20170618_120714 (resized).jpg
20170618_120718 (resized).jpg
20170218_161501 (resized).jpg
20170218_161435 (resized).jpg
20170218_161421 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG
IMG_6540 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drenden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I remember when people started to diligently ignore FF (the ultimate troll) on RGP. It was strange seeing conversations going around all of FF's posts as if he didn't exist.
It might work in this case too along with alerting the Mods (something we couldn't do on RGP).

The mods have been notified and mod specific threads have been created. They made their decision about him remaining. The atmosphere with him around has gotten so toxic that I won't even let my son read pinside anymore. He grew up on pinball but I can't have him (he's 10) read drunken diatribes from this fool. Eventually they will note their mistake and rectify it. Until then let's count the downvotes he receives. May set some kind of record?

I just preordered a hobbit after playing it this past weekend. Wow. It's fantastic.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

The questions raised in your post need to be asked in a moderator feedback thread.
Please do not let one poster affect your ability to enjoy the release of JJP's The Hobbit.
If anyone in this thread would like to have a discussion like the post above, please do so in a moderator feedback thread.
So, please, keep posts in this thread on topic moving forward.
Thanks.
Marcus

[removed criticism of the moderator feedback option]

Now back on topic, the game plays very fast for a wide body. Once I think it's pitched properly and the flippers tuned to the persons liking the game will be very unforgiving.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yes, yes, almost no one actually HAS their Hobbit yet, but the intent was perfectly clear.
I'm a JJP critic, but would never think of bringing THAT discussion here- especially when there are, what, 3-4 other threads for it?
Kaneda has trolled every TH thread (and even some others) with the same crap over and over... he was kicked then (inexplicably) allowed to return- you'd think he would be on his best behavior- at least for a few days. Nope... I think he was just kicked yesterday or the day before from yet another TH thread.
When is enough, enough?
He's got his podcast to max out his narciccistic needs, why allow him another forum for it here?

If this post could be up voted a dozen times I would. Spot on.

1 week later
#158 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Are they shipping with spare ramps?

Reported troll post.

2 months later
#502 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Just tried update and it isn't working for me. It says it is starting and then reverts to "coin door open" screen. Checking version confirms it is still 1.01, not 1.10

Worked for me? Just make sure hobbit_update is the only folder on the usb stick and its not inside some other folder like

zipfilename/hobbit_update

#503 7 years ago

Ohh an mine arrived! Yeah baby.

Playing perfectly right out of the box. Leveled it and go!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Did u adjust the pitch and flipper power?

My flippers seem strong as hell right out of the box. I'm at 7.3 (high i know but i love a fast game).

The game is ridiculously fast for a wide body. REALLY enjoying it.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from May:

Drenden, watch your order date?

One of the first few orders but I had mine held for a bit because i didn't have room for it.

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

Do we know if this update is for both SEs and LEs? I would assume so but I want my dragon splash screen to stick around

I think it's one version that supports all games. I don't think they make different releases for each type of game.

#518 7 years ago

What pitch does everyone have their hobbit set to? Mine is set to 7.2/7.3 and it plays like a cocaine hopped up cheetah with a bottle rocket up its ass. It's so blazingly fast yet I haven't had any problems with wireform drops or anything like that?

#525 7 years ago

Dead center of playfield. For me right under the lock rollovers.

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Why would you have to pay sales tax if you purchased from a distributor and you arrange to pick it up at the factory (essentially you are handling the shipping yourself)? Or perhaps your order is direct with JJP?

Regardless who you order from, you pay the shipping or you pay the tax of NJ if you pick it up at the factory. That's how all states and products work.

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

I am curious to know what Jack's reaction was to the game's reset since this appears to be a concern of current owners.

It's software based. I'm sure Keith will fix it.

8 months later
#740 7 years ago

If anyone is interested, I'm selling my Hobbit LE that has only 33 plays on it (half of which are factory testing), with the upgrade kit, inside side art, etc.

It is factory fresh. I literally played it 10-12 times and thats it. I have no time to play and its a waste sitting there.

$7300 out the door if anyone wants it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drenden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-club-members-only?tu=Drenden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.