20170618_120714 (resized).jpg
20170618_120718 (resized).jpg
20170218_161501 (resized).jpg
20170218_161435 (resized).jpg
20170218_161421 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG
IMG_6540 (resized).JPG

There are 806 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I was told that if you pick up in person you will have to pay 3.5% sales tax. That will probably cost me more than if I have it shipped!

Well it's better than paying the NJ 7% sales tax if shipped within NJ.

#552 7 years ago

Try NY at 8.125%

#553 7 years ago

Just got email from my distributor and my hobbit is shipping out on June 1st!

#554 7 years ago

Nice! Congrats. The game is truly amazing and I don't think we've seen anything yet in terms of just how great it will be with software updates.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

Just got email from my distributor and my hobbit is shipping out on June 1st!

Great news. One step closer to getting an email myself.

#556 7 years ago

Good evening. This may already be posted but with the latest code do the two upper magnets beneath the ramps do anything? Just got my Hobbit and I don't think I saw those active once.

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Good evening. This may already be posted but with the latest code do the two upper magnets beneath the ramps do anything? Just got my Hobbit and I don't think I saw those active once.

Probably coming more with code, but I've seen the upper left one work when completing the "Thief in the Night" mode. Gives a nice pause to enjoy a movie by dropping it in the subway. I've not seen the upper right one work yet so probably not in code yet.

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Probably coming more with code, but I've seen the upper left one work when completing the "Thief in the Night" mode. Gives a nice pause to enjoy a movie by dropping it in the subway. I've not seen the upper right one work yet so probably not in code yet.

Thanks.

Also my Smaug ball lock only catches the ball about half the time. Is it supposed to catch it every time? Is there a way to adjust that?

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I was told that if you pick up in person you will have to pay 3.5% sales tax. That will probably cost me more than if I have it shipped!

Why would you have to pay sales tax if you purchased from a distributor and you arrange to pick it up at the factory (essentially you are handling the shipping yourself)? Or perhaps your order is direct with JJP?

#560 7 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Thanks.
Also my Smaug ball lock only catches the ball about half the time. Is it supposed to catch it every time? Is there a way to adjust that?

Did you update to the current 1.10 code?

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Why would you have to pay sales tax if you purchased from a distributor and you arrange to pick it up at the factory (essentially you are handling the shipping yourself)? Or perhaps your order is direct with JJP?

I ordered direct from JJP.

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Regardless who you order from, you pay the shipping or you pay the tax of NJ if you pick it up at the factory. That's how all states and products work.

#563 7 years ago

Just got home from a Hobbit launch party with Jersey Jack in attendance. Both our LE an Smaug performed perfectly for the whole 5 hour open house except for the LE resetting once during a game.
Had a good little chat with Jack. He said they are getting 10 done a day currently. I didn't press him on next game but he did say announcement in the fall FWIW.
Had a game setup for $1/play - 1 ball per game and a monster put up 2.6 million points to take the top prize of cash and a translite and a T shirt. How he did it I do not know, but can confirm the glass was on.

#564 7 years ago

Just watching a video.

In the first mode, flashback. The ball ejects at 3 different places that it's not meant to go. So he cannot finish the mode. Is this a common issue, what is the success rate for people that own the pin? Is it to do with ball deviating off edges, or just poor consistancy with coil strength?

#565 7 years ago

Anyone know if any Hobbits are on routes and how well they are earning?

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Just got home from a Hobbit launch party with Jersey Jack in attendance. Both our LE an Smaug performed perfectly for the whole 5 hour open house except for the LE resetting once during a game.
Had a good little chat with Jack. He said they are getting 10 done a day currently. I didn't press him on next game but he did say announcement in the fall FWIW.
Had a game setup for $1/play - 1 ball per game and a monster put up 2.6 million points to take the top prize of cash and a translite and a T shirt. How he did it I do not know, but can confirm the glass was on.

I am curious to know what Jack's reaction was to the game's reset since this appears to be a concern of current owners.

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

I am curious to know what Jack's reaction was to the game's reset since this appears to be a concern of current owners.

It's software based. I'm sure Keith will fix it.

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Did you update to the current 1.10 code?

Yep. Machine reset a few times yesterday as well

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Yep. Machine reset a few times yesterday as well

Im not having resets, but my pops are not set at the defaults either. Each one is different, they seem more random this way. I turned the top one down as it was sending SDTM too often.
I wonder if its a power distribution issue, since power is controlled via software to the coils.

#570 7 years ago

Went to the Hobbit Launch Party in Columbia MO yesterday and had a blast! Hobbit was a big hit. The new code is awesome and the game will only continue to get better with future updates.

My best score in the one ball tourney was around 2.0 million, which won me a translite! After playing the two extra balls I earned, it ended up at 2.6 million. Smaug mb yields huge scores especially when stacked with 2x scoring after 15 captive ball hits.

image1-2_(resized).JPGimage1-2_(resized).JPG

image2_(resized).JPGimage2_(resized).JPG

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

Went to the Hobbit Launch Party in Columbia MO yesterday and had a blast! Hobbit was a big hit. The new code is awesome and the game will only continue to get better with future updates.
My best score in the one ball tourney was around 2.0 million, which won me a translite! After playing the two extra balls I earned, it ended up at 2.6 million. Smaug mb yields huge scores especially when stacked with 2x scoring after 15 captive ball hits.

Great score.

#572 7 years ago

Surely someone else must have theirs by now?

#573 7 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

my 1/2014 order date delivery revision from May to June two weeks ago was again 'overly optimistic'

Feedback from Jen today....now delivery is "sometime in late July"

The wait continues

Eric

#574 7 years ago

Eric,

That's to bad I was hoping to come over sooner.

LOL.

p.s we don't know each other.

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Surely someone else must have theirs by now?

I would check the other Hobbit owners thread. Myself and others have been posting about getting their games.

#576 7 years ago

The ones going to Aussie for Wayne were supposed to have shipped already. Now it is June, no specific date.

1 week later
#577 7 years ago

Anyone nearby 60202 have their TH set up and would be kind enough to let me check it out? I'm on the bubble and considering cancelling (again) if I don't like the game play.

Thanks,

Eric

#578 7 years ago

Here's a pic of the scratch...make sure to bend down that tab that holds the ring light ... or else...

scratch_(resized).JPGscratch_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#579 7 years ago

Well my Hobbit was supposed to be shipped in June. No email from Jen yet. We will see. Fingers crossed.

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Here's a pic of the scratch...make sure to bend down that tab that holds the ring light ... or else...

What's with the screw on the right? Is it normal that it is sticking out like that?

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from WakiMiko:

What's with the screw on the right? Is it normal that it is sticking out like that?

That adjusts the tightness of the latchdown bar. All Williams have these screws.

3 weeks later
#582 7 years ago

Just got an email from Jen. My Hobbit will be in production soon and will be ready to ship late August/ early September.

#583 7 years ago

Here is a question for you current owners: Besides the known left wireform issue and the troll pop-up fix, how has the ownership experience been? It sounds like the game is going to be great as code continues to be developed. I'm simply curious about the frustrating parts of pin ownership. I've had at least one person suggest I sell my pin and maybe not even have it shipped to me because of the issues people are having.

In your opinions, is it worth having the pin shipped now or if you had to do it over again would you wait for more kinks to be worked out? I do have a lot of emotional investment in this pin as I ordered very early on and have been paid in full for a little while now. I'm really excited about seeing SE#151 in my room but also a little nervous. Shipping quote is happening today and my pin will be ready to ship out any moment so all thoughts are very appreciated.

Thanks for the input.

Darin

#584 7 years ago

The game is fine. No need to wait

#585 7 years ago

Same here. My games build date is towards the end of April and I've only had to bend upwards the far left wireform a bit to prevent the ball from popping out as it travels to towards the kickback. Even without the troll fix I've only had a ball get stuck 2 time under a troll mech and each time the games software got the ball unstuck. The game is incredible and the code support has been stellar.

#586 7 years ago

Current builds are getting new wire form so that's not an issue. Also, I haven't had any issues with pop ups. I'd get your hobbit as soon as it's ready. This is simply an blast to play. Can't wait for next code update.

#587 7 years ago

Thank you for these most recent updates. Mine ships today and sadly I've never been this worried (and therefore less excited) about a new pinball in my small collection. I love the theme, I love my WOZLE, and I love pinball, so hopefully his becomes another jewel in our collection that the entire family will love.

#588 7 years ago

I was the same way on the fence, but after getting it set up properly and adjusted, it has become my families favorite game in the house. No worries, just get ready to explore the game.

#589 7 years ago

Cscmpt!! Don't even worry man ! Game is just fine. Like any machine there are tweaks to get to your liking! Enjoy the whole buying process it's not everyday u get a machine!

#590 7 years ago

The game is amazing, the issues are blown way out of proportion. It is a masterpiece.

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

. No worries, just get ready to explore the game.

I think "exploring" the game is very accurate. The game is an adventure, it's a battle, it has slow fun modes balanced by furious and exciting action modes.
Its all I play now and cant get enough!

Next code update will blow this game thru the roof.

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Looking at the "curl" of metal holding the LED. On my game (an earlier build) The curl is hammered flat on the top so as not to scratch the glass I think. they must have missed a step in production on that one. I hope you got a new glass in the mail.

#593 7 years ago

I have a question:

My lock bar is kinda loose compared to all my other games.
I adjusted the brass screws but there is not enough adjustment to tighten the lock bar without messing up the inner lock handle function.

What has been done for this very minor annoyance?
I saw that one fix to put rubber feet on the cabinet to take up the slack.

Any other solutions?

#594 7 years ago

Is anyone else having an issue where if the game is left on for an extended period of time the video displays lock up?

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Yeah, that bracket isn't bent right. The LED should be pointed up. It's missing another bend I believe.

#596 7 years ago

I've been told that I will get a new glass. Hopefully they aren't pulling my leg.

#597 7 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

Is anyone else having an issue where if the game is left on for an extended period of time the video displays lock up?

No

Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have a question:
My lock bar is kinda loose compared to all my other games.
I adjusted the brass screws but there is not enough adjustment to tighten the lock bar without messing up the inner lock handle function.
What has been done for this very minor annoyance?
I saw that one fix to put rubber feet on the cabinet to take up the slack.
Any other solutions?

The two adjustment screws will pull the bar down as you've noticed. This is just how the Bally / Williams style lockdown bars work. You find a middle area where the bar is tight and the lever can move. If the lever can't lock then one or the other is too tight. If the lever barely moves but the lockdown bar is still loose then one of the two screws is tight and the other is too loose. It's just adjustment.

1 week later
#598 7 years ago

My TH SE is supposed to be here tomorrow!!! Can't wait

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

My TH SE is supposed to be here tomorrow!!! Can't wait

Thats great. Take some photos for the rest of us still waiting.

#600 7 years ago

Received my SE today and I didn't know if anybody else posted but the fix for the pop ups was already installed on mine!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 806 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-club-members-only/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.