465_thumb (resized).jpg
463_thumb (resized).jpg
461_thumb (resized).jpg
460_thumb (resized).jpg
image017 (resized).jpg
19BC0B04-1CD9-44D6-BBFA-0A828203444C (resized).jpeg
D0ABB946-A6C7-4D4B-B8B3-55C64A98F960.jpeg
495C1919-63DF-43AF-9AD7-394D319BFEF8 (resized).jpeg

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 82 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

A lot of farmers are probably happy tonight too.

Sadly, not many. The storms are spotty and not all over. Here in Hopkins, nothing.

LTG : )

#152 82 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sadly, not many. The storms are spotty and not all over. Here in Hopkins, nothing.

Every time something rolled through we always got skipped. Hopefully others can get their turn like we got ours.

Obviously we need something like this every few days for almost a month to make up for it. Least a step in the right direction

#153 82 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Least a step in the right direction

A small drizzle here now. Already over.

#154 82 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

A small drizzle here now. Already over.

Yeah as soon as I typed the above…sure enough…. We are at that part where you can hear the water come down from the downspout across the street and rumbles in the background.

#156 82 days ago

We’re no strangers to looooove…..

I was seriously expecting that when I getting ready to click on a song at 12:30 in the morning.

#157 81 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

We’re no strangers to looooove…..
I was seriously expecting that when I getting ready to click on a song at 12:30 in the morning.

Isnt that the ginger guy?

This one makes me happy too

#158 81 days ago

Olivia Newton John. "Magic" live on Midnight Special.
Or an earlier Go Go Boot version. All on youtube.
Wanna get Happy? Yeah boy.

ONU was pre=Brittany, Madonna. She was making up moves, there was no playbook.
She pulled it off. Actually sang most of her songs live.
Very happy performances, nothing negative. Uplifting songs.
Yeah, I know she is old, sick, but I love this Woman.

1 week later
#159 71 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Yeah as soon as I typed the above…sure enough…. We are at that part where you can hear the water come down from the downspout across the street and rumbles in the background.

I will be very HAPPY if I still have power this time tomorrow night.

A tropical system is on the way, already at Dothan, AL.

The last time a system came through here, (last October) I had no power for 3-4 days, would have been longer except word got back to Georgia Power that I was about to clear the street myself so that I could go out and get more beer.

I had no internet for 14 days or longer.

I had no landline (home phone) for 60-120 days, I can not even remember.

The last few days I have worked outside a lot splitting firewood, and sweated my butt off with all the heat and humidity.

Today was nice. The cloud cover kept it cooler, and when it rained a little it felt good.

Anyway, I have more wood to work on, and it will be in the 90's again soon, so tomorrow while 78 with the system coming through, I am thinking about working in swimming trunks.

Yeah, I am a tad worried about the wind knocking over a tree on me, but that would be kind of a funny way to go.

Headline: Tree Falls And Kills A Man While He Is Splitting Wood From Another Tree.

If it does get real rough I will head for cover, but I will never live in fear of some wind and lightning like my girlfriend.

If it is even cloudy at all no need to take her fishing. She thinks every little noise is thunder and a storm is headed towards us.

Life is too short to live in fear of every little weather thing.

Stay Happy My Friends!

#160 71 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Olivia Newton John. "Magic" live on Midnight Special.
Or an earlier Go Go Boot version. All on youtube.
Wanna get Happy? Yeah boy.

Here is one of my favorite videos on YouTube. Olivia with Andy Gibb and ABBA.

#161 70 days ago

Thanks for that Mooch! Great way to start the morning.

#162 65 days ago

I had a very happy moment a few minutes ago.

A father brings his son in, maybe 4 or 5 years old. Almost every day to play pinball. In particular Medieval Madness, remake and original.

Some how the kid got very interested in pinball recently, so his Father brought him in. Great kid.

Today he was telling me he saw inside a machine a Youtube.

So I asked him if he wanted to see inside one ? He did.

I had him stand back as I removed the glass on MMR and set it out of the way. Lifted the playfield and leaned back. Let him close for a good look.

Way better than Youtube.

It's funny how moments like this can make the long hours and years of work melt away and seem worthwhile and all is right with the world.

#163 65 days ago

LTG From cardboard-and-tape to today ... I'm still a happy kid on the underside of a playfield.

#164 65 days ago

I'm happy because a friend just dropped off a new project: Transformers (Pro) !
There are a lot of games out there that I didn't put a lot of time on, and this is one of them.
Great to "learn new games" without having to buy them!

#165 61 days ago

I am very happy!

I have not saltwater fished in over 20 years, and within 10 days I will be getting to do that again.

Yeah, way down south in Florida during hurricane season, what could go wrong?

(the motel has a no refund unless mandatory evacuations are ordered policy, and that is fine with me, I have been in tropical storms in the Florida panhandle, no big deal, just some wind and rain).

In the meantime my girlfriend is all worried about what the weather may do, and it gets old hearing that crap.

I will be happy if she goes on the trip, but at the same time, I will be just as happy if I end up on the trip alone fishing in a storm.

About 35 years ago me and a friend was hanging out and drinking at my Dads construction company office when lightning hit and caught the office on fire.

I will never forget the feeling of being stunned by that lightning bolt, and the smell like a whole lot of gun powder or the smell of dynamite being shot brings.

Lightning very close has a very distinct crackle, a split second before the deafening thunder.

And it has a smell to it, I know first hand.

My girlfriend wants to talk about storms, sharks, and stingrays.

I am most worried about the flesh eating bacteria, but at some point while on the trip I do plan to get in the ocean for a day or 2.

I consider myself semi-retired.

If not for taxes and insurance costs I could fully retire. (close to a 20 grand a year expense)

So I have to work a little, about 40 days a year I help a friend do construction, like I did for myself a very long time ago.

99% of the time I enjoy getting out and doing that stuff again, operating excavators and other construction equipment.

But I am so HAPPY, that the next time there is a 1% deal, that I will not enjoy what my friend has going on, I can just say find someone else, I have plenty to do and I do not need any stress like you are trying to bring to me.

Life is just too short, to put up with any kind of crap at all.

I am happy that I am pretty independent, and I can take a long road trip alone and have a great time if I ever need to.

Hell, I am just happy for all I have, that I have worked hard for in the past, and now I plan to chill and enjoy life and still work hard, but only work hard if I am actually enjoying any work that I do.

Sometimes things work out and I get to have some nice long afternoon naps.

At this point in my life, long afternoon naps are to me, what being some billionaire is to someone else.

I have been very busy for the last month, and no nap time, but soon, one way or another, I will have some more naps, because naps make me very HAPPY!

(almost the weekend, and I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!)

(sorry for the long post, just me being me).

***and if anyone just skipped the long post and wanted to read this last line, you did not miss anything, I was just talking about different dog breeds and how it was easier to train some breeds over others***

#166 60 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Lightning very close has a very distinct crackle, a split second before the deafening thunder.

I’ve experienced this twice. One of the times I saw it behind someone I was talking to in a garage and the lightning was maybe 60 yards away. As soon as I saw it and heard the click I knew what was coming. They didn’t and responded appropriately.

Basically it sounds like a very loud static shock which makes sense since in a way it is.

Yet the delay is still slightly longer than those really old movies where the lightning and thunder is pretty much simultaneous.

#167 60 days ago

I have been so busy the last 2 or 3 weeks that I never had a nap.

I still have plenty to do, but I finally took a nap anyway.

Anyway, HAPPY WEEKEND!

#168 59 days ago

This old pic of my wife and son makes me happy.
If I ever get a Batman pin I’m going to make a custom translite for it.

D0ABB946-A6C7-4D4B-B8B3-55C64A98F960.jpeg
#169 58 days ago

I have been so busy the last 2 or 3 weeks that I never had a nap.

I worked long hours all weekend, (almost 12 hours Saturday), and now if nothing comes up I can pretty much nap most of this week, and then the next week I will be on vacation saltwater fishing.

I hope it works out that way. If it does I will be very HAPPY!

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#170 56 days ago

My wife just won a local radio contest, double your paycheck. So we’re pretty happy.

#171 55 days ago

I'm happy that I'm finally seeing results from a golf lesson I took in early June. I'm a slow learner,and I forget twice as fast.

#172 55 days ago
19BC0B04-1CD9-44D6-BBFA-0A828203444C (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#173 41 days ago

I am HAPPY that football season is here again, and no more 90 degree days are in the weather forecast.

And last I heard, in Georgia we may not have to mess with all that clock changing 2 times a year, it passed here to do away with it, but still needed federal approval.

I will be very HAPPY if I never have to set the clock in my vehicles again.

(I will be most HAPPIEST if they leave the time on the one that gave a extra hour of sleep).

#174 38 days ago

I hope all of you are having a very happy weekend!

#175 38 days ago

I’m happy we get to see 80s temps tomorrow. Will likely be the last time this year. But never say never in MN. Looks like Monday too maybe but that’s with storms and did I say it’s a Monday too?

1 week later
#176 30 days ago

I hope all of you had a AWESOME WEEKEND!

I know I did.

Anyway about 3 years ago I picked up a "The Twilight Zone" DVD box set with 156 episodes for nothing, and finally just recently I have started watching some a little.

While through the years I have seen some of these many times on TV, I am very happy how many I have never seen, and they were way ahead of their time, and still great to watch now.

And it will probably be short lived, but I am happy the Broncos are 3-0 so far this season.

#177 27 days ago
image017 (resized).jpg
#178 21 days ago

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEK!

I have a few captions to post, they are not funny, so I figured this would be the best place to post them.

460_thumb (resized).jpg
#179 21 days ago
461_thumb (resized).jpg
#180 21 days ago
463_thumb (resized).jpg
#181 21 days ago
465_thumb (resized).jpg
#182 21 days ago
467_thumb (resized).jpg
#183 21 days ago
469_thumb (resized).jpg
#184 21 days ago
470_thumb (resized).jpg
#185 21 days ago
103CFBD4-569F-4E13-BA0E-514F380A4EDE.gif
2 weeks later
#186 4 days ago

This thread needs a bump. How a about a happy Friday! (Just as long as I don’t look at the bill)

6B3C1A48-D456-4F82-9014-6FADE71CD234 (resized).jpeg
#187 4 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

This thread needs a bump. How a about a happy Friday! (Just as long as I don’t look at the bill)
[quoted image]

Beautiful sight!! Christmas came early!

#188 3 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

[quoted image]

Makes me wish I had a Project to work on. Few Williams parts too?

#189 3 days ago

Girlfriend is waiting on me, so if I type too long, may not be happy tonight.

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#190 2 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Makes me wish I had a Project to work on. Few Williams parts too?

Come on over. The following need to be set up, shopped, and tuned up:

Firepower
Nugent
Back to the Future
Atlantis
Knock Out
Grand Slam
Fairway
Captain Fantastic (the second one)
Superstar
Indiana Jones (WMS)
Magic City
Big Game
Delta Queen
Twilight Zone
4 Square
Skyline
Sorcerer
Fish Tales
High Speed
Space Mission
Super Straight
Bank-A-Ball
Pinbot
Demolition Man
Hot Line
Touchdown
Baseball

Cleaning pinballs makes me happy.

#191 2 days ago

Girlfriend is waiting on me, so if I type too long, may not be happy tonight.

1 line of text? She must have been really anxious.

#192 2 days ago

My weekend was AWESOME!

(except for the part about my girlfriend saying her Mom told someone that she wished we would get married).

HELL NO!

I have always been single and pretty happy, I am in no hurry to ever be married and take a chance of not being happy all of a sudden.

A AWESOME GIRLFRIEND MAKES ME HAPPY!

I have never been married, and all the married people that I know are not as happy as me.

And I have a couple of good friends that were divorced recently, and they said never again would they get married.

I never wanted any kids, never had any kids, and never been married, and I am HAPPY!

(and we are all different, I am not insulting anyone, I am just saying what makes me HAPPY!)

#193 12 hours ago

I finally had time to get in the jacuzzi. HAPPY!

#194 11 hours ago

6FD5B834-B080-4FFB-94E3-E0AB49DCA0B8.gif
#195 11 hours ago

Did you type this from your phone while in the jacuzzi?

#196 11 hours ago
Quoted from EJS:

Did you type this from your phone while in the jacuzzi?

Hell No!

The phone stays in the house. I get in the jacuzzi to relax and drink beer.

#197 11 hours ago

Hell No!
The phone stays in the house. I get in the jacuzzi to relax and drink beer.

Beer makes me Happy!

F89ED934-BCD2-4F80-97C7-EA16BB45D1F3 (resized).jpeg
#198 9 hours ago

My patio that I have waited for since we moved into our house 6 months ago is nearly half done. I'm really F'ng happy.
IMG_20211026_221632958 (resized).jpg

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside