FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tok.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

BTW, I read someone earlier talking about 'tuned' Hellcat's. I was under the impression that the ECM had yet to be mapped as it was encrypted by dodge. We had a healthy debate on the Turbobuick forums with the Hellcat guys and this was the one downfall (at that time). Is that true?

I can only apply what I know from newer Jeeps here... Chrysler still uses a Speed Density sensor to measure/manage intake air. Ford and GM have used Mass Airflow sensors since the late 80's. In very basic terms, what it means is that you can throw a supercharger on a Ford or GM and the engine will adjust to the new equipment to the best of its ability (still may need to upgrade fuel injectors or something to extend its operating range).

The Speed Density sensor Chrysler uses is like a hardcoded map that won't really adapt to changes, so if you add a supercharger to a normally aspirated Chrysler you also need to upload a new hardcoded "map" to allow it to use the equipment. Even when this is done, they often do flakey things. One of the problems with the Pentastar Wranglers is that the automatic transmissions are somehow screwed up and either won't downshift or will hold a gear till 4000rpm. There are a few companies making supercharger kits, including biggies like Ripp and Magnuson. They're using tunes from places like Diablo that have been doing it forever and still haven't really figured it out.

The Hellcat is already supercharged and has a wide-open intake. I'm only guessing that what guys are doing to make them faster is changing blower pulleys and adding larger injectors. <?>

Sorry, didn't intend for that to be so blabby. I really wanted to supercharge my Wrangler but just like Stern games, feel its better to wait until the code is worked out.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

talk about missing the point entirely. how's the warranty on that custom built ITR? please stop whining about how you took a cat to a dog show and didn't like how it placed. they are different animals.

What the hell is an ITR? Is this one of those things like a guy calling an Nissan Sentra an X30rr because its the corporate engine code or some goofy shit?

Never mind, I googled it... An Income Tax Return is a cool thing. An Integra, well, thats a fine car for my daughter.

1 week later
#353 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I did some research on this car previously (it's a 4 door with a big motor so it appealed to me as being a bit more practical than one of my typical 2 seaters). Bottom line: way too expensive for what it is. Too many better options for the money in my opinion.

Totally this... I looked at one as well. It was for the wife, so wanted something new that I didn't have to worry about her and my kid getting stranded in. The one we liked was nudging 50 grand. Definitely one of those "buy it with 25k miles on it for 20 grand" kinda cars.

#521 8 years ago

They're both ugly as a monkeys ass, but in that pic the Subaru is better looking of the two. I looked at a yellow colored Focus ST(?) it looked better in person than it photographed.

#538 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So you aren't a fan of the rally look?

I am, but these don't really have it anymore. They used to have a functional ugliness, like stuff was bolted on for necessity instead of appearance. That is something that really appeals to me, but they're all slick and appear to be wearing costumes of that now.

Does that make sense?

#702 8 years ago

Steve Richies Ass... Don't you keep up with the abbreviations?

#710 8 years ago

I don't consider a solid rear axle a bad thing, in fact I insist my all my sports vehicles have 2 of them. Nothing is more boring than pavement. If the vehicle can't go over the woods, it damn sure better be able to go through them!

jeep_piper.jpgjeep_piper.jpg

#744 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That's the problem , you will very rarely see these out in the wild, unless it's at a car show. Mainly a museum piece, a valuable museum peice, but still... It would be nerveracking to drive and forget about taking it on a cross country road trip. I ran into two original Challenger owners in my recent road trip and they are both selling their cars and buying New Challengers, because they just can't use them like they want too.

Like the Hellcat, there was a time these were "just cars" as well. My buddy has pics of a family vacation in his dads 69 428 Cobra Jet Torino. It was a daily driver until the early 80's. If Dodge said they were done with Hellcats after a year or two, they'd be coveted in 30-40 years. There are already cars I remember as new that are reaching this status, like the Buick GNX and 20th anniversary turbo Trans Am.

It feels like Dodge may dilute this by cramming the engine into everything that'll hold it. Challenger and Charger now, Grand Cherokee next year, and it seems like next logical step is to put it in a pickup... They did exactly that in the past with the SRT 10.

#826 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Possibly. There have been rumors that the next "RX" iteration would be a hybrid, with only a supplemental rotary. Hopefully we hear something at the 2015 Japan autoshow, as is suggested we might in the article.

Thats probably the only way it'd work in a current car... In addition to using a lot of fuel for their displacement, the real killer is keeping the apex seals lubricated while making them meet current emissions.

The VW Diesel trick would have worked great, but I don't think anyones going to pull that for a while!

#896 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't care what the Mustang has for motorvation, it looks,like a chick car to me, which is appropriate cause I mostly see women driving them.
With the new eurotrash styling, it's even more ladylike lol.

Really? I think its good they're finally taking a break from the retro shit. A little bit of it is OK but when every car in this class looks like its 60's ancestor over-inflated by 100 PSI, it starts getting old.

Hopefully the lighter Camaro is fast, because the re-design is pretty underwhelming. The car is all-new, and unless you see them side-by-side it looks like they barely changed anything.

1 week later
#952 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You guys want to see the bullshit NY state is teaching new drivers?
Straight out of their drivers Ed course pdf. I do racing instruction and I have a comp license so I have to test out this stupidity as part of license re-cert.
Good god. image.jpeg

I'm guessing (hoping) this bullshit was written before cell phones. I almost want to make my kid start in a manual because it forces you to focus on driving, not drinking coffee, texting and looking at yourself in the visor mirror!

2 weeks later
#1055 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They did the same with the Ford GT, dealers were able to charge $100k more or something crazy like that.
I think it's better to make enough cars for demand and not let the chosen dealers to rape the customers but what do I know?

Dodge has been honorable about it. They aren't allowing the gouging and are punishing the dealers that did it with less vehicles.

They will probably find an easy way around this by titling the vehicles then selling them as used with zero miles... Scumbags will be scumbags.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tok.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived?tu=tok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.