Quoted from n0s4atu:
Did they roll the $1200 into the monthly payment? If so, that's what $20 a month over 60 months? Best case scenario it's awesome. Worst case scenario it's not as advertised and you have one less latte from Starbucks every week for 5 years.
No, it's not from the dealer. You have to go to authorized CQuartz Finest installers. There are 3 near NYC...one is just 10 minutes from me. The entire process is a lot more intricate than what Rotordave posted. They are not just spraying on a $35 bottle of sealant. It's an entire paint correction, wet clay, multiple layers of sealant process that takes 3 days to do. Here are some after photos from others...and here is what they do...sounds like more than $35 worth of work
1. Tires are scrubbed with a degreasing agent to remove all dirt, road grime, and previously applied dressings.
2. Wheel faces, inner barrels, and lug nuts are deep cleaned and decontaminated using a pH neutral solution and a variety of task specific brushes.
3. Wheel wells are cleaned, degreased, rinsed, and treated with a conditioner to ease future cleaning.
4. Bug remains, tar, and road grime is treated with a strong, yet paint friendly cleanser.
5. A one step paint decontamination safely removes embedded iron particles.
6. License plates removed, for a more thorough cleaning.
7. The vehicle is foamed with a gentle citrus degreaser to help loosen and encapsulate dirt, and to remove any oils or waxes.
8. A proper full vehicle two bucket hand wash is performed using a pH neutral high lubricity shampoo, and then fully rinsed.
9. Vehicle is dried with plush premium microfiber drying towels, and a forced air blower to remove trapped water from tight spaces.
10. A claybar and lubricant are used to remove embedded contamination from the surface, completing the decontamination process.
11. Glass surfaces are cleaned of dirt and grime, a claybar is used to remove bonded contaminants.
12. Paint work is carefully inspected using a variety of high output lights to assess surface condition.
13. Vehicle paint is measured for thickness and uniformity using an electronic paint thickness gauge. This is necessary to ensure that the polishing process can be safely completed without compromising the paint surface.
14. All sensitive plastic, rubber, and vinyl trim is masked off to protect it from damage during the polishing process.
15. Two stage paintwork correction process is used to permanently remove oxidation, towel marks, holograms, water spots, moderate swirls, and light scratches. This will drastically improve the gloss and paint clarity, but is not sufficient to remove the deepest paint defects or scratches. The products used during this step will vary and are dialed in to create the best results on your specific vehicle’s finish. Note: In some cases, deeper defects may require a Stage Three detail to be completely removed.
16. Polycarbonate headlight and taillights lenses are polished to remove light swirls, improving gloss and shine.
17. The surface is wiped then wiped down with an alcohol based surface prep to remove any residual polishing oils. This improves the longevity of the applied paint sealant.
18. Three thick coats of CQuartz Finest is applied to the paint surface. Creating a super hydrophobic surface that resists dust, dirt, water, fine swirls, bird droppings, bug residue, and strong chemical cleaners. Warrantied durability for at least two years after application, with proper maintenance.
19. All plastic, rubber, and vinyl trim is cleaned and then treated with an extremely durable trim coating that lasts up to two years, and leaves a “like new” appearance.
20. Exterior glass surfaces are cleaned to a streak free finish.
21. Metal trim and exhaust tips are cleaned of carbon build up, polished by hand, and protected with a high temperature resistant metal coating that lasts up to two years.
22. Tires are dressed with a low gloss water based protectant for a fresh, natural look.
23. Wheels are finely cleaned with an alcohol based surface prep, then protected from brake dust and road grime with a glossy high temperature wheel coating that lasts up to two years, making wheel cleaning incredibly easy.