FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.
#1451 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Oh and the Tesla does fit a pinball machine in the back, by the way.

Sweet ride but I am going to have to go ahead and call BS on this statement. Let's see some measurements or a pic. I would love to be wrong on this.

#1452 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looks like Dodge wants a piece of the Ford Raptor pie:
» YouTube video
37 inch tires!

I also saw that the Durango will be getting the 6.4L SRT motor. Don't think it will get the full hellcat treatment....but still.

#1453 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Sweet ride but I am going to have to go ahead and call BS on this statement. Let's see some measurements or a pic. I would love to be wrong on this.

well, you would have to take off the head of most games, but if you do that, there is plenty of room. (does that still count? )

trunk (resized).jpegtrunk (resized).jpeg

it's about 80 inches from the back of the trunk to the back of the center console:

tape (resized).jpegtape (resized).jpeg
80 inches (resized).jpeg80 inches (resized).jpeg
height (resized).jpegheight (resized).jpeg

there is about 28 inches of headroom for a length of about 60 inches, after which the back end begins to taper off towards the rear. any headless cab could fit with lots of room to spare (a cab is only like 24"x54" without the head ... width isn't an issue). the rear seats fold down a bit flatter than shown when there is weight on them. the head could then go in the passenger seat, or it might fit wedged beside the cab, or between the front and rear seats.

(there's also more storage area under the hood since there's no engine under there, but not enough space for a head)

#1454 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

well, you would have to take off the head of most games, but if you do that, there is plenty of room. (does that still count? )

it's about 80 inches from the back of the trunk to the back of the center console:

there is about 28 inches of headroom for a length of about 60 inches, after which the back end begins to taper off towards the rear. any headless cab could fit with lots of room to spare (a cab is only like 24"x54" without the head ... width isn't an issue). the rear seats fold down a bit flatter than shown when there is weight on them. the head could then go in the passenger seat, or it might fit wedged beside the cab, or between the front and rear seats.
(there's also more storage area under the hood since there's no engine under there, but not enough space for a head)

hey not bad! thx for following up. very cool i agree with your assessment!

#1455 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I also saw that the Durango will be getting the 6.4L SRT motor. Don't think it will get the full hellcat treatment....but still.

My buddy has a SRT-10, and that is one helluva fast pin hauler

#1456 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Yeah I've seen that video.
Dragtimes humps the Teslas for content constantly.
As you'll notice the Huracan didn't launch and the Tesla jumped. Takes forever to run it down due to that.
Here's a Tesla losing to an M4 from a roll and you're telling me a Huracan is going to have trouble?
» YouTube video
Here's a P85D vs. an Aventador that doesn't give the Tesla the jump. It's over after second gear as the Lambo pulls bus lengths:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=0e-jquwHKtI
Also, if you think you're taking Lamborghini's down you're buying into hype and kidding yourself: http://www.boostaddict.com/content.php?7002-Will-Heffner-Concede-UGR-has-the-first-7-second-Huracan-and-the-new-overall-Lamborghini-Huracan-world-record-7-807-187-80
Nice car and a great achievement for the future of electric drivetrains but a Lambo killer it is not.

I have a Tesla P85D and a McLaren 570S.

I've also driven the new P100D (w/ Ludicrous)

Sure the Tesla is fast off the line, but after 60MPH the car gets slower and slower and the feeling of acceleration rapidly declines. It's also a heavy pig in the corners and simply not "fun" to drive, which is why autopilot is a big selling point.

My 570S might not beat my Tesla off the line, but from a roll and just about anywhere else it's an absolute beast.. 0-125MPH in 9 seconds and just wants to go even faster. The violent acceleration only gets crazier and more insane as the speedometer climbs. It's what a true "supercar" acceleration feels like.

Although I'm a Tesla owner, I'm not a Tesla fanboy as I'm a gear head through and through. The sound of a proper exhaust and acceleration as the revs climb will always be so much better then my Tesla's quiet electric motors. But it's a great grocery getter.. just tired of people thinking it's "faster" then super cars when it is only quick off the line and handles like shit, and could never last more then a minute on a race track before getting too hot.

#1457 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

... just tired of people thinking it's "faster" then super cars when it is only quick off the line and handles like shit, and could never last more then a minute on a race track before getting too hot.

I'm guessing only a very small percentage of Tesla owners have any interest in taking their cars to the track.

#1458 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm guessing only a very small percentage of Tesla owners have any interest in taking their cars to the track.

True, but most act as if it could still be a 'supercar killer' even on a track. Even on the street, driving a Tesla is a sterile and boring feeling compared to a true super car. It gets tiring hearing that, because its only quick off the line for a couple of seconds. 0-60 times is such a small metric of performance to gauge a car by, yet Tesla acts as if its the only metric that matters. Maybe to some people, but definitely not me. It's a great car and I love it, but it is no supercar killer in any way.

#1459 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

True, but most act as if it could still be a 'supercar killer' even on a track. Even on the street, driving a Tesla is a sterile and boring feeling compared to a true super car. It gets tiring hearing that, because its only quick off the line for a couple of seconds. 0-60 times is such a small metric of performance to gauge a car by, yet Tesla acts as if its the only metric that matters. Maybe to some people, but definitely not me. It's a great car and I love it, but it is no supercar killer in any way.

all i said was it will beat a Lamborghini (and indeed any other non-modified car) at a stoplight, and that is the truth. it runs a 10.7 quarter mile (faster than a stock Hellcat) so it's not like it is slow after the first 2 seconds. i was also the first to say it's not a track car. it's built to be a daily driver, unlike any of the supercars you are talking about.

i kinda feel like people are moving the goalposts bringing up laps at a track or acceleration over 100mph.

#1461 7 years ago

Tesla, as quick as it is, is still a car that has no character.

#1462 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Tesla, as quick as it is, is still a car that has no character.

Tesla's have character, it's just a completely different more modern character.

#1463 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

all i said was it will beat a Lamborghini (and indeed any other non-modified car) at a stoplight, and that is the truth. it runs a 10.7 quarter mile (faster than a stock Hellcat) so it's not like it is slow after the first 2 seconds. i was also the first to say it's not a track car. it's built to be a daily driver, unlike any of the supercars you are talking about.
i kinda feel like people are moving the goalposts bringing up laps at a track or acceleration over 100mph.

Coming from someone who owns both a Tesla and a McLaren that runs a 10.7 (or better 1/4 mile time), accelerating from a stop light gets old and is boring after a while, yet every time I get into my McLaren my adrenaline pumps and I am excited as hell to accelerate any chance I get, and love the sound when using the paddles up and downshifting. Nothing compares to that. I use autopilot on my Tesla in traffic which is cool, but would absoletely NEVER want that feature in my McLaren.. why? Because I actually love driving it.. that's the point of the car.. how it feels when you drive it. My Tesla is not satisfying to drive for entertainment purposes at all. Maybe the first month or two.. now its just a boring every day driver that is just a great 'regular' car.. that's it. Not to mention at the end of the day it is simply a regular American built car, and feels every bit the part. The only selling point are the electric motors. I feel I am the only Tesla owner who wants to admit this, its crazy.

#1464 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Tesla's have character, it's just a completely different more modern character.

Tesla has character, thats true. I liken it to a pinball machine that plays itself while you watch - and it does a good job with it. When I want to actually play the machine and have a good time, I don't drive the Tesla.

#1465 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Coming from someone who owns both a Tesla and a McLaren that runs a 10.7 (or better 1/4 mile time), accelerating from a stop light gets old and is boring after a while, yet every time I get into my McLaren my adrenaline pumps and I am excited as hell to accelerate any chance I get, and love the sound when using the paddles up and downshifting. Nothing compares to that. I use autopilot on my Tesla in traffic which is cool, but would absoletely NEVER want that feature in my McLaren.. why? Because I actually love driving it.. that's the point of the car.. how it feels when you drive it. My Tesla is not satisfying to drive for entertainment purposes at all. Maybe the first month or two.. now its just a boring every day driver that is just a great 'regular' car.. that's it. Not to mention at the end of the day it is simply a regular American built car, and feels every bit the part. The only selling point are the electric motors. I feel I am the only Tesla owner who wants to admit this, its crazy.

well, it is crazy that you find the ability to go 0-60 in 2.5 seconds boring. but maybe i would too if i owned a McLaren. most of us don't, though!

i also love the touchscreen and how far ahead of its competitors the Tesla is in terms of technological features. my mom just bought an upscale Mercedes and its center console and control systems are a total mess. she is never going to figure out what half those knobs do. the Tesla has all the same features but they are laid out in a super user-friendly way.

mercedes (not exactly her model but similar)
2012-Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-center-console (resized).jpg2012-Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-center-console (resized).jpg

tesla

#1466 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

well, it is crazy that you find the ability to go 0-60 in 2.5 seconds boring. but maybe i would too if i owned a McLaren. most of us don't, though!
i also love the touchscreen and how far ahead of its competitors the Tesla is in terms of technological features. my mom just bought an upscale Mercedes and its center console and control systems are a total mess. she is never going to figure out what half those knobs do. the Tesla has all the same features but they are laid out in a super user-friendly way.

tesla

That Mercedes looks sweet. She'll figure it out! I'd rather have knobs and buttons than a touchscreen so you can adjust without looking at it and crashing.

#1467 7 years ago

if you are afraid looking down for 2 seconds would cause a crash, you can just engage autopilot.

i suppose i can understand liking a bunch of extraneous knobs and levers, though. we are pinball fans after all! but it's not practical in execution. her mercedes has a small display but it's not a touchscreen, so she has to use one of those touchpad things to move the pointer around, which still requires her to look at the screen to see what she's doing, so it's really no better in that regard. it is a mess in my opinion. the Tesla UI is just a lot more intuitive.

#1468 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

tesla

People have been figuring out their car controls forever, in fact many people somehow still prefer buttons for everything instead of going through menu systems. I dont mind the minimalist look at all, but many people would prefer to have physical buttons they can just press once they memorize the locations.

Also, keep in mind I have had two Tesla's .. both the Performance models. I have owned a Tesla for over 3 years. Yes, going 0-60 very quickly does get boring after a while. You probably have owned the car for a little while. The most fun you will have after a few months is just taking some people for a ride and getting reactions.. but your own pleasure of driving a car from 0-60 that quick will quickly diminish and it wont be that big of a deal anymore. Especially when you see how how quickly your rear tires will wear down from those launches.. yep, plan on new tires every 10-11,000 miles thanks to the massive 5,000lbs and loads of torque. 0-60 launches are fun but nothing is like canyon carving in a sports car, shifting through gears, and just having FUN driving the car and turning the steering wheel. You don't need a McLaren to understand that, even a Miata or Honda S2000 is more fun to drive through the twisties then my Tesla. Sorry dude. 0-60 launches are overrated, and the excitement doesn't last long.

#1469 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

if you are afraid looking down for 2 seconds would cause a crash, you can just engage autopilot.
her mercedes has a small display but it's not a touchscreen, and she has to use a touchpad thing for the pointer instead, which still requires her to look at the screen to see what she's doing, so it's really no better in that regard. it is a mess.

I got a nice Tahoe with a sweet touchscreen and what you are calling "autopilot" which is only active cruise control with braking and lane departure assist. The touchscreen is annoying and less safe than knobs and buttons. The "autopilot" feature name is very misleading. If you don't believe me, turn it on, let go of the wheels and pedals, and close your eyes for 10 seconds on the freeway. Bet you can't do it!

#1470 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The issue is some people think one test standard (acceleration) result applies universally to other tests

The tesla is an incredibly QUICK car.. but not necessarily fast (trap speed). What Tesla lacks in a sports car, it makes up for in a Grand Touring car... that can still street race like nothing before it.

The Tesla just smashes barriers that the sports sedans couldn't touch in street driving.

Tho I must admit, the old E39 M5 I could never catch on the track with my Z Just too much power they'd always pull away.

#1471 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

yep, plan on new tires every 10-11,000 miles thanks to the massive 5,000lbs and loads of torque.

i'm already used to this thanks to the Challenger.

Quoted from kpg:

0-60 launches are fun but nothing is like canyon carving in a sports car, shifting through gears, and just having FUN driving the car and turning the steering wheel. You don't need a McLaren to understand that, even a Miata or Honda S2000 is more fun to drive through the twisties then my Tesla. Sorry dude. 0-60 launches are overrated, and the excitement doesn't last long.

stop stating your opinion as fact. and i don't need your condescending "sorry dude"s. i'm having tons of fun with my new car.

#1472 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I got a nice Tahoe with a sweet touchscreen and what you are calling "autopilot" which is only active cruise control with braking and lane departure assist. The touchscreen is annoying and less safe than knobs and buttons. The "autopilot" feature name is very misleading. If you don't believe me, turn it on, let go of the wheels and pedals, and close your eyes for 10 seconds on the freeway. Bet you can't do it!

Honestly, I have done it and autopilot is much more then active cruise control. It can change lanes, steer through most all freeways, and really drive itself for you if activating it on the right roads it is made for. Big difference. My thing is that a Tesla is a great car when not in the mood to drive it.. because its not a fun and engaging car to drive. If you have a car that is fun and exciting to drive, you would never want to let it drive itself. That's why Autopilot works good in Tesla's .. because they are very boring cars when just 'driving'

#1473 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

the touchscreen in a Tahoe does not compare. my Challenger (and my 300 before it, and the Cadillac before that) had touchscreens and i hated them. the Tesla has done the touchscreen right for the first time in automotive history.

#1474 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i'm already used to this thanks to the Challenger.

stop stating your opinion as fact. and i don't need your condescending "sorry dude"s. i'm having tons of fun with my new car.

I'm glad you are having fun with your new car. I am only speaking out of experience by someone who has had a couple Tesla's much longer then you, and know that you can only do so many 0-60 launches before it gets old. This comes from every other Tesla driver I have talked to at service centers, online, superchargers, etc. But the honeymoon period is always fun in a new car Enjoy

BTW, here's my Tesla racing a brand new C7 Z06 at the drag strip:

And a Hellcat:

#1475 7 years ago

stop posting the same condescending crap over and over. it's not appreciated.

#1476 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

That's condescending to you? Man, you would fit right in at TeslaMotorsClub.com and also Tesla's own forums. You mention one negative thing about Tesla and they get really upset like you. It's like the Apple thing. So crazy, but good for Tesla that they have people who will defend the car like their own child.

#1477 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's condescending to you? Man, you would fit right in at TeslaMotorsClub.com and also Tesla's own forums. You mention one negative thing about Tesla and they get really upset like you. It's like the Apple thing. So crazy, but good for Tesla that they have people who will defend the car like their own child.

it isn't you posting a fact about the car that is pissing me off, it is your repeated posts after every single post i make talking about how boring the car is, and how you know i will get bored despite me saying i'm happy with the car. that's not a negative aspect of the car, that's you being a dick.

#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it isn't you posting a fact about the car that is pissing me off, it is your repeated posts after every single post i make talking about how boring the car is, and how you know i will get bored despite me saying i'm happy with the car. that's not a negative aspect of the car, that's you being a dick.

It's not being a dick, I am stating my experience, and others experiences - after owning the car much longer then you. I am sorry you are offended about my opinion of the car I also own. I guess I did not gauge the level of sensitivity you have on the subject, and I honestly am sorry your feelings were hurt to the point of being pissed off. I will now know not to bring up this subject as to not further inflict such pain and emotion. Enjoy your car dude !

#1479 7 years ago

time to drain this topic, buh bye lol

#1480 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's not being a dick, I am stating my experience, and others experiences - after owning the car much longer then you. I am sorry you are offended about my opinion of the car I also own. I guess I did not gauge the level of sensitivity you have on the subject, and I honestly am sorry your feelings were hurt to the point of being pissed off. I will now know not to bring up this subject as to not further inflict such pain and emotion. Enjoy your car dude !

"sorry you were offended by me saying that i and everybody else i've ever talked to is bored by your new car". you somehow do not see how this post makes you an asshole?

#1481 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

"sorry you were offended by me saying that i and everybody else i've ever talked to is bored by your new car". you somehow do not see how this post makes you an asshole?

Dude, I think you are getting unnecessarily angry and have now called me several names, while being aggressive and hostile. Whatever the reasoning it is that you are this upset because of some forum posts, I hope all is well in your life and can move past this. Best of luck man!

#1482 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

tesla

In that example, I would take the Mercedes.

The overall quality of materials in the Tesla was a huge let down for me. Combining that with its numb and somewhat linear driving experience encouraged me to pass.

#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude, I think you are getting unnecessarily angry and have now called me several names, while being aggressive and hostile. Whatever the reasoning it is that you are this upset because of some forum posts, I hope all is well in your life and can move past this. Best of luck man!

Probably thinks he's helping the environment too!

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

tesla

So depending on who is in the driver's seat, does the "creep" feature switch to "on"? LOL

#1485 7 years ago

I respect everyone's opinion on what vehicles they like or own. Just like pinball, a certain title could be liked or disliked by different people. With no dis-respect intended, I personally have not come to embrace Hybrids, electric cars, and sports cars with paddle shifters. To me going 0-60 in a few seconds is fun but it is all about how fun it is driving around a corner, racing up an on-ramp or twisting up a steep canyon road and having the car hold and perform. Having a track worthy sports car gives you the full gamut when driving around town and using as a daily driver. I know paddle shifters are more efficient(with quicker shifting) and give you more control while keeping both hands on the wheel but you loose the feel of the stick shift interaction. It just feels like an adjustable automatic transmission while driving and does not give me a thrill. Mabye I am old school but I love sports cars that are fuel-injected and have a manual stick shift. I am fearful that many companies will eliminate the stick shift manual transmission all together in the near future and move towards paddle shifters and automatics. Americas number one selling truck the Ford F-150 is now only available in an automatic(not a sports car-but an example). Give me a fast, gas guzzling, stick shift and I am a happy camper.

#1486 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Probably thinks he's helping the environment too!

of course it's helping the environment. i'm sure you're sitting there ready with stats regarding manufacturing impact and you think the fact that coal is a large (albeit rapidly shrinking) percentage of our power grid is a clever "gotcha", but if you pull your obsolete old head out of the sand for a minute you might realize that switching the power source of billions of vehicles from individual internal combustion engines to large, stationary power plants is an obvious and necessary first step to making them much cleaner and more efficient overall.

#1487 7 years ago

This might be the only thread that's gone to shit AFTER Kaneda was booted.

#1488 7 years ago

I agree Hybrids and electric vehicles do help with the environment and air quality. At the same time with the new emissions regulations, the majority of new cars are not the main cause of greenhouse gas emissions. A fact that I found interesting is that just 15 of the worlds largest cargo container ships emit as much nitrogen oxide and sulphur oxide as the worlds 760 million cars. Add in all of the industrial factories without regulations-and you get to the root of the problem. I am not saying that everyone cant do their part to help reduce emissions but there are major contributors to this growing problem, not just cars.

#1489 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

This might be the only thread that's gone to shit AFTER Kaneda was booted.

God I know this is fucking awful now. But car people get like that

3 weeks later
#1490 7 years ago

You know about the Jeep with the hellcat motor ... Toyota has gone to the next level with 2000hp.

http://www.driven.co.nz/reviews/previews/toyota-reveal-insane-2000hp-land-cruiser/

rd

IMG_3644 (resized).JPGIMG_3644 (resized).JPG

#1491 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I'd settle for him knowing when to use "than" instead of "then." Teslas are fun to drive, enjoy your car. I'm looking forward to getting a model 3.

#1492 7 years ago

A brief rundown of my scenario. I got an RX8 as a compromise after having my first kid. I love the car now, I just wish it had some more power. I looked into turbos, since the car fit my lifestyle really well. Then I found out we have twins on the way.. I'm responsible for picking the kids up a lot of the time, so that means my RX8 would stay in the garage a lot more than I'd like.

--

So, I've been kicking around options the last few months -- keep the RX8 and use it when I'm alone or with only a part of the family (but how often is that going to happen), or go for something that can fit everyone. I want a manual, and I don't really have much compromise there. That left me with limited options - the most practical being the Chevy SS.

I finally decided to pull the trigger, started looking and realized that GM was offering a 20% off tag on the SS to help liquidate the 16s. I can't find any manual within a reasonable distance. I was willing to fly out to a driving distance of about 8 hours so I could make a return trip in one day, but nothing..

I'm wait listed on one, but I doubt the deal falls through. The order period for the 17s is coming up, and it's supposedly shortened. I think i'll still go for it, but it sucks I missed the opportunity to snag a deal for a car on the lot.

#1493 7 years ago

It's a well-known fact that you cannot discuss religion or politics without the subject quickly going to hell. This thread proves that we may have to add 'cars' to that list.

#1494 7 years ago

I had an RX8, loved the look and interior of the car, but I felt it was severely underpowered coming from a Cobra Mustang. It was also horrible on gas, can't imagine what it would be like with a turbo. The battery would also die on me if it sat undriven for like a week.

Maybe consider a Cadillac CTS vsport or something like that if you can swing it. Sometimes they are not bad used price wise.

#1495 7 years ago

I was considering a CTS-V v2, but it can't fit 3 car seats in the back. It could be a longer term option, but in the short term it makes no more sense than my RX8 does.

I'll probably let it play out until spring anyway. The rumored short ordering period for the 2017 SS made me nervous, but it's not like they aren't available on the secondary market from time-to-time.

4 months later
#1496 7 years ago

What's the difference between Porcupines and Hellcats?

Porcupines carry their pricks on the outside.

#1498 7 years ago

I had to get rid of my challenger Hellcat, but i have a few things for sale if anyone is interested.

2 Never used Nitto tires for the rear
A set of Mopar mud flaps never used
a set of some light gadget that shines a hellcat onto the ground , which gets mounted on the bottom of your door ..
Let me know if interested

#1499 7 years ago

Here's my first 2 rows of pins in my shed cave with my '68 GT Fastback and a TARDIS and a Williams Ringer with the Simpson's looking it over. Do I win a cookie ?

IMG_8653 (resized).JPGIMG_8653 (resized).JPG

#1500 7 years ago

The age of manufacturer horsepower wars, how much horsepower can we create from a bone stock car and still provide a warranty. Pretty cool. Eventually the govt will shut this down or over tax it lame

Seems it is all about horsepower without consideration to traction...800 hp doesn't really get transferred to the road with the small tires, Just need it "tubbed" from the factory! Gotta love the new horsepower cars, super chargers, etc. We used to have to do this stuff at home, now anyone can buy it already done.

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.