IMG_1842 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1845 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1712 (resized).jpeg
7sgyzy.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
anigif_enhanced-1526-1461872870-10.gif
EcGRpIxWsAMs9cY (resized).jpg
There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 2 years ago

Well I’m happy again, someone stopped by with an early Father’s Day gift for me. Most unexpected. Much needed probably.

E50CD021-721D-4978-A454-BDC9B6411720 (resized).jpegE50CD021-721D-4978-A454-BDC9B6411720 (resized).jpeg
#102 2 years ago

I’m happy to just be watching an old movie in my home theater with no pain. I was doubled over yesterday from diverticulitis, but I lucked into a 4pm doctor appointment and the antibiotics she prescribed worked great.

#103 2 years ago

I am happy that I finally got to have a very long uninterrupted nap.

#104 2 years ago

I am happy that my post plus @swampfire’s post plus @JohnnyPinball007’s post make three Georgia pinball posts in a row.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

make three Georgia pinball posts in a row

Mercy sakes alive looks we have a convoy.

#106 2 years ago

I'm happy for these guys still being around..

#107 2 years ago

It’s been a happy day of sampling part of what’s been a very kind gift I received from a pinsider today. From another part of the country who I never knew existed a week ago and I didn’t do anything to help them either. A great reminder of how much kindness is among the pinball community.

#108 2 years ago

We went fishing today, did not catch anything, but we had a few bites.

I am actually happy that I did not have to spend time tonight cleaning fish.

There was hardly no one on the lake today, and I tried a spot that my best friend used to tell me about, before he passed away suddenly a few months ago.

The spot did not even give me the first bite, but I was happy thinking about him, and I could see why he would like this spot.

In the meantime my phone was ringing, from a police department.

I thought it was a scam, said they had something that belonged to me.

Turns out for whatever crazy reason my tag fell off the boat trailer, and someone picked it up and took it to the police station.

I thought no damn way, then I look at the boat trailer, tag is gone.

I told my girlfriend "hell, I will probably just be better off to go to the tag office and claim lost tag and get a new one, if I go to the police station they may fine me for littering".

Anyway, on the way back from the lake my girlfriend looked up where the police station was, so I stopped by.

It was 5:09, doors locked, hours on door said 8-5.

About 5 minutes later and 2 blocks away, I get a call, turn around if you can, we could not get to the door fast enough, we were busy with something else.

So I go back to the police station, and turns out another driver behind me seen my tag fall off, and they picked it up and took it to the police station.

That dude was awesome for doing that, and the police were awesome to help get my tag back.

As I was leaving I told them the joke I had made about getting a ticket for littering, and when I got back in the truck my girlfriend asked what I said that made them laugh so much.

With so much effort over a tag/license plate, I guess it was a slow crime day and just doing a good deed made a lot of people happy.

(I have no clue why the plate would have been loose, it seemed fine a few weeks ago when I put the new sticker on it, but Loctite will be used when I put it back on).

And just taking the boat to the lake with the old truck would take a tank of gas, but this newer truck the gas needle barely moves. HAPPY!

And my girlfriend seems to be getting more serious about learning how to drive the boat and do things so that I do not have to do all the work.

After several years of the boat rarely ever getting used, I am very HAPPY that this summer it is looking good to get to enjoy the boat again a lot.

In the past I have thought about just selling it, it never gets used anymore.

But, many years ago there was a few times, when someone would cancel at the last minute, I would take the boat out fishing alone, and I enjoyed those times so much that I just knew when I was older, I could always just take the boat out and have a fun day.

I would love to get the 3 person banana boat out again and tow that around with some friends also, but at the moment friends keep wimping out about anything that has to do with a boat or a lake.

Local or even passing through and want to have some fun, pm me about having some fun on the lake, need at least 5 people, well behaved kids are fine, to get that awesome banana boat going again.

Fishing? Hell no! I love fishing but been so many years not catching anything now, and we used to average 45 fish a trip.

Not even the confessional, but I confess, at times I have just wanted a reason to be on the lake, with the 3 person tube, and I have thought about just showing up, and talking to people on the beach, inviting them and their family to a very fun time on the water.

A very long time ago I was so happy to take a girlfriends kids, and that whole family out on the lake, but I got tired of her crap and I had to go.

My girlfriend now is awesome, but no family to take to the lake and have fun.

I have really missed not being able to give people a awesome time on the lake.

All of that just made me so happy, making them happy.

(and always cool that while most all were having burgers and hot dogs, they had a nice steak cooking for the captain that was spending all day towing everyone around on the big tube).

Sorry for the long rant, but it brings up so many memories, that makes me happy.

#109 2 years ago

I am happy that today is almost over.

I had too many Nattys last night and did not feel 100% today.

I am behaving tonight.

#110 2 years ago

I’m happy tomorrow is Friday for me! That doesn’t happen very often.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am happy that today is almost over.
I had too many Nattys last night and did not feel 100% today.
I am behaving tonight.

B815FE9B-25DA-4A69-856B-5D3493AA5A1C (resized).jpegB815FE9B-25DA-4A69-856B-5D3493AA5A1C (resized).jpeg
#112 2 years ago

I caught 4 really big crappies while ago.

It is relaxing to just sit on the lake at night anyway, but better if I can catch a few fish.

Now I am happy to be goofing off on here and having some beer.

(I don't drink and drive and O'Doul's only last so long until I am ready for Natty).

1 week later
#113 2 years ago

For the first time in months I had to drive about 40 miles each way to do a job.

I like to go 8-10 over whatever the speed limit is. (in my state no points unless you are going at least 15 over).

Usually there are drivers in the fast lane not even doing the limit, but not today.

I was very happy to move over and let everyone that wanted to go 10-20 over go by me.

Just very relaxing not being held up, and not holding anyone else up.

Sometimes I think I am the only driver that even looks in the rear view mirror while in the fast lane on a interstate.

I hope all of you are having a awesome week!

#114 2 years ago

Happy Friday from Maple Island

It appears Chris was saying something profound when I took this.

35E0A597-F48A-45CB-B1D6-9170C18DE951 (resized).jpeg35E0A597-F48A-45CB-B1D6-9170C18DE951 (resized).jpeg
#115 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

It appears Chris was saying something profound when I took this.

My arm is stuck again. Put the camera down and help me.

LTG : )

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My arm is stuck again. Put the camera down and help me.

Did you wedge it between a playfield and a cabinet? I hate when that happens….not that I know anything about that.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Did you wedge it between a playfield and a cabinet?

Not me. The guy in your picture. His elbow is stuck. You might have to amputate his arm.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not me. The guy in your picture. His elbow is stuck. You might have to amputate his arm.

He’s a dentist he’ll be fine….that’s what he told me. I don’t believe him.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

He’s a dentist he’ll be fine….that’s what he told me. I don’t believe him.

Dentists usually don't know much about amputations.

May as well get used to calling him "Righty" now.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dentists usually don't know much about amputations.
May as well get used to calling him "Righty" now.

No complaints here. Only way I’ll stand a chance to beat him at his MS Frankenstein.

#121 2 years ago
DEF82ACB-95E9-4E47-8F36-15D116C6D328 (resized).jpegDEF82ACB-95E9-4E47-8F36-15D116C6D328 (resized).jpeg
#122 2 years ago

^ Hell yeah, I had one of those orange cream pops while ago!

Happy Weekend!

#123 2 years ago

The new Elvira pin is a AWESOME GAME!

If you are really good, you can play this game for a hour on location, and set a new high score, win a free game, and play for another hour and repeat.

All for one dollar, you can play this game for hours.

BUT, if you are not really good, like I am, you can enjoy in your own game room, and cheat a little.

I am so happy that this game is here, and I have the keys to it, and I can just totally block those pesky out lanes if I want to.

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#124 2 years ago

I am very HAPPY that my lawn finally got some much needed rain!

Not too thrilled about the way it happened though.

The "future radar" crap is bull crap.

We decided to go to the lake to night fish.

The radar looked perfect, as did the "future radar".

After the 40 minute drive, and buying bait and paying for parking, all hell broke loose with the weather.

This big storm just came out of no where.

The "future radar" never gave a hint about it.

Anyway it was still a good time, even though the boat never made it in to the lake, just to the parking lot at the boat ramp, with a nice view of the lake and lightning all over the place.

I would have preferred to just have a relaxing night out on the lake fishing, but I do enjoy watching lightning, so all good.

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEK!

#125 2 years ago

Happy Holiday Weekend!

Be careful with those fireworks, local news just did a story where they were using a watermelon for a mannequin head that was supposed to be a real person, and after they lit one of the really big fireworks they had the head placed over the tube, and it blew it all over the place.

I was always curious about what all went into those tubes, but after seeing that news story, I have learned to never try to look into it, after it is lit.

I hope this info also helps you to be safe!

DO NOT LOOK DOWN IN THAT FIREWORK TUBE AFTER LIGHTING IT!!!

I witnessed a perfectly good watermelon get wasted, and it was actually funnier than the stuff Gallagher used to do with just smashing one with the sledge o matic.

And while this is the Happy Thread, at the same time it is sad to actually have watched that on the local news.

(was funny as hell), but at the same time, WOW!

Are some people getting so dumb now that we need a news story about firework safety?

I confess (oh crap, wrong topic) that I am getting hooked on watching local news, it just gets more entertaining all the time with stupid stuff.

Gallagher was awesome back in the day, but he was just having fun, and making us laugh.

Anyway, I am happy that no one lives very close to me, and I have a metal roof that should not catch fire, should any fireworks land here over the weekend, from the crazy people on the next street over.

HAPPY JULY 3rd! (sounds like the 4th out there now).

#126 2 years ago

Are some people getting so dumb now that we need a news story about firework safety?

Yes. Here in the land of 10,000+ lakes they constantly have articles about water safety every summer holiday weekend and every time a “water event” happens.

1 week later
#127 2 years ago

I am HAPPY!

I have been operating a excavator the last few days helping a friend with a construction job that he is doing.

I really did not care to mess with it, a tad further than I like to drive unless I am on a vacation road trip.

It was fun though! I still like playing with construction equipment.

While ago it kind of got boring, and there was a chance of rain, so I kept looking at the clouds hoping for rain soon.

I was not hoping for lightning though.

Man it got bad!

I AM VERY HAPPY THAT I DID NOT GET STRUCK BY LIGHTNING WHILE AGO!

I hope all of you had a AWESOME WEEK!

And I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

If Pinside was only the top 100 lists, and comments there, I would still be here reading all that.

Pinside is just so awesome, for allowing all this other stuff also.

I have not and will not ever do any kind of sites like facebook, but I LOVE the members here, and I have met several already in the last few years.

THANKS ROBIN!

#128 2 years ago

Last year just before Christmas, the 16 year old son of our office manager had a tumor removed that turned out to be cancerous.
(Merry Christmas, kid!)
He went through several awful months of chemotherapy during winter and spring.
Thursday he had a follow up screening and got the all-clear news on Friday.
He can go back to nornal teen age idiocy, and drive his parents nuts, like 16 year olds are supposed to.

Now that's worth being happy about!

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Thursday he had a follow up screening and got the all-clear news on Friday.

Which could very possibly makes #128 the #1 post..

1 week later
#130 2 years ago

Happy Friday to me….for as little as I take time off it’s something to celebrate.

Mostly I think the happy thread needs a bump right now all things considered on pinside.

I think my carpet is happy tonight as a good portion got a nice shampooing.

I’m also happy to be sitting in the garage right now with the ceiling fan on. Yeah it’s warm and muggy but here in MN thinking back on these nights 6 months from now will make me happy.

Oh and I’m happy to have gotten a remote battery pack installed in Dave’s Arena so now I can save my high scores.

#131 2 years ago

I will be happy when Summer is over.

Today I operated a chain saw on a construction site for a friend, and even after 72 ounces of Gatorade, and 80 ounces of water, I still was cramping very bad from dehydration.

The work was actually very easy, it was just so hot and humid I could only take 6 hours of that.

Happy Friday!

#132 2 years ago

Happy day here, just recieved my build # for the Halloween ce we ordered, #139! I have a good chance to recieve it before Oct 31st, which would make me really happy!!!!

#133 2 years ago

New puppy day!

93AD5503-6C6C-4377-8146-02849B732286 (resized).jpeg93AD5503-6C6C-4377-8146-02849B732286 (resized).jpeg

Family and puppy are happy but our 3 year old Great Dane and lab mix is still figuring out what’s going on.

04554479-BA7F-4459-9FEF-6AF09E500F24 (resized).jpeg04554479-BA7F-4459-9FEF-6AF09E500F24 (resized).jpeg

#134 2 years ago

Watched my Grandaughter the past 3 days.
While the farm animals and unloved Skippers tried to bust through the front door of a nice dollhouse we binged watched Masha and the Bear.
Twice.
What a great animated Series! The music is EXCELLENT!
I think one episode won a Guinness record for most watched youtube video.
It's from Russia, the original singer for Masha songs started at 6, got 2 hours of voice instruction .
She picked it up quick. Need to find a CD compilation of the greatest Hits from this Series.
If you don't like Polka- Siberia music with a Waif singing it may not be for you.

#135 2 years ago

We just got back from night fishing.

I was so happy when a song came on the radio that I liked so I could say "I love this song", and she would say "ok, I will shut up for now".

I don't know why she wants to tell me all of this stuff about her aunts and this and that, but it is not very entertaining.

I try to listen though.

You never know.

Sometimes I can not figure out if she was trying to make a point, or why she was telling me something.

Some of the stories about her Dad and brother are pretty funny though, so I try to listen.

Anyway we only caught 3, but they were pretty good sized crappies.

Another boat had anchored near us, and I noticed they were about to leave after being there about 2 hours, and I said loud enough so they could hear "did you catch anything"?

They said no.

I said we have 3 pretty nice ones, I was not going to keep any, but they had swallowed the hook, so I kept them hoping to give them away if you want them.

They were very happy!

They was up on the lake camping, and fishing, and they really wanted to cook some fish.

They were like wow, this is enough to feed 6 people! (so they were for sure new to fishing, maybe 2 people would get a good meal out of fish that size).

I love catching fish, I am still burnt out on eating fish though, after I have ate so many through the years.

We just always release what we catch, but they were biting weird tonight, and swallowing the hooks without pulling the line. (minnows for bait).

Anyway, I am happy that I was able to give some fish to someone that was really wanting to cook them.

Also happy that my girlfriend finally touched a minnow. As we were about to leave she actually took the minnow off a hook to put the rod away.

(and I got to hear a lot about how proud I should be that she finally touched one).

I am just happy that she really loves fishing, and I have only had one other girlfriend that loved fishing, and I have always baited the hook for any girlfriend. (minnows are super easy, I do kind of hate baiting live worms though, but we rarely use those). (not that worms are all nasty or anything, they just move in a way that it is harder to get them on a hook good).

And while I was parking the truck after putting the boat in the water, my girlfriend started talking to a couple that was taking their boat out of the water, and when I got back my girlfriend was saying, "well, my boyfriend may know you".

(I was thinking yeah right).

Turns out it was someone I went to high school with, and his wife. We were never close, but he was cool, and I do not have anything bad to say about him, and it was cool hearing who all from school that he still talks to. The dude was very nice, just like back when we were in school.

It was a very fun night on the lake.

But I do not drink and drive, so I am HAPPY to be home now, and enjoying a beer (or 2).

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#136 2 years ago

My ranch style house has a large front porch. Under it used to be just dirt and the footings of the house.

About 20 years ago I paid a friend to make me a crawlspace there with a wooden floor, for storage.

Well I knew I had some saltwater rods and reels there, and soon going saltwater fishing, so I moved all the crap out of the way to get to that room.

Yeah spiderwebs were awful, but it was worth it.

I am happy that I found twice as many heavy duty rods and reels than I remember putting in there 20 years ago, and they are all in very great shape.

Also, I thought that a lot of my reels did not have any kind of way to adjust the drag.

I know loosening the knob on the top of the reels is supposed to set the drag, but did not on mine.

I am very happy that I kept tinkering with those, and found that they were just frozen up, and actually work fine now.

Now all I need is some new line, hooks, sinkers, leaders, and I am good to go.

(yeah my girlfriend likes a different type of reel, so I will have to change out her stuff to go from lake to saltwater), but at least I have plenty that I can have ready to go for myself without changing anything.

We love fishing, but we don't care about eating them, I ate way too many through the years, got tired of them.

It is always fun though to give someone the fish we caught, and make them happy.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#137 2 years ago

Never mind saving any saltwater fish and giving away like I do with lake fish.

I just looked at Florida Recreational Saltwater Fishing Regulations, and that is way more crap to even try to keep up with than I would attempt while I am relaxing and drinking beer and fishing.

A whole lot of different species, and some you can not keep at all, and some have to be longer than 19 inches, but shorter than 24 inches.

And even if a fish is not on the chart anywhere, you can only keep up to 100lbs.

No wonder why saltwater fishing if chartering a boat costs so much now.

I used to think it was only because the boat costed around a million or more, but now I know a lot of the cost is just having to all the time pay attention to all the details and rules.

I hate rules.

Anyway, while reading all of that at the end in small print it said it is illegal to even land... listed about 20 or more species.

Hell, instead of even catch and release, to be safe we will just have fun fighting with a fish for a while, and just cut the line before we ever "land" anything.

After reading all of those rules, makes me even more happy that we do not care to eat fish anyway, we just like reeling them in for a while.

And honestly I never would even have bothered looking at all of that, but I like the TV show Lone Star Law.

In that show just way too many rules.

Oh, you have to tag that fish.

Oh. you did not tag that fish correctly.

I get that they are trying to conserve and all of that, but it still sucks.

So many times you may go fishing, and not have much luck.

And then when you do get lucky, and catch a lot of fish, and have a awesome time, here comes a Game Warden, to find something you did wrong, and give you a $300.00 fine.

I am happy that I try to pay attention to all of this stuff, so at worst I may get a $250.00 speeding ticket on the way to the motel in the first place.

Fishing is fun. Traveling is fun.

I am happy that I can just stay home, and play pins when I want, and not go anywhere.

And maybe I have the tilt set a little loose, but at least so far there is no way I can get a ticket or fine for that.

(anyway, want to vent about anything, hopefully somehow you can use the word "happy" at least one time, but not a rule, I hate rules).

#138 2 years ago

Never mind saving any saltwater fish and giving away like I do with lake fish.
I just looked at Florida Recreational Saltwater Fishing Regulations, and that is way more crap to even try to keep up with than I would attempt while I am relaxing and drinking beer and fishing.
A whole lot of different species, and some you can not keep at all, and some have to be longer than 19 inches, but shorter than 24 inches.
And even if a fish is not on the chart anywhere, you can only keep up to 100lbs.
No wonder why saltwater fishing if chartering a boat costs so much now.
I used to think it was only because the boat costed around a million or more, but now I know a lot of the cost is just having to all the time pay attention to all the details and rules.
I hate rules.
Anyway, while reading all of that at the end in small print it said it is illegal to even land... listed about 20 or more species.
Hell, instead of even catch and release, to be safe we will just have fun fighting with a fish for a while, and just cut the line before we ever "land" anything.
After reading all of those rules, makes me even more happy that we do not care to eat fish anyway, we just like reeling them in for a while.
And honestly I never would even have bothered looking at all of that, but I like the TV show Lone Star Law.
In that show just way too many rules.
Oh, you have to tag that fish.
Oh. you did not tag that fish correctly.
I get that they are trying to conserve and all of that, but it still sucks.
So many times you may go fishing, and not have much luck.
And then when you do get lucky, and catch a lot of fish, and have a awesome time, here comes a Game Warden, to find something you did wrong, and give you a $300.00 fine.
I am happy that I try to pay attention to all of this stuff, so at worst I may get a $250.00 speeding ticket on the way to the motel in the first place.
Fishing is fun. Traveling is fun.
I am happy that I can just stay home, and play pins when I want, and not go anywhere.
And maybe I have the tilt set a little loose, but at least so far there is no way I can get a ticket or fine for that.
(anyway, want to vent about anything, hopefully somehow you can use the word "happy" at least one time, but not a rule, I hate rules).

You don’t have to worry, as currently you can only keep trout, due to the red tide outbreak, that’s now moved up to St Pete area.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You don’t have to worry, as currently you can only keep trout, due to the red tide outbreak, that’s now moved up to St Pete area.

That trip is 5 weeks away.

I hope all is good when we get there, we also want to hit the beach for a couple of days also.

In the meantime I am happy that I do not have much to do at the moment, it is way too hot and humid right now, that crap drains me.

#140 2 years ago

I got 6 or 7 455's today so I'm happy!

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I got 6 or 7 455's today so I'm happy!

Heh, nice - have another one!
(in the UK, a Class 455 is a type of suburban train used on local services in and around South/SW London)

DSC_9376 (resized).JPGDSC_9376 (resized).JPG
#142 2 years ago

I just remembered this for whatever reason.

I am very happy that my bolt cutters were dull about 32 years ago, and I was standing on a pile of tires, with the cutters leaned against the fuse box for leverage, when I cut that 660 volt power line, that I was told was off.

Back then Dad did a lot of demolition, and he always let me have all the copper.

Long story short, after the lightning flash, and I came out of that daze, the bolt cutters were melted at the cutting end, and at the handle, and where the handle was against that fuse box.

The next day I almost had my left foot cut off in a freak accident.

I love being here goofing off on Pinside, but the more I think about it, I am just happy to be alive now.

I hope all of you are HAPPY, and having a AWESOME WEEK!

(soon we are taking our first vacation in 2 years, and it is just sitting on a dock, and saltwater fishing, yeah, still staying away from crowds).

#143 2 years ago

I am just happy to be alive now.

I think of some of the things I lived through. Put me down on the lucky to be alive list.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I think of some of the things I lived through. Put me down on the lucky to be alive list.

Same here, you can’t keep a good man down!

#145 2 years ago

Obviously I love Pinside, and spend a lot of time here.

I am also happy we have Google and YouTube.

I have never fished with live shrimp, and doing that soon, and it was nice to watch videos about that, so that I do not have to ask dumbass questions at a bait shop later.

And for a few minutes I was happy that my girlfriend can tie knots, as I am getting older that is getting harder.

BUT, when I was just setting the drag on the fishing reel her knot came loose. So hell no.

Happy again now that I just tied the best knot ever, using a pair of vise grip pliers to handle the swivels, and hooks (that was getting harder to hold tiny stuff), and now I no longer dread having to tie knots with fishing line.

And now that we know more about how dangerous lead is, I am happy to be alive after all of those years when I was younger and used my teeth to attach lead weights onto fishing line, instead of using pliers. (that was just what everyone did back then).

Sometimes I still use a fingernail as a screwdriver, but I am trying to just chill and get what tool I need, instead of all that in a hurry crap I used to do.

Not happy that I am getting older and some stuff is getting harder.

But I am happy that I am wiser now, and I think about anything a lot more, instead of just jumping right in.

I hope all of you have a awesome week!

#146 2 years ago

My Pawpaw tree.

495C1919-63DF-43AF-9AD7-394D319BFEF8 (resized).jpeg495C1919-63DF-43AF-9AD7-394D319BFEF8 (resized).jpeg
#147 2 years ago

I'm glad today is almost over.

Got up early. Hit the grocery store for a little food and a gift card to order some pinball parts. They didn't have what I needed for a gift card, so I have to get up early tomorrow and hit the post office.

Two hours after opening up I was going to microwave my breakfast. Microwave started buzzing very LOUD and had a light in it like arc welding, buzzing and arc light going on and off. I figured that was a bad sign.

Searched Craigslist and didn't find what I could use. Anything close I could buy new cheaper. Made a fast trip to Wendys for food.

I close at 10pm on Sunday. If I can sneak out early I could hit target. Otherwise Walmart closed at 11pm. So 9:45pm head to Walmart. Got just what the doctor ordered. Got back to work. Opened it up. Glass on the microwave door was broken. Crap.

Head back to Walmart with a few minutes to spare. Except returns closes three hours earlier. Manager was there. He took pity on me after I told him I just got it 30 minutes earlier. He said if they had an identical one with same UPC code, he'd let me swap it.

Lucked out. They had one. I set a land speed record back to the front. He took the bad one. I gave him a huge thank you. Headed to work.

Got the old one out. Cleaned the area. Got the new one in. Seems to work.

A few tech things to take care of and this day is over for me. Then I'll be happy.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A few tech things to take care of and this day is over for me. Then I'll be happy.

I am sorry your day was so hectic and crazy.

I hope you finished all of that, and you are 100% happy now.

I hope the rest of not only this year, but the whole next decade you have the best of luck and everything you touch turns to gold, and nothing else tears up that you have to repair, and no one has any problems with any games, and you can just goof off on here telling funny stories and jokes, and not have a care in the world about anything else repair wise, and have a awesome time just relaxing and having fun.

You deserve a break, and I hope you can have a awesome break, while at the same time not having any worries at all.

(which is kind of what I want also), but in the meantime I will be happy if things will stop breaking and I can stop buying parts for myself also.

At the very least, we can all be happy that we are still above ground, even if it seems like everything else sucks sometimes.

#149 2 years ago

I am HAPPY to be back home alone now.

My girlfriend was a pain to deal with tonight.

I wanted to go night fishing one night this week, and tonight looked the best, with the wind forecasts, as long as the rain stayed south of the lake as they predicted.

Before we even left, she said oh, I am afraid it may storm.

I said, well, it is not forecast to storm at the lake.

A little more back and forth and I said why don't you stay here, and play Big Buck Hunter(I swear she is badly addicted to that game), while I go fish.

On the lake, her: oh, I felt a drop of rain, I know you had to of felt that.

Me: Yep, feels good to me.

If it were to start raining much I will open the Bimini top, I have fished in rain before and it works pretty good.

I had to listen to crap all night, only caught one fish, and lost something really big before I could get it to the boat, it was zinging the drag on the reel.

I am happy to be back at home alone drinking beer.

In the future if it is even cloudy I am going to insist that I fish alone that night.

(and to be fair, her aging Mom that she has been babysitting has been getting on her last nerve), but at the same time, my girlfriend will learn that when I am ready to fish, I am not putting up with any crap.

She did apologize a few times, she seen how I was never mean, or rude, and it did not rain except maybe 10 very light drops the whole time.

I was very happy to get back home and see it was raining here, it had been several days since my lawn had any rain.

I was also happy that when I checked my email, some rare music CD's I have had on Amazon for a while had sold while I was gone fishing.

Cha-ching!

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#150 2 years ago

I’m happy to finally sit out in the garage for a thunderstorm. First storm this year that lasted more than a couple minutes.

I’m happy that we are getting a soaking rain. A lot of farmers are probably happy tonight too. It feels like gold falling from the sky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-happy-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.