

There is no reason at all to preorder.
Why is everybody always wanting to pull triggers on uncompleted and unlimited stuff???

Pinball machines have virtually no "first one get it value", they don't go out of style or go bad. The best machines have been around for years and decades, it's a very "slow" hobby.

Wait until the machine is available in quantity, try it and if you like it, buy it. If you're itching for a new machine, get something available now and sell it when TH has proven itself and you then still really feel you need one.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

There is no reason at all to preorder.
Why is everybody always wanting to pull triggers on uncompleted and unlimited stuff???
Pinball machines have virtually no "first one get it value", they don't go out of style or go bad. The best machines have been around for years and decades, it's a very "slow" hobby.
Wait until the machine is available in quantity, try it and if you like it, buy it. If you're itching for a new machine, get something available now and sell it when TH has proven itself and you then still really feel you need one.

Or if you feel strongly that a company has the potential to be great and want to help back them by pre ordering a game. Not to mention get it for $1000 less then the final price why not. I had total confidence in Jack from day one. But that's just me.

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Or if you feel strongly that a company has the potential to be great and want to help back them by pre ordering a game. Not to mention get it for $1000 less then the final price why not. I had total confidence in Jack from day one. But that's just me.

In the case of WOZ, I had confidence in Jacks service reputation. Keith J., Chris G. and Jerry V. did the rules, sound and art on some of my favorite games. The playfield designer Joe B. was a gamble and the mech designer was not listed but the team looked good enough that I was willing to roll the dice to save $1000 and support a new company.

After the way WOZ turned out, the Hobbit wasn't as much of a risk, but the reward was only $500. However, with the way pinball prices were skyrocketing at the time, I wanted to lock in the price, anticipating it would take at least 2 years.

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

1) To save money and/or get some pre-order goodies.

2) To be sure to get a low production game (AMH, RZ for example) NIB.

#488 3 years ago

Today

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

#490 3 years ago

On the line

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

#491 3 years ago

I don't think these are going to customers. These being made are going to retail stores only to test..

#492 3 years ago

Well, they are making them so must count for something.

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Well, they are making them so must count for something.

It's a start i guess.

#494 3 years ago

59 more to go!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cranberry Township, PA
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 8,500.00
$ 11.95
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside