book-9.jpg
book-8.jpg
book-7.jpg
book-3.png
book-5.jpg
book-6.jpg
book-4.jpg
book-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm reading and I'm trying really hard to bite my tongue. Honestly .. who knows, maybe the book really is a placeholder and there will be an lcd or something else?
I actually like the book though! A nice little nod to Tolkien. I just think the book should be smaller and placed in a much less prominent place.

Mark this on your calendar: I agreed with CraZ4Pin on something.

#50 9 years ago

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more the book doesn't make sense at all. I really think it's a placeholder. Looks like two pieces of paper were thrown on top of a model and screwed to thin plywood. It's totally prototype-looking. I still think we may be in for an LCD there, like others have said.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

And mark down this date as a few post by panzer did not mention toys and did not make me puke a little bit in my mouth.
Seriously why is the book half open yet supposed to be page 1, nobody noticed this yet?

It's a placeholder. I'd bet any amount. No way Jack's letting the machine into production with a book (that has two pieces of paper glued to it, btw...did anybody notice that?) screwed to a thin piece of stained plywood.

No way, no how, as the Wizard of Oz would say.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If nothing changes I would be out - but I don't think that is the case. There will be more, but will it be enough?

I'd be out, too, but I'm in for the long haul. Of course, if I hate it I'll just sell it to CraZ4Pin since I know he secretly wants one but is too cheap to buy NIB.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Where are the subways in that pic?

Good catch. There aren't any.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

The brochure only mentions a "player-controllable orbit subway". Whatever the heck that is (a new definition of a "subway"?) I think in early designs they did show a couple of subways (one leading from the Smaug area in particular) but it appears those were not able to be fit into the final game.

Maybe the "orbit subway" surrounds the area beneath Smaug like in the original schematics, and the tail diverter (talked about many times) lets the player control the direction the ball gets off. ???

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from seeker939:

The black plastic. It connects the loop and the two VUKs.

Even BETTER catch!

#116 9 years ago

I know they changed the design of the lighting schematics, but what I'm happy about is all the teeny tiny light boards, with the exception of the main one in the middle of the PF. So if one burns out, it's not like a whole huge board with 10 lights goes out as well.

#145 9 years ago

Not trying to stir up the TBL shit pot here, because I really think it's a beautiful machine. But can somebody explain to me how the book toy differs from the white Russian drink in TBL. Both non-functioning toys (as far as I know), but DP gets a pass and JJP gets whalloped. And you can say the book looks like ass and out of place, and I can agree with that. But it's still just *there* like the drink is.

#163 9 years ago

Exactly. That's why it's not staying there.

#167 9 years ago

Jack just confirmed on the JJP forum that the book is a placeholder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-book-toy?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.