FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Maybe if he lived in the middle of nowhere too it would be no big deal. In NYC that makes the cops roll up on you guns drawn for the littlest offense. The ones who tint their windows are generally hiding something.

If cops pulled their guns on me for having tinted windows in my car ... Seriously, I would be looking for another place to live.

rd

#115 8 years ago

Get used to visiting this place a lot.

Shit! Back here again!!Shit! Back here again!!

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Cost $1,200 to apply so expecting some great results.

A $1 plastic bucket, $3 Turtle Wash + wax, a $2 sponge and some water works well too.

Sorry man, what a waste of money.

rd

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Please do some research before posting stuff like this. It's not a wax it's a full protection system for paint. Many many people swear by it and it's changed the detailing world. Will never get those results with regular washes and waxing. Also once you do this you never have to wax the car again.

I have a nice bridge I can sell you. It spans the East River ... Right in your neighbourhood. You've probably seen it!

Send money now!

rd

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Please do some research before posting stuff like this

I did. I found the product "on sale" for $34.99

http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-paint-sealant.html

Says it lasts for 2 years. Appears to be one of those quality "as seen on TV" items.

So if you break down the $1200 you paid, that's a very reasonable $1165 profit for the guy that rubbed it onto your car.

Sorry bud.

rd

#232 8 years ago

Lol! Zingggg

It's pretty well known what I have in the driveway. There used to be 6 cars. Now there are three. I used to race targa, track, strip. Don't bother now.

You get to an stage when you figure out that your dick doesn't get bigger related to how much your car cost. Or what watch you wear.

My car money is better spent on something that appreciates in value, rather than depreciates. Like the business park I just sold that doubled in value in 5 years. Nice one.

rd

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And the only thing with wheels on it is the house.
Sorry, man. I had to.

I had to think about that one for a while ... It is 730am down here you know ...

Trailer homes would be a bit "pin restrictive"....

Are you guys still drinking up at Spooky HQ? Three day bender?

Party time!

rd

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

What does RD drive?
Come on, just the baddest Pinhauler eva!!

Yeah man. It's bitchen! I was going to sell it but decided to keep it.

Even though it's only done 60,000 miles it had a bit of rust. Note to self, don't buy any more cars from Northern USA.

Rust is half done, just waiting for an opportunity to do the rest.

I was going to put in some "bounce up and down" suspension, but we decided the car might break in half so we shelved that idea. Lol!!

rd

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

What do you even drive?

So, in answer to that one, I just shot this video 5 minutes ago, on a nice rainy New Zealand day

Quick "lol" video of my IS-F accelerating on a wet road, just in Drive with the traction control on, and a soft start. Standard engine, with rear mufflers removed and straight pipes installed. Disclosure ... country area, no houses around, no people within 5km. Safety first people! For others at least

rd

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What year is your IS-F Dave?
Been considering looking at Lexus as it might be a bit more practical. My daughter will be getting a car within the year, so I don't know if I want to have two cars (a daily driver and the weekend/sports car) like I have in the past.
Was looking at the Lexus RC F, but if I am going to spend that money, I'd need to look at the M4 as well. Then again, I don't know if either of those is any more practical than a Hellcat would be.
Might consider going with a used one. This looks cool:
ebay.com link » Lexus Is F

That blue one looks sweet.

Highly recommend them. I bought mine new in 2009. Done 70,000km without a hitch. I looked at upgrading to the new RCF but the changeover was huge so I thought, bugger it, I'll keep my ISF forever and drive it till it dies. I have a K&N intake kit that adds 10-20hp, but I haven't got around to fitting it yet. It's been sitting in my shed for 5 years now lol.

The RCF is cool, but the 2 door aspect puts me off. When you have kids, 2 doors is a PITA. I know, I had a 3rd gen RX7 as my only car for years.

That Blue eBay one looks sweet, but I thought the ISF was like $49,000 new in the U.S.? I know your cars are base models though, then you option them up. In NZ all Lexus' come with everything standard. Mine has Levinson sound, sunroof, radar cruise, everything. There were no options available, it has them all.

The only criticize would be that the stock suspension is pretty firm which may be a pain in the ass on your bumpy freeways. Maybe the suspension is a different spec in the U.S., I don't know. You'd be used to firm suspension with the cars you've owned, as am I, but some don't like it.

rd

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

In doing my research for a new car, I did find one that fits what I personally prefer in a sports car: small/lightweight, and a mid engine layout (but not at all practical

Won't be much good when it all falls apart though. Alfas are reknown for their "kit car" build quality. And i dont think the kid would fit in the back ....

PS I know there's no ISF now, but from memory they were $49,999 USD when they were new (plus options) The fully optioned NZ ones were $140,000 NZD over here when they were new. ($100,000 USD give or take) Luckily I don't pay retail

There is a new ISF on its way as well as an even more powerful GSF based on the bigger G platform, equivalent to a 5 series BMW size.

http://www.lexus.com/concept/GSF/

rd

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I hope they try but can't catch him

Smokey and The Kaneda.

Starring Kaneda in a movie about Kaneda.

Also featuring Kaneda as Snowman.

And Keneda in a dress as Carrie (aka Frog)

Co-Starring Pinchroma as Sheriff Alex P Justice.

And RobT in a duel role as both Big and Little Enos.

Watch as Kaneda transports a Fix It Felix machine across state lines in the back of his Hellcat to get it to Big and Little Enos Burdette for the $5000 bounty to pay off the Fix it Felix kid.

Pursued by the tenacious Sheriff Alex P Justice and his driver, actively avoiding burning Jeep Grand Cherokees on the side of the freeway.

I keeeed i keeeeed.

rd

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Hey now I had a 64 Giulia that thing was THE SHIT!

I think you accidentally typed THE in there ...

I think Alfas are the type of cars that "tinkerers" like ... Always something to fix on them. Sort of like old English cars. You are always fixing something, gapping the points, cleaning out the distributor, bolting the front wheel back on after it fell off, minor stuff like that. Some people love to tinker.

I used to have a mint 2 door 1958 Austin A30, that was like that. Had a massive 12hp from memory. What a rocket ship!

rd

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Does that mean I have good taste in cars? Or the opposite: I go with what everyone else wants?

Buck the trend champ. Buy something different.

I like the concept of the Focus RS. Small car, good power ... That is the way to go. I looked at buying one. But they are just so goddamn awful inside ... Seats are nice, but the plastic dash, toy clock, Walmart stereo.... Not a nice place to be.

rd

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Here is one of my typical "2 seaters"

Super sweet.

The older you get, the cooler things like this are (so RobT should find them ULTRA COOL lol!!).

I almost bought a really nice El Camino in Durango when I was driving Route66 in the hearse. It was super straight, stock standard and the guy wanted 4500. But it was a 75, i prefer the older models. And there was another guy looking at it as well. So I passed. I should have bought it.

rd

#393 8 years ago

One of my RX7 buddies has an early model Miata (or MX5 as they are known here) and he put a 13b Bridgeport in it.

Quite cool to see a Miata idling at the traffic lights going blaaaaap blaaaaap blaaaaap blaaaaap

rd

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What car is this?

Toyota GT86. Joint development between Toyota and Subaru.

Supposed to be a really sweet handling car.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#505 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh, I don't think it's weird at all. I've had several turbo charged cars and a supercharged car, so it's not like I hate them by any means. But HP for HP, NA is the way to go. If you are on a road coarse you want the instant throttle response that you get from a NA car. Superchargers are better in terms of throttle response than you get compared to a turbo.

Sorry RobbyT, I'm gonna have to disagree a little here.

Your points were correct with the older turbo cars (big time) but not these days. More efficient turbos and much more computer power has taken turbos to the next level (to the power of ten...)

There's a reason that all the new performance cars (M3 M4 RS4) have gone to smaller motors with turbos. More power, less fuel use, less weight (better handling) less emissions.

The last two days, I had to drive down to the bottom of the North Island. 500km each way. I was in my Lexus ISF, 310kw high revving V8 muscle car. NZ roads are not freeways, they are windy 2 lane roads that go around (and over) the volcanos that make up NZ. I was just thinking today, a small turbo car would simply carve up my 1700kg V8 beast on these roads. That's why my turbo RX7s were so good here, 1200kg with 400-450hp on windy roads, just unbeatable. A Hellcat would be pretty useless around here (unless you just wanted to cruise)

FYI the ISF averaged 9.9 liters/100km (24mpg) on these roads, generally sitting on 100-110km/h (limit is 100kph here) with the odd squirt to 130-140kph when passing trucks. Passing is a breeze in this car, flick the paddle shifter, give it a little gas, and you rocket past.

Some pics of central North Island roads ... There's a huge snow covered volcano behind these clouds. You may have seen it in LOTR... The closest road I found to these in the USA was the road from Denver to Durango up Aspen way.

Volcanooooooo!! Under the clouds... Volcanooooooo!! Under the clouds...

green!green!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

rd

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I actually did read that but i repressed that memory.

Haha so did I.

rd

#528 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, which do you think is the better looking car, the Ford Focus RS, or the Subbie

The Mercedes A Class AMG - 381hp. Don't you have these there?

Not those god awful 4wd high suspension ones ... These ones.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Sexy beast!!

rd

#535 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

OMG! That is bad ass. Of course we don't get the good stuff here. Ugh! I'd be all over that.

Dispite my dislike of euro cars (due to bad experiences ... Once bitten etc etc) I would seriously buy one. They are one sexy looking car.

There are a lot of them around Auckland. They must be selling like hot cakes.

That's what I was meaning in my post above (with the road pictures..) Smaller cars with turbos are the way to go here in NZ, with our roads. That's why Evos and WRX are everywhere here, we evidently own more of them per head than anywhere on earth. They just make sense here.

rd

#549 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You haven't really lived until you've driven a Wienermobile.
http://www.oscarmayer.com/wienermobile

Hahaha imagine RobbyT heading off to the courthouse in this. It would create quite the impression ...

Look at my sausage!!!Look at my sausage!!!

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After doing the Dale Jarrett Taladega experience and ripping around that track at 180 mph for 20 laps, the rest is just, well not as satisfying.

180mph ... I thought they'd be faster than that ...

I finally got off my ass and uploaded some footage of my first RX7 to youtube. This was taken around 2000/2001 I guess.

Car was still a road registered car, however we had just put a cage in it.

Engine was a 13b twin rotor with a HKS T51R Turbo on it, with a Haltech computer. Still street brakes, street suspension, street tires ..

In this footage, we go up to about 170mph and button off. The Porsche GT3 Cup racer guys got really pissed of that there was a road car passing them down the back straight lollllllll so we buttoned off a bit so we didn't bruise their egos hahaha. We were hitting 180mph plus down the back straight at times.

rd

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Makes me miss my FD Dave!
I'm still considering a 2011-2013 Lexus IS F as well (hey....four doors)! 416 horsepower V8. You can get these with pretty low mileage for right around $40k

That car makes so much sense for you on your LA roads RobbyT.

Ideal... so reliable, lexus quality, comfortable to drive, room for the family, plenty of power if you floor it ... Winner.

I couldn't think of a better car for a quick blast from LA to Vegas for the weekend, or up the coast. Sweet.

rd

#644 8 years ago

I had to laugh today... In light of this thread with all its "look at me" cars.

I was heading into the city today on the motorway (aka freeway) and the traffic was a bit slow.

On the opposite side was a bright lime green Gallardo. The ultimate "look at me" car. A $350,000 car here. Nobody was taking much notice.

About 10 cars further back was this. Well, a car absolutely identical to this. A 1960s Ford Consul Mk2 in mint condition. These are English cars, probably assembled here in NZ in the 60s when we did such things. Everyone was staring and pointing and waving at it. Probably worth $5000-6000 on a good day.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Anyway, I saw the irony and laughed. I know which one I'd rather have ... And it wouldn't be the green one.

rd

#715 8 years ago

My schlong is bigger than yours.

rd

#776 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

They are the number 1 Subaru dealer in the U.S. and their prices really can't be beat, even if you have to pay to have the car shipped when it comes in.

Fly out, play some pinball at Denvers great pinball spots,and drive it back to LA to run it in. Great drive.

Quoted from RobT:

Funny you mention this one, because it comes up often as one of the best bang for the buck used sports cars that you can buy for less than $50k.

Don't tell Alex but that wouldn't be a wise purchase.

(Prepares for thumbs down...)

rd

#779 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It would be cool to own, but like I said, there's a reason that they sell for as little as they do. I wouldn't risk it.

Good move.

rd

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just 'Limp Mode

That's what she said.

rd

#920 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We're all grown men and have to insult each other to feel good about fucking toys we collect.

Ummmm not all of us do.

Just some.

rd

1 week later
#1024 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Back from Expo. Straight from airport to Hellcat. Went for a nice rice, stopped by brothers for a car wash then took some photos.

12087683_10153780737856177_9144450983697167113_o.jpg 12038633_10153780737661177_2014231526626431623_o.jpg 12120200_10153780737956177_2304751140773617974_o_1.jpg 12094966_10153780737906177_4737697529120148849_o.jpg 10887508_10153780738046177_7825191119431748470_o_1.jpg 12095058_10153780737711177_7819288163512724284_o.jpg 12132598_10153780737721177_4856353763026308913_o.jpg

Your moms house looks pretty sweet ...

rd

6 months later
#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I went with the Subaru STi.
Got the limited edition hyper blue, which looks WAY better in person than in pictures. In fact, I was *really* struggling with what color to go with. 2 weeks later I drove by the dealer and they had the Hyper Blue sitting out front, and it made it crystal clear to me that that was the color I had to have.
I've had the car since October '15 and I love it. Zero regrets so far!

Dirty old Robbie T is back in the fold.

Just one question Robbie ... When you got the Subie, did they give you a hat to wear backwards when you're driving it?

rd

#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

BTW, I have never seen an Audi go more than 100k without a boatload of ca$h spent on misc electronics, trim pieces, emissions, etc., let alone 250-300k, lol. I'll stick with Mercedes for that function. My 15yo will soon be driving my trusty old W124 with over 200k still going stro

From my motoring experience, it seems that Euro cars either
A/ go for ever and never give a problem
B/ are diabolical pieces of crap

Seems to be the luck of the draw. I know people who have had both experiences, about 50/50 I reckon. I was one with a very bad experience (Audi) and I'm reluctant to go back for a second dose. Doesn't matter the brand, it's across the board. I can tell you horror stories of BMW and Mercedes as well. I think Vid has horror stories of his BMW.

The new American cars are so much better than they use to be, that's for sure. The near bankruptcies showed them they needed to pull their finger out and up their game, or they would disappear for ever. And to their credit, they have done it. I'd love a new 650hp Corvette for example ... But having only 2 seats doesn't really work for me.

rd

#1119 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There is just no way that you are going to get as much fun and enjoyment out of that car driving it on public roads as you would with something with less hp that you can drive closer to it's capabilities

This is so true.

Especially when you live in Los Angeles, and Auckland City is getting nearly as bad. What's the point of having a 500hp car when you're sitting in a Jam at 20mph max. Sort of seems pointless.

I'm lucky enough to have a house out in the country a little, so I can give the IS-F a rip and clean off the spark plugs every now and again.

But the older I get, the more I am steered away from my dream Aston Martin DBS, and more towards something cool and cruisey like a 1970 Chevy pickup. (All of NZ looks like the background in this picture, btw... . )

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1140 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Why do car conversations inevitably turn people into huge douchebags?

They certainly can ... However that applies to any hobby. We see it here with certain topics. You used to see it a lot with the "Bally Williams are the best" guys but that has disappeared a lot now that Stern makes some killer titles.

In NZ the Porsche racing guys always had an elitist attitude ... When me and another guy started doing well with our RX7s in the NZ Targa racing, they bitched so much, they made us put another 150kg of lead weight in the car to appease them. I got tired of the crap and stopped racing. That's when the pin collection doubled.

rd

1 month later
#1157 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Thinking about picking up a Scat Pack

Me thinks Chrysler should have googled that name before calling their car that.

rd

#1159 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah we know, but it's a throwback term from the 60's Charger/Challenger......before there was an alternate meaning.

Or the Internet.

rd

1 week later
#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But the older I get, the more I am steered away from my dream Aston Martin DBS, and more towards something cool and cruisey like a 1970 Chevy pickup

All right, I know I said this about 2 weeks ago.

Then I thought "AHHH F*CK IT - LONG TIME DEAD!" and went and bought a new car.

Yeah, I'm a hypocrite. Blow me.

rd

#1163 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Man, if you are going to be a hypocrite, at least get a brand you haven't owned before!

4th Lexus I've had since 2006, never had one issue, the service is always over and beyond expectations, free servicing for 4 years... Why would I buy anything else?

rd

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I have an RX8. I was looking at all sorts of cars, but then we had a kid. The RX8 works really well to let me have a little fun

I have had 2x RX8s. One was the first one in NZ back in 2003, a titanium 6spd high power model (180kw). The other was a 2005 5spd normal power model (150kw) which the wife used as a daily driver for 4 years. Just sold it a year ago.

You're right with what you say. The main problem with Rx8s is they flood pretty easily. I flooded my first one a couple of times. You can't just start it and move it across the lawn and shut if off ... It'll flood. It needs to warm up properly and then you're fine.

There are horror stories of the 93-95 FD3S RX7 in the States. They would play up, none of the Mazda dealers knew how to fix them, or cared to learn, and they'd end up swapping in a brand new crate motor, when a all that was wrong with the car was a vacuum pipe had fallen off the turbos. Crazy.

The RX8 is a fine handling car. The engine is right in the middle so you get a perfect 50/50 balance. I always thought my 180kw version would make an awesome Targa race car. My buddy put a Trust turbo kit on his RX8, it had probably 220kw which gave it some good punch out of the corners.

rd

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ok... Now I see the L. First glance that looks like an f'n Nissan.....

Wash your mouth out.

No mistaking this thing.

rd

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Cmon it does look like z

Maybe if you haven't put your glasses on.

rd

#1178 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The last time I test drove them, within 30 minutes of each other, it became crystal clear to me that the STi was *much* more fun to drive than the Lexus.

With the greatest of respect (as always!) though, comparing those two cars is like comparing apples and oranges.

STI is a point and shoot rally car. You could pop a cage in it and do entry level rally events. It's 400 pounds lighter, turbo, 4wd ...

The Lexus 350 is a powerful touring car. If you were driving to Phoenix every week, that's what you'd buy. Not comparable performance wise to an STI or Evo, just totally different cars. The power might be he same, but it's a radically different type of power delivery.

If you wanted "fun" (as defined by boy-racer terms) then the STI would be the only choice.

Here's pinsides first ever PINgument! (The opposite of CARgument..) It's like comparing Ironman to Woz! Totally different categories of game.

I'd venture to say STI and RCF are totally different too. STI would be very hard to beat for bang for the buck, they have always been a performance bargain.

rd

#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No reason to preface your opinion by saying "with the greatest of respect" RD, especially considering that you didn't really disagree with anything I said

I'm always respectful anyway, so it was a bit redundant.

Quoted from RobT:

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these for my next vehicle in a year or two. Went out with a few friends yesterday and had a blast.

That'll be handy on the Riverside freeway.

rd

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

The reason I didn't get an R is because dealers want $20-$50k over sticker

I can't believe anyone would pay over sticker price for anything. Ever. F that.
My RCF Carbon is 5 months old, only done 4000km, and I got it for 59% of new sticker price. Still has 3.5 years warranty and free servicing left.
I bargained a great deal. But it wasn't that deal, I wouldn't have bought it. Easy as that.
rd

Added over 8 years ago: Typo!! "But IF it wasn't that deal"

#1204 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

why would he want his car to be slower?

Booooya! Good burn. There's a reason Ferrari don't make manuals any more.

It's got paddle shifters which I use all the time.

After 30 years of driving 10 tonne trucks, Utes and cars I'm done using a clutch pedal.

rd

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Straw man alert!

Realism alert!

Unless you're on the track, none of us are likely to be going 120mph very often.

Whoops did 110mph the other day! but it doesn't happen very often. That's nearly double the speed limit here and would be a one year loss of licence if The Man caught you. Lucky I have my "The Man free zones" I can go ....

rd

#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Straw man alert!

Quoted from RobT:

Again, straw man

Quoted from RobT:

Straw man alert.

Is it part of lawyer training to say Straw man a lot?

Bet it's fun times in your office.

rd

#1298 7 years ago

If what you want is a performance car, your list is missing one very important option.

A car that will beat almost anything on the road. And half the things on a track. Standard.

rd

#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Plus the deflector is LOUD....and hideous.....so I yanked it today.

Man, that thing looks like a boat windshield!

The lexus ones are a thin strip of stainless steel, maybe an inch or so wide. They hardly stick up over the roof line.

rd

#1313 7 years ago

I would go Vette every day. I would buy one now.

But 2 seats just doesn't work for me.

FYI in other news, you can buy a new right hand drive Mustang here in NZ and Australia now. They have sold heaps of them too. Becoming dime a dozen ... You see them every time you go out.

That's the good thing with the RCF (and the ISF before it). You never see them around, so you have something pretty unique.

rd

#1320 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

are talking about the new GT350 with the flat plane crank V8? Seems crazy that Ford can get production ramped up for down under so fast but the US market is still lacking.

Nah, just upspecced GT Models thus far. But you can order "go fast" bits with the car.

rd

#1322 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ah, but that is a completely different animal than the new GT350

No shit Sherlock!

rd

#1325 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So why did you bring it up, Watson?

I didn't ... I said you could buy right hand drive Mustangs in NZ.

rd

#1329 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Magazine racers who never even come close to the limits of a car. You have to think about what you will be doing with the car 90% of the time, not the 10% that you may or may never come close too.

This. Amazing how many people buy a car based on "headline" performance figures, and then sit in traffic jams all day.

You may as well buy a Prius.

rd

#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I agree. I have the same vehicle and I'm in love with the sound!

I got a V6 Pathfinder and it sounds like shit!!

But it fits a pin in the back.

rd

1 week later
#1359 7 years ago

RobbyTs new car search is over!

But you gotta wait 4 years for it ....

I'd upload a photo but I can't on my iPhone at present. Pinside is broken.

So click on the link instead.

http://www.motoring.com.au/mazda-rx-9-locked-in-103563/

rd

1 week later
#1407 7 years ago

Looks like we've got an RD convoyyyyyyy ....

rd

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1409 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hey RD, your custom plate is a non-sequitur on the Lexus.

Yeah, it's a hangover from my old race car. I own it (different system to the USA) so I may as well use it.

rd

1 week later
#1412 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My new 2016 Dodge Callenger R/T (Wish I had gotten the plus with leather seats, backup camera with larger spoiler and lane change assist) I am very, very happy with this vehicle. It took me 8 years of dreaming to make this a reality.

Sweet ride, Rat!

Can you fit an EM in the boot?

rd

#1415 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

The entrance is not big enough to accommodate a pinball machine but the space can hold 2 1/2 bodies.

Ideal for the mob then. Cadillac trunk probably holds 3 1/2 so probably explains why they usually go that way.

rd

1 week later
#1429 7 years ago

Lots of armchair racecar drivers in this thread.

PS finally sold my 2009 ISF. Took two months, it seems used sporty cars over $20k in NZ need finance to sell. Finally found someone with some cash.

I really like the RCF. A lot of advances over the ISF, mainly in:

- the seats (ISF were great, RCF are next level)
- sweet digital dash (like the LFA)
- electronic torsion diff
- even better Mark Levinson audio
- great handling, you wouldn't know it was a 1700kg car. The ISF, I was always conscious of that. Mind you, I'm used to driving 1100kg RX7s.

Downsides -
- storage pods in the door don't open like the ISF and are useless
- no ashtray for me to put my iPhone in.
- the ISF was pretty anonymous. Which was good. The RCF Carbon is a "rock star car" and everyone stares at it ...probably because nobody knows what it is.

Unlike some of the previous posters, I don't plan on running it in the LeMans 24hr any time soon, but I can't think of a better car to drive to Wellington in. (800km of NZs two lane winding highways)

rd

IMG_2549 (resized).JPGIMG_2549 (resized).JPG

#1441 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Go start a 0-60 thread, or a Tesla thread, or whatever other thread you need. This thread was meant to show off some Dodge Challengers that people bought. It wasn't meant as a pissing match of "my car can do this" and "mine can do that". I don't care if you car ran on rocket fuel and did 0-220 in .3 seconds.

Everyone's car can do that. Well, in this thread anyway.

The thread started as Kanedas tribute to himself, and has evolved into The Pinside Car Discussion thread. It's been interesting to read about everyone's cars, and comparing models.

If anything, it should only have Hellcats and nothing else, if we wanted to stick to the title of the thread. But I think it's better the way it is.

rd

1 month later
#1490 7 years ago

You know about the Jeep with the hellcat motor ... Toyota has gone to the next level with 2000hp.

http://www.driven.co.nz/reviews/previews/toyota-reveal-insane-2000hp-land-cruiser/

rd

IMG_3644 (resized).JPGIMG_3644 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#1545 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Down votes on Subaru? Wrx/sti are great little cars...I personally wouldn't drive one but not butt hurt over those that do.

Seems ludicrous to down vote posts like that. Maybe if you're 5 years old?

rd

2 weeks later
#1552 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I sold my STi (actually I traded it in) for a new 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock.
The young salesmen at the Jeep dealer thought I was crazy!

They're not the only ones.

Mind you, better to choose a Jeep for your mid life crisis than a Harley I guess. Haha!

rd

#1565 6 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Now you need a BBK

Big balls kit?

Haha!

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.