By pauloz

1 year ago

Stats

• Started 1 year ago
  • 750 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 weeks ago by pinballinreno

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

20170218_161501 (resized).jpg
20170218_161435 (resized).jpg
20170218_161421 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1377 (resized).JPG
IMG_6540 (resized).JPG
IMG_3581 (resized).JPG
hobbit_lbw (resized).jpg
IMG_1225 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 750 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
#1 1 year ago

With The Hobbit starting to ship, I thought it would be a great idea to start a Hobbit Owners Club where we can share our thoughts on the game.

I have had the game on order since 6th March 2013 and it looks like my Smaug LE should be shipping in March/April.

I played the game at Expo in Chicago in October last year and was really impressed with the entire package.

Can we please keep the JJP bashing out of this thread. If you have a problem with this, keep it to yourself, we don't want to hear it.

#2 1 year ago

I'm down....waiting patiently for my Smaug LE since mid 2014 and hoping it's amazing!

#3 1 year ago

I don't think I have ever looked forward to getting a new pinball machine more.

#4 1 year ago

I'm in Paul! I checked with Jen today and she said it should be April to ship. I'm hoping June at my place by the time the boat gets to Melbourne and Wayne forwards it to me. Bug Jack and maybe he can sneak yours in early for pincade!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from clg:

I'm in Paul! I checked with Jen today and she said it should be April to ship. I'm hoping June at my place by the time the boat gets to Melbourne and Wayne forwards it to me. Bug Jack and maybe he can sneak yours in early for pincade!

Never thought of that. Will have a go.

#6 1 year ago

Mods: In case they don't choose to listen to Paul's request can you please be proactive and aggressive about cracking down on the haters. They have plenty of other threads they can bash away on.

#7 1 year ago

I'm in as well. I'm waiting on my Smaug Gold Edition #19. Since May 5th 2014. Can't believe its been almost two years and a ton of anxiety. This should be a good place to share the good and bad experiences that we have on our machines. Hopefully more good than bad but also a great way to communicate in case we do have any Tech problems. I'm hoping to have it by years end.

#8 1 year ago

Been in since mid 2014! Can't wait to get this game, gonna be epic

#9 1 year ago

Been in since day 1. The wait is almost over. We got the Smaug se as well. Also got an additional red dragon head in case I like that look better.

#10 1 year ago

How much are the extra heads?

#11 1 year ago

This was part of email from my distributer.

2. Do you want to purchase a spare / different colored Smaug playfield head ? $ 200 each. Your game will be made with the Smaug head color representative to your game model - LE red / Smaug red with gold trim. If you want the opportunity to swap them out buy a spare, you can.

#12 1 year ago

I'm in as well. From Mr Pinball. Tax invoice is 854, but so is game number.

#13 1 year ago

I'm in. I bought 15 days from day 1, so it could be a bit before I receive it. This could be my last NIB so I'm going to relish every moment. In one word..."pumped". I hope a few un boxing pictures make it here, and the moderators keep the hate out.

#14 1 year ago

Advised today from Jen at JJP Our Distributor sample game will be shipped in 2 weeks

#15 1 year ago

Bought in Fall 2014 - Smaug Edition. The wait is almost over! I expect the play on this machine to be beyond immersive!

#16 1 year ago

Day 1 order and according to Jen I am number 3.

Looking really forward to playing!

#17 1 year ago

April is going to be a busy month for a lot of us it seems! I was told that is my window as well, played a little at IAAPA and talked with Jack, hopefully we will know of #3 soon!

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Advised today from Jen at JJP Our Distributor sample game will be shipped in 2 weeks

How many games are going to Aussie?

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from clg:

Sent an email to see if we can get one here for Pincade. Will let you know what they say.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from clg:

Mods: In case they don't choose to listen to Paul's request can you please be proactive and aggressive about cracking down on the haters. They have plenty of other threads they can bash away on.

Not a chance of getting it here in time for Pincade. Was worth asking though.

#21 1 year ago

Jen did say that there are some being made now so we wil see some games ship this month.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Not a chance of getting it here in time for Pincade. Was worth asking though.

Shame but at least I won't have to play yours and then suffer while waiting for mine to arrive.

They will get them out when they get them out and I have do doubt it will be worth the wait.

#23 1 year ago

In since Oct 2014.

#24 1 year ago

In on LE, since December 2015 :p (Mine should be around June)

#25 1 year ago

Really hope they start shipping in volume soon so we can get some home reviews.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Can we please keep the JJP bashing out of this thread. If you have a problem with this, keep it to yourself, we don't want to hear it.

Quoted from clg:

+1.

Been in since Jan. '14. Can't say the excitement is still there, but the anxiety is still there.

#27 1 year ago

double post

#28 1 year ago

I ordered on the morning of Day One. Jen gave me the happy news that my Smaug Gold #825 is currently on the assembly line and that it is playfield #40. After all this time, I am only about a month away! I'm having a hard time thinking about anything else.

#29 1 year ago

I'm anxiously awaiting a chance to play the finished product because I'm running out of room. Need to be extra careful.

Waiting for real world home reviews.

image_(resized).jpeg

#30 1 year ago

I'm in for SE #153 (I think that is right...it was my original LE number I don't think it changed). Also happy to be on the first page of what is going to be a VERY long thread. I've been told mine will ship in April. Here's to hoping that is accurate!

#31 1 year ago

I'm in since June 14.

#32 1 year ago

I've been in since April 13, SE #232 - waiting ...

#33 1 year ago

SE #4... guessing it'll arrive mid April

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I ordered on the morning of Day One. Jen gave me the happy news that my Smaug Gold #825 is currently on the assembly line and that it is playfield #40. After all this time, I am only about a month away! I'm having a hard time thinking about anything else.

Looking forward to some unboxing photos.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Looking forward to some unboxing photos.

Guaranteed!

#36 1 year ago

I also ordered the morning of day one. However I did not hear from Jen, so I called her. Well I'm in the first 100 games. Sooooo, there must have been a lot of people ordering as soon as it was announced. Don't have a clue when to expect actual availability.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I also ordered the morning of day one. However I did not hear from Jen, so I called her. Well I'm in the first 100 games. Sooooo, there must have been a lot of people ordering as soon as it was announced. Don't have a clue when to expect actual availability.

When was day 1?

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from pauloz:

When was day 1?

Believe it was 11/26/12

#39 1 year ago

Hi Vyzer, I have playfield #40 on the line and it sounds like you have 99 or lower. I would guess that would put us at no more than a week apart and probably closer than that. It's happening soon!

#40 1 year ago

Anyone else have one in the first run? I was told there were 25 games on the assembly line.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Anyone else have one in the first run? I was told there were 25 games on the assembly line.

I think that number is now up to 60.

#42 1 year ago

I think that number is now up to 60.

60 is good.

#43 1 year ago

I really looking forward to this game. I played one (briefly) at IAAPA, (finished someone else's ball 2 and 3). I struggled between The Hobbit and WOZ, ended up working a little harder for a couple months so I could order both.

In for a Smaug, bought from a distributor's Day 1 order in December '15. It may be awhile before my number comes up but it'll be worth the wait. When mine does come in, we'll have a Hobbit receiving party here for any Gulf Coast folks that are around. Stream some gameplay, etc.

Anyone else already bought a mod for The Hobbit? I ordered this shooter last week:

s-l1600_(resized).jpg:

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from visi0n:

I really looking forward to this game. I played one (briefly) at IAAPA, (finished someone else's ball 2 and 3). I struggled between The Hobbit and WOZ, ended up working a little harder for a couple months so I could order both.
In for an Smaug, bought from a distributor's Day 1 order in December '15. It may be awhile before my number comes up but it'll be worth the wait. When mine does come in, we'll have a Hobbit receiving party here for any Gulf Coast folks that are around. Stream some gameplay, etc.
Anyone else already bought a mod for The Hobbit? I ordered this shooter last week:
s-l1600_(resized).jpg:

I have one of those shooter rods on my LOTR. It looks great. Will wait until I get TH before I get any extras. Still trying to decide if it's worth getting the upgraded decals.

#45 1 year ago

I am going to get the play field protector. Waffling on decals

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Same here. Finally decided that the replaceable decals weren't worth the cost but the protector was.

If regular decals are conservatively $200 and these others are $400 would there be a $600 value in them? I didn't feel that there really was.

#47 1 year ago

Anyone know if one will be at the Louisville Arcade Expo?

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

Anyone know if one will be at the Louisville Arcade Expo?

I think they've confirmed there will be one in the LAX thread.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Did some research and think I will get a playfield protector as well.

#50 1 year ago

I'm getting #661 Smaug. Hmmmm, how much is the playfield protector??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.50
Sale Pending!
Allentown, PA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Decals
Flip N Out Pinball
There are 750 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.