(Topic ID: 165815)

The Hobbit 1.3 is out!! - Link inside - *** 1.31 now out - Fixes reset.

By Drenden

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by eliottk
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Hobbit1.31_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160807_230512_(resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

I'm thinking this:

1 Place contents of hobbit_update onto thumb drive.

2 With game off, insert thumb drive

3 Power game on

That sound ok?

Secondary question: my thumb drive came with some files on it. Do those need to be deleted so there's nothing but hobbit files on there?

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

How do I update this darn game. Only founds instructions for full install in manual.

Please go here - http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/

On pull down menu pick Programming/Software - then pick Delta Update.

What I do on a PC - PNY USB stick formatted to Fat 32 nothing else on it ( don't use san disc ) download update and put it on my desktop, it appears as a zipped file. Left click it once, then right click and menu comes up, I pick extract to and go to computer - USB stick and extract all.

When done go to the game with it turned on, open coin door and plug USB stick into the USB cable by the cash box. Go to Utilities - Hit USB Update, hit enter. Screens says updating then may go black. Wait patiently, when all done the game reboots - pull out the USB stick, close coin door and you are good to go.

LTG : )

#53 3 years ago

I think keith needs to include update instructions in the readme for the update, as this question comes up 20 times every update

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go here - http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com:8081/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/FaqActions/
On pull down menu pick Programming/Software - then pick Delta Update.
What I do on a PC - PNY USB stick formatted to Fat 32 nothing else on it ( don't use san disc ) download update and put it on my desktop, it appears as a zipped file. Left click it once, then right click and menu comes up, I pick extract to and go to computer - USB stick and extract all.
When done go to the game with it turned on, open coin door and plug USB stick into the USB cable by the cash box. Go to Utilities - Hit USB Update, hit enter. Screens says updating then may go black. Wait patiently, when all done the game reboots - pull out the USB stick, close coin door and you are good to go.

Update successful thank you.

#55 3 years ago

Hi all

I have updated to 1.31

So far 3 lockups and 4 reboots in about 15 games

Thoughts?

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from larryfl1:

Hi all
I have updated to 1.31
Thoughts?

Doesn't sound like it's software. Haven't heard anyone else complaining.

#57 3 years ago

it is completely unplayable now..every time within 30 seconds of launching the first ball it either locks or freezes...

#58 3 years ago

Go back to 1.30

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Go back to 1.30

I would stay install fresh then upgrade again. It sounds like a hardware problem. Someone once suggested reseating the memory on the board.

#60 3 years ago

just updated to 1.31 - was in the middle of a huge multiball and started a mode (not sure which - i was so busy keeping the balls in the air didn't see which - anyway my screen suddenly went blank in the middle of it - no reset - otherwise was playing fine - had to rebott to get the screen back - anyone else seen this?

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from larryfl1:

it is completely unplayable now..every time within 30 seconds of launching the first ball it either locks or freezes...

It sounds definitely software related. I had a similar problem when I had 1.30 and updated to 1.31.

I talked to JJP Support, and everything got resolved. I had to do a new full install (re-formatting my usb thumb drive. Downloading the the last full software code, then get 3.1 update.)

The instructions are on the website, but it's a bit more complicated to reformat than doing a delta update.

When you do the full install, the usb stick must be inserted first with the game off, then turn it on and the install will begin automatically.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from larryfl1:

Hi all
I have updated to 1.31
Thoughts?

Make sure your RAM cards are snapped in well

#63 3 years ago

Had a similar issue. Reseated the RAM cards and no problem since

#64 3 years ago

Currently I get a black screen. No boot with or without USB drive

So it's dead. Thoughts??

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from larryfl1:

Currently I get a black screen. No boot with or without USB drive
So it's dead. Thoughts??

My thought would be to call JJP. They'll work with you over the phone.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from larryfl1:

So it's dead. Thoughts??

Try reloading the full install per the instructions in the rear of the manual, and if that works then load the delta update the right way.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try reloading the full install per the instructions in the rear of the manual, and if that works then load the delta update the right way.

I had suggested a full install in post 61.

I assumed he tried it.

1 month later
#68 3 years ago
Quoted from rtgran:

just updated to 1.31 - was in the middle of a huge multiball and started a mode (not sure which - i was so busy keeping the balls in the air didn't see which - anyway my screen suddenly went blank in the middle of it - no reset - otherwise was playing fine - had to rebott to get the screen back - anyone else seen this?

Hi,

I had this issue yesterday also. Both screens went black and I had to reboot the pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside