(Topic ID: 171478)

The Hobbit has been out for a while, how do owners feel about it?

By jgentry

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 252 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by indybru
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5186 (resized).JPG
IMG_5145 (resized).JPG
IMG_5018 (resized).JPG
pinside pica (resized).jpg
IMG_20161105_204206496 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgarrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 7 years ago

I have had TH 8 month, 500 games on it, maybe 100 on v1.9. Liked by rookie and pro players. I like the theme, and have LOTR LE sitting next to it and WoZ on the other side. I have 19 games now - EMs, a few SS, and DMD from 90's thru 2016. So I like fast, slow, long, short, deep stories, or super-fast jazzed up speed like Tron and ST.

My opinion is I love the game. The whole media package, and Keith's choreogrpahy make it a deep, layered story-telling of the books/movies. The LCD vids are a great feature, and I like the 3 x 3 grid (yes, I can kind of see and use all of it while playing). The game will take months/years to learn all the combos of the modes (and what you carry in to modes) plus the +1 mode add-on balls is an innovative idea that helps alot. To me, LoTR is a similar KEF choreography, and if he had more time, it would be even deeper.

Lyman makes simple, fun software for MB, AFM, MM and I like simple, straight line games too - but in a different way.

I also like WoZ. Everyone who plays it here, loves it. I and others still laugh while playing AMH - one of the best executed ideas in pinball.

Bottom line, I enjoy different designers and coders, eras, and go streaks where I only play SS for a couple weeks, or only DMD Sterns for a while, or 30 games in-a-row AMH. Family or friends like both WoZ and TH, AMH is big, MB and Sterns.

Get a Hobbit. It won't lose much / any value IMO, its a low $ risk. You can trade it / sell it for a prem GB, GoT, TWD for roughly break even and I don't think you'd sit long with a for-sale sign on it.

The big pain is getting that heavy as F&%k game in/out totally agree with all those posts!!! Escalara is best investment... ever.

1 month later
#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I have serious concerns with this game. There are some elements on the PF (upper flipper) that make no sense at all. When I see this game on location at least half the monster pop ups are broken. When the game DOES work, i see an wide open PF with 20 shots on it and the gameplay is BORING?!? How does this happen? Has Jersey Jack forgotten that this industry is driven by operators? Even as a home buyer, I would not consider buying this game.
It's just how I feel about this table.

But the topic of this thread is what do OWNERS feel about it ... so out of bounds.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

I was wondering if anyone was going to buy this new version! I wonder how the sales of it are doing.

I wondered what the appeal of the Black Arrow version is in general? The only sold out edition is Smaug. I don't understand the appeal of the Black Arrow over an LE... So I'm curious for new sales, say from Nov 1 forward, which are selling faster - the LE or the Black Arrow?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.50
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgarrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-has-been-out-for-a-while-how-do-owners-feel-about-it?tu=dgarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.