IMG_1842 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1845 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1712 (resized).jpeg
7sgyzy.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
anigif_enhanced-1526-1461872870-10.gif
EcGRpIxWsAMs9cY (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#171 2 years ago

I'm happy that I'm finally seeing results from a golf lesson I took in early June. I'm a slow learner,and I forget twice as fast.

1 month later
#200 2 years ago

I'm happy that I going to Myrtle Beach for a week of golf in two weeks. Damn I love this golf trip,we go every year the week before Thanksgiving.

1 month later
#223 2 years ago

I'm happy that my Standing Rib Roast that I always make for Christmas,was selling for the same price I paid last year.
I always call it prime rib,but I think only restaurants can get that cut?
Google Chef John's method for cooking the perfect Rib Roast,you'll thank me later.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

For TV I had Comcast for years, but anytime there is a storm around here it takes them forever to get the lines back up and I got tired of going weeks at a time with no TV.
So over a year ago I went with DISH. I have been happy with them until recently. Not their fault from what I understand, but NBC has pulled some crap, and I had been missing out on the Sunday night NFL games.
WELL! I went out and purchased a really good antenna, and set all that up today, way up in the air, and for the first time since 1980 I watched TV that was totally free, and I pick up 106 channels.
And yeah, only about 5 of those channels I will ever watch, but with cable or satellite where they have 300 or more channels I watch maybe 10 channels, so I am liking this free TV stuff.
I am very happy that as soon as my contract with DISH is up, I can just cancel and never pay a dime for TV again.
But no hurry, I am still under contract for 11 more months, so in the summer when all of the leaves are back on the trees I can check and see how my over the air signal is doing.
In the meantime I was just very happy to be able to see a Sunday night NFL game again, and to also see how many channels I can get for free over the air.
One of my good friends that lives about 20 miles away gets 41 channels, I was shocked to see that I pick up 106 channels.
And just amazing how many of those channels I had also thought was cable or satellite only is actually over the air also.
Yeah, no discovery channel, or history channel, ESPN, SEC, NFL network, but I kind of figured that anyway.
My girlfriend was very impressed, and another reason I am HAPPY!

Pictures or it never happened

#229 2 years ago

The antenna you just bought. I thought of doing this for years,but my wife would miss cable tv too much.

#231 2 years ago

Sounds like a good idea !

1 week later
#241 2 years ago

I'm happy that my Jurassic Park NIB, has been delayed until April. Now I'll have money for my medications.

51Dt81a1GXL._AC_SY780_ (resized).jpg51Dt81a1GXL._AC_SY780_ (resized).jpg
#245 2 years ago

I'm happy I haven't had to clean up any snow so far this winter
Looks like that could change today

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm happy I haven't had to clean up any snow so far this winter
Looks like that could change today

I'm heading over to "The Pinside Bitch thread" it snowed last night.

3 weeks later
#248 2 years ago

Why is Twilight Zone sitting in the corner,did it hurt your feelings.

1 month later
#264 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:I am happy that I was finally able to find one of those metal cans for starting charcoal.
Now I never have to buy the fluid again, and after 2 times using the can, I can already tell that the charcoal is ready in 1/3 of the time it took using fluid.
Next, I will be very happy if the saw chains I bought for half price are actually worth a crap. They seem to weigh about half what an Oregon chain weighs.

The fire starters are nice,but make sure your windows are closed if you use it near the house.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

HAPPY!
THANKS!
For a while now I have been pretty much upvoting every post in the Elvira thread, because everyone is so cool and helpful.
Well, while ago someone actually complained and asked if moderators could step in and stop me from upvoting every post.
I gave that post a upvote also.
Later I responded to it, and I got several upvotes, I was very surprised.
THANKS AGAIN!
Stay Happy and have a great week!

Well at least you won't see that miserable prick participating in the happy thread.
I've been asking a lot of questions in the Golden Tee club thread. I appreciate when someone replies ,so I upvote them. I guess I better stop,so I don't upset someone.

1 month later
#274 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Folks at work gave me two NIB pins as birthday gifts![quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have any special mods in mind.

#275 1 year ago

I'm happy that there's a YouTube channel. It's like having a really smart friend who helps you fix stuff. What a great feeling when you learn how to fix something,and save yourself some money. Man I wish this was around when I was growing up,I probably could have become a doctor.
I like watching it best on my TV , using the YouTube app. I do hate when someone says they have a great one minute fix for something,and the video is 30 minutes long ! I useally just pass on it, since they probably just like to hear themselves talk.

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm happy that there's a YouTube channel. It's like having a really smart friend who helps you fix stuff. What a great feeling when you learn how to fix something,and save yourself some money. Man I wish this was around when I was growing up,I probably could have become a doctor.
I like watching it best on my TV , using the YouTube app. I do hate when someone says they have a great one minute fix for something,and the video is 30 minutes long ! I useally just pass on it, since they probably just like to hear themselves talk.

YouTube strikes again! My wife was complaining that her self propelled lawn boy mower was hard to push. She likes cutting a small section of our backyard. Checked YouTube, and it was a one minute fix,sweet !
I thought I was going to spend all Sunday fixing the mower.
Now if I could get her out of her fear of driving the riding mower,I'd never have to cut grass again

2 months later
#314 1 year ago

I'm happy again, I just installed a new torsion spring on my garage door. There's a couple of YouTube videos,that are a total waste of time ! It's definitely something you have to be careful doing,but some of the videos try and scare you into hiring a professional installer. No big surprise,that some of those videos are made by professional installers !
It does get a little spooky when you're loading the new spring. But just pay attention and don't hurry,and you'll be fine.

This is an excellent video ,if you ever need to install one

I'm not gonna let anyone know that I know how to do this, because it's not something I'd like to do for free ! Isn't she a beauty !

IMG_20220701_155415893 (resized).jpgIMG_20220701_155415893 (resized).jpg
#316 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

My friend fixes doors for a living and parts are really hard to find so definitely have to be happy to be able to complete this.

The old spring broke on Tuesday,and I'm back in business Friday ! Gotta be happy with that !

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#337 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I don’t know man not on mine, the steel wire snapped due to corrosion and while they were replacing it with the door half way up one or both of the springs broke and the door dropped. Luckily nobody was hurt and I was happy for them to replace both at cost
Those are some big springs under a lot of tension, no way I’m messing with them. Very happy to let someone else do that![quoted image]

I hear you,I'm not looking forward to doing the other garage door,if and when the spring breaks !

3 months later
3 months later
#398 1 year ago

I'm happy that I didn't have to clean up any snow so far this winter. It's not that terrible of a job with a snow blower,but I'd rather do something else if possible.
I probably just jinxed myself and we'll get 3 ft next week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

11,855 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-happy-thread?tu=ralphs007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.