(Topic ID: 171478)

The Hobbit has been out for a while, how do owners feel about it?

By jgentry

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 252 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by indybru
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5186 (resized).JPG
IMG_5145 (resized).JPG
IMG_5018 (resized).JPG
pinside pica (resized).jpg
IMG_20161105_204206496 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtowndobe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

I haven't played it in a few weeks - kids' activities, work, refinishing my basement, general life stuff and all that jazz - but I love it. It just keeps getting better and better with each update and I'm stoked to download 1.9 on it. If JJP continues to support it code-wise, like they did with WOZ, more goodness is to come!

If you prefer a killer fast and furious game that punishes you, TH may not be for you. It can be floaty at times. So can LOTR for comparison purposes, especially the PotD upper playfield!! But, as Panzer noted, if you like quest based games that can take time, TH is absolutely worth a look. It is a beautiful game with a fantastic light show, incredible LCD integration, etc. etc.

It is an incredibly immersive experience and I would buy it again were I in the same position.

On a related note, my machine has been trouble free with only a few typical switch adjustments needed. I have the initial update kit which includes the beast mech inserts, the new drop target springs and the ramp post add-on. My machine came with the new ramp so no need to add the post. Haven't had to change a drop target spring yet, and I don't intend to install the beast mech inserts. I've never had a ball get stuck in the front area of a beast mech. Had some get stuck in the back, but those were quickly cleared with the built-in ball search. My ramp flaps have curled up - hard to miss it when it happens - and my ramp flap fix kit is in transit to me. JJP support has been excellent to me. YMMV

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

- And ……………………..It’s heavy as *&#%

It sure as f*ck is! Just moved it to our basement over the weekend - don't know if it will ever leave from there!!!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Thanks for your honesty. If you don't mind me asking did you take a pretty good hit on the resale price or did it hold up pretty good? Not trying to be nosey but I could see myself getting it, loving it for a few months, then tiring of the same journey over and over. Pins that tell a great story are awesome but I find they get old much quicker.

I can't answer for mummite, but if you are interested in getting TH, you have to go into it with the assumption that you will not recoup all your investment. That's my opinion.

It's easy to get NIB and will most likely be that way for quite a few more months. JJP is still producing WOZ. I wouldn't be surprised if they're still producing both WOZ and TH when Dialed In is on the main assembly line. They'll certainly be producing TH on the smaller secondary line while Dialed In occupies the main line.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtowndobe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-has-been-out-for-a-while-how-do-owners-feel-about-it?tu=dtowndobe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.