FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GGG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1074 8 years ago

Pretty ironic, saw your posr and just got a PCP A8 HC this weekend myself. Sold my Gen 1 Viper that I had for 17 years a few weeks ago and had severe Mopar withdrawl...and let me say the HC makes the Viper feel quite timid. Similar tastes in pinball I also see. Step up and get that HC, the new interior is a huge upgrade over my current 2009 SE daily driver and the new SRT tech is absolutely crazy insane for the $$$. These cars quite possibly will never happen again. The supercharger whine itself simply puts a smile on my face, foregoing feeling the constant need to push the SC. I expect the Teslas to be around for quite some time in new iterations, plenty of time to go in that direction...

Quoted from pezpunk:

Very, very nearly pulled the trigger on a plum crazy purple Hellcat yesterday. I've got a plum crazy SRT challenger right now, and I absolutely adore the color and I get compliments every time I drive it. As cool as the hellcat is, I couldn't quite justify it to myself, plus it really would be pretty darn similar to my current ride (although the new interior is a tremendous upgrade, how often would I really get to appreciate the 707hp vs my current 450 or whatever). My next car will probably be a Tesla at this point.

1 month later
#1104 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

P90D (and p85) for that matter are significantly faster than your 707 horses and do so being able to go around corners and not rattle your fillings loose. Ohh and it's not cheapy plastic interior bits too.
I'll take tech over talk any day

The whole point about the retro muscle cars is the visceral feel and harkening back to the cars of your youth (My 1st car was a 1970 Challenger). Hell, my teeth even rattle when I start my Hellcat, that fast idle brings attention from everyone and everything in the vicinity! (Oops I kinda sound like Kaneda). When an electric car starts, nothing happens except maybe the Energizer bunny does a dance on the display...whee!

I used to be involved in Unlimited Hydroplane racing when the boats used Rolls & Allison 16 cylinder WWII aircraft engines, they called them "Thunderboats". Nothing quite like the sound and experience of 6 of them roaring by. Now they use Lycoming turbine hellicopter engines, they are now nicknamed hairdryers and the sport is pretty much dead.

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Coming from German cars, anything coming out of Chrysler feels like an interior designer by Mattel. Everything is plasticky.
An bottom of the line Audi A3 has a nicer interior than just about any American car. Not to mention it will probably go 250-300k miles with basic maintenance. I wouldn't own that hellcat past warranty. You will pay 20% of its value yearly just to keep it on the road.

Plasticky, smashticky....The latest Challenger interior is almost as nice as my wife's new E350, with the exception of the Challenger's U-Connect. IT is night and day bigger & better than any German Nav/Display that I've seen, along with better phone & app integration and of course the SRT performance pages options.

You sound like a bean counter worried more about money & depreciation who has never turned a wrench in their life. Auto enthusiasts buy cars for sport & fun, not a fine "Corinthian" leather couch to primp around in. (Intended pun on Chrysler).

When my 7 year max care warranty is up on my Hellcat, (maybe even before it's over), I plan on upping the pulleys and custom tuning that baby, because trust me, there is a lot of untapped potential there that is still available...this is what we car enthusiasts do...

BTW, I have never seen an Audi go more than 100k without a boatload of ca$h spent on misc electronics, trim pieces, emissions, etc., let alone 250-300k, lol. I'll stick with Mercedes for that function. My 15yo will soon be driving my trusty old W124 with over 200k still going strong.

#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Glad I have never turned a wrench before as someone else has posted. LOL. I love the mopar guys getting butt hurt. The car is nothing more than an engine. It goes fast in a pin straight line and nothing else. Take it to a real track where there are you know.. Any idiot can make a car go fast in a straight line.

In fact the ONLY car with more HP to go around the ring faster was the bugatti veyron and its north of 1000.
For me the true test of engineering is how fast you can go negotiating turns. Straight line speed is something you expect from shade tree mechanics in a garage. Means nothing to those who don't "live life a quarter mile at a time".

Ohh, I'm sorry I meant tool, not wrench. LOL.
There is always "that guy" on any forum stirring the pot for no apparent reason, diarrhea keyboarding, trying to be the "car police".

I'm glad we know your locale. I would not want to be anywhere near NY, let alone with Kaneda driving and with you trying to navigate turns well past the limit because thats your "thing" with your superior cornering cars. Simply take it to the track!

My Hellcat just replaced my Gen 1 Viper that I owned for over 16 years. It was just not safe on the street to me anymore, no airbags trac control, etc. It also became budensome to me to take it my road track, so bye bye Viper, hello Hellcat. You know, theres this thing called the NHRA, its catching on. Cars just happen to go in a straight line and maybe, might be just as fun, if not more than the SCCA. Why dont you show up there and teach us how your shade tree straight line car will dominate. Also, please let us in on what's in your stable so we can better understand where all of this random information is coming from?

#1131 7 years ago

Well Drenden, I guess we really do have something in common. Not your Doctor's cars, but my 500E was also built by VW 22 years ago, but in Zuffenhausen.

10 months later
#1527 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I could be wrong, but I believe the Tesla Model S P100D with the latest software update may be even slightly faster off the line than the Demon.

And my wife has a Kitchen-Aid blender with slightly higher RPM's than the Tesla Model S...but I could be wrong...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GGG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived?tu=GGG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.