Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hermes
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image-30.png
    image-3.jpg
    IMG_8548 (resized).jpeg
    munstersHardShot (resized).jpg
    0D169655-704C-4CBA-A52A-B16924F6EE85 (resized).png

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Man, I’ve played my share of games but I can’t think of a harder shot than the Super Jackpot on Batman forever that has to be shot at with the bat cannon.
    That thing is brutal, you might hit that shot one out of 30 times if you’re lucky, it’s a balls width, no more and you can hit it pretty good and it still won’t go through the mini ramp... it’s insane! I’ve tried tweaking and dialing it in, no luck.

250 million just sitting there...and you only get three chances at it or it reverts back to regular jackpots and then you have to hit them all again to qualify the super again.

What’s another ridiculous brutal shot?
    0D169655-704C-4CBA-A52A-B16924F6EE85 (resized).png0D169655-704C-4CBA-A52A-B16924F6EE85 (resized).png

#2 4 years ago

The hardest shots are the ones you don’t take.

#3 4 years ago

The upper standup targets on Teacher's Pet.

#4 4 years ago

Houdini inner loop is pretty tight and hard to make.

#5 4 years ago

Hitting all of the inlane drops on Viking gets me. As well as landing planes during multiball on F-14.

#6 4 years ago

Side ramp on Earth Shaker when you need it.

#7 4 years ago

NGG hole in one shot on anything but a perfectly maintained game. Play one on route. It's not happening...

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

It’s a tight shot no doubt, but pales in comparison to OP’s point about BF’s borderline impossible shot that comes around once in a blue moon and then when lit basically doesn’t have the geometry to work.

Give me a half hour on a Houdini and I’ll hit the inner loop a bakers dozen times. I owned BF for like 2 years and never made that F’ing shot.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Captive ball on Maverick.

It’s not so bad from a cradle on the lower right flipper. But from the upper flipper? Yeah not happening

#11 4 years ago

3 and 4 way combos on the old BW games.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Captive ball on Maverick.

^^^THIS. It's absolutely ridiculous and the only thing that even feeds the shot is a full orbit from the left that comes screaming to the upper right flipper on the fly. The captive ball shot is the only real purpose the upper flipper even serves on Maverick too. The captive ball is hidden behind drops and sandwiched in between two posts, one with a post rubber on it, so you have about half the ball to hit. This shot too is the Super Jackpot shot on the game. I owned a Maverick for years, put up over 4 billion on it, Poker Championship wizard mode and all and I bet I could count on one hand the total number of times I hit that shot out of all the games I played.

#13 4 years ago

Three way combo on whirlwind. The ball is flying by the time you go for the third shot.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

^^^THIS. It's absolutely ridiculous and the only thing that even feeds the shot is a full orbit from the left that comes screaming to the upper right flipper on the fly. The captive ball shot is the only real purpose the upper flipper even serves on Maverick too. The captive ball is hidden behind drops and sandwiched in between two posts, one with a post rubber on it, so you have about half the ball to hit. This shot too is the Super Jackpot shot on the game. I owned a Maverick for years, put up over 4 billion on it, Poker Championship wizard mode and all and I bet I could count on one hand the total number of times I hit that shot out of all the games I played.

I actually love this shot. I have hit it once with the upper flipper, but could kiss it pretty consistently with the lower right flipper. There is just enough to hit from the lower flipper in just right the spot. That is a fantastically placed captive ball- great shot!

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It’s a tight shot no doubt, but pales in comparison to OP’s point about BF’s borderline impossible shot that comes around once in a blue moon and then when lit basically doesn’t have the geometry to work.
    Give me a half hour on a Houdini and I’ll hit the inner loop a bakers dozen times. I owned BF for like 2 years and never made that F’ing shot.

Yeah, I have noticed you have a better chance hitting the bat cannon super by letting the cannon swing out and hitting it on the return. It’s still hard as nails though

#16 4 years ago

That F*****g O to spell chaos in the new JP!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Originally Maverick was going to be a widebody, and they shrunk it down into a standard playfield. The captive ball was a scoop, which probably would have been easier to hit with the upper flipper.

#18 4 years ago

Double Jackpot on the right ramp in Tales from the Crypt - long and narrow

Left orbit protected by pops on KISS and Aerosmith (IM isn't as hard for some reason)

#19 4 years ago

I always found hitting the cyclone jackpot a bitch.

Three consecutive shots, timed, up that right ramp. The angle is just a tad weird, making even one shot a bit tricky.

#20 4 years ago

The Piccard move on ST:TNG was always difficult for me for some reason.

#21 4 years ago

Whitewater's extra ball shot is no joke

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Whitewater's extra ball shot is no joke

yeah, and if you don't get it, you're a weiner.

#23 4 years ago
    munstersHardShot (resized).jpgmunstersHardShot (resized).jpg
    #24 4 years ago

TWD well walker.

#25 4 years ago

Right lane target on time warp when it's lit for 30000. But only if you play with banana flippers.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The hardest shot in pinball?

There have been some shots named in this thread that are indeed tough to make.

But convincing my wife that I should get to buy another pin? I got no shot.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

There have been some shots named in this thread that are indeed tough to make.
    But convincing my wife that I should get to buy another pin? I got no shot.

That’s a pretty decent lineup you have, I don’t really blame her..

#28 4 years ago

Extra ball JJP POTC. Feels sooooo good when you make it.

#29 4 years ago

Snikt on Deadpool. Hardest most satisfying shot in pinball. IMO.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from easye9901:

[quoted image]

+1 for the Dragula Munster shot!

For the life of me I cannot find the angle on this one. At another pinsider’s suggestion I’m currently trying to hit it via a right flipper backhand off the grandpa standup to the left of the Marilyn ramp. Having limited success, but I think this angle is there.

My default is to start any Multiball and hope to goodness that one of the balls randomly ends up finding it’s way there.

Anyone have a better strategy?

#31 4 years ago

The lower right and left targets on Strange World.

#32 4 years ago

Milk Can shot on Houdini with the timer running and a goal of hitting it three times. Shot is close and tight and requires accuracy and finesse.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

A harder shot on Houdini is one that shouldn't be, which is simply hitting it onto the stage to start a mode. The design on that shot (one of the most important in the game) simply has to be a mistake. Your only hope is to shoot the ball in that general direction and hope that one of the pops or bumpers knock it in.

Also, Iron Man on Avengers is a really tough shot to hit clean. Another shot on the game, which simply requires a lucky bounce is the Hulk saucer. It's another bad design. It's just too shallow.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:A harder shot on Houdini is one that shouldn't be, which is simply hitting it onto the stage to start a mode. The design on that shot (one of the most important in the game) simply has to be a mistake. Your only hope is to shoot the ball in that general direction and hope that one of the pops or bumpers knock it in.

The best way to shoot the stage is through stage alley, which will then also gives you 2X for that mode.

#35 4 years ago

C for CHAOS shot; Stern Jurassic Park.

#36 4 years ago

Sim card shot on Dialed In is a pain in the ass. I’ve owned it for about 14 months and still can’t hit it with any consistency.

#37 4 years ago

Paragon 5x

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

it really really really is not.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Sim card shot on Dialed In is a pain in the ass. I’ve owned it for about 14 months and still can’t hit it with any consistency.

THIS shot is tough. there doesn't seem to be a direct way to hit it; most players bank off the standup nearby, but even that's only 25% or so consistency...

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

A harder shot on Houdini is one that shouldn't be, which is simply hitting it onto the stage to start a mode. The design on that shot (one of the most important in the game) simply has to be a mistake. Your only hope is to shoot the ball in that general direction and hope that one of the pops or bumpers knock it in.

Sorry to hear the game you played does not appear to be set up right. This is not really a tough shot at all

#42 4 years ago

At the moment its the Extra Ball shot on JJP's POTC

#43 4 years ago

The in line drop targets on Flash Gordon. Plus the upper PF drop targets on it. That game is a bitch!

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

The in line drop targets on Flash Gordon. Plus the upper PF drop targets on it. That game is a bitch!

Yeah you pretty much could have just said Flash Gordon and left it at that haha. That game is just a series of footballs to the groin.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I have pretty good luck with nailing the Big Bang standup and rebounding into the sim scoop from the right flipper.

One of the hardest shots no one knows is the “Special” shot on Orbitor 1 where you must hit the certain targets and then make it in one shot through the spinner and hit the “R” standup is a bit ludicrous.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

he upper standup targets on Teacher's Pet.

This! Gawd those are hard to get!

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from PINQUEST:

That F*****g O to spell chaos in the new JP!

That F####g S to spell chaos on the old JP!

Also, the extra ball on FT.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

That F####g S to spell chaos on the old JP!
    Also, the extra ball on FT.

All you do is backhand that extra ball target on FT, that’s not a hard shot.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

All you do is backhand that extra ball target on FT, that’s not a hard shot.

Depends on the flipper set up. Some machines are easy and others impossible.

#50 4 years ago

Getting 4 corners or 5 in a row on Old Bingo Machines. Plunging and nudging to get those sequences are tough. Everybody should play or own a Bingo at some point. The Palm Springs I owned at one time was fun and full of challenge. Getting 4 corners was about impossible.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hardest-shot-s-in-pinball-?hl=jeremyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.