IMG_1842 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1845 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1712 (resized).jpeg
7sgyzy.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
anigif_enhanced-1526-1461872870-10.gif
EcGRpIxWsAMs9cY (resized).jpg
There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
#201 2 years ago

I’m so happy that I have been granted in life, a pinball collection. I always wished as a young adult that I would own a machine. Never thought it would become a reality.

Happy Friday everyone!

#202 2 years ago

I am happy that baseball season is over with, baseball bores me.

#203 2 years ago

I’m happy we get an extra hour of sleep this weekend.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I’m happy we get an extra hour of sleep this weekend.

So we can rest up for two episodes of Yellowstone and right after the prequel that will be move to Paramount + the next weekend.

LTG : )

#205 2 years ago

I am happy that the time is changing and it will get dark early now.

And it is getting cooler and I can have a bonfire outside and drink some beer and enjoy all that.

VERY HAPPY all the summer heat and humidity is gone for a long time.

And very Happy I have a Awesome girlfriend, but if I keep typing and don't hurry up and get in bed I may miss out on some more happiness, so goodnight, I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#206 2 years ago

Happy my son of 5 dressed as Paul Stanley for Halloween and and got tons of remarks and loot, and he has a great mom, and I a great wife/partner!

#207 2 years ago

Being happy is balance. It’s a give and take. Do what you want with in reason. Give more than you take. Just a little. You don’t want to be a sucker. Your standard’s vs your fellow human’s are nothing alike. Don’t judge them just accept it. Nothing in life but true facts that are 100%. The rest are just kinda the truth. Every thing that happens to you is your fault in a way. Some things are out of your control. You just need mid-agate the ones that are not. Turning into a Johnny post I’m out!

1 week later
#208 2 years ago

Happy that I got caught up on everything I needed to do today, and I may have time for a afternoon nap soon.

#209 2 years ago

bump.

While most people love the holiday season, me and my girlfriend can not stand all of that stuff, and we hate all of the holiday TV commercials.

We will be Happy when 2022 arrives at this point.

I hope all of you have a awesome holiday season though!

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

bump.
While most people love the holiday season, me and my girlfriend can not stand all of that stuff, and we hate all of the holiday TV commercials.
We will be Happy when 2022 arrives at this point.
I hope all of you have a awesome holiday season though!

Happy Honda Days!

Nah I hate the commercials too and other marketing stuff. I don’t watch much TV anymore so I can avoid it.

Ps Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

#212 2 years ago

Happy

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Wow! That isn’t morbid at all

Sarcasm! Now you're getting it!

I for one can't help grinning like an idiot through the whole song. The whole album (Big Mess) is similarly dark, and the best thing I've heard in years!

It makes me happy, and part of it is knowing that others will find it simply disturbing!

Then again, I'm a big Boingo fan from way back. YMMV, and probably YMWV!

Give a listen to "Sorry" as well. Brilliant shit.

#214 2 years ago

Happy it’s Friday!

#215 2 years ago

I admit it sounds trite, but I'm happy about the hugs I got from my wife and three boys and the nose licks and tail-wag I got from my dog before I left for work this morning.

I am also happy that the carpal tunnel symptoms I've been dealing with for several months are starting to noticeably improve (had been making a little progress with exercises, but when I finally got a night brace the improvement became a lot more noticeable and rapid). I made the drive to work today (15mi) and for the first time in months, there was no numbness when I arrived, woo-hoo!

#216 2 years ago

More in the spirit of the thread, I'm happy that my latest physical this week came back with all blood tests normal, that I feel effing great for being almost 61, that my physical problems are of the nuisance variety and not debilitating, and that my daughter's knee surgery went off without a hitch three Tuesdays ago and we are past the worst part of the recovery.

#217 2 years ago

I spent some time today planning the next vacation, and I have came up with the first week of February to go to Busch Gardens in Tampa, and then head further south to sit on a dock and drink beer and fish.

Just thinking about that stuff makes me very HAPPY!

Thankfully at the moment everything in life is going pretty smooth, but always nice to pinpoint a date that we will be somewhere else, having even more fun.

(in the meantime I do not like the high gas prices, so while most of the time my vehicles have a full tank, right now they stay at a 1/4 tank, and I only buy any gas when I absolutely have to).

BUT! If gas is even like 10 bucks a gallon when time for vacation, I will not blink a eye, vacation is priority.

As I get older time just flies by, so I am trying to have all of the fun I can while I am still above ground.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

1 week later
#218 2 years ago

I passed the CYSA+ exam I had been cramming for the past 2 weeks last night and blowing off family for. As a result, I have an appointment with a 5 year old to play Stratego, 8 year old to play chess, 10 year old to draw maps tonight, and a late night date with my wife. Can't wait to get off work today!

2 weeks later
#219 2 years ago

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Hard to believe no posts here in over 2 weeks.

Anyway, for a while earlier today I was stressed out thinking I would have to pay a repairman for what I messed up while trying to make a repair myself, but with the help of my game dealer on the phone I was able to get a game back going and I did not have to spend any money.

Jason at Classic Game Rooms is AWESOME!

(and recently I had chest pains so bad that I thought I was dying, and a few minutes later and a few belches later I was ok again, and I was pretty happy when that pain was gone).

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#220 2 years ago

(and recently I had chest pains so bad that I thought I was dying, and a few minutes later and a few belches later I was ok again, and I was pretty happy when that pain was gone).

Happened to a friend of mine years ago.

Horrible chest pains, ended up going to a hospital. Once there they started going over his symptoms. And he ripped a huge fart. Then he was fine.

Except it cost him $700 to fart.

LTG : )

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Except it cost him $700 to fart

He got off cheap!

I had a friend that about 20 years ago going to the hospital with chest pains cost him 80 grand with no insurance just to find out he had severe indigestion.

I am very happy for every day, and every year that passes by that I do not have to go to a hospital for anything, and I actually have good insurance.

#222 2 years ago

I have the next two weeks off from work during which I have a pinball tournament to play in, the kids will be home for some portion of the holidays and a very short honey do list which will leave me plenty of time to work on some pins and a game room project I have been wanting to do. By the end of it I will problem regret what I didn't get done but for now I am happy!

#223 2 years ago

I'm happy that my Standing Rib Roast that I always make for Christmas,was selling for the same price I paid last year.
I always call it prime rib,but I think only restaurants can get that cut?
Google Chef John's method for cooking the perfect Rib Roast,you'll thank me later.

#224 2 years ago

I’m happy to have 5 weeks off work

#225 2 years ago

I’m still working today and have been since 12:30 but I’m still happy. I get to babysit a 4 legged friend tomorrow.

#226 2 years ago

For TV I had Comcast for years, but anytime there is a storm around here it takes them forever to get the lines back up and I got tired of going weeks at a time with no TV.

So over a year ago I went with DISH. I have been happy with them until recently. Not their fault from what I understand, but NBC has pulled some crap, and I had been missing out on the Sunday night NFL games.

WELL! I went out and purchased a really good antenna, and set all that up today, way up in the air, and for the first time since 1980 I watched TV that was totally free, and I pick up 106 channels.

And yeah, only about 5 of those channels I will ever watch, but with cable or satellite where they have 300 or more channels I watch maybe 10 channels, so I am liking this free TV stuff.

I am very happy that as soon as my contract with DISH is up, I can just cancel and never pay a dime for TV again.

But no hurry, I am still under contract for 11 more months, so in the summer when all of the leaves are back on the trees I can check and see how my over the air signal is doing.

In the meantime I was just very happy to be able to see a Sunday night NFL game again, and to also see how many channels I can get for free over the air.

One of my good friends that lives about 20 miles away gets 41 channels, I was shocked to see that I pick up 106 channels.

And just amazing how many of those channels I had also thought was cable or satellite only is actually over the air also.

Yeah, no discovery channel, or history channel, ESPN, SEC, NFL network, but I kind of figured that anyway.

My girlfriend was very impressed, and another reason I am HAPPY!

#227 2 years ago

For TV I had Comcast for years, but anytime there is a storm around here it takes them forever to get the lines back up and I got tired of going weeks at a time with no TV.
So over a year ago I went with DISH. I have been happy with them until recently. Not their fault from what I understand, but NBC has pulled some crap, and I had been missing out on the Sunday night NFL games.
WELL! I went out and purchased a really good antenna, and set all that up today, way up in the air, and for the first time since 1980 I watched TV that was totally free, and I pick up 106 channels.
And yeah, only about 5 of those channels I will ever watch, but with cable or satellite where they have 300 or more channels I watch maybe 10 channels, so I am liking this free TV stuff.
I am very happy that as soon as my contract with DISH is up, I can just cancel and never pay a dime for TV again.
But no hurry, I am still under contract for 11 more months, so in the summer when all of the leaves are back on the trees I can check and see how my over the air signal is doing.
In the meantime I was just very happy to be able to see a Sunday night NFL game again, and to also see how many channels I can get for free over the air.
One of my good friends that lives about 20 miles away gets 41 channels, I was shocked to see that I pick up 106 channels.
And just amazing how many of those channels I had also thought was cable or satellite only is actually over the air also.
Yeah, no discovery channel, or history channel, ESPN, SEC, NFL network, but I kind of figured that anyway.
My girlfriend was very impressed, and another reason I am HAPPY!

Pictures or it never happened

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Pictures or it never happened

I can take pics now, what do you want pics of?

(not taking any of my girlfriend though and posting them on here).

#229 2 years ago

The antenna you just bought. I thought of doing this for years,but my wife would miss cable tv too much.

#230 2 years ago

Here is the picture of the box it came in. If you want I will also send a pic of it mounted on the roof of my storage building out back. (not tonight, dark and cold out).

I hate assembly, and this had a good bit of that, but it was super easy to figure out.

I forgot what I Googled, but I did that and gave my zip code and it told me which direction to aim the antenna at.

Right now just using it for Sunday night football because NBC is not on DISH, but this summer when all of the leaves are back on the trees I am going to mess with it a lot more and make sure I still have a great signal before cutting the cord to pay TV.

Pretty sure with cable or satellite they charge for local channels I can now get for free, so at least after the summer tree test I am going to start saving that money and at the least have that taken off my bill.

I was very impressed that free TV has a listings channel, so no need to surf, you can watch that channel for a few minutes and see everything that is out there to watch, and all FREE! (after 150 bucks for the antenna, 40 bucks for the converter box, and around 35 bucks for the wire that is not included).

I am HAPPY!

Soon I may be watching TV for free! (like I said, I still want to see how good it works after the leaves are back on the trees).

output (2) (resized).jpgoutput (2) (resized).jpg
#231 2 years ago

Sounds like a good idea !

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Sounds like a good idea !

I was happy to see the game last night, and I will post again in the future after the leaves are on the trees and I know for sure how this will work out.

At least it is 100% free after buying the equipment. 106 channels right now, and many of the same ones that I like and watch a lot on DISH.

#233 2 years ago

I have been needing a metal detector, I cut a lot of wood, and I constantly hit metal in the wood and wreck chainsaw chains.

My uncle gave me a really good one while ago that he paid 20 bucks for at a yard sale. It is a 750.00 metal detector that was never used.

Some woman was selling it, it was her boyfriend's, and he ran off with another woman and she was selling all of his stuff.

Pretty happy that I now have something I have been needing, and for the price I love, FREE!

#234 2 years ago

My TV is a Samsung and if you create a free account you get many (50 or more) free channels over the air (internet actually) Other apps like Pluto TV are on there. Yeah there are still commercials but you can watch a lot of things on demand.

They rotate some selections in and out. Spring of 2020 they had the James Bond channel where it was 007 movies all the time. They’d play the heck out of a handful at a time so every weekend you might be watching Dr No each Saturday night but they stagger the times out a little at least.

When the commercials are on I just go on Pinside.

#235 2 years ago

Speaking of television. One thing that makes me happy is looking at all the humor on r/tvtoohigh

It’s a Reddit forum dedicated to pictures of TVs being hung too high.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Speaking of television. One thing that makes me happy is looking at all the humor on r/tvtoohigh
It’s a Reddit forum dedicated to pictures of TVs being hung too high.

Most of the people were too high while they decided to hang their TV

#237 2 years ago

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

#238 2 years ago

I will also send a pic of it mounted on the roof of my storage building out back. (not tonight, dark and cold out).

I finally made it back on the roof to get the pic.

Reception is great when the weather is good. When the weather is bad with wind and rain it messes up.

Not sure if I will ever be able to cut the cord on pay TV, but I am under contact for several more months anyway.

IMG_20211225_130627659 (resized).jpgIMG_20211225_130627659 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#239 2 years ago

This thread needs a bump is all I’m saying.

I’m happy I got a few days off work towards the end of the year.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:I finally made it back on the roof to get the pic.
Reception is great when the weather is good. When the weather is bad with wind and rain it messes up.
Not sure if I will ever be able to cut the cord on pay TV, but I am under contact for several more months anyway.
[quoted image]

Move it higher. Wet, swaying trees are probably killing reception.

#241 2 years ago

I'm happy that my Jurassic Park NIB, has been delayed until April. Now I'll have money for my medications.

51Dt81a1GXL._AC_SY780_ (resized).jpg51Dt81a1GXL._AC_SY780_ (resized).jpg
#242 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Move it higher. Wet, swaying trees are probably killing reception.

To move it much higher I would probably need a special permit from the nearby airport.

Merry New Year!

#243 2 years ago

Have to admit the last 7 months were though for me and my family. My father got diagnosed with cancer in July and he has been having to go through lots of treatments to make sure it didn't spread more. It has had a big impact on him, and the rest of us.. Especially the uncertainty and seeing my father like this..

But, this is the happy thread... A few weeks ago he has been declared cancer free!!
Fair to say this was the best Christmas we have ever had
I hope we, and everyone on Pinside, have a great and healthy 2022 with lots of pinball!

-Rob
WhatsApp Image 2022-01-02 at 16.13.19 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-01-02 at 16.13.19 (resized).jpeg

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

A few weeks ago he has been declared cancer free!!

Very Happy for You!

#245 2 years ago

I'm happy I haven't had to clean up any snow so far this winter
Looks like that could change today

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm happy I haven't had to clean up any snow so far this winter
Looks like that could change today

I'm heading over to "The Pinside Bitch thread" it snowed last night.

3 weeks later
#247 2 years ago

This thread is almost a month old!!

Anyway. Small get together at my place. One of my friends mom likes pinball too so I said bring her with! Watching other people have fun with pinball definitely makes me happy.

E6A8BB25-2721-4A29-913C-3F2FBCDF19B3 (resized).jpegE6A8BB25-2721-4A29-913C-3F2FBCDF19B3 (resized).jpeg
#248 2 years ago

Why is Twilight Zone sitting in the corner,did it hurt your feelings.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Why is Twilight Zone sitting in the corner,did it hurt your feelings.

I can only play one at a time

8B40BAA7-2B5E-4D66-97E7-8107FFB9BDB5 (resized).jpeg8B40BAA7-2B5E-4D66-97E7-8107FFB9BDB5 (resized).jpeg
#250 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I can only play one at a time

I don't have many games, but I am totally happy with the variety.

For a long time, I was buying and selling very frequently, but now I am not looking to buy anything, or sell anything.

I used to think a Jaws pin would be a must have if ever made. Now not so much.

At the moment a Gold Rush pin made about the TV show with Parker would be a possible buy, but for sure a Deadliest Catch pin with callouts from the captains would be a must have.

I really do not watch that many TV shows, but for the last 20 years or however long it has been around, I have been watching the crab fishing shows. (And Gold Rush shows for a few years now, I have seen all of them also).

I have been very happy and content for a long while now, and I really hope to stay that way.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 12.95
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-happy-thread/page/5?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.