20170618_120714 (resized).jpg
20170618_120718 (resized).jpg
20170218_161501 (resized).jpg
20170218_161435 (resized).jpg
20170218_161421 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG
IMG_6540 (resized).JPG
There are 806 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

They should be an in stock item. No delay I don't believe. Call Jen to verify but in my eyes they are worth it.

They are in stock. I saw them sitting in the factory.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are RADcals for smaugs only? Or LE too? What exactly are they again, just higher quality decals?

Both SE and LE.

#402 8 years ago

Have any of the new owners changed the actual flippers yet? Being such a beautiful and polished looking game, the regular yellow flippers look out of place. Wondering what people have tried and how it looks.

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have any of the new owners changed the actual flippers yet? Being such a beautiful and polished looking game, the regular yellow flippers look out of place. Wondering what people have tried and how it looks.

The only thing I'm doing this weekend to mine is

* Mirror blades
* Bag End - adding a model house at the pop bumpers

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'd love to see how this works out. This would add to the shot.

#405 8 years ago

Hi All !

Just got my SE on Monday afternoon serial ending in 073. Smaug is still spelled smuag on the box stamp.

First off I want to thank Jack and Team at JJP for an amazing and beautiful game, there is really nothing like the look, quality and feel of these games.

The box was crushed and "popped" at the top, looks like someone strapped it too tightly near the top and it broke the packing tape.
I was a bit worried about water damage due to it shipped all the way to Reno during the rain and snow last week in the Midwest.
The driver from R&L was wonderfully helpful and patient, he suggested I inspect everything while he waited, so I did.

The open box let a lot of dust inside but otherwise no damage at all, the packaging was superb.

Moving it to my game room seemed heavier that the WOZ!
Setup was easy, I set the angle to 7°, leveled left to right with a torpedo level, checked for anything loose or bent, excellent quality over-all.

Game booted right up everything except the spider pop-up worked perfectly under the tests.
The spider was rubbing on the left side of the wooden hole. It looks like it is not centered in the hole properly, but there is only about a 1/16th" of space to play with. I'm going to have to remove it and elongate the bracket holes a tiny bit to get it to center properly. Running a drill bit through and side cutting the holes slightly is a simple fix for this.

I have seen this exact problem on a couple of the videos, (spider wont pop up).

The USB cable end connector fit very loosely on my USB stick, and would not register it for a back-up of the settings (my WOZ fits tightly) I did not have a spare handy so I pulled the cable from my WOZ, did the back-up and installed version 1.01 code. (I'm sure I have a suitable cable laying around for a replacement later).

The flippers were a little weak on factory settings, I couldn't get up the right ramp easily with the right flipper. I set them up higher by 4.
This was way too hard and the ball moved so fast it would fly off the wireforms. I lowered the settings by 2 and it seems perfect, I could probably lower it by 1 more.

I played 10 games and once the ball trough failed to deliver a ball so I increased its strength by 1 only. I also increased the right VUK by 1 only.

I also increased the upper left sling by 2 ( I think this one is just a matter of taste).

Gameplay:

Let me say that the comments on being slow or floaty do not apply to this game at all.
My game is fast and crisp playing and FUN!

The pop-up monsters are amazing and FUN! The game is easy for the novice and deeply challenging for the experts!

To compare it to the WOZ is just impossible, they are 2 different and distinct accomplishments from JJP.

Again, this game is a winner hands down and will be a permanent fixture on my collection for years to come.

20160418_150239_(resized).jpg20160418_150239_(resized).jpg

20160418_150254_(resized).jpg20160418_150254_(resized).jpg

20160418_150346_(resized).jpg20160418_150346_(resized).jpg

20160418_150226_(resized).jpg20160418_150226_(resized).jpg

20160418_150527_(resized).jpg20160418_150527_(resized).jpg

#406 8 years ago

I sure hope that JJP gets on the fix for the popups rubbing against the playfield. That comment is showing up too often.

#407 8 years ago

Hi LTG or Pinchroma
Any idea where i can hook my polk sub up to on Hobbit?
On WOZ i was able to use the Aux Port on the back on my Pin
Hobbit does not have an aux Jack in back

Any help would be great!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I sure hope that JJP gets on the fix for the popups rubbing against the playfield. That comment is showing up too often.

I don't think its a huge problem per se, Its just that there is very little room for error. If I had 1/64th" more space it would be fine.
Maybe they could put 2 layers of masking tape on the sides of the holes during assembly to insure a little more clearance and then remove it before the next step.

#409 8 years ago

I have a question about the windlance settings.
When it fires the ball back into play, how far should it go?
On my game it goes up the alley towards the pop bumpers, but not into them, and slides back down into play.

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have a question about the windlance settings.
When it fires the ball back into play, how far should it go?
On my game it goes up the alley towards the pop bumpers, but not into them, and slides back down into play.

If you are controlling it with the ring button, you are trying to hit the "MAN" drop targets.

If the machine is controlling it, mine is about the same, not quite making it to the pops.

#411 8 years ago

Thanks, I guess mine is working perfectly then

#412 7 years ago

Best score I can do so far.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The only thing I'm doing this weekend to mine is
* Mirror blades

Where did you purchase the mirror blades for TH? From PDI?

#414 7 years ago

Got my LE #450 yesterday from Automated. Looks awesome and played great right out of the box. Ordered it about two and a half weeks ago. Didn't have the opportunity to upgrade to radicals

#415 7 years ago

Well.... Pin U jsut pissed everyone off. Got mine 2 days ago. Works perfect too. Gm is a trip. Very very different than say a twd or got or Woz. It's an immersing style of gm. It already has a lot going on and I think as the code advances there will be More with each mode. I'm really liking it. Glad I bought. But I can see how it may not be for everyone.
Some only want the adrenaline rush style.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Where did you purchase the mirror blades for TH? From PDI?

I'm installing them once I find them. There was a guy at a bar on FB that has them on his. I'm waiting for him to tell me.

#417 7 years ago

Hi Skyemont. Any issues at all with the game? Wondering if they changed the left wire form as well to solve the ball falling off issues. How about a review of the game? Not sure when mine is coming but I'm hoping everything gets worked out before mine ships.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Hi LTG or Pinchroma
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg</blockq

Hi LTG or Pinchroma
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

I, too, need to hook up my sub (NHT) to the hobbit. There must be some body that can help. Maybe Lorenzo at [email protected] can assist?

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm installing them once I find them. There was a guy at a bar on FB that has them on his. I'm waiting for him to tell me.

Pinballsidemirrors.com told me to just order the WOZ mirrors and they will fit TH! Mine are waiting in the basement!!!

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Pinballsidemirrors.com told me to just order the WOZ mirrors and they will fit TH! Mine are waiting in the basement!!!

Thanks you..

#421 7 years ago

Has anybody hooked up a subwoofer to TH? If so, how?

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Has anybody hooked up a subwoofer to TH? If so, how?

I wouldn't mind knowing if it can be done.

#423 7 years ago

It can be done and it sounds awesome. Speaker wire and alligator clips. I do the same thing on my Stern pins.

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

It can be done and it sounds awesome. Speaker wire and alligator clips. I do the same thing on my Stern pins.

What do you do? Tap into the positive and negative terminals of the cabinet subwoofer.

#425 7 years ago

I'm just finding out the jack in the back was eliminated... I'll have Mark formulate a response on what to do and not to do for hooking up a sub.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'm just finding out the jack in the back was eliminated... I'll have Mark formulate a response on what to do and not to do for hooking up a sub.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

Lorenzo,
Thanks for your immediate response and attention!

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

What do you do? Tap into the positive and negative terminals of the cabinet subwoofer.

Exactly. Each terminal on the subject is clearly marked with a + or -. I use alligator clips and clamp down each speaker wire end, then I run the wire through the back of the cabinet. No soldering required.

#428 7 years ago

On WOZ, there was a 3.5mm port (J5) for the rear jack - does the Hobbit motherboard have this port?

WOZ_Port_(resized).jpgWOZ_Port_(resized).jpg

#429 7 years ago

Hi Guys.

We were working on a kit for WOZ a while back. I posted the install manual on our web.
http://www.pinnovators.com/manuals/WOZ_SUB_CABLE_Installation_Manual_Ver1p1.pdf
I tapped the sub speaker because it gets muted when the system speakers are muted.
You can pick up the adapters at Monoprice or ebay.
Can anyone tell me if the Aux Out plate is still in the back of the machine?
I used a Monoprice 7241 RCA to 3.5mm adapter. You can run a 3.5MM cable from that to your sub with another adapter to convert it back to RCA depending on what your sub takes for an input.
One side of the speaker is grounded but to avoid any interference with the game electronics, you may want to use an audio isolation transformer.
Feel free to ask questions.
Thanks,
Mark

#430 7 years ago

New high score. Also, played GB last night. It's nothing compared to The Hobbit.

.IMG_20160429_205449_(resized).jpg.IMG_20160429_205449_(resized).jpg

#431 7 years ago

Ugh. My hobbit is supposedly 4 weeks out. Definitely looking forward to it.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from MarkA:

Can anyone tell me if the Aux Out plate is still in the back of the machine?

Hole with a flat plate on the inside covering it.

LTG : )

DSC00023_(resized).JPGDSC00023_(resized).JPG

DSC00024_(resized).JPGDSC00024_(resized).JPG

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Ugh. My hobbit is supposedly 4 weeks out. Definitely looking forward to it.

I think I am in the same boat with you Darin, but hopefully they have worked through some initial production issues.

#434 7 years ago

Interesting ball hang.
The ball was fired onto the wireform via the dwarf drop when it reset, bounced off the glass and stayed put like perfect Tee shot to the green!
My game pitch is between 6.5 and 7 degrees. A higher pitch wont stop this one as its in the gully of the wireform unless its at 12-15 degrees.

I had the pitch steeper and the flippers ramped up but the ball would not stay on the wireforms consistantly during high inertia modes.

I think I'm getting this baby dialed in almost perfectly for me right now. My last good score was 864,000, mostly by completing the modes.

20160430_000400_(resized).jpg20160430_000400_(resized).jpg

#435 7 years ago

Man, I'm really liking this game and I didn't think I would. I got it because there was a great opportunity and always wanted to own a JJP. Also, I was going to keep playing it for quite a while even if I felt forced to keep the game. However, I don't, it's really fun!

I just feel relaxed every single time I play it and in a good way. For some odd reason, it reminds me of the older games where I could hit shots and not freaking stress out. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of drains and misses down the middle. That being said, it's just really intriguing with the current code. Maybe this is just JJP since I did not own WOZ.

I got 4 ball multi-ball and that was pretty normal. Until I started hitting so many pop up trolls that the LED colors started changing. Say WHAT????? LOL Simply bad ass.

Either way, I am having a lot of fun with the game.

#436 7 years ago

Had an update in delivery of my SE. It's now expected in June.

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Had an update in delivery of my SE. It's now expected in June.

What was the date before?

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

What was the date before?

Was March/April.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Was March/April.

Why such a delay? Did Jen tell you the reason??

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why suck a delay? Did Jen tell you the reason??

My guess it that the first estimate was wrong? I am not that bothered. Not as if I don't have other pins to play.

#441 7 years ago

My estimate was in May. I'm wondering if that is going to push everyone's order up another month or two.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

My estimate was in May. I'm wondering if that is going to push everyone's order up another month or two.

Mine might be different as its a 240v machine? Who knows.

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinister:

Email and find out?

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Hi LTG or Pinchroma

Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks,
Lorenzo

#445 7 years ago

Any thoughts about flipper button protectors for TH?

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

These?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1870

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Make your own with.... Cling Vinyl.

http://www.amazon.com/Grafix-9-Inch---12-Inch-Cling-6-Pack/dp/B002J6CO9I/ref=sr_1_1

No adhesive residue on your game if you take them off.

#448 7 years ago

My game also had a May estimate that was pushed to June. Reason given was that games started shipping later than expected.

Order date 1/24/2014.

Eric

#449 7 years ago

In the recent Stern pinball machines, there is 5v/12v lead in the lower right cabinet near the shooter rod allowing installation of Pinballlife's 8-way 5v/12v splitter board used for mod additions. Is there something comparable in TH?

#450 7 years ago

Looks like JJP have addressed the ramp and pop up issues. Good news indeed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 806 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-club-members-only/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.