IMG_1842 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1845 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1712 (resized).jpeg
7sgyzy.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
anigif_enhanced-1526-1461872870-10.gif
EcGRpIxWsAMs9cY (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider readypo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Well this is probably the only time I’ll be the second most poster in 7 days on the forum.

looks like I tied for eighth place on that list

1 month later
#66 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

We have plenty of topics about scammers on here, I would love if we could have more posts here about how some company made your day.

I don't know if I can say this company made my day, but after six months of endless phone on-holds, being passed around from person to person, "lost mail", Better Business Bureau reporting and outright roadblocks, Rheem finally sent us a check for our lifetime Marathon Water Heater than didn't make it a lifetime (it made it about 16 years). Just about the time we were ready to go to the next level (by this time we were all in), they sent a check for more than we thought we would get. Happy to chalk up this little victory for the consumer and cross it off our list.

7 months later
#222 2 years ago

I have the next two weeks off from work during which I have a pinball tournament to play in, the kids will be home for some portion of the holidays and a very short honey do list which will leave me plenty of time to work on some pins and a game room project I have been wanting to do. By the end of it I will problem regret what I didn't get done but for now I am happy!

1 month later
#251 2 years ago

We traded in the wife's 2013 Durango and our 2010 Ram for a new Ram 1500 for her back in late November. Ordered Nov 20th, came in January 28th. Just under 10 weeks, much sooner than we thought. Happy wife, happy life

If we could only get NIB pins that fast ...

20220131_065314_HDR (resized).jpg20220131_065314_HDR (resized).jpg
#254 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Damn, that is really fast! I wish I was that lucky. I ordered my 2500 first week of Aug. They “think” it will be arriving end of Feb

The dealer said it was their fastest one yet during COVID. I think we just got lucky - picked a build package they already had going on the line, or possible already done waiting on a chip. Who knows? When we ordered they said hopefully 16 weeks so they beat that pretty good.

4 months later
#288 1 year ago

Last day in the Military was May 31st. First went into the Army in 1983. Served in all three compos (Active, Reserves, National Guard). Deployed to Afghanistan, state emergencies, been to multiple other countries including Poland, Panama, Egypt, Israel, Germany, Romania, Kuwait, and others. Had great opportunities to command and serve with great people who care about the nation and the world. At first I was a little melancholy about it, but now feel happy - mission complete.

This pic was from the Illinois National Guard's Civil Disturbance Response in Chicago in 2020. We had 900 soldiers deployed across the state. The tall guy is from our MP battalion who was primarily deployed in Chicago. I'm the short guy

Civil (resized).jpgCivil (resized).jpg
1 week later
#300 1 year ago

Day three of a Four Day weekend at home. Pretty happy just working on things that have been on the list for a while. Currently "tricking" out the Golf Car dash, wiring and a new Steering wheel. Why I don't know but it is nice to work on something outside that doesn't involve getting on a ladder or moving massive amounts of mulch, rock or stone.

golf1 (resized).jpggolf1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#307 1 year ago
Quoted from mooch:

My wife lost a favorite ring over ten years ago. Since then, I’ve searched online every day for that ring.

That is a ton of points you just banked! You can really screw up two, maybe three times before using them all up!

1 month later
#331 1 year ago

Just got woke up by a storm - not too bad, transitioned to a gentle rain pretty quick. The dog and cat are both scared of storms, but mostly the dog - he has a spot in our closet under my clothes he retreats to. Try to hold him but he shakes pretty violently so it is better to let him go to the closet. I am happy this wasn't a bad storm - we have been pummeled here lately and we lost five-six trees over two particularly bad storms but luckily no people, house or car damages.

4 months later
#383 1 year ago

Three days ago our seven month year old cat bolted out the door and didn't come back - the first night was 30 degree temps but the second night got to minus 6 degrees and was almost as cold last night. My wife was convinced she was a goner and was pretty upset. Last night I got up in the middle of the night to stoke the fire and thought I heard a soft meow outside. Got dressed and called her name - she was 30 feet up in a tree by the fireplace. Got an extension ladder and got her down and in the house. She was moving slow but it does not look like she got frostbite, at least not much or permanent damage. Was probably mostly dehydrated. Doubtful she was in the tree the whole time. Mostly sleeping now but drinking water and eating and moving around. We will take her into the vet on Monday if we see any further signs of frostbite but this pretty much seems like a Christmas Miracle for us.

Wife is super happy, and so am I (the dog not so much I think )

IMG_20221224_174931 (resized).jpgIMG_20221224_174931 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#388 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am happy, that I am alive, and doing mostly fine.

Johnny,
I am happy to read your optimistic posts not just here but in many threads. One of the positive personalities on Pinside - Thanks and keep it up!

5 months later
#435 9 months ago

My oldest daughter completed her dissertation defense and after seven years will be getting her doctorate in Plant Biology. We are not suppose to make any announcements but she is not on Pinside so I think this is ok We are very happy she stuck with it!

2 months later
#456 6 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Fall is here, and it’s my favourite season

Me too. Love the smell, crisp mornings, foliage colors, getting some projects done on those last few good weekends without the blistering heat, getting closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

3 weeks later
#461 5 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

I just listened for the first time today to the mix of The Who’s Pinball Wizard used for the Rock Band 2 video game.

@mooch, Rock Band is a childhood memory, not for me but my kids - we played it a lot when they are young and now they like a lot of the same Rock music I do - that makes me happy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider readypo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-happy-thread?tu=readypo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.