20170618_120714 (resized).jpg
20170618_120718 (resized).jpg
20170218_161501 (resized).jpg
20170218_161435 (resized).jpg
20170218_161421 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG
IMG_6540 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

I'm in as well. I'm waiting on my Smaug Gold Edition #19. Since May 5th 2014. Can't believe its been almost two years and a ton of anxiety. This should be a good place to share the good and bad experiences that we have on our machines. Hopefully more good than bad but also a great way to communicate in case we do have any Tech problems. I'm hoping to have it by years end.

1 week later
#85 8 years ago

Got a return email from Jen today and based on my Order number my Hobbit should arrive some time in May. I was informed this morning that they had 70 Machines on the test line and awaiting shipment. She stated they could start shipping within two weeks. So as I am reading the posts it seems another 10 went into testing. Good to see they are starting to move.

Getting all excited again.

#101 8 years ago

Black_Knight I ordered Smaug Gold edition # 19 direct from JJP in the first week of May, 2014. Im being told shipping will start 1-2 weeks. I was also told based on time of order that mine should ship some time in May. I hope that gives everyone an Idea on where they stand with their orders. Not sure how it is going to work with distributors but was also told it is by the order in which you ordered So with that I am assuming if you got in with a distributor that had a day one order, then you will get yours before myself even if you ordered after me. So you need to find out when your distributor placed his order to be sure.

Hope you could follow that.

2 months later
#398 8 years ago

Played the Hobbit at Automated in Connecticut. Had a blast and didn't want to leave. It was a bit floaty and had a few issues right out of the box but I really believe it was the way it was set up and like Jack said " Once it leaves and gets to its destination its your to set up however you want. " There were a few issues with the PoP ups and the ball got hung up once or twice. but the machine was just pulled out of the box and quickly set up. Even with the minor issues I couldn't get enough of the game. Had a great time exploring the machine with the new code. I noticed how when hitting certain targets the value had changed giving hints as to not hit those targets. For example when your told to hit left ramp to change the page on the book it will score at 500 points but then when your directed to hit a specific target afterwords and you hit the ramp again it would score 11 points basically telling you, YOUR DOING IT WRONG, change your target. Also got to the mode where you were not supposed to hit any drop targets and when you get through it a riddle pops up and figuring it out tells you a specific drop target to hit and all others do not count. It's definitely not easy to multi task trying to read the LCD and the display to get instructions all while following that damn silver ball. But With a high score of 260 K I got to learn a lot. I can tell you this, It's a very deep game and will only grow like WOZ. The Game is a true work of art and the sound system is outstanding. After playing this game for a few hours I can say it is getting harder and harder to wait for the arrival of my machine.

2 weeks later
#441 7 years ago

My estimate was in May. I'm wondering if that is going to push everyone's order up another month or two.

2 weeks later
#540 7 years ago

I spoke with Jen the other day since they gave me an estimated shipment date of middle of May. Was now told in July since they are still building and shipping orders from 2012. I was told that they had close to 1,000 orders before they got to mine. That tells me they are pushing 100 a week out the door. I'm getting frustrated since a friend ordered through a distributor 6 months after me and he got his machine 3 weeks ago.

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

If I'm reading your post right Pinister it looks like my 1/2014 order date delivery revision from May to June two weeks ago was again 'overly optimistic'.
Eric

Eric,

I ordered Mine 1st week of May 2014. So if it makes you feel any better you should get your before I do. How ever that could depend on delivery since I'm only 2 hrs and 15 minutes from the factory.

Mike

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Hey Mike. We'll need to get the Hobbit fix elsewhere to hold us til ours arrive.
Being relatively close to the factory, can you check out your machine before they box it up? Would be good to re-check the QC before it ships.
Eric

I would if I was personally picking it up, But with no truck and a bad back i'm going with a delivery. Either way I'm not to worried since I heard they fixed a lot of the issues and most are with bugs in the updates. I'm hearing very few issues at this point and the one's they do have are from downloading the updates in which a reinstall usually fixes the problem.

Mike

#552 7 years ago

Try NY at 8.125%

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-club-members-only?tu=pinister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.