1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by skink91
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 1 year ago

This was posted from SunKing and spot on.

"C'mon guys, do you really think John is smart enough to pull off 'an epic troll'? And that Ice would just send him thousands of $$'s to keep it going? No. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the truth.

Ice felt some sympathy for John and decided to fund his dream of building a pinball machine. Why John had this dream and what his real intentions are may never be known. But what we witnessed over the past several months was John's best attempt to make that dream come true. In light of the abject failure, John tries to save face by saying 'haha - it was just a joke'.

Sorry, I'm not buying it."

If it was always some troll/fraud thing all along then it's NEWS TO ME. A lot of people had the same mindset in helping John with a "GoFundMe".

I expect the same typical reaction from the "mini mob" crew however, same people want to believe the worst.

I didn't even participate in the infamous thread for months.

The $6k is real and I'll post the paypal receipts.

Why would i want to blow $6k on some ridiculous troll? So if that's what John is saying then it's ALL on him. It was a ruse against a "rich american prick" as Avi put it. That sentiment was a bit surprising since i didn't even know who he was before that. It's ok. I know i am that to some that don't know me.

My reasons for doing it are as simple as what SunKing said and as far as i'm concerned, said it all along, for me it was a "charitable venture".

Carry on! Life goes on. At least i get my response out before the thread gets closed. If that's not good enough for the haters then that's on YOU.

#2 1 year ago

In before the lock

#3 1 year ago

I haven’t followed that thread recently
    Did John give up?

#4 1 year ago

#5 1 year ago

My days are now filled with repeatedly hitting refresh to find new and exciting GWJ threads on pinside…

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-gwj-plan-or-troll-response-from-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.