Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hermes
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image-30.png
    image-3.jpg
    IMG_8548 (resized).jpeg
    munstersHardShot (resized).jpg
    0D169655-704C-4CBA-A52A-B16924F6EE85 (resized).png
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Helipad on new JP

#52 4 years ago

Guile shot on SF2

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

This! Gawd those are hard to get!

Yep, you gotta kinda bank the shots and get lucky all at the same time. I take it you still have it.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I take it you still have it.

Ain't never leaving the fold. It being so killer, and me being a teacher and all.
    Thanks again.
    Sometimes I can actually hit the A from the right flipper...

#55 4 years ago

I can’t believe someone hasn’t said the 4th skill shot on WOZ, the L in the BALL targets. I have never made this shot, nor have I seen it made.

#56 4 years ago

Xavier on xmen pro..

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

The best way to shoot the stage is through stage alley, which will then also gives you 2X for that mode.

If you can. Not easily completed.

Two other Balcer game design shots that are challenging:

1. Treehouse ramp shot on TSPP

2. Beer barrel ramp shot on Oktoberfest

#58 4 years ago

Not understanding this (assuming you're serious).

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

If you can. Not easily completed.
    Two other Balcer game design shots that are challenging:
    1. Treehouse ramp shot on TSPP
    2. Beer barrel ramp shot on Oktoberfest

Treehouse could be my least favorite shot in Pinball because of the design.

#60 4 years ago

Left ramp on Whirlwind ....without a doubt the hardest ramp to consistently nail on any game I have owned. I like a challenge but towards the end of ownership it actually began to annoy me

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not understanding this (assuming you're serious).

My guess is that ‘cause right after you hit him, the magnet flings it down the outlanes

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

My guess is that ‘cause right after you hit him, the magnet flings it down the outlanes

Hmmm ... I don't really have this issue with my game's Well Walker. Consequently, I enjoy hammering away at him most of the time.

Much tougher shots for me on my TWD Premium are the Bicycle Girl ramp due to its energy sucking steepness and hitting a clean Tunnel shot through the pops.

#63 4 years ago

Target under the ramp in Magic Girl

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from TiltDis:

C for CHAOS shot; Stern Jurassic Park.

For some reason I don't find that shot difficult, and am able to make the shot most of the time.

#65 4 years ago

Gem inner loop on tron

#66 4 years ago

First shot that popped into my head...roller games ramp without the magnet helper. It's been a while, but I remember it being extremely steep.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

All you do is backhand that extra ball target on FT, that’s not a hard shot.

On a well set up machine, yes. Easy.

Now. Never met a Fish Tales that I knew how it was coming off that target, though. So much english off that thing.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

Left ramp on Whirlwind ....without a doubt the hardest ramp to consistently nail on any game I have owned. I like a challenge but towards the end of ownership it actually began to annoy me

I actually hit that more often than the right ramp. Have you ever gotten the three way combo?

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

I actually hit that more often than the right ramp. Have you ever gotten the three way combo?

I got the 3 way combo and the 'siren' sound a couple of times.

Sold the game recently - I had it about 3 years. Im not really missing it .... found it more challenging than my old Earthshaker ..... but actually less *fun* to play. I still miss my ES.

I applaud your Ron Swanson avatar btw

#70 4 years ago

For some reason I always find the lit/flashing/timed shots to be the most difficult. . .

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Sim card shot on Dialed In is a pain in the ass. I’ve owned it for about 14 months and still can’t hit it with any consistency.

Agree! Fun, tough, and rewarding shot. Try adjusting upper right flipper power to 14 to make it a bit easier, can still make side ramp.

#72 4 years ago

The flashing replay target when you are on ball 3 and you are out of quarters.

1 month later
    #73 4 years ago

After owning POTC LE for over a month I still say hitting that extra ball shot is a bitch

#74 4 years ago

Indiana Jones Mode Start hole without modding it with dead foam.

1 week later
    #75 4 years ago

Of all the 90s DMD games I find Fish Tales the hardest in terms of nailing the Jackpots. Into the Casters Club, then limited time to make a good left orbit shot. Why oh why do I find this so damn hard

4 months later
    #76 3 years ago

Has anybody ever tried *intentionally* shooting the Lost Mine on Whitewater? That might be the hardest shot. I managed to shoot it a couple times the other day, and in order to do so I needed not only to time my flip perfectly, but I also needed to make sure the flipper didn't fully engage, so like a slightly more powerful tap pass.

#77 3 years ago

“Dirty Pool” on TAF.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

“Dirty Pool” on TAF.

That was always blind luck for me...

#79 3 years ago

The extra ball shot.

IMG_8548 (resized).jpegIMG_8548 (resized).jpeg

#80 3 years ago

Snikt on Deadpool
    Gem on Tron
    Sim card on Dialed In
    or pretty much any shot I need to make....

#81 3 years ago

Super Jackpot on Big Buck Hunter!!!

#82 3 years ago

Getting up the left curly ramp on Comet is dang near impossible on the one I play(ed). Feels like a million points when you do...

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Snikt on Deadpool
    Gem on Tron
    Sim card on Dialed In
    or pretty much any shot I need to make....

GEM shot. End. Of. Story.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Man, I’ve played my share of games but I can’t think of a harder shot than the Super Jackpot on Batman forever that has to be shot at with the bat cannon.
    That thing is brutal, you might hit that shot one out of 30 times if you’re lucky, it’s a balls width, no more and you can hit it pretty good and it still won’t go through the mini ramp... it’s insane! I’ve tried tweaking and dialing it in, no luck.
    250 million just sitting there...and you only get three chances at it or it reverts back to regular jackpots and then you have to hit them all again to qualify the super again.
    [quoted image]

I’m honored. Thank you.
    Intentionally designed it to be extremely difficult but not impossible.
    Just mostly impossible.

#85 3 years ago

Whichever shot is needed for an extra ball on ball 3....

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Sim card on Dialed In

Yeah. I don't think that shot is aimed for as much as it is luckily bounced into. Somewhere just after midway on the upper flipper or try to bounce it off the drone targets from the left flipper gets me the shot sometimes.

#87 3 years ago

Shadow Knows/Mode Start/EB on TS.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Has anybody ever tried *intentionally* shooting the Lost Mine on Whitewater? That might be the hardest shot. I managed to shoot it a couple times the other day, and in order to do so I needed not only to time my flip perfectly, but I also needed to make sure the flipper didn't fully engage, so like a slightly more powerful tap pass.

...and the extra ball

#89 3 years ago

The Sun and Moon magnet shots in 1971 Williams Zodiac (upper left and right corners). It's easy to build up the bonus, but getting 3 planets lit and hitting the magnet only happens once every 5-10 games.

image-3.jpgimage-3.jpg
    #90 3 years ago

That damn DI scoop

#91 3 years ago

The 3-bounce skill shot on Minizag. The ball has to bounce off the top left and right rubbers and then go down the middle rollover lane to score the 200 point skill shot.

image-30.pngimage-30.png
    #92 3 years ago

The Batman forever shot I have to agree with is just a freaking pain. I will say that making the “Jump shot” on the No Fear also gives me a ton of fits.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #93 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I never try to shoot for the Lost Mine, mainly because the reward just isn't worth the risk. I am a huge WH20 fan, but probably my biggest complaint about the game is the use of the left side playfield "real estate". The lost mine is not worth it and neither are the river class targets, making that whole side of the game pretty worthless.

As for the EB shot on the game, making the shot is actually pretty easy for me, unfortunately it usually results in a left side drain. So I normally only try for it when I have the kickback lit.

#94 3 years ago

Advance Planets target in Pinbot.

Never once reached the Sun in all my years.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

... making that whole side of the game pretty worthless.

Well the left loop/ramp are used a lot and they're aboot as far left as you can get. True though I don;t shoot much from the river targets.

Whilst we're on the topic, secret passage is a hard shot.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I never try to shoot for the Lost Mine, mainly because the reward just isn't worth the risk. I am a huge WH20 fan, but probably my biggest complaint about the game is the use of the left side playfield "real estate". The lost mine is not worth it and neither are the river class targets, making that whole side of the game pretty worthless.
    As for the EB shot on the game, making the shot is actually pretty easy for me, unfortunately it usually results in a left side drain. So I normally only try for it when I have the kickback lit.

Gold Rush is so hard to get it is always cool when you do start it. The animations and callouts alone are almost worth the effort. I hardly ever aim for the river targets, but I'll always take a letter when I hit it--any help towards getting to class VI is worthwhile.

Two tough shots are getting the Ricochet award in Dirty Harry, and hitting the right ramp on TFTC.

1 month later
    #97 3 years ago

It doesn't look it, but I would say that the Extra Ball shot on Haunted House has to be up there. shacklersrevenge I bet you would have some experience on that matter?

7 months later
    #98 3 years ago

Re BF and the jackpot shot, I don't know where I saw it but it was suggested the best way to approach it was to wait until the cannon was on its way back to the start position and take the shot on the way back. I guess the momentum would be taking it towards going up the ramp like an underarm shot rather than slamming against the side of the ramp.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hardest-shot-s-in-pinball-/page/2?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.