Topic Stats

• 791 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by CLEllison
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 128 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170803_195832 (resized).jpg
20170618_120624 (resized).jpg
20170618_120714 (resized).jpg
20170618_120718 (resized).jpg
20170218_161501 (resized).jpg
20170218_161435 (resized).jpg
20170218_161421 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG
IMG_6540 (resized).JPG
IMG_3581 (resized).JPG
hobbit_lbw (resized).jpg
IMG_1225 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 791 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm more confused now.

I don't understand what is so confusing about TaTa's comment. Seemed pretty clear to me.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I don't understand what is so confusing about TaTa's comment. Seemed pretty clear to me.

I got it. I'm just bitching.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Someone must surely have theirs by now?

I'm sure you would have seen that the first aussie one has shown up

No idea on when AU/NZ customer ones will arrive.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Smaug has landed!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Congratulations!! How many Smaugs SE will be made? What does the # plate Read? Thanks.

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Congratulations!! How many Smaugs SE will be made? What does the # plate Read? Thanks.

It just says "Game #825" because that is the number I chose. Jack has not revealed how many Smaugs will be made. Mine is the first Smaug Edition made and the serial number is 08713001. The 08713 signifies that it is a Smaug Edition, while the 001 indicates that it was the first of the Smaug machines produced.

#256 3 years ago

It just says "Game #825" because that is the number I chose. Jack has not revealed how many Smaugs will be made. Mine is the first Smaug Edition made and the serial number is 08713001. The 08713 signifies that it is a Smaug Edition, while the 001 indicates that it was the first of the Smaug machines produced.

Congrats. Now, pics.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Congrats. Now, pics.

OK, here you go!

IMG_0425_(resized).JPG

IMG_0427_(resized).JPG

IMG_0428_(resized).JPG

IMG_0429_(resized).JPG

IMG_0433_(resized).JPG

#258 3 years ago

A few more:

IMG_0434_(resized).JPG

IMG_0435_(resized).JPG

IMG_0436_(resized).JPG

IMG_0437_(resized).JPG

#259 3 years ago

And the last few:

IMG_0439_(resized).JPG

IMG_0442_(resized).JPG

IMG_0444_(resized).JPG

#260 3 years ago

Very nice!!

#261 3 years ago

The pics of the RAD-cals don't do them justice - they are VERY impressive!

#262 3 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the pics. Looks great.

#263 3 years ago

Thanks for the pics. Just made me wonder...if that book LCD you think could hande a direct shot from a pinball..

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thanks for the pics. Just made me wonder...if that book LCD you think could hande a direct shot from a pinball..

Are you planning on adding scoops to your flippers and taking target practice?

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thanks for the pics. Just made me wonder...if that LCD you think could hande a direct shot from a picture ball..

The book is pretty far back from the upper flipper and there are wireforms in the way, so I don't see it as being an issue.

#266 3 years ago

I'm glad you posted the pictures. I was looking at my game yesterday and was wondering why they faced one of the dwarfs in the barrel sideways so you don't see his face. I thought it was put on wrong, but see yours is the same way.

#267 3 years ago

And the last few:

IMG_0439_(resized).JPGIMG_0442_(resized).JPGIMG_0444_(resized).JPGIMG_0445_(resized).JPG

Wow looks amazing!!! Enjoy!!

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Are you planning on adding scoops to your flippers and taking target practice?

No but balls end up everywhere in multiball, and with those pop ups I would imagine they could act like catapults...

#269 3 years ago

For those of you that have your game. What version of software is on it? I'm curious how far along it is. I know they have a lot planned just not sure what is in it currently. Seems like what is out there is still pretty early?

#270 3 years ago

It is v 00.81 and it boots up much faster than WOZ.

#271 3 years ago

OK so looks like some fairly early software then. Thanks!

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

OK so looks like some fairly early software then. Thanks!

The numbers are arbitrary. Jjp team could have put the number anywhere. Would it make a difference? If the next (minor) update changes the code to version 1.02 will that make a difference? I have never understood the notion of version number to the playability of a game. My lotr is version 10.0, but does that mean it is more "complete" than my tspp at version 5.0, or my woz at version 6.06?

Does v1.00 signify some magical barrier in pinball lore? I understand that normally anything less than v1.00 usually means beta, but there is nothing normal about what the jjp software team has done with the hobbit. There are already at least 2 different multiballs, 4 skill shots, 31 modes, a ballsave mode, and the integration of the 2 different lcd screens. This is above and beyond some other games with version. 1.00+ software in them.

If anyone is concerned with how deep this will get I would suggest looking at some of the other games Keith has been a part of (woz, tspp, lotr, wpt).

This post is not in response to anyone particular poster, but I have seen this comment on "early code" brought up in a couple different threads.

#273 3 years ago

I think the frustration is with the time the Hobbit has been in the works one would think the software would be more developed but I think it is... it is just being held up by license issues as were stated previously with voicework and since the game was not actually shipping there was no need to push out updates without them until now.

So we will likely see a nice code drop in short order - more than the incremental updates we are used to seeing.

#274 3 years ago

Let's hope this is true!

#275 3 years ago

What type of mirror blades work in TH? Same as WOZ?

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I think the frustration is with the time the Hobbit has been in the works one would think the software would be more developed but I think it is... it is just being held up by license issues as were stated previously with voicework and since the game was not actually shipping there was no need to push out updates without them until now.
So we will likely see a nice code drop in short order - more than the incremental updates we are used to seeing.

If the code version at release was 2.13 for example everyone would be saying how far it is compared to other pins. The versioning is arbitrary at this point and started at .01.

#277 3 years ago

I'm not too worried about the code. Whatever it is now it will just get better. Just like WOZ did.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

What type of mirror blades work in TH? Same as WOZ?

Yep that is what pinballsidemirrors.com told me!

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If the code version at release was 2.13 for example everyone would be saying how far it is compared to other pins. The versioning is arbitrary at this point and started at .01.

I was going by the comments made by those that have had a lot of time on it, not by the revision number. Is it true what I was guessing about the next release with approved call outs being a major jump?

#280 3 years ago

The book is pretty far back from the upper flipper and there are wireforms in the way, so I don't see it as being an issue.

Was there a large ferrite core vga connector between your small screen and the back of the playfield?

#281 3 years ago

Just had a pleasant conversation with Frank, technical support at JJP..
I've experienced the ball hang up issue on the left habitrail getting lodged and not being able to shake off..
Known issue at factory and that part is being redesigned/manufactured as we speak.. sounds like will have dual sided
rails to keep from spilling off to side...

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I've experienced the ball hang up issue on the left habitrail getting lodged and not being able to shake off..
Known issue at factory and that part is being redesigned/manufactured as we speak.. sounds like will have dual sided

Thanks for the info! Hopefully that part is sent out to all buyers.

#283 3 years ago

Beautiful game. Enjoy it in your lineup!

#284 3 years ago

Really excited for the new owners of The Hobbit. I had to choose between WOZ and Hobbit and am quite happy with my decision, but I know that I'll probably be eyeballing a Hobbit one day! Excited to see more pictures and videos of people playing.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

This is great to hear. Guess I will probably have to wait a little longer to get my Hobbit because of this, but it will be worth it.

#286 3 years ago

I just picked up my Hobbit Smaug from the R&L terminal. The box was pretty beat up, but hopefully everything is good on the inside.

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I just picked up my Hobbit Smaug from the R&L terminal. The box was pretty beat up, but hopefully everything is good on the inside.

Dang. You waited 3 years for a beat up box.

#288 3 years ago

OH BOY!!

#289 3 years ago

Dang I hate that! I hope it's just the box that got banged up.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Was there a large ferrite core vga connector between your small screen and the back of the playfield?

Yes, there is. It is hidden from the player's view by the screen itself.

#291 3 years ago

Got My LE today, box was damaged, thank god that was it.
Had switch problem at the coin door -frank at jjp and I fix that. game plays like a champ.
now it goes out on the route. Oh Boy
b

#292 3 years ago

I just installed the Pinnovators external volume controls. It took 10 minutes to install and works perfectly. It is nice to be able to adjust the volume without opening up the coin door and interrupting play. Highly recommended mod.

#293 3 years ago

I just installed the Pinnovators external volume controls. It took 10 minutes to install and works perfectly. It is nice to be able to adjust the volume without opening up the coin door and interrupting play. Highly recommended mod.

Is it volume control and headset Jack or just one or the other?

#294 3 years ago

I thought jjp games came with headset connection?

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought jjp games came with headset connection?

They do...with LE/SE at least. He added the external master volume controls, not the headphone connection.

#296 3 years ago

Ah ok cool. Headset connector is $100 and I need it for all my games cause of my open game room to living room. Good to hear as I take that, invisiglass, shaker, etc.... All into account when budgeting these high dollar toys

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ah ok cool. Headset connector is $100 and I need it for all my games cause of my open game room to living room. Good to hear as I take that, invisiglass, shaker, etc.... All into account when budgeting these high dollar toys

The solenoid aren't too loud but the sound of the game is? If you want it even quieter, get the pf protector add-on. Those really quiet a game down.

#298 3 years ago

Correct. The headphone jack and headphone volume controls are standard. This is the master volume control.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The solenoid aren't too loud but the sound of the game is? If you want it even quieter, get the pf protector add-on. Those really quiet a game down.

Coils don't bother the fam when they're watching tv. I can turn the external volume down If I desire, bUT like to blast it so I use the headset when I'm playing pinball and family is watching tv.

#300 3 years ago

I got my Hobbit set up and thankfully nothing appears to be damaged. At least nothing that I've been able to find so far.

I'm not going to write up a bit long review like some do, I'll just say that so far I'm impressed with the pin and we're having a lot of fun with it. I haven't had a chance to properly level and pitch the game yet, but so far there is no issue with flipper power. It does play a bit floaty, but I'm going to up the pitch tomorrow when I get it set in its proper spot. The code obviously needs quite a bit of work, but there seems to be a great foundation already in place. I'm enjoying the modes where you need to chase specific drop targets and the mini DMD is very helpful in explaining what to do. Smaug multiball is way too easy to start, hopefully there's a setting to make it harder. The ball times are a lot longer than what we're used to in our house, but I think that's part of the reason why we're enjoying it so much. All of my previous pins were such fast ball times that I know the wife and kid would walk away frustrated.

My biggest complaint would be the LOCK rollovers. I wish they would've used star rollover like TWD as these rollover mess with the ball too much. Hopefully when I set the pitch higher it will help with that a bit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 88.00
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Machine - For Sale
Pensacola, FL
Sale Pending!
Evansville, IN
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 11.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 27.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 791 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside