20170618_120714 (resized).jpg
20170618_120718 (resized).jpg
20170218_161501 (resized).jpg
20170218_161435 (resized).jpg
20170218_161421 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG
IMG_6540 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

This is a Members Only Hobbit Thread you fucking clown. Go post your takes in the appropriate thread you jackass troll.

I remember when people started to diligently ignore FF (the ultimate troll) on RGP. It was strange seeing conversations going around all of FF's posts as if he didn't exist.

It might work in this case too along with alerting the Mods (something we couldn't do on RGP).

3 weeks later
#181 8 years ago

Correction, it's started. Packed up and ready to go. Day -1 order.

I posted this in the update thread.

Hobbit_275_(resized).JPGHobbit_275_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#211 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Question - not meant to sound like a troll - but what's the point of the upper flipper? From the geometry, it looks like it's 100% not necessary?

Copied from a rulesheet posted on Tilt Forums (hope that's okay).

"Super Jets

After shooting the pop bumper barrels enough times, Super Jets will start. Further jet shots will load dwarves into barrels, which can be kicked over by using the upper right flipper to hit the flashing DWARF target. Kicking over 5 dwarves is one of the two requirements to light Extra/Ball on the Left/Right VUKs."

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Yea, that kind of stinks. To me it says the LE could actually be less limited than the SE since majority of LE owners probably switched for the free value add and distributors could have purchased any number. That raided the 1500 LE which allowed them to "re-sell" up to 1500 LE which (who knows) may not have even been sold yet.
Would be nice to know is the SE was at least as limited as the LE since I have an SE on order and prefer the look of the LE but want the more limited pin.

I figured when they announced the SE with a cut-off date of 12/31 that it would be the most limited model. It was a difficult decision not to switch and if value was my highest priority I would have. By the time we had to make a decision, we didn't even have any good photos of the trim and I liked the LE cabinet art more. Since then, they changed the finish of the trim and both look great, but I still like the look of the LE art and trim better.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thanks for the pics. Just made me wonder...if that book LCD you think could hande a direct shot from a pinball..

Are you planning on adding scoops to your flippers and taking target practice?

#301 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

My biggest complaint would be the LOCK rollovers. I wish they would've used star rollover like TWD as these rollover mess with the ball too much. Hopefully when I set the pitch higher it will help with that a bit.

If they're like the ones on WOZ, you can reduce the tension on them so they don't affect the ball much. It involves bending the tensioning blade of the leaf switch back to get the desired "springiness" then adjusting the switch blade to get the desired sensitivity.

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I have the Smaug RAD-cals and they are much better looking than my WOZ ECLE cabinet was. They look like the hood of a new car without the glare.

Sound nice. Do they go under the side rails or butt up against them?

1 week later
#347 8 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I'm starting to think about buying a Hobbit. However, I don't know the differences between the versions. jJPs website has little info. I understand the art is different but can someone list the differences between the models or point me to the information and maybe pics.
I know a lot of this is in various threads but I don't want to wade through 100 pages of arguing to try to find it.
Thanks for any help.
Dave

Differences are only cosmetic, they all play the same.

Standard and LE have the same cabinet art. Smaug SE has the dragon lower cabinet art (same on both sides).

Standard has stainless steel armor, red Smaug head. Does not have invisiglass or shaker.

LE has veined dark copper armor and red Smaug head.

Smaug SE has veined bronze armor and gold accented Smaug head. Also has different attract screen.

1 week later
#410 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have a question about the windlance settings.
When it fires the ball back into play, how far should it go?
On my game it goes up the alley towards the pop bumpers, but not into them, and slides back down into play.

If you are controlling it with the ring button, you are trying to hit the "MAN" drop targets.

If the machine is controlling it, mine is about the same, not quite making it to the pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-club-members-only?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.