FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

I hear a Cuda is coming...seriously. When they roll out the new rear drive platform cars. If they make the new chassis Charger lighter (likely) I may have to spring for one. Cuda is rumored to come back with the new chassis so it will probably be lighter too. Then the one negative (weight) of the Hellcats would be fixed.

The weight can't be fixed easily, without reducing interior space, which happens to be a huge part of the appeal. It can actually carry 4 adults and a trunk full of luggage. Neither the Camaro nor mustang can do that. Plus it's an excellent road car. I'll sacrifice a couple hundred pounds and let the magazine racers sort it out. Btw 392 6 speed with decent milage on a recent road trip i made to Seattle .0901151847.jpg0901151847.jpg

Anyway, congrats to the OP, I'm looking at a 2016 GO mango as a possibility.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Then there is a slight bend in the road and realize... O SH1T, my car can't turn!

Magazine racer I see! The Hellcat handles and stops just fine. 6 piston brembos ensure that.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

I drove the hell cat for a few good laps around monticello speedway. Then I drove a Cadillac CTS-V Wagon right after. The wagon out handled the hell cat in every way. The hell cat seems like a bloated whale. Plenty of power and torque... but thats all that can be said.
My reply wasn't aimed at the hell cat... it was a reply to the "8's in the 1/4 with a small block 358cu ford motor".
If you're ever board and want to subscribe to my "Magazine racer" article. Feel free to search "Doostur" on youtube. You'll see my TT 1500 hp Gallardo, 1200 HP GT2, 1000 HP GTR, 1000 HP Supra, 650 HP ITR. And maybe more up you're ally power wise is my 170 HP Ducati 899.

Impressive list, how many of those cars cost $70,000 and gave you 707 hp? The Challenger is a real world car that is more than fast enough for 98% of the people on the road.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

It's called engineering which alot of car companies seem to skip and try to fool the public with high horse power cars to overshadow the rest.

1. That ITR (had to look that up) is not stock as you noted. Impressive power for sure, but youd be hard pressed to drive that, or a 1500 HP this or 1000 hp that cross country without a support crew. Not happening.

2. Your a car guy, a rich car guy, so money is no object thus I will give you a pass on mentioning a Z06 vette that is a two seater in regards to weight and a starting price of $79,000. The Hellcat MSRP is just over $60,000. For $30,000, I bet I could make a HC handle just fine, and still look like a muscle car and carry 4 passengers and there luggage. Not like a wanna be Ferrari that really just dissappears into a sea of 65 year old men driving vettes on the weekend.

Anyway, you have some bad ass rides and I cannot compete for sure, but I think you are skewed in your thinking and comparisons.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Car cover ordered and should be here soon. Gonna go on every time she's parked.

You might want to rethink that. Anytime you apply a car cover, you are going to scratch the paint unless it is freshly washed. Better off just lightly California dusting every morning(When you drive it, which I hope is often!!!) Same thing with drying you car, every time you touch the paint, you run the risk of scratching the clear coat, getting the spiderweb affect.

Good luck and have fun!!

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

garages are nasty places... so I can understand the desire for a cover.. the problem with a cover is it just invites bad behavior.. and unless you can clean the car before you put it on, you can be inviting more harm than good with dirt and scratches. I liked covering my car to keep it purdy... but I would only do it after the car had been washed and dried. But in NYC where you leave cars for extended periods.. I'd be torn. I guess I'd just clean the car each time before parking it

What he said. Using a car cover daily is way worse than letting some dust settle, then blow off.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've got a subaru on order...can we talk aboot that or is this 'Merican only?

Sure, since in reality the Hellcat/Challenger/Dodge is American in name only. Engines assembled in Mexico, Cars assembled in Canada and Dodge owned by Fiat lol

And Im not bashing I have a Challenger, would be nice to say its American made though. Thanks NAFTA!!

SideShot.jpgSideShot.jpg

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, I am really surprised (and turned off) by the weight of the RS.
345 hp from a 4 banger is very impressive, but it would be put to much better use if the car was a lot lighter.

That's a lot of wieght in something like that.

#394 8 years ago

What about the joint Toyota/Subaru car. It looks good in both configurations and is supposed to be a pretty sweet handling car. Never drove one, just reading.

#396 8 years ago

Sorry I was so lazy Subaru BRZ. Plus I'm partial to the pearl orange..Toyota-86-GTS-05.jpgToyota-86-GTS-05.jpgToyota-GT-86.jpgToyota-GT-86.jpg

#398 8 years ago

It ended up being the Scion FS-R.

Anyway, here's an initial articlehttp://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-subaru-brz-sports-car-prototype-drive

#400 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ah, but of course. It's a great looking car! Just not enough power, and a bit small for a daily driver for me. Still really like the car overall though, and it's only about 2800 pounds.

I think that was the overall problem with the car, power. Seems the subi with AWD might be a contender in climates that require all season ability.

#405 8 years ago

Yea, no AWD and red is a problem. NEXT! Lol

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ugh looking at that thing and you wonder why GM needed government money for a bailout.
Aside from the vette and maybe the cts-v there isn't a single American car I want to own/drive. They all have fisher price interiors and plastic as far as the eye can see.

LOL. Apparently you havent been in a 2015 Dodge Charger/Challenger/300. Until you have, hush. Soft touch everywere, solid feeling , and the 2015 UConnect is getting rave reviews.

#410 8 years ago

Double

#470 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have. My friends Kia Optima has a nicer interior.

Yea, but your still driving around in a KIA lol. I'll take a so so interior backed by a healthy v8 over a nice interior powered with a few mice.

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think you got them backwards. The Ford RS is the hatchback. The STi is the sedan (first pic).

That's the problem now a days, most cars look the same. It's a just some variation of a jelly bean cut in half.

#643 8 years ago

Volvo, M3, Lexus. Nice cars but no soul, nothing to make them stand out now, much less in 5 years. They are forgettable cars and have no shape. Cut a jelly bean in half, and that is basically the profile of all these cars. Save for the Hellcat and the vert camaro.

#661 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I just took this. Now this is the original hellcat. gtx. 426 hemi image.jpeg

Albeit bad ass, the modern HEMI will smoke that car in every category and looks nearly as bad ass.

Remember, the Hellcat has its own styling, not like the jelly bean, no soul looking eurotrash out there.

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

that is a million times cooler than a hellcat IMHO.

stock for stock, it will take a 392 or hellcat to beat it.

Yea, but the 5.7 is not far behind it.

It might seem a million times cooler, until you actually have to drive it. Then I think you Will appreciate the Hellcat/modern Challenger a hell of a lot more. Unless you like garage queens that is.

#742 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i hear you but my definition of cool isn't entirely based on being the quickest. That GTX in that picture is a rare beast. 1 of 30 hemi gtx made that year, if it's the real deal. that's a car that would make me whip a $hitty (u-turn in wisconsin-speak, don't know if that's common venacular) and try to see it again. By the same token, i've seen 3 hellcats on the road in the last month. I realize they are super fast, would love to own one but i wouldn't stop to look at one in a parking lot or a car show.
how about quickest to an empty gas tank?

That's the problem , you will very rarely see these out in the wild, unless it's at a car show. Mainly a museum piece, a valuable museum peice, but still... It would be nerveracking to drive and forget about taking it on a cross country road trip. I ran into two original Challenger owners in my recent road trip and they are both selling their cars and buying New Challengers, because they just can't use them like they want too. 0913151031.jpg0913151031.jpg

0831151049.jpg0831151049.jpg

0830151239.jpg0830151239.jpg

#743 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

3.6 0-60 is pretty damn fast. I know the hellcat is 3.0 but it takes 700+ horsepower to move that fat fuck . Thing weighs MORE than my wife's GL which is registered as an overweight vehicle in NJ.
How the hell can dodge make the car nearly 3 tons and say "that's good". There are bridges you can't cross at that weight
My m3 carrying a Miata on its back doesn't weigh the same amount as that pig.

I had some respect for your opinion up until you said the Hellcat is 3 tons, as in 6000 pounds. Its a two ton Bessie at about 4300 pounds. BTW your M3 is at about 3500 pounds, so I'm not seeing how a Miata could only weigh 1000. Now, we could put that Miata in the trunk of a Hellcat and drag your ass around haha. If your going to bash, at least get your facts straight.

#758 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's 4640lbs curb and 5600 gross (<- nearly 3 tons). That's fat. Any my m3 is 3200 and corner weighted. Dropped a bunch of weight including some unsprung.
You don't think 4640 is hugely overweight for a performance car? That car could have been < 4100 if they tried harder. Used some different materials.
For example the e60 m5 with a v10 which is actually slightly bigger than the hellcat was 4060 with every option checked including sun roof. I just don't get how they couldn't knock at least 500lbs off that thing without losing anything.

I guess we can argue about weight all day, but there is no doubt the Challenger is a big car. It's a muscle car that can seat 4 adults and their luggage. It's got all the performance 95 percent of of the population can handle, but it's got 707 HP and a feeling of power you could never feel in the M3 not to mention timesless looks.

Anyway. You have a bad ass car no doubt and peace, Let's cruise sometime!

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Roostking:
I love this shot! It really shows how they did such a great job on the current Challenger in terms of basing it off of the original.
Like I've said before, Dodge did the best retro design based on it's heritage with the Challenger than any attempt by anyone else (such as the Camaro being based on the '69 Camaro, the 2005 Mustang, the early 2000 Thunderbird etc.).

Messages_Image2066192004.png

Yea man for sure. Having had a couple heater Challengers when in the service, I knew when I saw the show car in 2006 some day I'd have one and probably keep it forever like my dad did when he bought his 1970 Mercury GT. Anyway, the fact that we are even talking about this much power in so many cars is awesome. First world problems...

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Autocorrect ? . We know what you type often LOL.
After reading this thread I'm going to test drive a 2015 Challenger RT Plus tomorrow. Would love the scat pack or hell cat but can't afford either. Will see how it turns out.
I was so close to pulling the trigger on a 16 STi but not happy it's got the exact same engine that was in the car 8 years ago.

Good luck man, I think you will like it. Take it out on the highway for sure!

#825 8 years ago

Only potential problem is Charger is A8 only, but I'm not sure if you wanted a 6 speed anyway. I think the Charger looks pretty bad ass

#895 8 years ago

I don't care what the Mustang has for motorvation, it looks,like a chick car to me, which is appropriate cause I mostly see women driving them.

With the new eurotrash styling, it's even more ladylike lol.

#931 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I blame my dad too
I drove a 2016 Mustang GT at lunch today. Not sure it's my style but man it's quick. Love the Shaker sound system.

That's funny, cause I ate a 2015 GT for lunch up Raton Pass in New Mexico not too long ago. He started it, all proud and full vigor. He was understandably deflated and would not look my way at the top lol. I guess he listened to the magazine racers out there who said the Challenger is a fat, slow pig. Cute car for a girl though. 0927151414~2.jpg0927151414~2.jpg

#934 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Which model Challenger do you have?

2011SRT 392 6 speed. Awesome highway car for sure!

#958 8 years ago

Although I don't own a Hellcat, my 392, is 17000 miles into my cross country road trip and everyone I have taken for a ride is amazed at the ride and comfort. There are two Mustangs about to be for sale due to that ride...

#963 8 years ago

Yes, please don't be this Hellcat driver. Tried drifting as he left a car show, and bammdrifting-hellcat-driver-crashes-into-restored-chevy-biscayne-reportedly-arrested-on-dui-suspicion_1.jpgdrifting-hellcat-driver-crashes-into-restored-chevy-biscayne-reportedly-arrested-on-dui-suspicion_1.jpg

#1025 8 years ago

Sweet!!

#1029 8 years ago

The irony lol

1 week later
#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Indeed. I'm always worried to turn off K Band, thats the biggest reason I think Im going to update.. its not cheap at $289 but worth it
JJ

What is the benefit of shutting off K band?

#1062 8 years ago

For anybody who thinks the Hellcat rollout has been anything but a clustered and there is no dealer markup should google first.

2 months later
#1070 8 years ago

Should be pretty sweet and a blast to launch. I wonder if it will have the full 707 HP though. Not sure the AWD system can handle it?

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Very, very nearly pulled the trigger on a plum crazy purple Hellcat yesterday. I've got a plum crazy SRT challenger right now, and I absolutely adore the color and I get compliments every time I drive it. As cool as the hellcat is, I couldn't quite justify it to myself, plus it really would be pretty darn similar to my current ride (although the new interior is a tremendous upgrade, how often would I really get to appreciate the 707hp vs my current 450 or whatever). My next car will probably be a Tesla at this point.

Im thinking exactly like you. I have a 2011 SRT Challenger, Toxic Orange and its just a bad ass car. I would love a HC, but like you said, when could ya use the 707 HP when I could get in plently of trouble with the current 470. The interior is a major upgrade though. The extra $40,000 would buy a decent boat and truck here in AZ. Ill have to see what happens color wise in 2017...

3 months later
#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Switched from a DB9 to a Tesla P85D. Miss the Aston lineage, but from a performance standpoint the Tesla roasts any ICE performance vehicle I have owned ( Italian exotics included ). For what you would pay for a Hellcat ( and the immediate domestic accelerated depreciation ), purchase a Tesla, blow away your friends rides and enjoy the cool tech and continuous updates for free.

Blender on wheels. Boring. I want to drive, not play with even more electronics.

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Are your feet still frostbit from walking 20 miles up hill in the snow each way to school as a kid? I personally prefer horseback.

Cool, I prefer 707 Horses, why stop at 1!!!

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have been tossing the idea of getting a 2016 mustang gt350. What do you guys and girls think?

That its for girls.

1 week later
#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

The whole point about the retro muscle cars is the visceral feel and harkening back to the cars of your youth (My 1st car was a 1970 Challenger). Hell, my teeth even rattle when I start my Hellcat, that fast idle brings attention from everyone and everything in the vicinity! (Oops I kinda sound like Kaneda). When an electric car starts, nothing happens except maybe the Energizer bunny does a dance on the display...whee!
I used to be involved in Unlimited Hydroplane racing when the boats used Rolls & Allison 16 cylinder WWII aircraft engines, they called them "Thunderboats". Nothing quite like the sound and experience of 6 of them roaring by. Now they use Lycoming turbine hellicopter engines, they are now nicknamed hairdryers and the sport is pretty much dead.

Exactly! These musclecars, ponycars whatever wont be around much longer. EPA is killing them and insurance is starting to catch up. Sure, there are more refined cars, maybe better cars(Although not many, if any at the Hellcat price point) but what is missing is soul and sound. Most cars will be forgotten about in 5 years, like the Tesla, but the Hellcat will be a car that will be revered and talked about for decades, just like a 70 HEMI Challenger still is today. Timeless good looks, rip roaring power and a damn fine interior will not be forgotten. Now I just gotta get mine lol. Waiting on 2017 Colors and it sounds like a possible bump in power.

Im guessing Desden or whatever has not actually sat in a Challenger, be it a hellcat or even an R/T. There are not cheap, plasticy anything in there. That stuff is reserved for the Mustang, and especially the Camaro.

#1107 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Coming from German cars, anything coming out of Chrysler feels like an interior designer by Mattel. Everything is plasticky.
An bottom of the line Audi A3 has a nicer interior than just about any American car. Not to mention it will probably go 250-300k miles with basic maintenance. I wouldn't own that hellcat past warranty. You will pay 20% of its value yearly just to keep it on the road.

LOL. Ok. I have a 2011 SRT with 50,000 hard miles and nary a problem. Just keep up the American Cars suck thinking. Where do you get a number of 20% lol anyway. So your saying that a $70,000 car is going to require $14,000 in maintenance. Then say it depreciates 10 grand. So now its going to cost $12,000 every year.

Your facts are invalid. Move along to the other jellybean car forums before you make an ever bigger fool of yourself.

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

You think that 70,000 car is worth 70k the second you drive it off the lot? Try trading it in after a month. You MAY get 50k if you're lucky. And yes once the warranty is up after 3 years and it dropped more than 50% value (let's call it worth 35k and I'm being super generous). Then to think you will spend 6-7k a year on it to maintain is hardly a stretch.
If you think that hunk of crap is only going to depreciate 10k over 3 years then you really drank the cuda koolaide.
There is a reason none of the chryslers/dodges hold their value. Lowest return value of ANY American car brand. Those are facts. Easily verifiable. Have fun looking it up.
Ohh and since it's a 2.5-3 season car you aren't even going to be able to use it if you live in anywhere that snows thus making it even more of a useless car.

I understand depreciation, but I used simple numbers for the sake of argument. Even if it drops $20,000 in the first year and is worth $50,000, to think its going to need $10,000 worth of maintenance IN ONE YEAR, just shows how ridiculous and clueless you are. You deserve a car to get you from point A to point B in as boring way possible.

Cheers!

#1113 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Wow. I said AFTER THE WARRANTY. And I even spelled it out for you. SMH.
Glad I have never turned a wrench before as someone else has posted. LOL. I love the mopar guys getting butt hurt. The car is nothing more than an engine. It goes fast in a pin straight line and nothing else. Take it to a real track where there are you know.. turns. It would get lapped by a properly set up mini cooper. Any idiot can make a car go fast in a straight line. Just dump a shit ton of HP into it (case in point).
Look at its 'ring times. Its CRAP.
7:51.51 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat (2016)
7:50:63 Honda Civic Type R
7:42.9 Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06
Your massive displacement monster went around slower than a 2.0L lawnmower with a grocery cart wing.
Chevy managed to get the Z06 around nearly 10 seconds faster with 200 less HP.
In fact the ONLY car with more HP to go around the ring faster was the bugatti veyron and its north of 1000.
For me the true test of engineering is how fast you can go negotiating turns. Straight line speed is something you expect from shade tree mechanics in a garage. Means nothing to those who don't "live life a quarter mile at a time".

Even after warranty, your claim is just ridiculous. And why are you comparing a 2 seater to 5 seater car? Hello That's what the Viper is for, to wax that corvettes ass.

Anyway, enjoy Your blender on wheels as it drives you to work so you can sip your macciato!

#1121 7 years ago

So not street driven. Cool. My bad boy HEMI runs day and night(notice the working headlights), and its much cleaner then your one eyed Eurotrash

0523160037_(resized).jpg0523160037_(resized).jpg

#1122 7 years ago
#1123 7 years ago

Truth be told, you should be proud. Aero is the new muscle. Or not, those look like jelly beans cut in half lol.

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

The brown and red are track mules. Not in any way street legal. The other 4 I own I drove daily. 83 911 SC, 2014 Carerra S , a 2014 GT3 RS and a 2015 Cayanne.
But I guess you've never had the joy of driving one. The barrier for entry is having all your teeth which they obviously don't check for at the "hemi" dealer. My original "Eurotrash" are highly soughtafter collectibles that were assembled by hand by craftsman not some fat man in Michigan. 'Murica!

So you like warmed over Volkswagons. Cool Beans!

1 week later
#1146 7 years ago

Keneda is making friends in the Hellcat world too. lol

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/can-people-stop-f-king-up-their-cars.18025/page-18

1 month later
#1254 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are they selling Hellcats at sticker price yet?
I checked local inventory about a week ago, and there appears to be a ton of Hellcats in stock at dealer lots here in SoCal.

Yes they are. Check out Hellcat.org for all things Hellcat!

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Winner - Hellcat by a nose. He said driving the hellcat made his cheeks hurt from smiling so much. The Tesla was super cool in a techno way but just didn't have the visceral impact of the Hellcat.

Ummm, DUH, the Tesla a freaking rechargeble blender on wheels. Did anyone really expect anything less??

#1267 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not at all.. It's a legit point. Below 100 mph you are going to get so much 'bang' out of the on-demand torque of the EV verses the 700+HP of the Hellcat that you really need that high end speed to benefit from the feature and be more favorable than the EV's profile.
So while the high trap speed of the Hellcat looks like a huge delta.. it's a "feature" you'll get to benefit from FAR less than the torque profile of the EV.
On public roads, sustaining that kind of speed is pretty rare and extremely risky. Here in VA, get busted doing 100+mph and your car will be impounded and you'll be on your way to detention. Same with any street racing. The # of times I've been over 120 on public roads I could count on my hands. The track at Summit Point (WV) you can hit that on their straightaway (my Z would hit about 127 before a conservative brake zone..) but minus the main straight, most of the 2.5 mile course is under 100mph. I've had the car WAY faster.. but it's extremely rare.
It's a statement about "what will you get to use the most and actually get to experience?". I would never buy a car because it did 200+ instead of 175mph... I'll never ever experience that, even if the car can do it. I'd buy the car for the elements I'd actually use. The instant torque I'd benefit every day from... everywhere.

Negative. The feel, sounds, smells etc are still present on a 0 -60 run. So ya, the tesla may be quicker to ###, but no where near as exhilarating. I sure hope you dont think the Hellcat is all topend, with no bottom end grunt? If you do, you are sadly mistaken. You can argue this all day long, but its just not going to be true.

#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

The P85D is fast.. the P90D is just flat out stupid.
8 car lengths..
» YouTube video

Thats an old vid where the HC driver literally just bought the car and took it to the strip. Heres a more realistic example.

#1273 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Of course not... But the tesla has far more hookup and acceleration. The hellcat sure makes more of a scene... But in the rear view mirror. In the comparison at hand, the hellcat's advantage is in HP.
Point is... Where the hellcat is dominating vs the comparison at hand... You won't get to use much and where you will use it more, the hellcat was at a disadvantage.
If you want just pure experience... Get a big ol 427 in a old muscle car. It too will sound, smell, and wretch you around for far less money. But it won't be as quick nor as great as a ride between those drags. That is what is killer about the tesla... You are getting a super premium driver.... And it has super car acceleration for those moments of testosterone
If I want Something to flick around... I wouldn't be buying a 4500lb behemoth like the hellcats or the heavy tesla either.

Where ever you can use it is still enough to smoke 99.8% of the cars out there, and get pushed back into your seat doing it. Either way, the V8 is a dying breed, everyone wants a blender on wheels so they can surf the web all day lol

#1280 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Does anyone know what kind of damage that much battery drain does when using ludicrous mode? I bet the Hellcat can do that so many more times and have no affect on the motor. The Tesla owner maybe leading to way early battery change outs.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a Model S as a DD, but for pure thrill give me the Hellcat. Never mind. 350R would be my poison.

Probably about as exciting as the first time you use a blender. Your like "Hell yea, it works!" Then your just like, meh, its a blender.

#1299 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I would not even blink and buy the Gt350, even more so if R. That car is special and will be worth way more down than 'vette and Porsche because they are normal models. Hellcat and whatever special Camaro of your choice may hold money like the GT 350.

LOL. Buying a car now, in hopes its worth something in 30 years.

Just buy the freaking car you want and enjoy it. If it happens to be worth ANYTHING, then you probably didnt drive it enough..

#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Man, that thing looks like a boat windshield!
The lexus ones are a thin strip of stainless steel, maybe an inch or so wide. They hardly stick up over the roof line.
rd

The one he cut off is like 1.5 iches, as if it's going to make a difference.

Bad move..

#1307 7 years ago

You will be able to tell if there is some wind. My Challenger sunroof doesnt have that tall of a block, but if I push it down, it definitely makes a difference on cabin noise. No biggie, I dont make the payment

#1310 7 years ago

If you want to carry people in the car with you, or take a road trip, neither car works, so you might as well do a Vette.

#1327 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would go Vette every day. I would buy one now.
But 2 seats just doesn't work for me.
FYI in other news, you can buy a new right hand drive Mustang here in NZ and Australia now. They have sold heaps of them too. Becoming dime a dozen ... You see them every time you go out.
That's the good thing with the RCF (and the ISF before it). You never see them around, so you have something pretty unique.
rd

LOL, if you think Mustangs are a dime a dozen there, you should see it stateside. They are basically chick cars...

#1328 7 years ago

Magazine racers who never even come close to the limits of a car. You have to think about what you will be doing with the car 90% of the time, not the 10% that you may or may never come close too.

#1355 7 years ago
1 week later
#1363 7 years ago

That Mazda is pretty sweet!

#1367 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

well shit, sherlock holmes here ruined my attempt at suspense. oh well!
yeah, i have a P100D on order.

3, or 4 blade??

#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Probably not the thread for this (but what the hell). We just picked these up last Saturday:

2016 Kawasaki STX-15f and Ultra LX
My wife and I have ridden for years (but never owned) and our kids really just started riding this summer....so we decided to get our own. These are not "top of the line" supercharged models. We just like to have fun on them....tossing them around and making sharp diving turns......no need to do over 70mph on the water. The Green one will top out around 65 and the big one around 57. Both can pull skiers, tubers...etc...
First day out:

You made the right choice, those supercharged model are just way too quick lol. Hold on for deal life if you pin those suckers!

#1384 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

2014 Roush Supercharged 600hp Raptor. The Roush exhaust on this truck sounds amazing, better than any muscle car I've had in the past. It's tough to think of getting rid of this, it does everything, and does it well.. rides like a cadillac, hauls pins and arcade machines, and getting on the 600hp motor is a blast on the street or in the dirt.
I like the new Raptors coming out, but I prefer a V8 and the 6.2 motor over a ecoboosted V6. The most appealing part of the new Raptors to me is the upgraded electronics and options, like lane change warning, parking cameras, and all the new stuff. As of now I have no plans on upgrading, the Roush factory supercharged Raptors are pretty rare and I'm still smitten with this package.
I really have fell in love with the GT350 though, and my dealer wants my Raptor back badly. Wish I could haul a pinball machine in a Mustang!

Whats the towing capacity?

#1391 7 years ago

51,000 + miles on my 2011 392 SRT Challenger. All trouble free miles and max smiles per mile! I was at a dodge dealership yesterday to get a touch up paint pen and that place was PACKED!!!! I thought there was some event or something and the salesman I talked to said that was a normal saturday.

#1396 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Dodge products from that era are worthless. If you wish to support Detroit, I would suggest trying GM or Ford next time.

You mean how GM took bailout money, and then opened up a factory in Mexico. Yea ok!

#1403 7 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I still have my 99 F150.It runs but has all kinds of electrical bugs.I was a Ford fan for a long time.

I bought a 2001 Ford Ranger and still own it. It has been a nearly trouble free truck, other than a few A/C compressors and i havent been easy on it. I can only hope my current 392 and ANY car i get down the road that will cost 2 -3x as much is as good a vehicle. Im going to be selling soon, as I need a larger truck and I am probably going to shed a tear when its gone lol

4 weeks later
#1447 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looks like Dodge wants a piece of the Ford Raptor pie:
» YouTube video
37 inch tires!

Concept truck, but I certainly hope it goes into production. I see Raptors everywhere..

1 week later
#1461 7 years ago

Tesla, as quick as it is, is still a car that has no character.

#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude, I think you are getting unnecessarily angry and have now called me several names, while being aggressive and hostile. Whatever the reasoning it is that you are this upset because of some forum posts, I hope all is well in your life and can move past this. Best of luck man!

Probably thinks he's helping the environment too!

5 months later
#1509 7 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

The age of manufacturer horsepower wars, how much horsepower can we create from a bone stock car and still provide a warranty. Pretty cool. Eventually the govt will shut this down or over tax it lame
Seems it is all about horsepower without consideration to traction...800 hp doesn't really get transferred to the road with the small tires, Just need it "tubbed" from the factory! Gotta love the new horsepower cars, super chargers, etc. We used to have to do this stuff at home, now anyone can buy it already done.

That's why the fender flares, it will have 315s from the factory.

This car is going to be insane!! High 9s and a warranty. Gotta love it!!

#1512 7 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Reports say 707 HP, High 9s is very optimistic...mid 10s more likely.

Your talking Hellcat, I'm talking Dodge Demon.

#1513 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I just don't understand why they wouldn't go AWD. wouldn't that instantly yield waaaaay faster acceleration?

The Challenger is already heavy enough.

#1515 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

It's also almost impossible to launch effectively.

The Demon has a transbrake as well.

1 week later
#1516 7 years ago

Dodge Demon!!
Quickest production EVER and we all know Ford Chevy, Honda, Subaru, Ferrari, Lambo, Veyron wont touch these numbers ever. Especially for the price..
Bow Down!!
Quick facts:
0-30 in 1 sec
0-60 in 2.3
9.65 sec 1/4 mile at 140 mph (NHRA Certified)
1.8 G forces at launch

dodge-challenger-srt-demon-leak (resized).jpgdodge-challenger-srt-demon-leak (resized).jpg

#1518 7 years ago

With 8 pounds of boost at launch and full boost within 5 feet, this car straight gets down the track!! Wheels up baby!!

2017-dodge-demon-check-list3.jpg.image.700 (resized).jpg2017-dodge-demon-check-list3.jpg.image.700 (resized).jpg

And look at that rear side wall wrinkle. Damn sexy!

#1524 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

bad ass car hopefully it helps drive down the price of a used hellcat.

I believe it will..

#1530 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm not just making this shit up. Motor Trend clocked a bone stock P100D at 2.28 seconds:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/07/tesla-model-s-p100d-scores-2-28-second-0-60-mph-time-in-new-motor-trend-test/

While it's splitting hairs, I'd take the NHRA certified time over the magazine's test
equipment. Either way that's shitting and getting!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived?tu=roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.