FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'm also waiting for the trackhawk Cherokee to come out. Rumor is all wheel drive but their blowing up the front ends I hear. Power is only 65% out back and 35% to the front in all wheel drive. If they don't solve the issue rumor was it will be rear wheel drive only.. But 700hp all wheel drive trackhawk will be the baddest suv out there. $85k sticker

I have to believe they will solve it...otherwise it's just an uglier hellcat charger. Noone is going to pay 65k for 2wd jeep, hellcat or no. I'd heard the price was more like 65k than 85k. I don't think anyone really knows right now...even the dealerships are in the dark.

#303 8 years ago

I paid $30k for my used BMW 5 series. I'm not about to pay double or more for a Jeep, Hellcat or not.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I have to believe they will solve it...otherwise it's just an uglier hellcat charger. Noone is going to pay 65k for 2wd jeep, hellcat or no. I'd heard the price was more like 65k than 85k. I don't think anyone really knows right now...even the dealerships are in the dark.

Then Porsche will just reprogram the ECU in their Cayenne Turbo S to shave off another .4 sec as it's AWD system has proven itself to be reliable.

Only difference between it and the proposed Hellcat Jeep is about an additional $80-90k. Speed costs; how fast are you willing to spend?

With the Euro being weak, Cayenne's are a screaming buy. I kinda prefer the Porsche interior over what Fiat Chrysler has in their Jeeps and Challengers though. But that's just me.

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I paid $30k for my used BMW 5 series. I'm not about to pay double or more for a Jeep, Hellcat or not.

That's what I love about German cars, 50% price reduction in 2-3 years. Except for the M6 series and the Audi R8

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I thought you drove an Acura

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That's what I love about German cars, 50% price reduction in 2-3 years. Except for the M6 series and the Audi R8

I had driven a Honda Accord before this BMW, and when I was looking at new Accords I was shocked at how much they want for them. I started looking around and I found this 3 year old 528i with X-Drive for right under $30k, like $10-15k cheaper than a new Accord. There was no contest.

I'm in the car at least 2 hours a day, so I just wanted something comfortable and quiet. It's got enough power to have some fun with, but nothing like these cars you guys are talking about.

Quoted from robertmee:

I thought you drove an Acura

I will own that model of NSX one day.

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Speed costs; how fast are you willing to spend?

Speed alone doesn't cost that much. I can build a stage II buick that'll do 9s 1/4s and blow the doors off anything for 25k. Speed with creature comforts and a warranty...yes that costs

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I have had a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST for almost two years (10/17/2013 delivery date) and haven't had any issues. What types of issues have the Fiesta ST's been having?
Gord

I honestly can't recall what the issues were offhand. I do remember seeing a comparison in one of the big, allegedly "independent" magazines (consumer reports) and I remember than stating the ST variants were 250% more likely to have a problem than the other cars in it's category. I seem to recall something regarding losing oiling to the turbo being a failure point in these? I'd have to dig through the internet some more.

Quoted from RobT:

Congrats! That's awesome. I know guys who ordered back in November of 2014 and they never got their Hellcat. Now they are in line for a 2016.

wow. my buddy got his in 3 months and he ordered in June.

#310 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I had driven a Honda Accord before this BMW, and when I was looking at new Accords I was shocked at how much they want for them. I started looking around and I found this 3 year old 528i with X-Drive for right under $30k, like $10-15k cheaper than a new Accord.

45K for an Accord? Wow, I didn't know they went for that much.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

A fully loaded accord sedan is 35k msrp. Even if you bought the oem add on chrome 19's that only adds 1800. So definitely not 45k

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The thought of having more than 700hp on an AWD vehicle is extremely appealing. But putting it in the Grand Cherokee SRT is obviously going to cost more than $65k.

The starting MSRP for the current Grand Cherokee SRT is already $65k. So add the Hellcat motor and the new 8 speed tranny, I'm thinking you will be getting close to $80k pretty quickly. That's twice the cost of the Focus RS.

#313 8 years ago

The Focus RS will only come in 4 colors: black, white, grey, or supersonic blue. Black is out (I've had my share of black cars, and they just aren't worth the trouble of maintaining). I still can't decide if I like the blue. The Grey looks pretty nice.

Messages_Image1954775931.pngMessages_Image1954775931.png
Messages_Image2033054357.pngMessages_Image2033054357.png
Messages_Image1026147800.pngMessages_Image1026147800.png
Messages_Image1220800265.pngMessages_Image1220800265.png

#314 8 years ago

I'd go grey out of that. I've never been a fan of those 'Merican bold colors...didn;t even hold my attention with the Subaru "Hyperblue."

a-hyper_blue_stibrz.jpga-hyper_blue_stibrz.jpg

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yeah, it's not 45k, my memory failed me.

Like pinchroma says, it was about $35k. My BMW Was $27k, so $8k less.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The Focus RS will only come in 4 colors: black, white, grey, or supersonic blue. Black is out (I've had my share of black cars, and they just aren't worth the trouble of maintaining). I still can't decide if I like the blue. The Grey looks pretty nice.
Messages_Image1954775931.png
Messages_Image2033054357.png
Messages_Image1026147800.png
Messages_Image1220800265.png

Nice car. I think you have to go with the grey or white. The blue is a little much.

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Messages_Image1954775931.png
Messages_Image2033054357.png
Messages_Image1026147800.png
Messages_Image1220800265.png

The grey looks pretty sweet.

#318 8 years ago

Those focus are cute

I hear you on the black cars...unfortunately that's the only color mine came in . Of the options you have I'd concur the grey is the best.

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Those focus are cute

The funny thing with your statement is the fact that, if anything, the Focus RS is disappointingly "big" in terms of weight. It's going to be about 3500 pounds, which is 1500 pounds heavier than my Lotus was, 650 pounds heavier than my Porsche Spyder, and 700 pounds heavier than my RX-7.

I know that AWD system will add weight, but that car should be lighter than it is.

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Ha the srt Cherokee is already 65k so the trackhawk 700hp will be at least $10k more...
All this waiting got me flustered... I think I'm driving to buy a 93 gmc typhoon this weekend...

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ha the srt Cherokee is already 65k so the trackhawk 700hp will be at least $10k more...

Yep!

Quoted from RobT:

The starting MSRP for the current Grand Cherokee SRT is already $65k. So add the Hellcat motor and the new 8 speed tranny, I'm thinking you will be getting close to $80k pretty quickly.

#323 8 years ago

Is the Focus RS only available in stick, or can you get it in automatic?

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is the Focus RS only available in stick, or can you get it in automatic?

It will only be available in stick, when it's available next spring.

People on the Focus forums believe that it will be available in limited supply, and ADM's will apply.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I will own that model of NSX one day.

I should have your screen name.

nsx7_zpsurmjzsk8.jpgnsx7_zpsurmjzsk8.jpg

#326 8 years ago

I'm liking the new Miata

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's going to be about 3500 pounds,

Holy crap! That's roughly the same weight as my ATS.

#328 8 years ago

Liking the Blue RS, but costs about the same as a new GT.....Of course in the RS I could fit the whole family

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Holy crap! That's roughly the same weight as my ATS.

Yeah, I am really surprised (and turned off) by the weight of the RS.

345 hp from a 4 banger is very impressive, but it would be put to much better use if the car was a lot lighter.

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

nsx7_zpsurmjzsk8.jpg

Sweet!

Winston Wolfe drove a '92. What are the extra intakes on the side skirt of yours? Brake cooling?

#331 8 years ago

Mine is a '91. Aftermarket side skirts...mostly for looks.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine is a '91. Aftermarket side skirts...mostly for looks.

Well, it is gorgeous! That's for sure.

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, I am really surprised (and turned off) by the weight of the RS.
345 hp from a 4 banger is very impressive, but it would be put to much better use if the car was a lot lighter.

That's a lot of wieght in something like that.

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

nsx7_zpsurmjzsk8.jpg

I love those but have steered away from them as I never thought that the power was there to back-up the look. How expensive are they to upgrade to at least be competitive with a C6 corvette or a new 5.0 Mustang?

#335 8 years ago

An intriguing alternative to the Focus RS might be the 2016 Mercedes GLA45 AMG. The HP on the new model has been bumped up to 375, and I believe it will have some new features as well.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I love those but have steered away from them as I never thought that the power was there to back-up the look. How expensive are they to upgrade to at least be competitive with a C6 Corvette or a new 5.0 Mustang?

Do you mean track competitive, or straight line/HP competitive? I would guess the NSX would fare well against a stock 2015 at the track, but may struggle in a quarter mile.

Against the Corvette.....Probably a suspension rework and at least a Turbo as well as building the motor to handle the boost to make it close.

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

An intriguing alternative to the Focus RS might be the 2016 Mercedes GLA45 AMG. The HP on the new model has been bumped up to 375, and I believe it will have some new features as well.

The problem for me with the Mercedes is that I don't care for the looks, and it will be around $15k or more than the RS.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The problem for me with the Mercedes is that I don't care for the looks, and it will be around $15k or more than the RS.

I can see where someone might not like the look of the GLA45. I thought it was kind of ugly at first, but it has grown on me over time. The car will almost certainly have a much nicer interior than the Ford, though.

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Plus it will come with a slush box. Who the hell wants that?

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

All this waiting got me flustered... I think I'm driving to buy a 93 gmc typhoon this weekend...

I have the syclone...you'll love the typhoon...be sure to check out the sy/ty boards.

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Plus it will come with a slush box. Who the hell wants that?

And the one that's in there now has received really bad reviews.

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And the one that's in there now has received really bad reviews.

Most of the AMG "speedshift" trannys are terrible. The one in my E63 made the drive cringeworthy. If that car didn't tank in value i would have dumped it earlier. Worst piece of crap I have ever driven.

#343 8 years ago

Went to price out a Focus RS today. It's a tick over $40,000. Didn't realize it was so heavy, but it's got some decent power. Should be a blast to drive. I'd also test drive the Subbie STi...heard the new one is amazing. The subbie needs 400bhp.

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'd also test drive the Subbie STi...heard the new one is amazing. The subbie needs 400bhp.

Powerwise it's not that much more amazing than a WRX, well, not 8K more IMO. Obviously the inside is a lot more fancy, but to be honest it didn't seem like a "blow me away" difference like there used to be. When they switch the STi over to the newer FA engine that will probably change. But using the same engine as 11 years ago, when the HP was 227/305, compared to now 268/305.

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Went to price out a Focus RS today. It's a tick over $40,000. Didn't realize it was so heavy, but it's got some decent power. Should be a blast to drive. I'd also test drive the Subbie STi...heard the new one is amazing. The subbie needs 400bhp.

I don't need/want leather, so it prices out to exactly $38k for me. The weight is a turn off for sure, just doesn't seem like this type of car should way that much.

Sti is a car I need to look into a little more, but my wife doesn't like the looks of them at all. And yes, her opinion counts.

I'm open to any other suggestions for cars that I should consider. I'm actually pretty open in terms of what direction I will go. The RS is appealing because it's a sporty car with 4 doors that comes in at less than $40k.

What about the EVO? Is it disappearing altogether?

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What about the EVO? Is it disappearing altogether?

Dead...believe 2015 last year. I never much trusted Mitsu quality, but I am a Subaru guy so it's probably just bias.

EDIT: Of course with Subaru, stash away some monies for new clutches. I guess I could just not drive like an asshole but then what's the point really.

You can get the STi without the big wing...but sounds like she probably dislikes more than that.

#347 8 years ago

Check out a few of the STis. I really prefer the 2013 model for the sedan as far as aesthetics go. The hatch model also offers another look for you to run past your wife. I really wish they would have gone with something closer to the proto 2014 than the actual release... Ive attached an image of the proto.

I watched a video of Ken Block driving the RS, and I wasn't all that impressed. It didn't look to me like it carried it's weight well, and if he can't put out a video that makes it look fun, I'm sure it underwhelms in the hands of mortals.

sti_concept.jpgsti_concept.jpg

#348 8 years ago

Wow! That proto of the STi looks sweet. Too bad that it doesn't look more like that. I'd be seriously interested.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I watched a video of Ken Block driving the RS, and I wasn't all that impressed. It didn't look to me like it carried it's weight well, and if he can't put out a video that makes it look fun, I'm sure it underwhelms in the hands of mortals.

Do you have a link?

AWD probably isn't going to make for exciting video as there isn't going to be much hanging of the tail.

Edit: found the video. Ive seen it before. I don't think you can tell much of anything from that.

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I really wish they would have gone with something closer to the proto

Don't we all. Been looking at threads with people suing LED tape in the headlights to get that look

#350 8 years ago

How come these get no love? They actually go around corners quite well instead of straight line only...and not so conspicuous..ss.jpgss.jpg

The Chevy SS 2016 will have a different engine than the Australian counterpart. It will use the same unit from the Corvette, meaning it will be a 6.2 liter V8 which will put out up to 420 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque which is right the average of its class. The engine will be mated either to a 6 speed automatic or a brand new 6 speed manual which will be newly introduced on it. The performance figures are expected to be quite good, with a top speed of at least 160 miles per hour and a 0 to 60 MPH time of less than 5 seconds for the automatic gearbox. The only drawback is that there is no all wheel drive system available but this isn’t that big of a deal considering the rear wheel drive system features a limited slip differential and electronic assists for bad weather driving.

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.