IMG_1712 (resized).jpeg
7sgyzy.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
anigif_enhanced-1526-1461872870-10.gif
EcGRpIxWsAMs9cY (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230701_062938 (resized).jpg
IMG_0813 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I was not sure where to post this, so I figured I would start a new topic.

For the first post, I wanted to say that last Saturday night I placed a order on Amazon.

Shipping was going to be $8.15 (I am not a prime member), but then I noticed that was for Wednesday delivery, but I could click on Thursday delivery and get free shipping.

Monday morning I got a email saying good news my items would be delivered Wednesday.

Monday afternoon my order arrived.

I am very happy with that.

And right now I am also happy that Stern is still making Elvira's House Of Horrors. Mine is supposed to be ready in May.

#8 3 years ago

I am happy that my work for the day is done.

Now I hear some beer in the fridge calling my name.

I will be very happy after a few of them.

#19 3 years ago

I am happy that I owe less income tax this time around. (self employed). (just seen a email from my accountant).

I was actually hoping for a refund this time around, but the beer made me happy enough that I can just say hey, at least I owe less this time.

I hope all of you have a awesome weekend!

The first 5 days after the weekend are always the hardest.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I had a nice game of disc golf at the park earlier. It was a beautiful day

I hope to do that again soon, just a 3 mile drive.

We did play some cornhole, and we were rusty after not playing it for a long while.

And yes it was a beautiful day, but I worked outside all day and the humidity was a tad high.

But it was awesome I did not have to go to any stores, and never had to put a mask on. I was only around one of my best friends for a while, and my girlfriend.

#27 3 years ago

I am happy that so far all my work this week involves me getting up at around 9am in the morning, instead of 5am like some clients want. I am happily self-employed.

When the 5am stuff comes up, it is fine though, pretty easy money and a fun day operating a excavator.

I will no longer take on any kind of work that I do not enjoy.

And it is amazing how time flies when you like what you are doing. Some days I am like damn, 2pm already, I knew I was hungry but I had never stopped work for lunch yet.

I hope everyone has a AWESOME WEEK!

#31 3 years ago

I have been happy for a while now that stores have plenty of what I need on hand.

Some people may look at my cart and think that I am hoarding, well I am.

I am hoarding everything I need for the next month, so that I only have to go to a store once a month.

I have not been sick with even a cold in the last 18 months, so I plan to keep doing what I have been doing.

I also do my store trips early on Monday mornings. Hardly anyone in the store.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#32 3 years ago

I buy one lottery ticket a week when I stock up on beer, a Cash For Life quick pick, just for the heck of it.

The last one is no where to be found.

All I can figure is that I dropped it in the parking lot that day.

I did look up the info, and there were no jackpot tickets sold that day, so I was happy about that.

Long ago I would buy a ticket for the really big jackpots, but the odds are just way too high.

Cash for life odds are a lot better.

The one ticket a week deal I do I am already playing for free for the next couple of years after winning a 100 bucks and

several tens, fours, and twos in the last year.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a Good Friday!

1 week later
#39 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Well I’m happy Pinside is back.

Me too!

My around 14 year old computer finally had to be replaced yesterday. When I got to the cashier with my new one, it rang up $100.00 less than the tag on the shelf. Pretty happy about that.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Be happy with what you have; chances are it's more than a lot of others have.

Great comment!

For the last 7-8 months Verizon has been telling me I have to upgrade my phones, they can stop working at anytime, so I did that yesterday also.

I miss my flip phone already, I used the same one for the last 8-9 years.

Dropped it a few times, stuff would go all over the place, but I was always able to put it back together and it kept working fine.

Everyone has been on me to get a smart phone, so I went with a cheap smart phone.

I don't feel smart yet, but at least my girlfriend has had fun setting it up for me.

At the moment I would be happier to just throw this phone in the lake, and go back and get a flip phone.

I still have my very large "brick phone", that I used from 1994 until 2003. It was a awesome phone, but the roaming charges for it was not awesome.

I am on my 4th phone now since 1994.

I will be very happy when I get the call that my EHOH is ready. I hope it will get my girlfriend away from Big Buck Hunter a little.

I love Big Buck Hunter also, but I can not play it for hours at a time like she does.

#42 3 years ago

I am very happy that it is supposed to cool off again soon, way too hot for this time of year. We tied a record high today from 1981.

And I guess because I had just posted in another topic about sidewalks, I remembered a cool story I heard long ago.

I think it was colleges, but it could have even been office complexes, that this architect never drawn any sidewalks into his projects.

When asked why, he said he has found it does not matter much where he puts sidewalks, people are going to pretty much walk where they want to, so after a year they would put sidewalks in where the people had made the trails from walking all the time.

I hope everyone is having a awesome week!

#43 3 years ago

Temperature has been nice here for a few days, and I talked to a friend I had not seen in 20 years, and they are still very cool, so that was all good.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#45 2 years ago

(keep in mind I am self-employed).

My main customer has not called in a while, and I have been very happy, I needed a break from that.

While I have had some extra time, I have been helping my uncles best friend, with some work I knew about long ago, but I never had time to do anything.

The work is a pain in the ass, but that dude is like 80 now, and the nicest old man you could ever know, and I am so glad that things have worked out that I could take time and lend him a hand cleaning up his property.

(I am using a backhoe and a chainsaw, he has several acres).

His son in law was supposed to have done this for him long ago, but he got busy with other work, just like I did.

It feels good to help others, and I am happy to have some time to do that at the moment.

I hope all of you have a awesome week!

#48 2 years ago

I was way too close to a 7 foot snake while ago, but the way it was all wrapped in a chain link fence it was climbing I was not worried about it going after me, and it was cool.

I am actually happy that I got to see all that, and not be afraid.

I made a pic of it on my phone, but so far I have no clue how to post it. All good, when anyone stops by and plays some pins remind me about the pic on my phone that is cool.

And I just looked at the national weather forecast, and some of you are getting snow.

Be happy, build a funny snowman or something, and enjoy the day!

Hell, just take the week off and go have some fun, you know you deserve it!

#52 2 years ago

Happy Friday!

1 week later
#58 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

7 day Happy Thread bump.

I was going to post here last night, but I became too happy and fell asleep.

Blue skies here all day.

Happy weekend!

#60 2 years ago

One of my best friends stopped by today.

He was in a awesome mood.

I am not going into details, but he just did the divorce paper stuff, and everyone is on his side, he has been married to a basket case for way too many years.

He is offering to give her the house, and 1500.00 a month.

(seems steep to me, but he is happy to offer that, to be done). (not like any kids involved either).

I am happy that I have never been married.

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME week!

I am pretty happy with the way my week is going.

#64 2 years ago

I recently took out a retaining wall that had been here for about 50 years, and it was ready to fall at any time.

(I borrowed my uncles backhoe, none of it costed me a dime). (I sloped the yard, there was no need for that wall anyway).

Anyway, the grass seed I had stored here must be very old, because in a week almost none came up.

So I figured grass seed would probably run me at least 40 bucks. Nope, a mom and pop hardware store had all I needed for 15 bucks.

The older I get and with prices of everything going up, I am always happy to get something done for less money than I thought.

And time flies by. Every time I looked at the clock in the last week it was always later than I thought it would be.

When time seems to fly by, I know I am happy and content.

I hate being bored, and having to wait on something, and looking at the clock every 15 minutes.

I had a awesome week!

I hope all of you have a awesome week also!

#65 2 years ago

For whatever reason my neck has been hurting for 2 days, at first it hurt worse to look up, now it hurts worse to look down.

If it keeps up I will go to my chiropractor, he is very cool, does a awesome job, and he is always in a happy mood.

(and he only charges around 30 bucks, I am happy with that).

The one client that I used to do a lot of work for has not called in several weeks now, and not only am I very happy about not having to get up early, my knees have been doing awesome also!

I swear, every job that dude comes up with I am carrying a heavy chain saw up and down hills so steep that you can hardly even walk on without carrying anything.

Last night I burned my arm while cooking. Not too bad.

That is the 2nd time I have been burned while cooking in the last 14 months.

The first time was very bad, almost hospital bad.

15 months ago I could not even cook at all.

Now I am saving so much money on food by cooking myself that will help add up for more games.

HAPPY!

Even my girlfriend is liking all my cooking. Yes, she did give some pointers that helped.

I cook or grill 6 nights a week, and on Saturday nights she can cook something, or buy something.

Recently she bought Pizza Hut, and it was good, but I cringed at what she paid.

I can cook all week for less than she paid for that one pizza.

Between some work just killing me, and the fact so many of my friends not much older than me have died suddenly recently, from now on I will only do work that I will enjoy, and will not kill my knees anymore.

I have been self employed my whole life since age of 24, and at 52 now I consider myself semi-retired, and I am not rich, but I am very happy.

I plan to live every year of my life like it may be the last year of my life, and enjoy life.

If my truck breaks down beyond repair, I will not go pay 90 grand or whatever for a new one.

The last truck was 6500 used, and it has been awesome! Even has a sun roof I have never used.

Sorry for the long rant.

When I started this topic I really meant for it to be sharing awesome deals, or even stories of how some company really helped you out and gave you a great deal.

We have plenty of topics about scammers on here, I would love if we could have more posts here about how some company made your day.

I will say that I love my local game distributor, Jason at Classic Game Rooms.

About a 90 minute round trip drive to go there from here.

But takes me about 180 minutes because I enjoy talking to Jason for a while when I am there.

I have not seen Jason in a long time, but I will be very happy when I can make that trip to pick something up and talk to him again.

#71 2 years ago

One of my best friends is a tree man, and the last work he did I was not too happy with the price, but I did not say anything.

While ago he did some work, and when I went to pay him he would not take any money.

It is cool that he had also realized that I was not treated fair the last time without me having to say anything at all.

#72 2 years ago

I am not sure where I am on the list for Elvira, but I would be very happy if Jason were to call me soon and say my game is ready to pick up.

The last conversation was it could be August, that is fine also. I do hope to get to the lake more this summer anyway.

#73 2 years ago

Happy Weekend!

I hope all of you had a awesome week!

The week just flew by, and nothing bothered me. Nothing needed to be repaired, or replaced, and the store had plenty of beer.

I guess the highlight of the week for me was I got a check from the IRS, with a letter saying that I had overpaid.

#74 2 years ago

The weekend hangovers were not too bad. That is always a good thing.

Anyway, I go through a lot of work gloves. I had been buying 3 packs for 5 bucks from Lowes forever, but they have not had any in months now.

Home Depot had some that looked the same, but they was 4 bucks for one pair.

I bought some of the Home Depot gloves, and they actually was better, lasted longer, so that turned out ok.

So now Home Depot was out, Lowes was still out, I tried a Ace Hardware, no luck.

Then I started thinking about Harbor Freight, I had only been there one time for a specialty item, a long time ago.

Harbor Freight had exactly the type of glove I was looking for, and a 5 pack is 9 bucks.

After several hours of use, I can say that the Harbor Freight gloves are very awesome, and a lot less money than the big box stores.

They are called Hardy Work Gloves.

And yeah, I am talking about work in the happy thread, but I love to work. (unless the one client calls that I have to be up at 5am).

(he has not called in 10 weeks now, and would suit me fine if he never calls again, except to pay me the rest of what I am owed).

I would kind of like to collect that 4 grand, but at the same time I do not want to hear about anything coming up that would cause me to have to get up at 5am.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What a great day !

Yes it is!

I just got a text that my Elvira is ready to be picked up!

#77 2 years ago

Last night after getting Elvira set up, it was almost unplayable with all the stopping for ball searches.

Today I woke up with a nasty cut on my arm, that I have no clue how I got, and about anything that could tear up did (ice maker, lawn equipment, etc.)

It was not a happy 24 hours, until while ago, after checking everything on Elvira I found a loose plug, and YES!, now the game was enjoyed for a long time without the first ball search.

I am pretty happy now, but after another beer or 2 I think I will be really happy!

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEK!

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Glad you got your mistress back in line again.

Yeah! Now I just have to get my girlfriend back in line.

Quoted from swampfire:

Johnny, take care man. And have a safe and happy long weekend. Your friend on the other side of Atlanta - John

Same to you my friend!

I know TWD is on your wish list, shoot me a pm if you are ever going to be in my area and want to play it for a while.

It is not for sale, it is still my favorite game.

I would love to meet you someday.

Yeah, a whole lot of traffic and wrecks all the time in between where we live.

I would be very happy if all these idiots around here could learn how to drive.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I've always wanted a motorcycle license

My best friend that died suddenly from cancer last year had 3-4 Harleys, he would do cross country trips. He even had a pop up camper that he would tow behind his bike sometimes.

He was very happy with all that.

Back when Dad had 120 acres in the county, and there was also 26 miles of old logging roads on the land behind that, I had a trail bike, and I enjoyed all that.

No way in hell would I get on a bike on a street around here though. Idiots around here can not drive worth a crap, it is too dangerous.

I kind of want to attach car tires all the way around my truck, and play bumper cars, instead of always having to swerve to keep them from hitting me.

I have no clue if some of these people are half blind or what, but they constantly run red lights, stop signs, and they can not maintain a lane.

I am very happy on days that I do not even have to get on the road.

#83 2 years ago

I am HAPPY!

I hope all of you are also very happy!

Time to put my happy self off to bed.

Goodnight, and I hope you all have a awesome weekend!

#89 2 years ago

I am extremely happy!

Just got back from night fishing, only caught a couple, but I learned a whole lot.

I was always used to using a short pickup to do all the boat stuff, and now that I am using a long SUV I had been having to get in the water up to my knees.

Tonight I figured out I can lift the back door and see where the boat trailer is perfect in the water, and then go through it and step on the trailer and right onto the boat without getting wet.

And the SUV pulls the boat so much better and is so much more comfortable than that pickup truck ever was.

I will be on the lake every chance I get this summer.

It used to be almost like work, now it is all fun.

HAPPY!

#93 2 years ago

Not much work to do at the moment, and I am trying to take a break anyway.

I want to get the boat out more and go fishing, and now my girlfriend is really getting into all that.

While ago she asked if I was wearing swimming trunks to try to get some sun when we go to the lake, I said no.

She said "well, I am wearing a bikini, I want to get some sun".

HAPPY!

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

my 61st birthday

Happy Birthday!

Mine is this Saturday, and all I want is dinner at the seafood buffet that we have not been to in almost 18 months.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just want everything to open back up!

Me too!

But I did learn how to cook a little, after burning myself a few times pretty bad, and we ate some almost raw meat at times.

I am happy that my burns, nor my cooking ever landed us in the hospital.

I am happy saving money and cooking here now, but buffets, especially seafood ones, I plan to still visit every now and then.

Saving money on food = more money for games and other things, and I am happy there is a ALDI close by, their prices are the same, or even lower than the clubs.

Also happy that while I have wanted a privacy fence adjusted, and my yard needed redoing because basement gets close to flooding, I have time now, and I have figured most of that out, and doing the work myself to save money while I have some time.

And most of all, I am HAPPY that Pinside exists. I love it here. Most everyone is just so awesome all the time giving advice and helping other members.

I help when I can also, and when I have no clue I just try to help entertain.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

happy Robin fixed the picture issue in a matter of a couple hours

Robin is AWESOME!

Anyway, normally I have a long to do list, to help remind me what I need to take care of.

I am very happy that right now I only need one item from Lowes to finish a big project I had been working on, and a minnow aerator for the next time I go fishing, which hopefully will be Monday.

Also very happy that I had time to take a nap today, first time I have had time to do that in a very long time.

HAPPY WEEKEND!

#103 2 years ago

I am happy that I finally got to have a very long uninterrupted nap.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

make three Georgia pinball posts in a row

Mercy sakes alive looks we have a convoy.

#108 2 years ago

We went fishing today, did not catch anything, but we had a few bites.

I am actually happy that I did not have to spend time tonight cleaning fish.

There was hardly no one on the lake today, and I tried a spot that my best friend used to tell me about, before he passed away suddenly a few months ago.

The spot did not even give me the first bite, but I was happy thinking about him, and I could see why he would like this spot.

In the meantime my phone was ringing, from a police department.

I thought it was a scam, said they had something that belonged to me.

Turns out for whatever crazy reason my tag fell off the boat trailer, and someone picked it up and took it to the police station.

I thought no damn way, then I look at the boat trailer, tag is gone.

I told my girlfriend "hell, I will probably just be better off to go to the tag office and claim lost tag and get a new one, if I go to the police station they may fine me for littering".

Anyway, on the way back from the lake my girlfriend looked up where the police station was, so I stopped by.

It was 5:09, doors locked, hours on door said 8-5.

About 5 minutes later and 2 blocks away, I get a call, turn around if you can, we could not get to the door fast enough, we were busy with something else.

So I go back to the police station, and turns out another driver behind me seen my tag fall off, and they picked it up and took it to the police station.

That dude was awesome for doing that, and the police were awesome to help get my tag back.

As I was leaving I told them the joke I had made about getting a ticket for littering, and when I got back in the truck my girlfriend asked what I said that made them laugh so much.

With so much effort over a tag/license plate, I guess it was a slow crime day and just doing a good deed made a lot of people happy.

(I have no clue why the plate would have been loose, it seemed fine a few weeks ago when I put the new sticker on it, but Loctite will be used when I put it back on).

And just taking the boat to the lake with the old truck would take a tank of gas, but this newer truck the gas needle barely moves. HAPPY!

And my girlfriend seems to be getting more serious about learning how to drive the boat and do things so that I do not have to do all the work.

After several years of the boat rarely ever getting used, I am very HAPPY that this summer it is looking good to get to enjoy the boat again a lot.

In the past I have thought about just selling it, it never gets used anymore.

But, many years ago there was a few times, when someone would cancel at the last minute, I would take the boat out fishing alone, and I enjoyed those times so much that I just knew when I was older, I could always just take the boat out and have a fun day.

I would love to get the 3 person banana boat out again and tow that around with some friends also, but at the moment friends keep wimping out about anything that has to do with a boat or a lake.

Local or even passing through and want to have some fun, pm me about having some fun on the lake, need at least 5 people, well behaved kids are fine, to get that awesome banana boat going again.

Fishing? Hell no! I love fishing but been so many years not catching anything now, and we used to average 45 fish a trip.

Not even the confessional, but I confess, at times I have just wanted a reason to be on the lake, with the 3 person tube, and I have thought about just showing up, and talking to people on the beach, inviting them and their family to a very fun time on the water.

A very long time ago I was so happy to take a girlfriends kids, and that whole family out on the lake, but I got tired of her crap and I had to go.

My girlfriend now is awesome, but no family to take to the lake and have fun.

I have really missed not being able to give people a awesome time on the lake.

All of that just made me so happy, making them happy.

(and always cool that while most all were having burgers and hot dogs, they had a nice steak cooking for the captain that was spending all day towing everyone around on the big tube).

Sorry for the long rant, but it brings up so many memories, that makes me happy.

#109 2 years ago

I am happy that today is almost over.

I had too many Nattys last night and did not feel 100% today.

I am behaving tonight.

#112 2 years ago

I caught 4 really big crappies while ago.

It is relaxing to just sit on the lake at night anyway, but better if I can catch a few fish.

Now I am happy to be goofing off on here and having some beer.

(I don't drink and drive and O'Doul's only last so long until I am ready for Natty).

1 week later
#113 2 years ago

For the first time in months I had to drive about 40 miles each way to do a job.

I like to go 8-10 over whatever the speed limit is. (in my state no points unless you are going at least 15 over).

Usually there are drivers in the fast lane not even doing the limit, but not today.

I was very happy to move over and let everyone that wanted to go 10-20 over go by me.

Just very relaxing not being held up, and not holding anyone else up.

Sometimes I think I am the only driver that even looks in the rear view mirror while in the fast lane on a interstate.

I hope all of you are having a awesome week!

#122 2 years ago

^ Hell yeah, I had one of those orange cream pops while ago!

Happy Weekend!

#123 2 years ago

The new Elvira pin is a AWESOME GAME!

If you are really good, you can play this game for a hour on location, and set a new high score, win a free game, and play for another hour and repeat.

All for one dollar, you can play this game for hours.

BUT, if you are not really good, like I am, you can enjoy in your own game room, and cheat a little.

I am so happy that this game is here, and I have the keys to it, and I can just totally block those pesky out lanes if I want to.

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#124 2 years ago

I am very HAPPY that my lawn finally got some much needed rain!

Not too thrilled about the way it happened though.

The "future radar" crap is bull crap.

We decided to go to the lake to night fish.

The radar looked perfect, as did the "future radar".

After the 40 minute drive, and buying bait and paying for parking, all hell broke loose with the weather.

This big storm just came out of no where.

The "future radar" never gave a hint about it.

Anyway it was still a good time, even though the boat never made it in to the lake, just to the parking lot at the boat ramp, with a nice view of the lake and lightning all over the place.

I would have preferred to just have a relaxing night out on the lake fishing, but I do enjoy watching lightning, so all good.

#125 2 years ago

Happy Holiday Weekend!

Be careful with those fireworks, local news just did a story where they were using a watermelon for a mannequin head that was supposed to be a real person, and after they lit one of the really big fireworks they had the head placed over the tube, and it blew it all over the place.

I was always curious about what all went into those tubes, but after seeing that news story, I have learned to never try to look into it, after it is lit.

I hope this info also helps you to be safe!

DO NOT LOOK DOWN IN THAT FIREWORK TUBE AFTER LIGHTING IT!!!

I witnessed a perfectly good watermelon get wasted, and it was actually funnier than the stuff Gallagher used to do with just smashing one with the sledge o matic.

And while this is the Happy Thread, at the same time it is sad to actually have watched that on the local news.

(was funny as hell), but at the same time, WOW!

Are some people getting so dumb now that we need a news story about firework safety?

I confess (oh crap, wrong topic) that I am getting hooked on watching local news, it just gets more entertaining all the time with stupid stuff.

Gallagher was awesome back in the day, but he was just having fun, and making us laugh.

Anyway, I am happy that no one lives very close to me, and I have a metal roof that should not catch fire, should any fireworks land here over the weekend, from the crazy people on the next street over.

HAPPY JULY 3rd! (sounds like the 4th out there now).

1 week later
#127 2 years ago

I am HAPPY!

I have been operating a excavator the last few days helping a friend with a construction job that he is doing.

I really did not care to mess with it, a tad further than I like to drive unless I am on a vacation road trip.

It was fun though! I still like playing with construction equipment.

While ago it kind of got boring, and there was a chance of rain, so I kept looking at the clouds hoping for rain soon.

I was not hoping for lightning though.

Man it got bad!

I AM VERY HAPPY THAT I DID NOT GET STRUCK BY LIGHTNING WHILE AGO!

I hope all of you had a AWESOME WEEK!

And I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

If Pinside was only the top 100 lists, and comments there, I would still be here reading all that.

Pinside is just so awesome, for allowing all this other stuff also.

I have not and will not ever do any kind of sites like facebook, but I LOVE the members here, and I have met several already in the last few years.

THANKS ROBIN!

1 week later
#131 2 years ago

I will be happy when Summer is over.

Today I operated a chain saw on a construction site for a friend, and even after 72 ounces of Gatorade, and 80 ounces of water, I still was cramping very bad from dehydration.

The work was actually very easy, it was just so hot and humid I could only take 6 hours of that.

Happy Friday!

#135 2 years ago

We just got back from night fishing.

I was so happy when a song came on the radio that I liked so I could say "I love this song", and she would say "ok, I will shut up for now".

I don't know why she wants to tell me all of this stuff about her aunts and this and that, but it is not very entertaining.

I try to listen though.

You never know.

Sometimes I can not figure out if she was trying to make a point, or why she was telling me something.

Some of the stories about her Dad and brother are pretty funny though, so I try to listen.

Anyway we only caught 3, but they were pretty good sized crappies.

Another boat had anchored near us, and I noticed they were about to leave after being there about 2 hours, and I said loud enough so they could hear "did you catch anything"?

They said no.

I said we have 3 pretty nice ones, I was not going to keep any, but they had swallowed the hook, so I kept them hoping to give them away if you want them.

They were very happy!

They was up on the lake camping, and fishing, and they really wanted to cook some fish.

They were like wow, this is enough to feed 6 people! (so they were for sure new to fishing, maybe 2 people would get a good meal out of fish that size).

I love catching fish, I am still burnt out on eating fish though, after I have ate so many through the years.

We just always release what we catch, but they were biting weird tonight, and swallowing the hooks without pulling the line. (minnows for bait).

Anyway, I am happy that I was able to give some fish to someone that was really wanting to cook them.

Also happy that my girlfriend finally touched a minnow. As we were about to leave she actually took the minnow off a hook to put the rod away.

(and I got to hear a lot about how proud I should be that she finally touched one).

I am just happy that she really loves fishing, and I have only had one other girlfriend that loved fishing, and I have always baited the hook for any girlfriend. (minnows are super easy, I do kind of hate baiting live worms though, but we rarely use those). (not that worms are all nasty or anything, they just move in a way that it is harder to get them on a hook good).

And while I was parking the truck after putting the boat in the water, my girlfriend started talking to a couple that was taking their boat out of the water, and when I got back my girlfriend was saying, "well, my boyfriend may know you".

(I was thinking yeah right).

Turns out it was someone I went to high school with, and his wife. We were never close, but he was cool, and I do not have anything bad to say about him, and it was cool hearing who all from school that he still talks to. The dude was very nice, just like back when we were in school.

It was a very fun night on the lake.

But I do not drink and drive, so I am HAPPY to be home now, and enjoying a beer (or 2).

#136 2 years ago

My ranch style house has a large front porch. Under it used to be just dirt and the footings of the house.

About 20 years ago I paid a friend to make me a crawlspace there with a wooden floor, for storage.

Well I knew I had some saltwater rods and reels there, and soon going saltwater fishing, so I moved all the crap out of the way to get to that room.

Yeah spiderwebs were awful, but it was worth it.

I am happy that I found twice as many heavy duty rods and reels than I remember putting in there 20 years ago, and they are all in very great shape.

Also, I thought that a lot of my reels did not have any kind of way to adjust the drag.

I know loosening the knob on the top of the reels is supposed to set the drag, but did not on mine.

I am very happy that I kept tinkering with those, and found that they were just frozen up, and actually work fine now.

Now all I need is some new line, hooks, sinkers, leaders, and I am good to go.

(yeah my girlfriend likes a different type of reel, so I will have to change out her stuff to go from lake to saltwater), but at least I have plenty that I can have ready to go for myself without changing anything.

We love fishing, but we don't care about eating them, I ate way too many through the years, got tired of them.

It is always fun though to give someone the fish we caught, and make them happy.

#137 2 years ago

Never mind saving any saltwater fish and giving away like I do with lake fish.

I just looked at Florida Recreational Saltwater Fishing Regulations, and that is way more crap to even try to keep up with than I would attempt while I am relaxing and drinking beer and fishing.

A whole lot of different species, and some you can not keep at all, and some have to be longer than 19 inches, but shorter than 24 inches.

And even if a fish is not on the chart anywhere, you can only keep up to 100lbs.

No wonder why saltwater fishing if chartering a boat costs so much now.

I used to think it was only because the boat costed around a million or more, but now I know a lot of the cost is just having to all the time pay attention to all the details and rules.

I hate rules.

Anyway, while reading all of that at the end in small print it said it is illegal to even land... listed about 20 or more species.

Hell, instead of even catch and release, to be safe we will just have fun fighting with a fish for a while, and just cut the line before we ever "land" anything.

After reading all of those rules, makes me even more happy that we do not care to eat fish anyway, we just like reeling them in for a while.

And honestly I never would even have bothered looking at all of that, but I like the TV show Lone Star Law.

In that show just way too many rules.

Oh, you have to tag that fish.

Oh. you did not tag that fish correctly.

I get that they are trying to conserve and all of that, but it still sucks.

So many times you may go fishing, and not have much luck.

And then when you do get lucky, and catch a lot of fish, and have a awesome time, here comes a Game Warden, to find something you did wrong, and give you a $300.00 fine.

I am happy that I try to pay attention to all of this stuff, so at worst I may get a $250.00 speeding ticket on the way to the motel in the first place.

Fishing is fun. Traveling is fun.

I am happy that I can just stay home, and play pins when I want, and not go anywhere.

And maybe I have the tilt set a little loose, but at least so far there is no way I can get a ticket or fine for that.

(anyway, want to vent about anything, hopefully somehow you can use the word "happy" at least one time, but not a rule, I hate rules).

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You don’t have to worry, as currently you can only keep trout, due to the red tide outbreak, that’s now moved up to St Pete area.

That trip is 5 weeks away.

I hope all is good when we get there, we also want to hit the beach for a couple of days also.

In the meantime I am happy that I do not have much to do at the moment, it is way too hot and humid right now, that crap drains me.

#142 2 years ago

I just remembered this for whatever reason.

I am very happy that my bolt cutters were dull about 32 years ago, and I was standing on a pile of tires, with the cutters leaned against the fuse box for leverage, when I cut that 660 volt power line, that I was told was off.

Back then Dad did a lot of demolition, and he always let me have all the copper.

Long story short, after the lightning flash, and I came out of that daze, the bolt cutters were melted at the cutting end, and at the handle, and where the handle was against that fuse box.

The next day I almost had my left foot cut off in a freak accident.

I love being here goofing off on Pinside, but the more I think about it, I am just happy to be alive now.

I hope all of you are HAPPY, and having a AWESOME WEEK!

(soon we are taking our first vacation in 2 years, and it is just sitting on a dock, and saltwater fishing, yeah, still staying away from crowds).

#145 2 years ago

Obviously I love Pinside, and spend a lot of time here.

I am also happy we have Google and YouTube.

I have never fished with live shrimp, and doing that soon, and it was nice to watch videos about that, so that I do not have to ask dumbass questions at a bait shop later.

And for a few minutes I was happy that my girlfriend can tie knots, as I am getting older that is getting harder.

BUT, when I was just setting the drag on the fishing reel her knot came loose. So hell no.

Happy again now that I just tied the best knot ever, using a pair of vise grip pliers to handle the swivels, and hooks (that was getting harder to hold tiny stuff), and now I no longer dread having to tie knots with fishing line.

And now that we know more about how dangerous lead is, I am happy to be alive after all of those years when I was younger and used my teeth to attach lead weights onto fishing line, instead of using pliers. (that was just what everyone did back then).

Sometimes I still use a fingernail as a screwdriver, but I am trying to just chill and get what tool I need, instead of all that in a hurry crap I used to do.

Not happy that I am getting older and some stuff is getting harder.

But I am happy that I am wiser now, and I think about anything a lot more, instead of just jumping right in.

I hope all of you have a awesome week!

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A few tech things to take care of and this day is over for me. Then I'll be happy.

I am sorry your day was so hectic and crazy.

I hope you finished all of that, and you are 100% happy now.

I hope the rest of not only this year, but the whole next decade you have the best of luck and everything you touch turns to gold, and nothing else tears up that you have to repair, and no one has any problems with any games, and you can just goof off on here telling funny stories and jokes, and not have a care in the world about anything else repair wise, and have a awesome time just relaxing and having fun.

You deserve a break, and I hope you can have a awesome break, while at the same time not having any worries at all.

(which is kind of what I want also), but in the meantime I will be happy if things will stop breaking and I can stop buying parts for myself also.

At the very least, we can all be happy that we are still above ground, even if it seems like everything else sucks sometimes.

#149 2 years ago

I am HAPPY to be back home alone now.

My girlfriend was a pain to deal with tonight.

I wanted to go night fishing one night this week, and tonight looked the best, with the wind forecasts, as long as the rain stayed south of the lake as they predicted.

Before we even left, she said oh, I am afraid it may storm.

I said, well, it is not forecast to storm at the lake.

A little more back and forth and I said why don't you stay here, and play Big Buck Hunter(I swear she is badly addicted to that game), while I go fish.

On the lake, her: oh, I felt a drop of rain, I know you had to of felt that.

Me: Yep, feels good to me.

If it were to start raining much I will open the Bimini top, I have fished in rain before and it works pretty good.

I had to listen to crap all night, only caught one fish, and lost something really big before I could get it to the boat, it was zinging the drag on the reel.

I am happy to be back at home alone drinking beer.

In the future if it is even cloudy I am going to insist that I fish alone that night.

(and to be fair, her aging Mom that she has been babysitting has been getting on her last nerve), but at the same time, my girlfriend will learn that when I am ready to fish, I am not putting up with any crap.

She did apologize a few times, she seen how I was never mean, or rude, and it did not rain except maybe 10 very light drops the whole time.

I was very happy to get back home and see it was raining here, it had been several days since my lawn had any rain.

I was also happy that when I checked my email, some rare music CD's I have had on Amazon for a while had sold while I was gone fishing.

Cha-ching!

2 weeks later
#159 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Yeah as soon as I typed the above…sure enough…. We are at that part where you can hear the water come down from the downspout across the street and rumbles in the background.

I will be very HAPPY if I still have power this time tomorrow night.

A tropical system is on the way, already at Dothan, AL.

The last time a system came through here, (last October) I had no power for 3-4 days, would have been longer except word got back to Georgia Power that I was about to clear the street myself so that I could go out and get more beer.

I had no internet for 14 days or longer.

I had no landline (home phone) for 60-120 days, I can not even remember.

The last few days I have worked outside a lot splitting firewood, and sweated my butt off with all the heat and humidity.

Today was nice. The cloud cover kept it cooler, and when it rained a little it felt good.

Anyway, I have more wood to work on, and it will be in the 90's again soon, so tomorrow while 78 with the system coming through, I am thinking about working in swimming trunks.

Yeah, I am a tad worried about the wind knocking over a tree on me, but that would be kind of a funny way to go.

Headline: Tree Falls And Kills A Man While He Is Splitting Wood From Another Tree.

If it does get real rough I will head for cover, but I will never live in fear of some wind and lightning like my girlfriend.

If it is even cloudy at all no need to take her fishing. She thinks every little noise is thunder and a storm is headed towards us.

Life is too short to live in fear of every little weather thing.

Stay Happy My Friends!

1 week later
#165 2 years ago

I am very happy!

I have not saltwater fished in over 20 years, and within 10 days I will be getting to do that again.

Yeah, way down south in Florida during hurricane season, what could go wrong?

(the motel has a no refund unless mandatory evacuations are ordered policy, and that is fine with me, I have been in tropical storms in the Florida panhandle, no big deal, just some wind and rain).

In the meantime my girlfriend is all worried about what the weather may do, and it gets old hearing that crap.

I will be happy if she goes on the trip, but at the same time, I will be just as happy if I end up on the trip alone fishing in a storm.

About 35 years ago me and a friend was hanging out and drinking at my Dads construction company office when lightning hit and caught the office on fire.

I will never forget the feeling of being stunned by that lightning bolt, and the smell like a whole lot of gun powder or the smell of dynamite being shot brings.

Lightning very close has a very distinct crackle, a split second before the deafening thunder.

And it has a smell to it, I know first hand.

My girlfriend wants to talk about storms, sharks, and stingrays.

I am most worried about the flesh eating bacteria, but at some point while on the trip I do plan to get in the ocean for a day or 2.

I consider myself semi-retired.

If not for taxes and insurance costs I could fully retire. (close to a 20 grand a year expense)

So I have to work a little, about 40 days a year I help a friend do construction, like I did for myself a very long time ago.

99% of the time I enjoy getting out and doing that stuff again, operating excavators and other construction equipment.

But I am so HAPPY, that the next time there is a 1% deal, that I will not enjoy what my friend has going on, I can just say find someone else, I have plenty to do and I do not need any stress like you are trying to bring to me.

Life is just too short, to put up with any kind of crap at all.

I am happy that I am pretty independent, and I can take a long road trip alone and have a great time if I ever need to.

Hell, I am just happy for all I have, that I have worked hard for in the past, and now I plan to chill and enjoy life and still work hard, but only work hard if I am actually enjoying any work that I do.

Sometimes things work out and I get to have some nice long afternoon naps.

At this point in my life, long afternoon naps are to me, what being some billionaire is to someone else.

I have been very busy for the last month, and no nap time, but soon, one way or another, I will have some more naps, because naps make me very HAPPY!

(almost the weekend, and I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!)

(sorry for the long post, just me being me).

***and if anyone just skipped the long post and wanted to read this last line, you did not miss anything, I was just talking about different dog breeds and how it was easier to train some breeds over others***

#167 2 years ago

I have been so busy the last 2 or 3 weeks that I never had a nap.

I still have plenty to do, but I finally took a nap anyway.

Anyway, HAPPY WEEKEND!

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have been so busy the last 2 or 3 weeks that I never had a nap.

I worked long hours all weekend, (almost 12 hours Saturday), and now if nothing comes up I can pretty much nap most of this week, and then the next week I will be on vacation saltwater fishing.

I hope it works out that way. If it does I will be very HAPPY!

2 weeks later
#173 2 years ago

I am HAPPY that football season is here again, and no more 90 degree days are in the weather forecast.

And last I heard, in Georgia we may not have to mess with all that clock changing 2 times a year, it passed here to do away with it, but still needed federal approval.

I will be very HAPPY if I never have to set the clock in my vehicles again.

(I will be most HAPPIEST if they leave the time on the one that gave a extra hour of sleep).

#174 2 years ago

I hope all of you are having a very happy weekend!

1 week later
#176 2 years ago

I hope all of you had a AWESOME WEEKEND!

I know I did.

Anyway about 3 years ago I picked up a "The Twilight Zone" DVD box set with 156 episodes for nothing, and finally just recently I have started watching some a little.

While through the years I have seen some of these many times on TV, I am very happy how many I have never seen, and they were way ahead of their time, and still great to watch now.

And it will probably be short lived, but I am happy the Broncos are 3-0 so far this season.

#177 2 years ago
image017 (resized).jpgimage017 (resized).jpg
#178 2 years ago

I have a few captions to post, they are not funny, so I figured this would be the best place to post them.

460_thumb (resized).jpg460_thumb (resized).jpg
#179 2 years ago
461_thumb (resized).jpg461_thumb (resized).jpg
#180 2 years ago
463_thumb (resized).jpg463_thumb (resized).jpg
#181 2 years ago
465_thumb (resized).jpg465_thumb (resized).jpg
#182 2 years ago
467_thumb (resized).jpg467_thumb (resized).jpg
#183 2 years ago
469_thumb (resized).jpg469_thumb (resized).jpg
#184 2 years ago
470_thumb (resized).jpg470_thumb (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#189 2 years ago

Girlfriend is waiting on me, so if I type too long, may not be happy tonight.

#192 2 years ago

My weekend was AWESOME!

(except for the part about my girlfriend saying her Mom told someone that she wished we would get married).

HELL NO!

I have always been single and pretty happy, I am in no hurry to ever be married and take a chance of not being happy all of a sudden.

A AWESOME GIRLFRIEND MAKES ME HAPPY!

I have never been married, and all the married people that I know are not as happy as me.

And I have a couple of good friends that were divorced recently, and they said never again would they get married.

I never wanted any kids, never had any kids, and never been married, and I am HAPPY!

(and we are all different, I am not insulting anyone, I am just saying what makes me HAPPY!)

#193 2 years ago

I finally had time to get in the jacuzzi. HAPPY!

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Did you type this from your phone while in the jacuzzi?

Hell No!

The phone stays in the house. I get in the jacuzzi to relax and drink beer.

#199 2 years ago

I am HAPPY the World Series is on TV, gives me time to do other stuff while my girlfriend watches that boring stuff.

And I am extremely HAPPY that it is cooler outside now, I hate Summer anymore and all the humidity and sweating to the point I cramp up very bad.

And while the summer humidity sucks, I am happy no earthquakes, no volcanoes, no direct hits from hurricanes, (although hurricanes can and do knock down trees here and without power for days, and internet for weeks, at least no worries about a tsunami ever hitting here).

Always something out to get us.

I am HAPPY we are all still here right now!

#202 2 years ago

I am happy that baseball season is over with, baseball bores me.

#205 2 years ago

I am happy that the time is changing and it will get dark early now.

And it is getting cooler and I can have a bonfire outside and drink some beer and enjoy all that.

VERY HAPPY all the summer heat and humidity is gone for a long time.

And very Happy I have a Awesome girlfriend, but if I keep typing and don't hurry up and get in bed I may miss out on some more happiness, so goodnight, I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

1 week later
#208 2 years ago

Happy that I got caught up on everything I needed to do today, and I may have time for a afternoon nap soon.

#209 2 years ago

bump.

While most people love the holiday season, me and my girlfriend can not stand all of that stuff, and we hate all of the holiday TV commercials.

We will be Happy when 2022 arrives at this point.

I hope all of you have a awesome holiday season though!

#217 2 years ago

I spent some time today planning the next vacation, and I have came up with the first week of February to go to Busch Gardens in Tampa, and then head further south to sit on a dock and drink beer and fish.

Just thinking about that stuff makes me very HAPPY!

Thankfully at the moment everything in life is going pretty smooth, but always nice to pinpoint a date that we will be somewhere else, having even more fun.

(in the meantime I do not like the high gas prices, so while most of the time my vehicles have a full tank, right now they stay at a 1/4 tank, and I only buy any gas when I absolutely have to).

BUT! If gas is even like 10 bucks a gallon when time for vacation, I will not blink a eye, vacation is priority.

As I get older time just flies by, so I am trying to have all of the fun I can while I am still above ground.

4 weeks later
#219 2 years ago

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Hard to believe no posts here in over 2 weeks.

Anyway, for a while earlier today I was stressed out thinking I would have to pay a repairman for what I messed up while trying to make a repair myself, but with the help of my game dealer on the phone I was able to get a game back going and I did not have to spend any money.

Jason at Classic Game Rooms is AWESOME!

(and recently I had chest pains so bad that I thought I was dying, and a few minutes later and a few belches later I was ok again, and I was pretty happy when that pain was gone).

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Except it cost him $700 to fart

He got off cheap!

I had a friend that about 20 years ago going to the hospital with chest pains cost him 80 grand with no insurance just to find out he had severe indigestion.

I am very happy for every day, and every year that passes by that I do not have to go to a hospital for anything, and I actually have good insurance.

#226 2 years ago

For TV I had Comcast for years, but anytime there is a storm around here it takes them forever to get the lines back up and I got tired of going weeks at a time with no TV.

So over a year ago I went with DISH. I have been happy with them until recently. Not their fault from what I understand, but NBC has pulled some crap, and I had been missing out on the Sunday night NFL games.

WELL! I went out and purchased a really good antenna, and set all that up today, way up in the air, and for the first time since 1980 I watched TV that was totally free, and I pick up 106 channels.

And yeah, only about 5 of those channels I will ever watch, but with cable or satellite where they have 300 or more channels I watch maybe 10 channels, so I am liking this free TV stuff.

I am very happy that as soon as my contract with DISH is up, I can just cancel and never pay a dime for TV again.

But no hurry, I am still under contract for 11 more months, so in the summer when all of the leaves are back on the trees I can check and see how my over the air signal is doing.

In the meantime I was just very happy to be able to see a Sunday night NFL game again, and to also see how many channels I can get for free over the air.

One of my good friends that lives about 20 miles away gets 41 channels, I was shocked to see that I pick up 106 channels.

And just amazing how many of those channels I had also thought was cable or satellite only is actually over the air also.

Yeah, no discovery channel, or history channel, ESPN, SEC, NFL network, but I kind of figured that anyway.

My girlfriend was very impressed, and another reason I am HAPPY!

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Pictures or it never happened

I can take pics now, what do you want pics of?

(not taking any of my girlfriend though and posting them on here).

#230 2 years ago

Here is the picture of the box it came in. If you want I will also send a pic of it mounted on the roof of my storage building out back. (not tonight, dark and cold out).

I hate assembly, and this had a good bit of that, but it was super easy to figure out.

I forgot what I Googled, but I did that and gave my zip code and it told me which direction to aim the antenna at.

Right now just using it for Sunday night football because NBC is not on DISH, but this summer when all of the leaves are back on the trees I am going to mess with it a lot more and make sure I still have a great signal before cutting the cord to pay TV.

Pretty sure with cable or satellite they charge for local channels I can now get for free, so at least after the summer tree test I am going to start saving that money and at the least have that taken off my bill.

I was very impressed that free TV has a listings channel, so no need to surf, you can watch that channel for a few minutes and see everything that is out there to watch, and all FREE! (after 150 bucks for the antenna, 40 bucks for the converter box, and around 35 bucks for the wire that is not included).

I am HAPPY!

Soon I may be watching TV for free! (like I said, I still want to see how good it works after the leaves are back on the trees).

output (2) (resized).jpgoutput (2) (resized).jpg
#232 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Sounds like a good idea !

I was happy to see the game last night, and I will post again in the future after the leaves are on the trees and I know for sure how this will work out.

At least it is 100% free after buying the equipment. 106 channels right now, and many of the same ones that I like and watch a lot on DISH.

#233 2 years ago

I have been needing a metal detector, I cut a lot of wood, and I constantly hit metal in the wood and wreck chainsaw chains.

My uncle gave me a really good one while ago that he paid 20 bucks for at a yard sale. It is a 750.00 metal detector that was never used.

Some woman was selling it, it was her boyfriend's, and he ran off with another woman and she was selling all of his stuff.

Pretty happy that I now have something I have been needing, and for the price I love, FREE!

#237 2 years ago

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#238 2 years ago

I will also send a pic of it mounted on the roof of my storage building out back. (not tonight, dark and cold out).

I finally made it back on the roof to get the pic.

Reception is great when the weather is good. When the weather is bad with wind and rain it messes up.

Not sure if I will ever be able to cut the cord on pay TV, but I am under contact for several more months anyway.

IMG_20211225_130627659 (resized).jpgIMG_20211225_130627659 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#242 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Move it higher. Wet, swaying trees are probably killing reception.

To move it much higher I would probably need a special permit from the nearby airport.

Merry New Year!

4 weeks later
#250 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I can only play one at a time

I don't have many games, but I am totally happy with the variety.

For a long time, I was buying and selling very frequently, but now I am not looking to buy anything, or sell anything.

I used to think a Jaws pin would be a must have if ever made. Now not so much.

At the moment a Gold Rush pin made about the TV show with Parker would be a possible buy, but for sure a Deadliest Catch pin with callouts from the captains would be a must have.

I really do not watch that many TV shows, but for the last 20 years or however long it has been around, I have been watching the crab fishing shows. (And Gold Rush shows for a few years now, I have seen all of them also).

I have been very happy and content for a long while now, and I really hope to stay that way.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

#256 2 years ago

Happy!

IMG_20220206_112443033 (resized).jpgIMG_20220206_112443033 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#257 2 years ago

I am happy that I am not currently in the market for a new or used car or truck, or a new or used pinball machine either.

Right now, just going fishing anytime I can, and having a long afternoon nap anytime I can.

2 weeks later
#258 2 years ago

I am happy that I was born when I was and got to hear all the awesome 80's music all the time on the radio.

I like a few songs from pretty much every decade I have been alive, but overall, 80's music is the best.

The only real negative thing I can think of about the 80's was the 55mph speed limit.

#261 2 years ago

The chili last night did not agree with me, and I just laid around most of today.

Happy about that now, because I feel better adjusted to this time change crap.

I will be very happy if someday this time change crap goes away for good.

1 week later
#263 2 years ago

I am happy that I was finally able to find one of those metal cans for starting charcoal.

Now I never have to buy the fluid again, and after 2 times using the can, I can already tell that the charcoal is ready in 1/3 of the time it took using fluid.

Next, I will be very happy if the saw chains I bought for half price are actually worth a crap. They seem to weigh about half what an Oregon chain weighs.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

The fire starters are nice,but make sure your windows are closed if you use it near the house.

Yeah, that newspaper smoke is very thick and smells, so I totally get that.

#266 2 years ago

HAPPY!

THANKS!

For a while now I have been pretty much upvoting every post in the Elvira thread, because everyone is so cool and helpful.

Well, while ago someone actually complained and asked if moderators could step in and stop me from upvoting every post.

I gave that post a upvote also.

Later I responded to it, and I got several upvotes, I was very surprised.

THANKS AGAIN!

Stay Happy and have a great week!

#269 2 years ago

The wind is about like a tropical storm here at the moment.

I will be very happy if trees do not fall again and knock out everything and I cannot even get on Pinside for 30 days, like what happened the last time the wind was blowing like this.

3 weeks later
#271 1 year ago

I am happy the burning season is almost over. I put out 31 hot spots in the woods today that this bad boy burning machine started. (Only one fire flared up enough that the excavator was needed).

IMG_20220421_160605460 (resized).jpgIMG_20220421_160605460 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#278 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

YouTube strikes again!

YouTube is AWESOME! I am very HAPPY that site exists and I can have a few beers and listen to some music, watch a video about a repair I need to make, or sometimes even watch a movie.

One of my favorite things on YouTube is the full length VH1 Behind The Music episodes. I used to love that show back when VH1 was still good, before they went to crap like MTV.

Stay Happy My Friends!

#284 1 year ago

VERY HAPPY that I am going away on a vacation!

Maybe I will remember to make some pics, I keep forgetting my phone is actually a camera also. I am old school.

#285 1 year ago

Another reason to be HAPPY:

Going on a fishing vacation, and I just looked at the weather, and there is supposed to be a west wind most of the time I am there.

Old saying: when the wind blows out of the west, the fish bite the best, and when the wind blows out of the east, the fish bite the least.

1 week later
#286 1 year ago

Going on a fishing vacation, and I just looked at the weather, and there is supposed to be a west wind most of the time I am there.

That worked out well for catching over 150 fish in 3 days, problem is it was mostly all saltwater catfish that we threw back.

BUT! Still happy though that we had a great time, and was able to have so much fun reeling in all those fish!

(We have been back a week now, and my girlfriend is still complaining about how catching all those fish have messed up her arms).

STAY HAPPY MY FRIENDS!

#287 1 year ago

Before we left on that trip, one of my clients really ticked me off.

I have been very HAPPY that they have not called again yet since I returned home.

I have actually been avoiding my phone because I do not want to hear from them about any work they need me for at the moment.

In the meantime another client tried to call and text while I was avoiding my phone, and I love this client, and they showed up at my door with a gift.

I am getting older, and my time here is getting shorter, and I will no longer deal with anyone that ticks me off.

I am pretty frugal anyway, and I damn sure can be more frugal to do work I enjoy that pays a tad less, than to ever work for anyone else again that ticks me off, just because I can make a tad more.

I could make a hell of a lot more, but those clients would want me working 80 hours a week, and HELL NO!, I am not doing that, I did that for years when I was younger.

I am not going to burn any bridges at this point, but instead just have good excuses to people that ticks me off and calls me back again.

Very good excuses that may make them decide what they may have said, or even texted to me that I am all of a sudden sick all the time and not available to help them anymore. (the greedy assholes).

Sorry for the long rant.

I do still have tons of funny stuff to post in funny captions whenever I finally get some time.

Between doing work that I love, and my girlfriend spending so much time with me, I just have less time for Pinside at the moment.

I am HAPPY to have work I love, and a awesome girlfriend!

I am also very HAPPY that I am finally ready to just tell a certain client to kiss my ass the next time they call.

I just want to be HAPPY, and that client just stresses me out anymore. HELL NO!

On a side note I also would be very happy if I no longer received any spam calls.

But VERY HAPPY THOUGH that I have found how many TV channels I can get for free with an antenna, and cutting the cord and saving that few bucks a month when my contract is up.

STAY HAPPY MY FRIENDS!

1 week later
#294 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Upvoting your post just made me happy!

Quoted from spicekabay:

this is the spirit!

I love to upvote!

I have never left a downvote and I never will.

STAY HAPPY!

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Johnny, what the heck is that contraption?

It is called a burning machine. It is a very powerful fan to make a fire burn very hot and fast.

#299 1 year ago

I am very happy that I have plenty of work close to home, and I can say no if that one customer were to call wanting me to drive 2 hours round trip to help him at the moment. (Yeah, the dude that has the burning machine).

Not only do I not care about driving with the high gas prices, but also I have not felt great recently, so nice to stay close to home for now.

For several weeks now my girlfriend and I have also been happy playing Mexican Train dominos.

In the last week I also had a tooth go to hurting pretty bad, same one that has hurt in the past, and just like in the past it has started behaving again.

A while back I did have a lot of dental work, and although that tooth was on my list, I guess the dentist seen some reason to leave it alone.

I will be totally happy if I never have any more dental expenses, hell, I have had surgeries cheaper than a dental visit.

STAY HAPPY! (Yeah, it will not help with the pain at the pump and other things, but it may hopefully at least help with the blood pressure and other things)

1 week later
#302 1 year ago

Sad. Almost a week and no more posts here.

I have not been happy with all the record-breaking high temps and humidity here the last few days, BUT! supposed to be a tad cooler and less humid by Sunday, and I will be VERY HAPPY for that!

I hope all of you have A GREAT WEEKEND!

1 week later
#312 1 year ago

I am happy that I am about to cancel the insurance and tag on a work vehicle that I have been driving for over 14 years doing construction work.

I will still do some work that I enjoy, but I will no longer deal with anyone that stresses me out, life is too short for that crap.

Self-employed and semi-retiring a tad more is all it adds up to, but I am HAPPY!

#313 1 year ago

I will still do some work that I enjoy

I will be very happy once I have more time to do work that I enjoy.

Right now I keep staying up late drinking beer and celebrating the fact that I will never get up at 5am to work again, doing work that I no longer enjoy, for people I no longer enjoy working for.

Not doing too bad though, mostly getting up at 9:30am these days. (Ok, the crack of noon some days also).

#317 1 year ago

After years of having to get up at 5am, for about 54 days a year random, I am so HAPPY that client has not called me since May 11th now.

At this point I do not plan to deal with anymore of their crap.

I stay busy, but yet I feel retired now. HAPPY!

Happy Long Holiday Weekend!

(I will be working the whole time, but not getting up at 5am, or answering to anyone).

1 week later
#321 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

Sub $4 definitely happy!

It is a good start, but I hope not the new normal.

I will be Happy when it is back under $1.99

1 week later
#327 1 year ago

All I know is I am tired, I have not felt great at times the last few weeks, but I am HAPPY!

#328 1 year ago

All I know is I am tired, I have not felt great at times the last few weeks, but I am HAPPY!

5 days later, I am not quite as tired, been feeling a tad better, and still HAPPY!

Having a awesome girlfriend helps. A few days ago I was cutting grass and it was raining a little, and the rain felt really good, refreshing, I was enjoying that, and then later my girlfriend said she was worried about me with all the thunder happening.

I never even heard any thunder.

It was cute she cared though.

She is so afraid of thunder and lightning she pretty much just gets in a closet.

I try to take cover when it is very close, but I like watching a thunderstorm in a distance.

1 week later
#332 1 year ago

I am happy that I am able to stay close to home most of the time and be able to help family as they are aging.

Recently I canceled the insurance on my main work vehicle, and between that and the gas I save it added up.

Now only paying insurance on one vehicle, and driving only around 50 miles a month now, instead of 1000 miles or more a month.

My girlfriend would like to go to the beach, and I will be happy if we do, and also happy if we do not.

If we do it will be after Labor Day, when the motel rates come way down.

Also happy that I am frugal and do not waste money on any of those lotteries just because the jackpot is so high. Odds way too bad.

1-2 times a week I do buy a Cash For Life ticket though, odds are a whole lot better, and cheap entertainment.

#334 1 year ago

Not to be a broken record, but almost 2 months now since I have had to get up at 5am, and now if they text or call again, I have the balls to say NO!

It feels GOOD!

I am HAPPY!

I stay busy anyway, not even much time for an afternoon nap most of the time.

#335 1 year ago

Lots of deer around here now, and I like them. I am not a hunter, but I do love to go fishing.

Anyway, I bought a mineral block for the deer, just $12, and they love it, and it makes me happy seeing those pretty animals licking and biting on it.

I have heard a lot of stories about deer eating out of people's hands, and I would be happy if someday the deer around here would get that close to me.

#339 1 year ago

Yesterday was my girlfriend's birthday, and I had a hell of a lot more fun on her birthday than I did on my birthday a couple months ago.

Now she is leaving town for a few days to see her mom.

I am HAPPY I am getting a break now!

We get along great, but I have a few games that she does not care about so I don't play them much, and now I will.

#340 1 year ago

I am happy that I learned about bulk buying at wholesale clubs when I was young.

Saves me lot of money.

I refuse to do the auto-renewal (I have a BJ's Wholesale card), and instead right before it expires, I stock up on another years' worth of what I will need from them, so I just pay for and use the card every other year, and have everything I need all the time.

I tried Costco, but I did not like the one near me.

I refuse to do Sam's Club, because I try to avoid Walmart.

What made me think of this was I just checked the date on the BBQ sauce I buy in bulk, and I am still in great shape with that.

(Sonny's sweet sauce).

Pretty much everything else never expires anyway, paper towels, trash bags, etc.

Food at Aldi is just as cheap, so no need to stock up on that.

2 weeks later
#343 1 year ago

I am happy to be alive and here right now, and the fact that cooler weather and football season will be back soon is icing on the cake.

#344 1 year ago

Of course it really helps that my area rarely has any snow. And I am happy about that also!

1 week later
#345 1 year ago

Before the virus stuff came around, I was already pretty frugal with food and eating out.

For years I had the Six Flags dining pass that was dirt cheap, and eating there for next to nothing.

It was just a 5 mile drive.

Anyway, I am so glad that I adapted, and I learned how to cook a little, because even fast food now is way too high, and I can save all that, for the next game that comes out that I want.

And one thing about it, these days most games hold their value very well, and may even make a few bucks if I decide to sell.

And now, unless I am on vacation, at the most I drive 80 miles a month, so with the higher gas prices that is awesome also!

I AM HAPPY!

Stay Happy and Frugal my Friends!

1 week later
#349 1 year ago

Damn!

A whole week now and no one really HAPPY about anything and posting here?

Well, I am getting older, and after all the crazy stuff I have done in the past, I am HAPPY that I still have all of my fingers and toes, and most of my teeth.

All GOOD!

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEKEND!

#350 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#351 1 year ago
1 month later
#361 1 year ago

HAPPY!

What thread is this?

Confess I am just clowning around.

Almost 3am, in the middle of the work week, and I have nothing that I have to get up early to do or take care of.

I am very happy about that, because I have stayed up way too late tonight, and I had a few too many beers, and I have really enjoyed making a lot of posts all over the place here tonight, and I have learned a little in the process.

This is a very AWESOME SITE!

Plenty of great people here that try their best to give AWESOME advice.

I try to be good and pay back some good advice when I can also.

I really hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

3 weeks later
#369 1 year ago

With all the leaves I have been cleaning up, I am not happy just yet, but I am content.

I will be happy when all the leaves finish falling, and I can clean them up one last time and be done and can finally enjoy the nice cool air that is here now.

I am very happy that the air is cool and crisp now!

1 week later
#370 1 year ago

This song always made me happy when it came on the radio.

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Makes me happy to see that there's none of that grumpiness here that you sometimes see on other threads!

It is the 2nd most happiest thread, with the overall happiest thread being "What machine did you bring home today".

#374 1 year ago

Happy Holidays!

I hope Santa brings you everything that you wish for in a few weeks, and in the meantime, I hope all of you have a wonderful week!

1 week later
#378 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

Happy Friday!

The weeks fly by faster and faster the older I get. It does not seem like Friday at all to me.

I am very happy that I am pretty much as good as new now, after I was very sick a few weeks ago.

I tested negative for everything, so no clue what that mess was. First time that I had been sick since 2019, so another reason to be HAPPY!

I am also very happy that I no longer have to drive much, unless on a vacation, and I do not have to sit in traffic, and pay all the high prices at the pump too often.

While ago I was in an area on business, that I always top off my gas tank there because prices are normally the lowest.

I just paid $2.57 a gallon, and I am happy that it has come way down, from where it was for a while.

#381 1 year ago

After 14 years, my favorite local radio station is back on the air! 99x

I am so happy that station is back.

Happy Christmas!

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Three days ago our seven month year old cat bolted out the door and didn't come back

I am happy that all of that turned out great!

Reminds me of the black lab mix that I had a very long time ago.

He was a stray when I found him, or actually when he found me. His name was Blackie.

Blackie was bad to jump the fence, to go bark at a neighbor taking out their trash at night, and then come back to the gate, whining, wanting to be let back in.

I was like really dude, you can jump the fence to get out, but you cannot jump the fence to get back in?

One time he did not come back, days later this lady that commuted to work with my aunt was talking about this awesome dog that had strayed to their place, and yep, it was Blackie.

Blackie never pulled that again, he was happy to be back.

That dog used to go everywhere with me, and he would ride on construction equipment with me all day while I was working.

Anyway, Happy Christmas, and Merry New Year!

2 weeks later
#387 1 year ago

I am happy, that I am alive, and doing mostly fine.

My mom is 79, and she has severe memory loss now.

A few months ago, I bought her a new phone, because she lost hers.

Tomorrow/today now, I have to get some keys made for her, because she lost her keys. (I keep the master set, for just in case, and when she asked for the master set, I said Hell No). (A few bucks to get new keys made is no big deal, hundreds of bucks for new locks are).

My uncle, that is the next closest family member to me recently lost his wife (my aunt), and he is not taking it well at all, and he has been suicidal, but I have been helping with him a lot also.

I have had a GREAT life!

Right now, I am happy that I have plenty of time to help with my family, as they are aging and needing more help from me.

Johnny

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Johnny,
I am happy to read your optimistic posts not just here but in many threads. One of the positive personalities on Pinside - Thanks and keep it up!

Thanks! You are also very awesome, and you have given me and others some very great advice at times also. Please keep that up!

I have just cut the cord! Today!

No more pay TV for me, after years of that.

I never realized how much is out there for free, with a good antenna. Picks up awesome also!

In the future I am sure I will stream some tv, after one of my friends shows me how that works, for some channels that the antenna doesn't pick up.

Confess I already know that I will miss the button to pause live tv, and then be able to fast forward through the commercials later and just watch a show.

Mute button will be my friend now, when commercials are on.

Pretty damn happy that in the last few months I have found ways to save money, to make up for the money I was making part time doing construction.

That crap was only part time but seemed like full time the way it seemed I was always called at the last minute. Not that I wanted to do that crap full time, or even have the time for it, but it is what I grew up doing, and I kind of liked operating some of those machines.

Almost the weekend now, and I hope all of you have a great weekend!

1 week later
#395 1 year ago

A store that is about 2-miles from me has the cheapest prices on beer. Cheaper, or the same price sometimes, as a wholesale club that had a yearly fee, and was a 15-mile drive.

I am happy that I have cheap beer close by.

Also, happy that they have a good supply now, for a while I had to get there right when it was being delivered and take mine off the pallets outside to make sure I got it.

2 months later
#401 12 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

I'm also happy PBR is taking e mail orders again!

Pabst Blue Ribbon?

2 weeks later
#406 11 months ago

I was trying to get a lot done today, then things happened, and all of a sudden, I had some spare time.

I used that spare time to take a nap.

Having spare time to take a nap makes me happy.

#407 11 months ago

Today was the one-year anniversary of the last time I ever got up at 5am for work.

I have been very happy for an entire year now!

1 week later
#409 10 months ago

It would be so nice if this thread ever took off a little and got more people in it.

More positive energy and comments is always a good thing.

I am currently happy about a lot of things.

For one, in another thread, someone here just gave me some great advice, that I had never thought about before. (Long story, was just about beer, but was awesome).

I am also happy that my girlfriend is really getting into us trying to make some decent hamburger pizza. She is now searching for ingredients that I told her a while back would be needed.

I could go on and on, I am happy right now, but you would get bored reading it anyway, and it would be too long.

Please just relax and enjoy life, and be happy for every minute that you have.

I hope all of you are having an amazing day!

2 weeks later
#419 10 months ago

After midnight, so officially my happy birthday!

Actually, I hate birthdays, and getting older, but I just make the best of it.

If anyone else here has a June 12th birthday, happy birthday to you also!

2 weeks later
#428 9 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

I’m happy because the Smith’s grocery store had cases of 12 bottles of Corona for $9.99 today. Four of ‘em immediately jumped into my car trunk!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I am happy that you are happy and posted here!

At the moment I am happy the insurance company declined some tests that my doctor was wanting me to get, because at this point it really seemed like I was being strung along.

#431 9 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Felt obliged to post again, I was the last one on July 1st!!
Happy 4th! [quoted image]

I am trying to be happy, but it is hard with this extreme humidity.

#434 9 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Helping to keep this thread alive makes me just as happy!

Thanks! I will try to do better also.

I am happy that I think I found the problem causing all the jerking when stopping and starting while towing my boat.

I thought it was my boat trailer, but now pretty sure I found the play was in the hitch stuff on my truck, which was a cheap and easy fix.

If the weather forecast holds, I will test it Tuesday.

#436 9 months ago

I am happy that I now have a good reason why I cannot go anywhere to work.

#437 9 months ago

I am happy that I now have a good reason why I cannot go anywhere to work. [quoted image]

Also, happy that I have more time for this now. (Funny how I can get around that tree as long as I have my boat with me).

#438 9 months ago

One of my friends that is in his 60's, went through a divorce about a year ago, and he has been showing me all of these pictures of the ladies he has been dating now, and I am happy that there are plenty of options out there for him, they all looked pretty good.

Sometimes I am almost ready to trade my girlfriend in for a new one, but she is actually very awesome, to have put up with me for as long as she has.

I am pretty happy with everything.

If only that tree wasn't blocking my road, and I could get up at 5am again, and sit in traffic again.

I hope all of you have a happy weekend!

#441 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm happy. Having a great day.
Had a couple little kids in. They had a few quarters. Played a couple cheaper games. Before they left I gave them a couple credits on GNR. Told them one each, they had to share.
They hit the start button, monkey flipped away. One got his picture up.
No matter how hard you work. Seeing a kid having fun makes it all worthwhile.
LTG : )

That was very nice of you, and you are a really nice person anyway! Happy Friday!

1 week later
#442 8 months ago

I am happy that so far this summer with all of the heat and humidity that it has not been that bad, and I am still alive.

I am happy to be alive right now, and I look forward to seeing what the next pinball machines will be themed about.

Also, happy that so far this summer no new pinball machines have been announced, that I would have to have.

Money is a tad tight for me at the moment, with upcoming property taxes, and my truck needing 5k in repairs also.

Happy that a couple of weeks ago I was able to change out a water heater at a rental house, and save a few bucks doing that myself.

#443 8 months ago

Oh, and last Tuesday my girlfriend actually showed up 2 minutes early instead of 30 minutes late, and I was very happy about that.

#445 8 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Im happy that finally I’m in a thread that everyone is happy, not fighting with anyone, not calling any names at each other, misjudging, downvoting, or any negativity actions. I’m happy that you are happy! Thanks

I am happy that you are happy.

Post here anytime with a positive comment, and you will for sure get at least get one upvote from me, maybe many more from others also.

No downvotes here ever please.

#446 8 months ago

While ago we were going to take the boat to the lake. (Me and my girlfriend).

I always test the boat before I leave, and it would not start while ago. I have been using a battery maintainer on it, and trying my best, but just a bunch of clicks when I turned the key.

Was about to just leave the boat at home and go to the lake anyway and use the beach area, but at the last minute I wiggled the battery cables, and all was good, and the boat trip to the lake went great, and we were very happy!

Also, I was happy that the lake water was still a tad cool, felt great today, when we jumped off the boat into the water for a while.

As hot as it has been lately, I figured the lake water would feel like a hot tub, but it felt more like a swimming pool that stays in the shade.

Looking forward to getting back in the water again next week. Makes us happy.

Very nice during the week, when not many other boats are out there.

I hope all of you are having a great, and happy week!

1 month later
#449 7 months ago

I have a WHOLE LOT of happy songs, but this came to mind pretty fast:

#450 7 months ago

Also, this one:

#451 7 months ago

I have been so busy, I had forgot about this thread, again.

I am happy that my eye finally stopped hurting, after that stupid accident I had recently.

I am also happy that my tooth isn't hurting now, after I figured I was about to have to see a dentist and pay their probably 6k fee for a tooth repair these days.

I am very happy that summer is almost over now, I like cooler weather.

Stay Happy!

1 week later
#454 7 months ago

Average high for here is 86 now, and in the 10-day forecast most highs are predicted to be around 80, and I am happy to get some cooler weather.

Unless I am going to the lake, or to the beach, I really hate the 90's.

This summer was not bad at all here, started off with below average temps, and in July and August was around average, so I cannot complain about the temperatures at all.

The mosquitoes were bad though. I will be happy when it is cold enough that they are all gone.

3 weeks later
#459 6 months ago

I'm very happy with this cooler weather that we are supposed to get for the next 10 days. Hopefully for the rest of the year also.

Best time of the year for me is when it is cold enough to get rid of the mosquitos.

2 months later
#463 4 months ago

Confess, I wasn't happy for a while, just one thing after another.

I thought to get free tv with an antenna I had to use a converter box, and those things go out all the time, but recently when I found out that new tv's have that built in, I am very happy to be done with those boxes. I love my new tv.

I do stream also, but I only pay that site 84 bucks a year, so I do have almost everything I want to watch, for less than what I used to pay a month with cable or dish.

#464 4 months ago

I will be even happier when all the leaves are off the trees. I take care of several properties, and cleaning up leaves is almost as bad as having to cut grass all the time for several months.

#465 4 months ago

As far as music, recently an old song came on the radio that I had never heard much in the past, and never paid attention to it. It is The Pretenders, and that Brass in Pocket song I never cared for.

However, in this song, when she sings the part about "you changed", her voice sounds cute, and makes me happy for some reason.

The song sounds good to me anyway and makes me happy.

2 weeks later
#467 3 months ago

Happy Christmas everyone!

1 week later
#469 3 months ago

Happy New Year! I hope all of you have a very happy 2024!

#470 3 months ago

I'm happy that a check I mailed 12/20 finally arrived today. Used to take 2 days at the most, was only traveling 20 miles.

My bank used to do a stop payment for free, but now another bank has acquired them, and they want $34 to do that.

I was watching everything, and I figured on 1/19 I would go ahead and eat the $34 and cancel that and just drive the new check myself.

1 week later
#471 3 months ago

I'm very happy that we have a grocery store chain called Food Depot here. 3 locations very close to me.

Not only are their prices on most items less than other stores, but their store brands are also awesome. For frozen pizza, they have a Mexican pizza that is very awesome, and also their store brand ice cream is very awesome, and very cheap for a full gallon of it.

1 month later
#478 53 days ago
2 weeks later
#482 35 days ago

I just picked up a nib Jaws premium, and so far, I'm very happy with it.

4 weeks later
#483 7 days ago

I just discovered that if I go to YouTube and post a video here by clicking the "share button" there, I can watch the video here without any adds.

If it makes you happy, post here also, to skip the ads there.

#484 3 days ago

I just watched a 2008 movie called Mum & Dad. That movie was very messed up. I was happy when it was over.

#485 3 days ago

Recently I moved several games around, and at some point, messed up my upper back very badly. Happy that is better now.

However, now my lower back is hurting some, and I messed up my knee while ago.

After a few beers, I'm getting happy again.

#486 3 days ago

Recently I moved several games around, and at some point, messed up my upper back very badly. Happy that is better now.

It was all worth it, for the space and money for the Jaws premium, that game is a whole lot of fun, and while I grow tired of callouts in most games pretty quickly, I really like the callouts in this game, so pretty sure I'll have it around for a long time, just like my The Walking Dead pro.

Happy dance!

#488 29 hours ago

I am very happy to have my mom back home safe.

She is 80 years old and has dementia, so I'm taking care of her, she lives with me, since dad passed away a few years ago.

I took away her car keys while ago, I knew that day was coming soon.

She had already forgotten how to get to her doctor's office, so I had drove her there the last couple of times.

She still was ok going to church and Kroger, like 3 miles away.

Well, today she didn't come home from church, and I figured she may be spending the afternoon with some of her church friends.

Nope. About 7 o'clock tonight I got on the phone, and I finally called 911.

First thing when the officer arrived, he asked if mom had family in Calhoun, about 60 miles from here, because that is the last place her car tag showed up on surveillance.

I was like oh shit, she must have been carjacked.

Nope, one minute later, while the cop was standing there, my phone rang, it was mom's cell phone, and this woman said they found my mom lost at Kroger in Calhoun, and they offered to meet me halfway to get her.

Those were very nice people, they didn't want to take any money, but I insisted for their gas and trouble.

Mom told them she lived in Dawsonville, that's where she grew up, and they were about to drive her there, before they checked her phone, and called me back, after I had been trying to call.

Mom had just got turned around and kept driving. Mom told my girlfriend that she had a very fun day.

I'm just happy that nice people found my mom. No car for mom now, and I will have to watch her very closely from now on.

#491 5 hours ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Guess you'll be going to church now too!

HELL NO!!!

#492 5 hours ago

I'm very happy the day is almost over, and I got done all I needed to do, mostly phone calls, alerting friends and family that mom has gone way downhill.

I didn't sleep worth a crap last night, my mind kept going over what all I needed to do. I was tired all day.

Mom has been very happy the whole time, she enjoyed the long drive and meeting new people, never once cried about being lost.

I'm just very glad that good people found her and helped her.

Some of moms' family has also had dementia, but by far, mom is the happiest person that I have ever known of that had dementia.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-happy-thread?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.