FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metahugh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I was cumming

Autocorrect ? . We know what you type often LOL.

After reading this thread I'm going to test drive a 2015 Challenger RT Plus tomorrow. Would love the scat pack or hell cat but can't afford either. Will see how it turns out.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on a 16 STi but not happy it's got the exact same engine that was in the car 8 years ago.

#771 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'll probably wait to see if the 2017 model will have the FA engine in it before buying an STI.

I agree with that approach. I really wanted an STI in March of this year but stopped short of getting one because the local dealer wanted more than $41k and I didn't see the value at that price. My local dealer is now telling me I can get one for $39k but for me going over $40k with everything included is more than I want to spend.

I read some of the Mitsu bashing earlier in this thread and I have had the direct opposite experience with their performance vehicles. I've personally had 7-8 of them over the years with no major problems. My previous car was on 03 Evo that I had for more than five years and I had great luck with it. I think owning the Evo is what makes me want the STI.

I had made a stand that I wasn't going to buy a Dodge because of the bailout but I find myself drifting back to them as a brand. My dad owned a Dodge dealership in the 80's/90's when I was growing up so I have a soft spot for the brand. I really wish I could buy a brand new Stealth right now!!

#772 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Good luck man, I think you will like it. Take it out on the highway for sure!

Thanks I can't wait!!

#775 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Probably doesn't matter at this point since it sounds like you will go a different direction, but if you do decide to come back to getting an STI you should consider getting a quote from Heuberger Motors in Colorado. They are the number 1 Subaru dealer in the U.S. and their prices really can't be beat, even if you have to pay to have the car shipped when it comes in.
Sign up at IWSTI.com forum and give them your membership name for the best price possible.
As far as Mitsubishi and the EVO, it's pretty much a complete non starter for me since the EVO is dead, and Mitsubishi as a whole might disappear from the U.S. altogether. Not to mention the fact that the interior of the EVO is not even remotely as nice as the one in the STI.
I've driven EVO's in the past and was very impressed with the car. The handling of the AWD is something you don't forget, as its quite unique. This is the reason that I had the STI on my short list to begin with.

Thanks for the info!

Re: Mitsu, I agree I wouldn't buy one now based on what I see is their lack of commitment to the U.S., I was mainly referring to the comments about them being unreliable.

#786 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm going to test drive a 2012 Lexus IS F today. Seems to fit the bill.

Messages_Image1777872268.png

Cool car too bad they don't make it in a manual.

#795 8 years ago

So I just got back from test driving a 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Sublime green. What I loved:

1. The green paint
2. The exhaust note
3. The wheels and tires

And what I didn't:

1. The car is huge. I feel like I am driving a late 80's Lincoln Town Car
2. Not much rear seat space
3. Not a lot of head room. My head was hitting the ceiling.

Its not a bad car but I just wasn't excited to drive it. I'm now back in the mode of wanting an STI. I test drove a 2015 STI Limited earlier this year and I was ear to ear grinning. I think that is just the type of car I like. I like technology and turbos.

That being said I am also thinking about a 2016 SS Camaro

#796 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Here you go S-Class Maybach.
(Fun fact: at 5308 lbs S600 Maybach TT V12, eighteen feet long weighs less than the Hellcat)
image.jpg

Those seats remind me too much of baby seats.

#804 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That's the baby motor. Should've tried the 6.2L Supercharged or 6.4L. Either way, probably not the car for you if you prefer the smaller turbo charged stuff.

I wanted to drive the scat pack but the cheapest one they had was $48k.

Quoted from Toasterdog:

Why test drive the R/T if you are considering the SS?

I was hoping I would fall in love with it. Green is my favorite color

Quoted from Toasterdog:

You couldn't have had the seat all the way down. I'm 6'3 and have a ton of room. I've mastered the Gangster Lean though...no sitting behind me, lol.

The seat was all the way back and as low as I could get it. I don't like the seat back laying down. I've definitely not perfected the gangster lean .

The car I drove did have the sunroof.

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

how tall are you? I'm 6'5" with a long torso (short legs for my height) and I have ample headroom in the challenger. Did you have the seat all the way up (not forward, but up)? Don't even look at the camaro. It's too cramped for me to even take a test drive, much less get anyone in the back seat with me driving. Same with the mustang.

6'3". Maybe I had the seat back too far forward. I have to mention it wasn't as much my head hitting as it was my hair

#814 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Rob, get a cpo m3. Where else can you get 450+ hp and 30 hwy mpg? (I've gotten higher than 30 but I was in stop and go for a bit this morning)image.jpeg

I would LOVE to get an M3. Beautiful car with great lines.

#864 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Also, for any Challenger / Charger people out there thinking of getting there hood's wrapped. Important note...make sure they remove the vents and wrap over the creases. As I was going around my car taking photos while she was on the tow, I noticed the wrap now has a seem between the black and the vents, creating a white line. Looks bad. Already contacted the company who did it and they are going to reimburse me (since they are in Pittsburgh). Have to get the hood wrapped again. No biggie, just annoying.
I'll say this...I sort of don't mind time away from her as she burns about $50 worth of fuel a day with spirited driving. I got bills to pay

IMG_2813_1.jpg IMG_2817_1.jpg IMG_2812_1.jpg IMG_2816_1.jpg

I give you a lot of credit for wrapping the hood vs painting it. You can put it back to stock easily. This may become a collectible car someday, it would be a shame to make a permanent modification. Actually even if it's not collectible I'm not a fan of mods that aren't reversible.

#868 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You can order the Hellcat with a black hood from the factory.

Yes but his car was ordered with the white hood so painting it would make it un-original.

Replacing it would not longer make it a factory car. Can you tell I don't modify my cars?

#918 8 years ago

So I'm having a hard time choosing my next car. I'm all over the map at the moment. This past weekend I test drove a BMW 228i. I love the size and I like the quality of the vehicle. I tried to tell myself that the power it had was enough. Then I drove the M235i. WOW. Great sounding car with the TT 6 cylinder. I love the adjustable suspension. Then I saw the price tag. Almost $50k.

Although I would love the M235i I can't see spending that much for it. So that leaves me with other cars mentioned in this thread. I'm still wishy washy with the STi. I got a great price quote from an out of state dealer but I can't pull the trigger. I have also been thinking about a 2016 JCW Mini. But it's not as fast as the other cars I have looked at.

I've even thought about a mustang but I agree that it's kind of a girls car. This is probably the most frustrated I have ever been when trying to find a car. I wish I could live with an automatic since that would blow my search wide open but I can't. I guess I keep on driving the old beater Camry for a while longer

#930 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I plan on keeping her for a while. Living in NYC I don't even need a car really. I'd love to add a winter / AWD car to the mix eventually. Something fun that I can just beat on.
When I was growing up we got new cars ever 2-3 years. Mainly because my dad's a car freak and gets bored quickly. I don't have his impatience or his income

I blame my dad too

I drove a 2016 Mustang GT at lunch today. Not sure it's my style but man it's quick. Love the Shaker sound system.

#932 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That's funny, cause I ate a 2015 GT for lunch up Raton Pass in New Mexico not too long ago. He started it, all proud and full vigor. He was understandably deflated and would not look my way at the top lol. I guess he listened to the magazine racers out there who said the Challenger is a fat, slow pig. Cute car for a girl though. 0927151414~2.jpg

Which model Challenger do you have?

#933 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm curious where you live. if you're in a snowy climate like me in MD, (I know it's not Fargo but we get snow), then I really like the WRX or STi
I am not a fan of FWD cars (only one that interests me in the least is the GTi).
I believe the Mini is just too small (for me), plus any power going into the front wheels will cause wheel slip.
I've owned two BMWs. One was forgettable Z3 which I'd rather not talk about. The other was a 07 M3 which was a great car, but not great in the snow so I needed a dedicated snow car (so now you're talking two cars). Also, I'm not saying every BMW, but every BMW which I owned has been to the dealership several times (or more) and once out of warranty can be hella-expensive. My friend also has a 2011 M3 which he never did anything with except routine driving. It was under warranty but one day the engine just went to hell. The dealership replaced it free (as it was under warranty) but if it has been off warranty it would have been ten thousand dollars or more.
So, I will never buy another BMW as long as I live. My friends lease them and they have no problem because they are always covered, but to own one out of warranty is not for me.
** I understand any car has the potential to cost money after it's off warranty, but I've heard bad things about European cars in general and my experience with BMW is not good**
I would lean towards the WRX or the STi is what I am thinking for my next car. I believe they both are great and while the STi is more hard edged and stiffer might be overkill. I think either is fine, I might get a base WRX or a base STi (if I can delete the rear wing).
I own a basic Subaru Legacy wagon which is 9 years old and has not had a stich of trouble (just basic stuff like battery and belts and spark plugs). MY Legacy is nothing to write home about, but it's the best car I've driven in snow. Including many SUVs. The only advantage given to the SUVs is in deep snow where the ground clearance of a car becomes an issue.

Thanks for your post! I'm not knocking off the STi from the list just yet. I won't see any snow here in Texas.

I want something relatively unique so knowing that a JCW Mini or an STi would be more unique than a Mustang or Challenger which are everywhere.

I had thought about a used M3 but I would be looking at something that is 4-5 years old to be within the budget.

I had an 84 318i BITD and it had its share of minor problems, most annoying being those door switches to shut off the interior lights. That was a bad design.

#937 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

2011SRT 392 6 speed. Awesome highway car for sure!

Very cool. Although I think the guy with the mustang was nuts to try and beat an SRT Challenger.

#944 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

The hellcat ain't exactly a Prius

Nope but at least you can fit more than two people. I wanted a two seater but I was denied

2 weeks later
#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Thanks for your post! I'm not knocking off the STi from the list just yet. I won't see any snow here in Texas.
I want something relatively unique so knowing that a JCW Mini or an STi would be more unique than a Mustang or Challenger which are everywhere.
I had thought about a used M3 but I would be looking at something that is 4-5 years old to be within the budget.
I had an 84 318i BITD and it had its share of minor problems, most annoying being those door switches to shut off the interior lights. That was a bad design.

Quoting myself... An update to my search progress. I decided against the STi for various reasons. Decided to put a deposit down on the 2016 Focus RS. Got duped by a dealer who is taking orders for retail cars and not for allocations. I didn't realize this until two weeks after the order books opened for it and pretty much every dealer is out. Now I'm most likely not getting that either.

I think I just need to keep driving my beater until mid next year and see what shakes out. Buying a car is frustrating.

#1050 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why'd you rule out the STi? I was thinking of either STi or WRX, lots of things I like about the STi except rear wing which I think I can delete, also disappointed the carryover engine. Which might make me think of the WRX but I like the sporty features on the STi more.
I've not thought as much regarding the Focus, how is that better than the STi in your opinion?

I guess the only real advantage of the RS over the STi is the engine. It's relatively new with higher output. The primary reason why I ruled out the STi was the old carryover engine.

Actually I just today decided to skip the RS as well. Being misled so much by the ford dealer I chose to deal with has really killed my enthusiasm for the car. I guess that means I didn't *really* want it.

Now I have no backup plan. I'm going to buy another pinball machine next year instead.

#1052 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Guys, let's be honest here. Nobody is skipping the RS, it's impossible to get one. I've heard from journalist who have driven it that the car is AMAZING. The STi is great, but the RS is just better all around.
Ford is definitely fucking up the launch of the RS and GT350 big time. They made a car EVERYONE can afford and made it available to no one. And the dealer markups are out of this world.
With that in mind, just wait a bit. They are gonna make a lot more RS' in 2016. Put a deposit down with a dealer who will guarantee MSRP and wait.

Warning, this is long

The problem is with the dealers. Ford takes a lot of the blame as well but I primarily blame the dealers. The order banks for the RS opened on the 12th of October. I was there at 8:30 in the morning with a deposit in hand because the Saturday prior the salesman I had been dealing with emailed me to say that he, unlike other dealers, was accepting orders at MSRP. Here is his initial email to me:

Hugh,

Information was just released to us yesterday, scanned and copied the 2016 ORDER GUIDE information so that you could see what they are offering on the 2016 Focus RS & Focus RS 2 as far as colors and wheels and other options.

We are accepting orders for these vehicles as I understand from General Manager we already have 2 orders in place this morning. The actual Ford Motor Company Order Bank will not accept orders till Monday the 12th.

We are accepting orders at MSRP PRICING and not charging the MARKET ADJUSTMENT PRICE as we have heard other dealers are doing.

In the event you decide to follow through on an order call me and let me know how you want it built and I can price it for you, and better yet if you decide to order it come in sit down and we can go from there.

Please call me at 555-555-5555 any other questions.

Signed Salesman's Name

So based on this email I went in and we filled out an online form with the configuration of my car. The salesman didn't have an official order form for me to fill out since the order banks weren't opened yet so he had me sign the configuration form. He told me that the orders would be submitted at 10:30AM when the bank officially opened. So I left a deposit (check) and left the dealer. I was told that I was the third person in line and my order was good to go.

The rest of the week the salesman was out of the office but he was responding to email. I didn't take into consideration the whole Allocation/Retail order aspect at the time of my visit on the 12th but I was told via email that my order was part of their allocation. I waited two weeks and this past Monday I decided that I needed to head into the dealer. Everything I have been reading online since placing my order has stated that dealers received their allocations at the beginning of October and if they don't know their allocations now they aren't getting any. Plus another individual in my area has an order @ MSRP confirmed at a different dealer which was already submitted to the order bank.

Armed with all of this information I went in to find out what was going on this past Monday. The saleman brought me to the sales manager and he could care less about what I had found out or that another dealer already knows their allocations. He told me there was no sense in submitting any of the orders now since they will just sit there until their allocations are known. The salesman tried to apologize and proceeded to tell me that they technically didn't have my money since they didn't cash my check. That should have been my sign to ask for my deposit back right then and there but I foolishly held out hope that I would get a car. He even said to me that maybe I should place a concurrent order with another dealer just to ensure that I got a car. Desire definitely is a blinding force!

I have been reflecting on my experience quite a bit since placing my order and just last night I came to a conclusion: I shouldn't have to be fighting this hard to give a company this much money. I'm headed into the dealer today to ask for my check. I'm done. I am trying to think of the correct format to send this to Ford in because I think they need to fully understand how they are sabotaging themselves. Other companies have performed pre-orders with cars, Volkswagen (with the Golf R) and Mazda (With the Miata) so it is completely possible to process a pre-order successfully. It's very safe to say that I won't be buying a Ford anytime in the future.

Quoted from kaneda:

With that in mind, just wait a bit. They are gonna make a lot more RS' in 2016. Put a deposit down with a dealer who will guarantee MSRP and wait.

Regarding this point, you can't trust a car dealer. Their guarantees of MSRP are not dependable. The 2016's are going to be gone, if you order now you will be getting a 2017 model.

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You really need to have a good relationship with the dealer and by that I mean spend a lot of money with the dealer.
I purchased a GT Heritage and now a 350R at MSRP because I have purchased countless Expeditions and Explorers from the same guy. Nobody off the street is going to purchase a one of the hot models at MSRP.

That definitely works but realistically not everyone buys lots of cars. Mine typically last between 3-6 years depending on whether or not I am happy

I went to the Ford dealer yesterday and picked up my deposit check. I had to wait 30 minutes! Five hours later I got a call from my local VW dealer, they have a Golf R arriving in November. I originally wanted a R when I started shopping this past March. I am trying to decide today if I want to put a deposit on it tomorrow, the dealer is closed today. Or do I wait to see what next year brings? All I know if my wife wants me to complete this purchase sometime really soon, she is tired of hearing me complain about the process LOL

#1060 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I can't tell you how many times I've told someone at a business "I'm just trying to give you money, why are you making it so hard."
Sorry you got jerked around, seems all too commonplace these days.

Thanks . Trying to be zen about it.

8 months later
#1201 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wash your mouth out.
No mistaking this thing.
rd

Nice car! It's too bad you can't buy one with a manual tranny.

#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

why would he want his car to be slower?

I like the mechanical feel of a manual. Just pushing buttons does nothing for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metahugh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived?tu=metahugh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.