book-9.jpg
book-8.jpg
book-7.jpg
book-3.png
book-5.jpg
book-6.jpg
book-4.jpg
book-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

The book toy and the coloring of the 3 targets look out of place. I thought for sure we were going to be seeing an LCD type toy in this area. Personally I thought it was going to be Bag End and the door would open to reveal the LCD behind it. Sadly that doesn't appear to be the case I was expecting more from JJP in this area.

Here's kinda what I thought the Bag End toy would look like.

bag end.jpgbag end.jpg

#10 9 years ago

If the rumored LCD toy is not coming I rather see 3 or 4 more drop targets in that area with just a stationary Bag End model above it. At least the drops would do something gameplay wise and a Bag End model toy would look much better then the book.

I understand that the area can be modded but for the price of the game it should be more impressive / interactive out of the box.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didn't think much at first becasue your picture has no scale. I just saw Skypilot's picture though, and this thing looks freaking horrendus...it's massive.

303826-i.jpg 55 KB

Ugh. At this point I wish they would replace the 3 stand up targets below it with 3 or 4 drop targets or at the very least replace the book with a model of Bag End. The book looks out of place and odd in this game.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

The book really blocks those cool looking pop bumpers, too. Seriously, they could screw ANYTHING else to that area and it'd be better.

Agree. I thought the barrel models would have been up higher. Even if the book was replaced by a Bag End mode the barrels could have been placed higher with a spacer or just by making the barrels longer.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Those big VUK casings should be replaced with wireform.

Agree. Wireform VUK's would look much better in this game.

Here's one from LOTR

vuk_LOTR.jpgvuk_LOTR.jpg

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

It looks to me that they built this one with a calculator. Not so with WOZ. Bummer!!

Sadly I feel the same way. Jack mentioned something last night about not building a game with a calculator and how the WOZ team took that literally and then something was said about TH. It was something along those lines but it sounded like build of materials cost was more important this time.

#56 9 years ago

I'm thinking that the book has to be a placeholder at this point. That's my hope at least.

Below is picture of some of the games playfield plastics that Jack released months ago. We can see the bag end plastic towards the left side of the picture. The plastic in the picture appears to look slightly different then the one in the game at expo.

plastic.JPGplastic.JPG

Also, the latest CAD drawing of the playfield says "Bag End" in that area. If JJP was intending to use this area as a spot for a book wouldn't they have just referenced it as "Book" and not "Band End"?

bag end area.JPGbag end area.JPG

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I wish those up kicker tubes were wireforms. They block the view, too.

Agree. In the whitewood that was the case.

wireform vuk.jpgwireform vuk.jpg

#74 9 years ago

I'm thinking the ideas about the book toy area as a 5" display representing a book is something we may very well see in the game. That seems to go well with the inserts below the Bag End area as well as the wood look on the playfield plastic near it that may represent Bilbo's desk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-book-toy?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.