20170618_120714 (resized).jpg
20170618_120718 (resized).jpg
20170218_161501 (resized).jpg
20170218_161435 (resized).jpg
20170218_161421 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG
IMG_6540 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 8 years ago

I'm getting #661 Smaug. Hmmmm, how much is the playfield protector??

#54 8 years ago

I asked Jen today if Hobbits are being shipped this month. Her answer, 50/50.

#56 8 years ago

Once someone here post they got theirs I will feel better.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

The problem here is that it all depends on the order they are doing.
From what others have been told about their game numbers and production dates it would seem that they are not in order but might be done based on some other factors (large distributors first for example). As such a "50/50" on shipping ANY hobbits this month could technically be true because they maybe some large semi completed orders waiting around until their entire container order (~33 pins or so) has been completed.
So perhaps a nicer question might be "Will any hobbits be finished and boxed ready for shipping".
I'd previously seem mention of an estimate of how many a month they were doing but I can't recall the number (50?).

I'm just hoping some of us will get theirs by the end of the month. I will post on here the day i get it. I was told April-May. I would be fine with that.

#62 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Members only, I don't believe you are a member.

Now that is as good as it gets.

#99 8 years ago

We are getting close to someone getting the hobbit...

hqdefault_(resized).jpghqdefault_(resized).jpg

#103 8 years ago

I ordered my Smaug #661 from The Pinball Company. I was told by Jen about 2 weeks ago I would get mine around the end of April to beginning of May. If i get mine this year, i'm happy...

#106 8 years ago

12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#139 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Ok, I have an update. I ordered on the 15th of Dec 2012, but I went through a distributor.
I emailed Jen and she said that my distributor , like a lot of other distributors had been a day 1 order, but she didn't know when mine was in the distributors queue, but she said my distributor should have all of his, by the end of May or early June.
IT seems they are shipping many games to many distributors "spreading the love" to all. I guess it depends on how many games your distributor ordered will depend on when they get their last games. Mine was Cineplex /Playdium.

I ordered mine thru The Pinball Company" and I was told by Jen I should get mine between April/May. I ordered it in 2013. Not sure of month. I think JJP is spreading the lve like you said. He is not going to send 25 to one distributor and 5 to another at the same time. I wouldn't think.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I ordered mine thru "The Pinball Company" and I was told by Jen I should get mine between April/May. I ordered it in 2013. Not sure of month. I think JJP is spreading the love like you said. He is not going to send 25 to one distributor and 5 to another at the same time. I wouldn't think.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Played a hobbit and a game of thrones at Florida APE. I really wanted to like GOT but just couldn't get into it. Enjoyed the hobbit much more but played poorly. There is more animation and toys and action in the hobbit.

bonanza, you are the most interesting man in the world...

1 week later
#174 8 years ago

I was told today by Jen, Hobbits are shipping next week.

#191 8 years ago

CONGRATS INDEED. I'm in 22nd position w/ The Pinball Company. They are having 5 shipped them them w/in a few weeks. If JJP gets out 10-20 to the Pinball Company w/in the month or so, that would put me in around end of April or sometime in May. I'm good w/ that.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

We received one of the games that shipped on the 8th and set it up yesterday.
They are original ramps with added welds. Should be fine.
The only problem out of the box was the shooter spring couldn't get the ball into play even with a full plunge. Hope they all don't ship with this weak spring - probably the same strength as Twilight Zone shipped with.
We threw a stronger one on there and all is perfect.
Had skinny flipper rubber - like old Gottlieb style? We changed those to regular also.
Game plays flawlessly now and is just amazing. I'm supposed to get my personal one by the end of the month.
So happy to see these shipping.

So no customers are getting theirs til April.

1 week later
#217 8 years ago

Are the Smaug's numbered? I have number #661. Is this on the game?

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The LE was numbered!

image_(resized).jpeg

Is this your's?

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

The LEs are numbered but more limited (in theory) SE is not?..or is that the SE and we will know how many will be made?

Quoted from Pimp77:

The LEs have 1500, the SEs an unknown number presumably less than 1500.

Was told by Jack today that the SE's will be numbered just like the LE', right on the apron.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Interesting.. that was my question..but I also heard they would not say how many SE will be produced.. so SE #160.. or 160 of XXX where XXX changes the story and we know how limited it is.

I don't think the number has to do w/ how many SE's there were. I think from what i am told, less than 500 SE's have been sold. My number is #661 but does not mean 661 have been made.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Someone must surely have theirs by now?

Tell me about it.

#248 8 years ago

CONGRATS. Just seems like there should be more people posting based on Hobbits being shipped over 2 weeks ago. Still confused. Its like one a week.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

No confusion. These are the first machine's going into private collectors hands. The others went to operators Distributors and personal friends / affiliates.

I'm more confused now.

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I don't understand what is so confusing about TaTa's comment. Seemed pretty clear to me.

I got it. I'm just bitching.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It just says "Game #825" because that is the number I chose. Jack has not revealed how many Smaugs will be made. Mine is the first Smaug Edition made and the serial number is 08713001. The 08713 signifies that it is a Smaug Edition, while the 001 indicates that it was the first of the Smaug machines produced.

Congrats. Now, pics.

#262 8 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the pics. Looks great.

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I just picked up my Hobbit Smaug from the R&L terminal. The box was pretty beat up, but hopefully everything is good on the inside.

Dang. You waited 3 years for a beat up box.

#302 8 years ago

I heard on Monday a update to the code is happening in 2 weeks. I'm suppose to get my Hobbit by the end of April. Can't wait.

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Im starting to think MY estimated delivery of March/April isn't going to happen.

When were you told the delivery date? I was told the week of April 18th.

#320 7 years ago

Found just the right frame for TH Deed of Title:

image_(resized).jpeg

That's great. I love it.

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

Got my SE #466.

image_(resized).jpeg

Based on the Serial Number does this mean you got Smaug number 51 off the line?

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

» YouTube video

Great video. I stayed up til 12 midnight watching. Whoever cancels the hobbit for GB is foolish IMO.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Just got a note that my Smaug SE is in final testing. Looking forward to joining the club officially.

Email or call? Great news.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

My distributor just emailed me. I was his first Hobbit order, but he delayed a bit to wait for manufacturing issues to be worked through. Smart man.

Sounds good. I'm driving to JJP on April 22nd to get my SE. Can't wait.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I hate to say it, but delivery difficulties has pushed my pin back into late May or early June. No worries here, it was my choice. Darin, you'll be getting yours first. Congrats!

What happened?

#354 7 years ago

This guy gets almost 1MM in the hobbit. I hear sounds that i have never heard before.

#365 7 years ago

Look at what I will have Friday night to play. My hobbit will be landing tomorrow.

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Great news. I'm so jealous.

It's a week early.

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Are they shipping with the reinforced wire forms now on the left side or do you know?

Not sure. I can ask tomorrow when I see Jack.

#377 7 years ago

Friday April 15th at 3AM to 7PM but she's home.. WOW, what a great game. I love it..

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

3_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

4_(resized).jpg4_(resized).jpg

5_(resized).jpg5_(resized).jpg

6_(resized).jpg6_(resized).jpg

7_(resized).jpg7_(resized).jpg

8_(resized).jpg8_(resized).jpg

9_(resized).jpg9_(resized).jpg

10_(resized).jpg10_(resized).jpg

11_(resized).jpg11_(resized).jpg

14_(resized).jpg14_(resized).jpg

16_(resized).jpg16_(resized).jpg

17_(resized).jpg17_(resized).jpg

18_(resized).jpg18_(resized).jpg

19_(resized).jpg19_(resized).jpg

20_(resized).jpg20_(resized).jpg

21_(resized).jpg21_(resized).jpg

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Congrats! Your Smaug toy looks more gold than others from the pics..

I have a special Smaug Hobbit.

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Great photos. Enjoy your new game.

Thanks. Stayed up to 3 am last night. I'm tired.

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Nice pics, Skyemont. You live in a beautiful neighborhood.

Thanks statsdoc. The neighborhood is great except i need to power wash and stain my deck.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm curious about everyone's opinion on the game so far that own one. I'm really on the fence between hobbit and ghostbusters. Love my woz and would love a hobbit, but I'm not sure. Any idea how jjp is doing as far as long term stability? Anybody wish they would have waited for GB instead? Just looking for opinions of hobbit owners. Thanks, and congrats to you all on a beautiful game.

I responded to the other thread but i will add a little comment to it. The HOBBIT is FANTASTIC. I love my AFG, AFM, MB, SS, TZ, etc.. But when i played The Hobbit when i got it home this weekend, it blew me away. Just a totally diff game than Stern, Williams & Bally. But, it does play like a Williams i think. And, that's a great thing..

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

I'm to receive my LE Hobbit in late May/early June. What are the radcals? Are they the super-thick replaceable artwork option for $400?
Do they include the front of the cab. and the sides of the backbox? Should they be factory installed, or can one get a set and self- install? I'd prefer factory installation, but I'm worried if I contact Jen for said upgrade, my shipment may be further delayed. I've waited long enough!

I was able to see the rascals and touch them. They are super nice and very thick. If 400 won't hurt the wallet, do it!

#401 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

They should be an in stock item. No delay I don't believe. Call Jen to verify but in my eyes they are worth it.

They are in stock. I saw them sitting in the factory.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are RADcals for smaugs only? Or LE too? What exactly are they again, just higher quality decals?

Both SE and LE.

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have any of the new owners changed the actual flippers yet? Being such a beautiful and polished looking game, the regular yellow flippers look out of place. Wondering what people have tried and how it looks.

The only thing I'm doing this weekend to mine is

* Mirror blades
* Bag End - adding a model house at the pop bumpers

#412 7 years ago

Best score I can do so far.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Where did you purchase the mirror blades for TH? From PDI?

I'm installing them once I find them. There was a guy at a bar on FB that has them on his. I'm waiting for him to tell me.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Pinballsidemirrors.com told me to just order the WOZ mirrors and they will fit TH! Mine are waiting in the basement!!!

Thanks you..

1 week later
#430 7 years ago

New high score. Also, played GB last night. It's nothing compared to The Hobbit.

.IMG_20160429_205449_(resized).jpg.IMG_20160429_205449_(resized).jpg

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Was March/April.

Why such a delay? Did Jen tell you the reason??

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I played hobbit at Allentown and hated it. I'm hoping it can be tweaked as it felt horribly slow. I ended up feeling bored while playing. I really hope the games at the show where not set up right.

All 4 at the show are not set up correctly. The pitch needs to be 7. The flipper power needs to be set at 24 to 25. I think Joe has them at 22. Make these changes and the game plays fast and i love it.

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Why in the world would Joe not set them up correctly? This has to have a negative impact on JJP's sales. If a game is displayed and plays horrible, does anyone think this can help sales? It's almost better to not have a game.
Was Rob Zombie dialed in? It played fast, but something felt off?
One of the Ghostbusters had a gate issue as well. The Ghostbusters HEMI had was the best playing game at the show.

Great question. Not sure why????? Even WOZ was set with weak flipper power. I set my hobbit power up and it plays great. If I had not played the hobbit or WOZ and tried them at the show, I would not buy them based on that experience. GB was fun but it's not for me.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Out of the box I had similar feelings, I didnt understand the game, I didnt know what I was doing, game felt off.
Skyemont has it right, the games were setup factory, but not fun! I have also found out with a lot of testing, and making assessments after each adjustment and then numerous plays.
The pitch makes a huge amount of difference in this game, not only in regard to the speed of play, but in the over-all feel.
7 degrees, flippers at 25 is fast and furious, ramps are easily made from clean or cradled shots, Not slow or boring at all, but you might get a lot of air balls if the flippers are set too high. Balls can fly off the wireforms. Flipper fatigue is a lessor issue on long games.
6.5 degrees or less flippers at 22 can be super smooth but a little bit floaty on missed shots. Ramps are hard to make even if the PF is freshly waxed, very few air balls, game behaves but seems docile, doesnt have a crisp rewarding feel. Flippers at 22 can feel fatigued on long games. Ball speeds can be too slow to register the ring save without nudging.
My game is currently set at slightly less than 7 (6.85 degrees?) flippers at 25. Game plays aggressive, balls stay on the wireforms, less air balls during multi-ball, ramps can be made from either flipper from a cradled position. flipper fatigue is felt less on longer games, game feels crisp and rewarding.
A huge part of the game is managing the ramps. You have to be able to make them consistently to select or reject the modes, from either flipper.
One of the things that makes pinball fun is the ability to fire the ball fast if needed, flipper settings are key to this.

Your setup is exactly like mine. Plays fantastic.

#479 7 years ago

I listened the video and the guy said they are now running 1.10 and one of the new modes was Feast Frenzy... Is this new?

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

After experiencing more modes, I'm now convinced you need to be able to hit either ramp with each flipper.
At 6.5 pitch and factory settings, it is extremely hard to backhand a ramp. There just isn't enough time to post pass during timed modes.
Time to dial up the flipper strength!

7 pitch and 25 strength you can hit the ramps with ease. I asked the programming team about 1.10 code and they said it was still being tested. I told them Texas Pinball Streaming was playing with 1.10 and he was confused how, it's not released.

#486 7 years ago

Not that I am aware of. The 1.10 code does has Feast Frenzy multiball which is new with new sounds. Watch the Twich Stream above.

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

WOW! Congrats!
Nice to see they spelled "Smaug" correctly!
And I se that you have a cool number sticker on the box instead of the regular stamping.
(I had to wait a week to unbox my WOZ...It was all I could think about for a week

Just like you spelled see correctly..

#495 7 years ago

When I download the patch from JJP site onto the thumb drive, is the slot to install the thumb drive in the same location as WOZ?

#498 7 years ago

Just tried update and it isn't working for me. It says it is starting and then reverts to "coin door open" screen. Checking version confirms it is still 1.01, not 1.10

That sucks. Call Frank at JJP.

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Ohh an mine arrived! Yeah baby.
Playing perfectly right out of the box. Leveled it and go!

Did u adjust the pitch and flipper power?

#510 7 years ago

I just installed 1.10 and man i tell you, Keith sure does know how to program. I f...... love it.

#520 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

What pitch does everyone have their hobbit set to? Mine is set to 7.2/7.3 and it plays like a cocaine hopped up cheetah with a bottle rocket up its ass. It's so blazingly fast yet I haven't had any problems with wireform drops or anything like that?

I find for me the best set up is 7 degrees pitch and 25 flipper power. Plays great, fast and now issues.

#522 7 years ago

My Hobbit is lonely. I can't put it on the same wall as the others.

20160514_190838_(resized).jpg20160514_190838_(resized).jpg

20160514_191046_(resized).jpg20160514_191046_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-club-members-only?tu=Skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.